Irrevocably Yours

By Smorante76

This is my very first time writing a fan fiction. Oh what the heck, this is my first time writing a story per... More

Rude Awakening
Dream
Hide and Seek
Take It Easy
Remembrance
Remembrance 2
Remembrance: Collide
Remembrance: Burn
Remembrance: Gone
Secrets
Meet the Faulkersons
Cornered
Secret's Out
Viva Las Vegas
Close Call
Threats
Realization
Night Before
July 16- 2 years after
Understanding
Happiness
No Place I'd Rather Be
Mine
Hopelessly In Love
Interrogation
New Development
His Side
Happy?
Definitely Happy
The Proposal
Let the Celebration Begin
Dear Future Husband
Engagement Off
Wake Up Call
Sorry
Hiding No More
Helpless
Green Eyed Monster
Punishment
Of Her and Now
Contentment
Consequence
Ready, Set, Happiness
2 weeks
1 week, 7 days
Family and Quick Ones
Bonding Surprise
Alcohol laden Advices
Panic!
3 Days; Caught
Surprise
IT'S a BOY!
2 days before
1 day before
"Somewhere Only We Know"
Boys Night Out
Preparation
The Wedding
Wedding Album
Just Married
"Irrevocably Yours" Forever
A New Life
Author's Note

The Things We Do For Love

9K 369 6
By Smorante76

I apologize for the lack of update in the last couple of days. Aside from being busy with work, I seem to have lost my muse. I tried really hard to find it. This chapter might or might not reflect that. But thank you for the words and messages of encouragement. Enjoy!
--------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh my god Ate Coleen! This is the fifth house we've been in to see today and we're basically back to square 1. Why can't we just do it at my house or mom and dad's?" Maine literally whined. RJ and her have decided that since the wedding will only have family and intimate friends, they will hold the reception at a house with enough rooms for people to crash on, if need be, and with a big enough backyard for a tent to be set up on. Actually if it were up to her, she would like to just hold the reception at a restaurant. But when she mentioned that, the Faulkerson and Mendoza women all protested! So RJ came up with the idea to rent a house for the day before until the day after the wedding and everyone agreed as a compromise.

"Meng, can you please cooperate. Just pick a house wherein you can imagine yourself living. It's already unconventional that we are renting a house to host a reception, please don't make it harder than it already is" Coleen quipped back with a frustrated sigh. Maine felt guilty at that. Their family were really trying their hardest to put this wedding together in a short amount of time and she didn't mean to sound ungrateful. Rizza was in charge of the wedding gown. She contacted her local designer friend to create Maine's dream gown. Nicki was in charge of the decorations and John was in charge of the tent creation. Coleen was in charge of the venue hence the argument they're currently having. The Faulkerson parents were in charge of photography and the Mendoza parents were taking care of the catering.

Truthfully, Maine felt useless. She was assigned to invitations. What the hell? My own wedding and I'm designated to do invitations! Ugh! She only agreed with the condition that RJ and her will shoulder all of the expenses. Well, their family didn't really have any choice because Maine threatened to elope if they say otherwise. She has more than enough money put aside and of course RJ has no issue with money at all. He was very generous with his credit card. When Maine protested at one point, he did everything (like 100 orgasms everything) to convince her otherwise. What else was a girl to do but to agree.

Maine, like any other girl, had envisioned a perfect dream wedding when she was young. She would walk down the aisle, with her future husband waiting for her at the altar. She, dressed in pristine white wedding gown and him, all decked out in a black tux. Their eyes would meet and blah, blah, blah! Maybe a very small part of her is bemoaning the loss of that dream or fantasy if you will. Who would've thought that she would be planning her wedding in such a hurry and that she would be pregnant with her second child when it happens. Who would've thought that the straight laced and conventional Mendoza would be the one to fall from grace and be happy doing it. She is very happy that she is marrying the love of her life, the father of her children. Yes, their story is a little unconventional BUT, it is still their story.

"I'm sorry Ate. You're right of course. I'm just hungry that's all. Can we take a lunch break first?" Maine cajoled her sister.

"Yes. I'm starving too. After all, we still have 4 more houses to look at." Coleen answered back.

Maine was about to groan out loud but she caught herself. Ugh! 4 more houses! What the hell did I get myself into? Please let one of these following 4 houses be the one. RJ did volunteer to take today off and go with Coleen instead, but Maine being the control freak that she was, protested saying it was her day off anyway. Now, she's regretting that decision. The sisters headed to a local diner to have some lunch and by 1:30 they're back to looking at houses.

Finally, when they went to the 7th house, Maine loved everything about it. From the foyer, to the view that overlooked English Bay. The grand staircase was breath taking and it's the first thing one sees when one walks in through the front door. The foyer is wide enough to accommodate at least 25 people. They walked further into the house and took in the elegance of the downstairs area which was fully furnished and very spacious. One wall of the receiving area is a floor to ceiling window that has a killer view of English Bay. Oh my god! I would love to have this house for myself. So gorgeous. I can imagine myself living here, alright! Maine, wake up! This house would probably cost you an arm and a leg as well as your two kids! Maine started taking pictures to send to RJ feeling like they're purchasing the house and not just renting it for the wedding. Yap! The 'over achiever Maine' strikes again!

"Ate, this is it! This is the perfect house! I love everything about it and look at the backyard! There's enough room for the tent!" she excitedly tells Coleen.

"Hallelujah! We've picked a house! Thank goodness! Ok I will make all the necessary arrangements" Coleen sarcastically answered as she dialled her phone and Maine assumed she was talking to the owners.

Maine couldn't wait to share the good news with RJ. So she sent him a text.

Maine
3:10pm: Love, I've picked a house for the reception! You're gonna love it too. Well, I hope you will, anyway.

RJ
3:11pm: I'm sure I will love. Did you take pictures?

Maine
3:12pm: Yes! So this first one is the staircase which I immediately fell in love with.

RJ
3:13pm: Wow! Those are nice stairs.

Maine
3:14pm: Nice stairs? Really love?!? That's all you can say? It's gorgeous! Ugh! You're such a man!

RJ
3:15pm: Yet, you love me 💏

Maine
3:17pm: Dr. Faulkerson! Stop flirting! I'm telling your fiancée.

RJ
3:19pm: Can you tell her I'm off early today and I'm on my way home. I'll be waiting for her in my birthday suit when she gets home. 😍😍😘😘

Maine
3:20pm: Richard! Your son might see you and think it's ok to walk around the house with his family jewels for the world to see.

RJ
3:21pm: Love! What a way to kill the sexting mood! 😢. Anyway, what else can you tell me about the house 😞

Maine
3:22pm: Such a quitter! I'm disappointed. I thought you had it in you 😂. But I love you nonetheless! 😘
So this is the backyard. It's perfect for the tent that Kuya John designed.

RJ
3:24pm: Do you really like this house, love? I know we're only using it for the wedding but I want you to be sure cause you're never getting married again.

Maine
3:25pm: I do! It's perfect! Here's a pic of the inside.

The first one is the receiving area and the second one is the living room. Isn't it beautiful?

RJ
3:26pm: Hey it's your favourite colour. Is that why you like it? 😉

Maine
3:27pm: Maybe? Hahaha. No, I just love the set up. So what do you think?

RJ
3:28pm: Love, I'm good with whatever you choose. That's how much I love you 😘😘😘

Maine
3:30pm: OMG! Faulkerson! Stop flirting! You already got me! 😂

RJ
3:30pm: Just making sure!

Maine
3:31pm: Love, Ate Coleen is waving like a crazy maniac now. I think we have to go . See you at home. Love you!

Maine was walking towards her sister when Coleen's
phone started ringing.
"Sorry, Meng, I have to take this. 10 minutes then we can head home" she apologized before walking away again. Maine decided to go back into the house and sit for a bit. She dialled RJ's number but it went straight to voice mail. Huh! I wonder who he's talking to, or he could be driving.

Unbeknownst to Maine, RJ was busy talking to none other than Coleen. After Maine and him got engaged, he decided to buy a house for their growing family. It's not that he doesn't like Maine's house right now, it's just that he wanted them to start fresh as husband and wife. He heard from Coleen that Maine hurriedly bought the house when she found out she was pregnant with Sebastian. That it's not really her dream home. So he talked to Coleen and both came up with the idea to surprise Maine with a house as a wedding present, fully paid by RJ of course. When Maine agreed with RJ's suggestion to rent a house for the wedding, Coleen found a way to show Maine the houses and let her believe that she's picking a house just for the wedding. It was the perfect plan!

"RJ, she picked the 7th house. Wasn't that one of your top three?" Coleen asked with a smile in her voice. It's amazing that in the short amount of time RJ and Maine have been together, RJ knows Maine like the back of his hand.

"Yes, it was. Thank you Coleen, I owe you one" RJ rejoined.

"Yes you do. I'll put it on your tab" Coleen jokingly replied. "I'll get all the paperworks ready by Monday.  I know I've asked this question before but I'm going to ask it again. Are you sure about paying cash and not take the mortgage? It's close to 2.1 million in total after all" she added.

"Yes. Who else am I going to spend my money on except my family? I want Maine to live in a house she loves without having to worry about the payments" RJ answered.

"Ok, it's your money" Coleen said sarcastically.

"I love her Coleen. With all of my heart" he replied with an audible shake in his voice.

"I know RJ, I know. In fact, the whole world knows. But, for that, I am forever in your debt. For making my sister happy" Coleen stated while wiping her tears. "Sheesh! Enough. We're both turning into maudlin idiots! Okay, I'll have the papers ready by Monday" she added.

"Hahaha! Thank you again Coleen" RJ replied and with that they both ended the call.

Coleen just had to shake her head at that. Coleen and Maine are the closest among the 5 siblings. Up till now, she's very thankful that Maine and RJ found each other again. Like the rest of the Mendozas, she witnessed firsthand the struggles her sister went through in the last two years. The trouble with Maine is that she's too proud to ask for help even if she's already obviously struggling. No amount of persuasion will ever change her mind once she's made a decision. Her wall of pride is both her strength and her weakness. Yet, RJ has pierced through that wall with just a flash of his dimple. Oh Coleen knows it was more than that but she's too much of a hopeless romantic to think otherwise. As long as her sister is happy, who is she to argue.
Coleen was about to put her phone away when it dinged to signal a text.

Mom
4:00pm: Nicolas has been shot on duty! He's being taken to VGH!

Coleen looked up to see Maine almost running out of the house with a look of panic on her face. She knew then that her sister got the same text. The sisters looked at each other and hurriedly got inside the car in silence but with the same prayer. Please God, don't let my brother die!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

275 33 19
This is something I created when I was going though some dark things in my life sorry some of it is mature content. This story is a time traveling st...
23 0 17
(ASOIAF/GOT/HotD Fanfic) In these perilous age for Westeros, it comes time for sides to be taken and things that seem inevitable to take place, peopl...
157 0 23
So this is the first story I've written, so please go easy on me with criticisms because I'm kind of terrified about this. I'm probably going to end...
1.9K 50 17
My first fanfic, it will be a viggo x oc. Any suggestions or comments are appreciated. If there is anything you want me to try, tell me. Sorry about...