2 weeks

I was hoping to get this chapter in time for Father's Day and voila! Here it is. Enjoy!
-------------------------------------------------------

"2 weeks! 14 days and I will become Mrs. Richard Faulkerson Jr.! Can you believe that baby! 2 weeks! Daddy and I are getting married in 2 weeks!"

Sebastian just stared at his mom. He smiled when she smiled. Laughed when she laughed. And she kept rubbing and talking to her belly. She looked happy anyway. Gaaahhh! My son must think I'm crazy. I can't help it! I am happy, excited and all together euphoric. I'm getting married in 2 weeks!

Maine and Sebastian are stuck at home since it's raining outside. It is the beginning of October after all. If the temperature wasn't too cold outside and it's not pouring rain, mother and son would probably be out there playing under the rain. They both love the rain. Instead, they resorted to playing beside the window in the living room so they can still watch the raindrops and listen to it hit the windowpane. They must've sang the nursery rhyme 'Rain, rain go away' a million times earlier.

Maine decided that today would just be a day to spend with her son. RJ, as usual, is at his office. He had to leave early this morning since his first case is an 7:45 then office after.

Maine's been busy in the last week working and finalizing everything for the wedding at the same time. Sebastian must've thought his parents have given him away because he was always spending time either with his nanny Pearl, or his grandma and grandpa, or his lolo and lola. Yesterday was Maine's first day off so of course, it was her sleep day. So today, she decided, it's mommy and son day. She let Sebastian do whatever he wanted to do, eat whatever he wanted to eat and watch whatever he wanted to watch. Surprisingly though, all her son wanted to do most was cuddle. So here they are, lying down beside the window, amidst the scattered pillows, watching the rain and cuddling.

Maine misses this moments with her son. Before RJ came into their lives, it's always been just the two of them. They've always done things together; playing, walks in the park, colouring, dancing to music among other things. Maine feels guilty for not being able to spend the same time with her son, yet Sebastian doesn't seem to mind at all. In fact, he seemed to be enjoying being moved from one place to the other.

"Sebastian" Maine stated and when her son looked at her she added "I love you, baby" while she kissed him on both cheeks.

"Lamyu mama" Sebastian enthusiastically answered back and also gave his mom wet, sloppy kisses to which Maine responded with mock disgust.

"Baby" Maine began while placing Sebastian's hand on her belly. "You are going to be a big brother soon. There's a baby growing inside Mommy's belly and we will meet him or her soon. You will be the best brother ever, right?" Sebastian just stared back but then Maine felt a forceful kick as if the baby inside of her is trying to say "please to meet you, big brother." That brought tears of joy to Maine's eyes and her son, of course, thought differently.

"Mama, sad?"

"No, no baby. Mama is happy. Not sad at all" Maine hurriedly reassured her son while wiping her tears. My baby boy! So thoughtful! Just like his father. And with that thought, it dawned on Maine how things have changed since RJ came into their lives. His presence is felt even if he's not around. He's never for once, forgotten to check on her and Sebastian whenever he's not with them. When he is, he made sure that her and Sebastian are well taken cared of before he attends to his own needs. I'm marrying him! He truly is the man of my dreams. And thinking of the devil, her phone dinged.

From RJ
2:30 pm: Love, how's it going?

From Maine
2:31 pm: We're okay. Just relaxing at home. What about you? How's your day?