Green Eyed Monster

Warning: Rated 18A for the strong, suggestive and sexual language. Please heed the warning! Thank you and enjoy! I will try to post the next chapter tomorrow!
--------------------------------------------------------------

Wait....what the fuck? WHO?!?! Tell me I heard that wrong! Tell me I'm just hearing things! Maine straightened and slowly looked to where the newcomer was. RJ stood frozen on the spot while the newcomer threw her arms around him to give him a hug. Her back was turned towards Maine so she can't really see what the newcomer looked like. Credits to RJ though because he didn't return the hug. If anything, he looked uncomfortable and unsure of what to do. Yay! Oh but wait, is he moving to hug her back?

To say RJ was shocked was an understatement. What the fuck?!? Of all places, she had to show up here? What is she doing here anyway? She lives in Toronto, doesn't she? Oh shit! She's hugging me! RJ just stood there unsure of what to do. He threw a glance in Maine's direction in the hopes that she didn't hear any of the exchange. But one look at her blank expression and RJ knew she heard everything. Panic! This is the time to panic! Should I run or should I hide? And why is Lianna still hugging me? RJ moved then. He lifted his arm and placed 3 (yes 3, I counted) awkward pats on Lianna's back to acknowledge her hug. He looked at Maine once more and this time, she had her arms crossed in front of her and her left eyebrow raised. Shit!

Maine was deliberately keeping her mouth shut even if she was raging on the inside. She patiently waited for RJ to acknowledge her. He sent two glances her way but still no acknowledgement. His face is now beet red and he seriously looked like a cornered animal. And why the hell is that woman still hugging him? By this time, Maine was slowly counting from 1 to 10 to keep her rage at bay. She stared at the back of the woman's head, silently willing her to turn around. Turn around! Let him go and turn around! Maine noticed RJ giving the woman 3 pats on the back as if petting a rabid dog. Like it's going to bite anytime soon! If it wasn't for the situation, Maine would've laughed at the absurdity of it all. However, if she heard it right, this is Lianna. The Lianna that RJ first proposed to. The Lianna that RJ refused to talk about. The Lianna that is currently making the 'insecure Maine' claw her way out once again. The trouble is, 'insecure Maine' is very unpredictable. She could remain as cool as a cucumber OR she could be as turbulent as the sea during a storm. And if this Lianna doesn't let go of RJ anytime soon, it would be the latter 'insecure Maine' that's gonna come out!

For Maine, it felt like Lianna has been hugging RJ for 10 minutes but in truth, only 1 minute had passed. She felt like she was watching a movie on slow motion. Are you just gonna stand here and do nothing Maine? That is your fiancé, the father of your children, being hugged by his former fiancée, inside your brother's cubicle! How rude! Ok, ok. This needs to end now! Finally, Maine couldn't hold back anymore. She took a few steps to get closer.

"Ahem!" she began. Lianna let go of RJ and stepped back. RJ looked at Maine but instead of reassurance, Maine read confusion in his eyes. Why is he confused? And just like that, 'insecure Maine' came out full blown. Maine's initial intention was just to introduce herself to the infamous Lianna but when she saw the confusion in RJ's eyes, she blurted out what came to mind.

"Can you take your mini reunion somewhere else? I'm having a visit with my brother here!" she stated haughtily. That made Lianna turn around and oh my god! She's gorgeous. Her face could be akin to a supermodel. Big round eyes, perfectly arched eyebrows, prominent cheekbones, cute button nose and full red lips. Her hair the colour of midnight was tied in a high ponytail which truly accentuated her facial features. If Maine was insecure a minute ago, she truly feels like the ugly duckling now. To cover up her embarrassment, she turned her back and walked back to her brother's bedside.