A New Life

I swear, this is truly the end to this book. It took me a few days to make up my mind whether to post this chapter or not. In the end, I knew I had to because as much as I loved the previous chapter, Maine and RJ having their second child, to my mind, is the best ending. Anyway, enjoy.

*Second book coming up very soon!*

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 03, 11:45 pm

RJ and Maine were finally settling into their bed for the night after the last of their family left. The Faulkerson and Mendoza clan came to celebrate Maine's birthday. Sebastian (tired from all the dancing with his cousin) was all tucked in his bed and off to dreamland.

"Thank you Love for organizing this little get together" Maine tiredly stated. RJ was busy giving her feet a massage. This had been their routine every night eversince Maine went past 34 weeks and she pretty much couldn't  see her own toes anymore. Now, 38 weeks along, she leaned her head back on the headboard as she caressed her protruding belly. She had been having irregular contractions since last night but nothing to be excited about. However, in the last 2 hours, the contractions have been getting more intense. She's been starting to be mindful of them.

"Anything for my best girl. Besides, I'm a little guilty for not being able to take you anywhere lately" RJ answered softly while observing his wife. All throughout the night, he's been noticing his wife stop and wince once and a while but she hasn't complained.

RJ had been consistent with his impromptu mini get aways. Eversince they came back from their Italian honeymoon, he made sure that they get away at least once every 2 weeks; sometimes with Sebastian, sometimes just the two of them. Until his wife reached 34 weeks. Maine made the decision then to stay grounded. They would still drive up to Whistler once in a while but only for 2 days max.

"Love you have been nothing but the best lately. I know I've been bitchy and irritable but you always keep your cool" *deep breath, deep breath* and I love you more and more for that" she emotionally declared. She leaned forward with her lips puckered asking for a kiss to which RJ obliged.

"Maine, are you having contractions?" RJ questioned. "I hate to sound like a doctor here, but, we've opted for VBAC (vaginal birth after Caesarian) so if you're contracting, we need to go to the hospital" he continued.

"I'm well aware of that Dr. Faulkerson" Maine answered with a roll of her eyes but quickly caught herself. "Love, I'm sorry. I have been feeling them but it's only in the last hour that it started hurting" she added as she attempted to get out of bed. "Ugh, I need to go pee again" she complained.

RJ helped his wife get out of bed and watched her anxiously as she wobbled the short distance to their bathroom. Yes, I'm an OB-GYN but FUCK! I can't think straight when it comes to my wife. Dammit! I can tell she's uncomfortable from the way she walks. Good thing it's a short distance to the bathroom. They've opted to stay at their South Surrey home since last week in preparation for Maine's delivery. Driving from their house in West Vancouver to SMH was just too far.

It was exactly 7 minutes later (not that the anxious father-to-be counted) when Maine stepped out of the bathroom with a perturbed expression on her face.

"Love, we need to go to the hospital" she stated.

"What? Why? I mean what happened" RJ stammered.