1 day before

Warning Rated 18A for strong, suggestive and sexual language. Please heed the warning. Thank you!

I've been taking longer and longer days to post updates for the mere reason that I've been really busy. That's what I tell myself anyway. But perhaps, subconsciously, I've also been trying to prolong the inevitable- that the ending is near. I have enjoyed writing this story, how I developed each character and how I developed the story. But all good things must come to an end right? So I post this chapter with much reluctance. It's not the last one, but it's nearing the last one. Again, thank you for continually reading. I truly appreciate it, from the bottom of my heart. Enjoy!
-------------------------------------------------------

Maine opened her eyes to semi unfamiliar surroundings. It took her a minute  to reorient her mind until she remembered that she, no they, are in RJ's condo. They crashed there last night instead of going back home to South Surrey because by the time they were done dinner after their shopping spree (well, her shopping spree but with RJ paying, YAY!), it was 1:00 in the morning. So here they are.

On their way downtown yesterday afternoon, RJ called his parents with the hope that they would be available to babysit Sebastian. Well, lo and behold, the older Faulkersons were so happy to spend time with their grandson. Hence, Sebastian spent the night there while his parents got to enjoy shopping and dinner.

Maine turned to the other side and sees her future husband on his back. RJ is sound asleep, with his mouth slightly open and his hair disheveled. His face so relaxed making him look younger than usual. As soon as she set her sights on him, she couldn't help the smile that came to her lips and for a second, just for a second, her heart forgot to beat. Her breathing stopped and accelerated in the same moment that tears started to appear in her eyes. Such is the effect of a certain Richard Faulkerson Jr. to my countenance. Even in his sleep.

To this day, Maine still pinches herself just to make sure she's not dreaming or making all this up in her head. There are also times she would pinch RJ instead, to make sure he is real and not a figment of her wild imagination. It's been 6 months since destiny decided to play a part in both her and RJ's lives but it has been almost 2 and a half years that fate decided to bring them together for the first time. Maine has long accepted that Sebastian was meant to be. Having her son will always be a part of her life that she'll never regret. NEVER! But, what if 6 months ago didn't happen? What if she never got to cross paths with RJ again? What if, what if, what if?!?! Ugh! Stop it Mendoza! You're overthinking again!

Maine slowly and quietly turned to get out of bed so as not to wake the sleeping man beside her. She headed straight to the bathroom, did her morning ablutions, and walked out into the living area after closing the bedroom door. She was heading to the kitchen to prepare breakfast when she was stopped in her tracks by the piles of shopping  bags scattered around the living room. Note to self: when a Faulkerson says shopping spree, he means SHOPPING SPREE! Maine's intention yesterday was just to buy some clothes so she can have some to take to their honeymoon but, after 4 hours of hopping from one shop to another, they came home with more than a dozen shopping bags.

How the fuck did this happen? Well, RJ took her to Oakridge Mall- the most expensive mall in Vancouver. He wouldn't accept no as an answer so, what the heck! After, he decided to stop at Holt Renfrew and purchased various purses for 'his wife' as well as his mom, sister, mother in law and two sisters in law as a thank you gift for their help in planning the wedding. Well, when he put it that way, Maine can't really say no now, can she?

But standing here, now, looking at the bags in front of her, Maine felt a little guilty. My goodness! These bags probably cost almost 6 months worth of her income! She tried to stop RJ, she really did; 1st: because she's not really into designer stuff, 2nd: because she felt really guilty when she looked at the prices; she's a cheapskate by heart, and 3rd: because she doesn't want RJ to think that she's taking advantage of the situation. However, RJ took it upon himself to pick and choose the clothes, the shoes, the purses, the lingerie (my god, he had fun picking them out) and the accessories. He actually possessed a keen and updated sense of style which impressed Maine so towards the end, she just let him purchase whatever he deemed worthy. Hence, the bags littering the floor at the moment. A smile started to form on her lips and she walked to the kitchen to start breakfast with a skip in her step. Point to me a girl who wouldn't feel a little giddy after her man buys her stuff; not just stuff BUT expensive stuff to boot, and I will say BULLSHIT! Every girl feels special when her man drops a little cash (in RJ's case, a lot) on her behalf. Yes every girl, regardless of how frugal you are.