Panic!

This is the longest I waited to post an update. I apologize but I've been busy working. I hope this ties y'all over until I can post a proper one. Thank you.
Warning: Rated 18A for strong and suggestive language.
-------------------------------------------------------

4 days to go. 4 days and I'm going to be Mrs. Richard Faulkerson Jr.! Maine was driving home from a last minute meeting with her bridal entourage, since the maid of honour, Coleen, said they needed to iron out all the small details. It was supposed to be 2 hours tops, but 6 hours later, and she's just making her way home. RJ had taken time off from work which started yesterday and 17 more days after the wedding. Maine on the other hand took all of her left over vacation and it gave her almost a month off. Mind you, it's not really a vacation she's having right now. Because of the wedding being so close, she's been busier than ever. She hasn't had a free time to herself in the last 3 days. After the party at the Faulkerson residence, she's been out everyday, doing errands; sometimes tagging Sebastian along to which her son will sometimes miss his afternoon nap; and then it would be the end of the world for the kid. So, to say Maine is exhausted is an understatement. It's actually amazing she's still standing.

Today, RJ took Sebastian downtown with him since they both needed to do their final fitting for their tuxes. Gaaahhh I can't imagine how cute my son would look like in a tux. Since RJ was forbidden by Rizza to see the wedding dress, he thought it would only be fair that nobody, he means nobody (including Maine) will see him and Sebastian in their tuxes until the wedding day. Maine tried to get him to take a pic of their son trying on his tux but RJ absolutely refused. It's pathetic and a little (okay, a lot) childish really, but that's how it's been.

Maine pulled up inside their garage and glanced at the dashboard clock (before turning the engine off) and realized its 12:30 am. What the fuck? Where did the time go? She stepped out of her jeep and made her way inside the house. It was a little dark with the only light coming from the TV in the living room. As she walked further in, she saw RJ on the couch, with remote on top of his abdomen, sound asleep.

Maine went around to place her keys and purse by the side table near the front door and went back to the living room with the intention of waking up RJ so they can both head upstairs. Once she reached the side of the couch where RJ was sprawled and was about to reach out to shake him, she made the mistake of looking at his angelic, peaceful, sleeping face. She couldn't help but just stare and be in awe at her future husband's perfection. A smile starts to play on her lips.

Truthfully, up to this point, Maine is still baffled at how the fates have aligned their paths. For someone who is a self confessed hopeless romantic, Maine concedes that their story is one for the books. Never in her wildest dreams did she picture herself being this happy, this contented, this satisfied. There are times she still pinches herself only to make sure that what's happening is real and not just a product of her over active imagination.

Maine kept looking down at RJ's face with now a full blown smile. She was so engrossed in her thoughts that she literally jumped back when RJ spoke.

"Are you done staring Mendoza?" RJ uttered yet his eyes remained closed.

"What the...ugh! Faulkerson! You scared the shit out of me!" Maine exclaimed accompanied with a stomp of her foot.

RJ finally fully opened his eyes, sat up, reached for Maine's hand and gently tugged her to sit on his lap. Maine fought him at first, still indignant, in the end, she was too tired to fight so she gave in but not without retaliation. She purposely plopped herself (with a little force) onto his lap.