Understanding

Well, here it is. The anticipated father and son meet up. Hope you guys enjoy reading as much as I enjoyed writing.
--------------------------------------------------------------

RJ was so disoriented after finding out that Maine and him have a son together. He left her house not realizing that he took Sebastian's picture with him. Sebastian. My son! My son's name is Sebastian. I have a son! As much as he was shocked when Maine confirmed his suspicions, he was also very angry because she kept that information from him. If he calculated right, then he missed the first 15 months of his son's life. Not only that! He also missed the whole pregnancy part. He should've been part of those milestones. He can never take that back!

RJ didn't realize that instead of heading to his condo, he drove to his parents house until he was actually parked in their driveway. He must've sat in his car for a good 10 minutes, just staring at nothing when his mom opened the front door.

"Are you planning on sitting there the whole night anak, or do you plan on coming in" she asked.

What the heck! I'm already here, might as well. So RJ went inside his parents home still clutching Sebastian's picture in his left hand. He headed straight to his father's bar and poured himself 2 fingers of scotch and gulped it down. By this time, Richard Sr. has joined his wife on the couch just waiting for their second son to tell them what's bothering him. RJ had both of his hands on the bar counter, his shoulders hunched over and his left hand gripping what looked like a picture frame. The Faulkerson parents are nothing but patient, so they sat there, hands intertwined and waited.

Finally, RJ took a deep breath and turned around. He paced back and forth for a good 5 minutes before he literally shoved the picture frame in his parents' faces. His mom took it, cause his arms are shaking so bad. Rose and Richard Sr. looked at the picture and then they looked at each other. It was Rose that spoke first.

"Anak? Why are we looking at your baby picture?" she queried with a confused look on her face.

"Mom, look again!"
His parents both looked at the picture again. This time they can see the subtle difference. This picture looks newer. The little boy has RJ's nose, lips and dimple but the eyes are different. The eyes are rounder and the lashes are longer. This time it's Richard Sr. that asked: "Son, who is this kid? And why do you have his picture?"

Rose was just sitting, waiting for her son to answer although she has a strong suspicion on what the answer would be. Her heart started pounding on her chest. She knows that her son will not be this affected if this is just a random child.

RJ stopped his pacing, ran his hand through his hair in exasperation and finally blurted out "he's my son". His name is Sebastian, and he is my son" the last part he whispered as he finally sat down. "Mom, Dad. I have a son" he whispers again with tears running down his face.

Rose stood up and ran to her son's side. RJ latched on to his mom and sobbed like a 5 year old child. Richard Sr. just stood to the side with his hand on his son's shoulder and the picture of his grandson in his other hand. They stayed like that for 30 minutes until RJ was spent. Finally, he takes a cleansing breath and let's go of Rose. He looked to his father first, then to his mother. Both have the same unspoken question in their eyes. And so there, at his parents living room, he retold their story. Maine and his story. And now Sebastian's as well.
*************************************************
Half an hour after RJ left, Maine called Coleen to bring Sebastian back. She needed her son beside her. She needed to touch him, listen to him talk and smell his scent. Coleen did as asked without question.