The Things We Do For Love

I apologize for the lack of update in the last couple of days. Aside from being busy with work, I seem to have lost my muse. I tried really hard to find it. This chapter might or might not reflect that. But thank you for the words and messages of encouragement. Enjoy!
--------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh my god Ate Coleen! This is the fifth house we've been in to see today and we're basically back to square 1. Why can't we just do it at my house or mom and dad's?" Maine literally whined. RJ and her have decided that since the wedding will only have family and intimate friends, they will hold the reception at a house with enough rooms for people to crash on, if need be, and with a big enough backyard for a tent to be set up on. Actually if it were up to her, she would like to just hold the reception at a restaurant. But when she mentioned that, the Faulkerson and Mendoza women all protested! So RJ came up with the idea to rent a house for the day before until the day after the wedding and everyone agreed as a compromise.

"Meng, can you please cooperate. Just pick a house wherein you can imagine yourself living. It's already unconventional that we are renting a house to host a reception, please don't make it harder than it already is" Coleen quipped back with a frustrated sigh. Maine felt guilty at that. Their family were really trying their hardest to put this wedding together in a short amount of time and she didn't mean to sound ungrateful. Rizza was in charge of the wedding gown. She contacted her local designer friend to create Maine's dream gown. Nicki was in charge of the decorations and John was in charge of the tent creation. Coleen was in charge of the venue hence the argument they're currently having. The Faulkerson parents were in charge of photography and the Mendoza parents were taking care of the catering.

Truthfully, Maine felt useless. She was assigned to invitations. What the hell? My own wedding and I'm designated to do invitations! Ugh! She only agreed with the condition that RJ and her will shoulder all of the expenses. Well, their family didn't really have any choice because Maine threatened to elope if they say otherwise. She has more than enough money put aside and of course RJ has no issue with money at all. He was very generous with his credit card. When Maine protested at one point, he did everything (like 100 orgasms everything) to convince her otherwise. What else was a girl to do but to agree.

Maine, like any other girl, had envisioned a perfect dream wedding when she was young. She would walk down the aisle, with her future husband waiting for her at the altar. She, dressed in pristine white wedding gown and him, all decked out in a black tux. Their eyes would meet and blah, blah, blah! Maybe a very small part of her is bemoaning the loss of that dream or fantasy if you will. Who would've thought that she would be planning her wedding in such a hurry and that she would be pregnant with her second child when it happens. Who would've thought that the straight laced and conventional Mendoza would be the one to fall from grace and be happy doing it. She is very happy that she is marrying the love of her life, the father of her children. Yes, their story is a little unconventional BUT, it is still their story.

"I'm sorry Ate. You're right of course. I'm just hungry that's all. Can we take a lunch break first?" Maine cajoled her sister.

"Yes. I'm starving too. After all, we still have 4 more houses to look at." Coleen answered back.

Maine was about to groan out loud but she caught herself. Ugh! 4 more houses! What the hell did I get myself into? Please let one of these following 4 houses be the one. RJ did volunteer to take today off and go with Coleen instead, but Maine being the control freak that she was, protested saying it was her day off anyway. Now, she's regretting that decision. The sisters headed to a local diner to have some lunch and by 1:30 they're back to looking at houses.

Finally, when they went to the 7th house, Maine loved everything about it. From the foyer, to the view that overlooked English Bay. The grand staircase was breath taking and it's the first thing one sees when one walks in through the front door. The foyer is wide enough to accommodate at least 25 people. They walked further into the house and took in the elegance of the downstairs area which was fully furnished and very spacious. One wall of the receiving area is a floor to ceiling window that has a killer view of English Bay. Oh my god! I would love to have this house for myself. So gorgeous. I can imagine myself living here, alright! Maine, wake up! This house would probably cost you an arm and a leg as well as your two kids! Maine started taking pictures to send to RJ feeling like they're purchasing the house and not just renting it for the wedding. Yap! The 'over achiever Maine' strikes again!