Close Call

Warning: Rated PG13 for the suggestive and strong language. This is a precursor to next chapter which I'm pretty sure is going to be another Rated R. I mean they have to ease all this sexual tension, right? Right.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Maine was busy talking on the phone when RJ knocked on her door. She glances at the clock and true enough, it's 6:30 on the dot. She opens her door and motioned for him to come in noticing that he is carrying some divine smelling food and a bottle of white wine in his hands. How the hell can a guy look this fuckin good. RJ has changed from his suit into a plain vneck cotton shirt and a pair of ripped jeans. Meanwhile, she's still wearing the same outfit she had on when she stepped off the plane this afternoon. RJ gives her a questioning look as she's still talking on the phone.

"Okaayyy. Bye baby. I miss you. See you soon kay, mwah, mwah" then she hung up.

Sometimes, Maine wonders if her son really does understand what she's saying most of the time being he's only a year old. But she does it anyway.

RJ upon hearing this, stiffened and felt like a bucket of ice was poured over his head. He clenched and unclenched his fist. Wait a minute RJ, are you jealous? Dude, you have no fuckin right to be jealous! Get it together! You don't even know who that was.

"Sorry, I was just talking to...., errrr never mind" Maine apologized indifferently as if she didn't almost blurt out that she was talking to her son. Whew! That was a close call. This is what you get when you don't have any sleep!

RJ on the other hand is seething with anger for which the reason he doesn't know. He just did not like the sound of her voice while on the phone, all high pitched and melodic, as if she's talking to the love of her life! FUCK! Last time I heard she was single! When did this 'bye baby, I miss you' shit happened?!? RJ had to refocus as he sees Maine telling him something.

"Im sorry. What? I zoned out for a minute there" he explained.

"I was just saying that I have all the PowerPoint organized" she states as she pulls out her laptop from its case. "There are areas where I left spaces; where I think it could use some improvements. You have to understand, I did all this 5 years ago. Since you've been with us for almost 3 months now, I would really appreciate it if you give me some feedback" Maine elaborated.

As she was setting up the laptop on the bed, her stomach growled so loud that it stopped her midway. She turned to face RJ with an embarrassed look but RJ was already laughing at her. She felt offended at first but then she realized the humor in the situation and started laughing herself. With the ever present tension between them, it felt soooo good to laugh. Their laughter became the kind wherein it feels like a dam has been released. Tears have started rolling down Maine's face and RJ is turning red from the exertion. Finally, when their laughter subsided RJ pointed to the bag of takeout food marked 'MIZUMI' that he brought with him.

"Maybe we should eat first. I'm pretty sure you haven't eaten yet, or have you?" he asked tentatively.

"Isn't the sound of my protesting stomach answer enough?"

"Ok, ok." He says palms up. "Let's eat then" he says as he starts pulling food out of the bag and uncorking the wine. He hands her a covered container and when Maine opened it, her mouth watered. Laid out before her are different kinds of sushi, nigiri and sashimi.

"Oohhh eeemmm geeee! RJ! This is a feast. How much do I owe you?" she asked as she stuffed a sashimi in her mouth.
"Hhhhhmmmmm, I'm in heaven" she whispers with her eyes closed.

RJ was just staring at her. Her head thrown back, her neck extended and her moan (God that moan!) was enough to get him hard in an instant. It's an instant reaction for him to get a boner (whenever she's around) but they were never alone as they are now. RJ took a few steps to get closer to her when she suddenly opened her eyes and asked again, "how much do I owe you?"