Lucky to Have You (SwanQueen...

By The_QueenHaylee

Emma and Regina have been through a lot to get to where they are. They finally feel as if they have found the... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33

Chapter 17

3.1K 136 19
By The_QueenHaylee

"Harder, please." She sighs, and Regina does just that. There's nothing sexual about the massage but the intimacy of the act doesn't go over their heads. Even though Regina is digging her hands and fingers into Emma's back, she notices soft snores coming from the blonde. She pauses the massage to lean over Emma's body to find the woman asleep. She smiles to herself and then presses a light kiss to Emma's cheek before finishing the massage. She then covers Emma in a fluffy blanket and tucks a pillow behind her back and adjusts the one under her head. It's only 8:30 but Regina knows that Emma hasn't been sleeping well. So she leaves the blonde where she is and goes to finish cleaning the house.

"I love you, Emma." Regina says to the room and the answer she receives is more snoring.

~~~

Emma wakes up the next morning to the smell of bacon coming from... right beside her? She blinks slowly until her eyes clear and she sits up. Her mind is groggy and she yawns when she feels a chill on her chest. Looking down, Emma realizes she's not wearing a shirt and the blanket has pooled around her waist. 

"Oh god." She chokes, pulling the blanket back up around her body.

"Morning." Regina laughs and Emma notices the woman sitting on the couch with a tray of food.

"Morning." Emma squeaks out, still embarrassed even though it's merely her wife who caught her naked.

"You fell asleep during your massage and I didn't want to bother to wake you up." Regina says, passing Emma her shirt. Emma shrugs it on with a "thank you" before looking back up at Regina. "And I made you breakfast." 

"I can smell it. You really didn't have to do that." Emma smiles sweetly.

"I wanted too, and I made two servings so that I could eat with you?" Regina says, but it sounds more like a question.

"Of course. I mean you planned out an evening I'm sure and I fell asleep very early in the night." Emma blushes. 

"It's really fine. You're tired, and providing for our baby." Regina says as she sets the tray on the floor between them.

"What's on the menu today chef?" Emma jokes, and Regina grins.

"Turkey bacon, half a toasted bagel with cream cheese, and sunny-side up eggs."

"Sounds absolutely delightful." 

"I'm hoping it will be."

The two of them eat and share small talk and then they can hear Henry come downstairs. They don't bother to tell him where they are because he can get ready on his own. After a while when they finish eating, Regina adjusts herself so Emma can lean against her. 

"How did you sleep?" Regina asks as she plays with Emma's hair. She's about to answer when Henry's voice comes from somewhere else in the house.

"Moms! I'm going now!" He yells, and they both yell "bye" back to him at the same time. The door slams closed a few seconds later and then the two women turn back to each other.

"I actually slept well, considering I slept on the floor." Emma laughs, and Regina joins in.

"That's good. You really needed that."

"I did. I've been such a grump." Emma sighs, and then turns herself around to look at Regina.

"You haven't been a grump." Regina says and Emma grins.

"Yes I have, but you won't admit it because you're still trying to make it up to me."

"Maybe." Regina winks, and they laugh once again.

"Well, we should both get ready for work. Graham really won't care if I roll in late but I still shouldn't do that to him." Emma says, and Regina stands up and then offers her hands to Emma.

"Oh fantastic. I'm getting to that point where I can't even stand by myself." Emma huffs as she takes both of Regina's hands and helps her to her feet. Emma groans, and then places a hand on her stomach.

"Are you okay?" Regina immediately asks, grabbing both of Emma's forearms.

"Yes, just a little tired still I guess." Emma shrugs, and then waits for Regina to let go of her and grab onto the food tray.

"I scheduled an ultrasound appointment for next week a little while ago."

"It's just a routine check-up Regina, nothing is wrong with me or the baby." Emma says as they begin to walk out of the room.

"I know, I know. Doesn't mean I'm not a worrywart." Regina says. She stops walking and places a sweet kiss on Emma's cheek. The blonde smiles at her wife.

"You go shower, and I'll be up in a few." Regina tells her, and Emma nods. Once Regina starts walking away Emma turns to the staircase and begins walking up the stairs, her hand on the rail.

"Why are there so many stairs in this house?" Emma groans as she reaches the top landing and walks to the bedroom. The bed is already made and the curtains are open to let in the light. It's a beautiful February day and Emma smiles at the pristine snow on their front lawn before going into the bathroom. She showers quickly and then gets dressed as Regina comes in to get ready herself. The house is quiet but neither of them mind as they finish getting ready and then leave the house.

"Do you want to drive together?" Regina asks as they getting their shoes on and Emma nods her head.

"Sure. Graham has the night shift tonight so I'll be done at five."

"Perfect. I'll pick you up then."

~~~

"Tink, can you join me in my office please?" Regina asks into the intercom and a few seconds later the young blonde glides into the room, closing the door behind her.

"What's up?" She asks as she sits down in one of the chairs placed in front of the desk.

"I want to take Emma out tonight for dinner. Can you make reservations at a nice restaurant?" Regina asks and Tink grins.

"Getting rolling on your plan I see."

"I've already sent her flowers, and last night I made a romantic dinner and then gave her a massage." Regina informs the girl. Tink whistles.

"Impressive. There aren't a lot of nice restaurants here though..." She trails off.

"I'm going to see about bringing a chain restaurant here if I'm reelected."

"When you're reelected. That piece of trash isn't going to get voted into office." Tink snarls.

"I appreciate your determination but there are people in this town who hate me. His damn smear campaign is actually working." She sneers, her face turning into an ugly frown.

"I can't believe people think you cheated on Emma. I mean obviously what happened wasn't okay but it wasn't your fault." Tink shakes her head in disgust and then her back straightens a bit. "Has Robin kept his distance?"

"Yes, fortunately. Some people think that since he's avoiding me that the rumors must be true though."

"That's ridiculous! We need to destroy his campaign Regina. Fight fire with fire." Tink bangs one fist on the desk and Regina raises an eyebrow at her assistant.

"Then we'll all get burnt." Regina shakes her head.

"Right now he's lighting fires everywhere he goes and you're trying to put them out. If you light a fire under his ass then I can play firefighter while you wreck what he's trying to do to you." Tink says, and Regina bites her lip.

"I don't know if that's a good idea dear."

"It is, and you know it. Plus, I'm a good detective."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Regina asks, narrowing her eyes in suspicion.

"You need dirt, I'll get it. I have people all over the place, including the nuns." Tink smirks satisfactorily.

"That makes me very nervous and also intrigued..." Regina trails off, rolling ideas around in her head.

"Come on Regina, please say yes. I've been wanting to do this for such a long time!" Tink begs, clasping her hands together.

"Okay fine." Regina sighs after a few moments of letting the girl dangle on a thread. Tink claps her hands together and giggles gleefully.

"He's going down." She declares as she stands up and practically prances towards the door.

"You watch too much T.V.!" Regina calls out to her assistant and the answer she receives is another high-pitched giggle.

~~~

Regina: Change of plans, I'm coming to pick you up now.

Emma: It's only 3:30 though? And what about Graham?

Regina: I've already cleared it with him, see you in five.

Emma: Spontaneous Regina is one of my favourite Reginas.

~~~

"So why are you here so early?"

"Dinner in a city that's about two hours away. I wanted to whisk you away for a romantic supper."

"Another one?"

"What can I say, I love  you. And this town is too crowded to have an uninterrupted supper." Regina says, driving across the town line. 

"I see. Well it's a great idea. And I love you too." Emma says, reaching across to grab Regina's hand. They hold hands for the drive and play car games until they roll into the city. 

"Tink booked us a reservation at one of the nicest restaurants here so once I find it, it should be a good meal." Regina says, looking around as she continues driving with one hand. 

"What's it called?"

"Boccacio." 

"I'll help you look." Emma says, and turns to look out her own window. After ten minutes of searching Emma points towards a rustic looking building. 

"Is that it?"

"Yes, thank you." Regina says, and then finds a parking spot. They walk in together and the hostess looks up from the waiting customers at her. 

"I'm sorry girls, we have a long waiting list." She shrugs before Regina can even open her mouth. 

"That's wonderful but I have a reservation for two for Regina Mills." Regina scowls, her eyebrow raising at the younger girl.

"Regina Mills? Oh my goodness I'm so sorry. Right this way." She gets out, her face lighting up with a crimson blush. Emma and Regina follow the girl to a table in a more reserved part of the restaurant. Large floor to ceiling windows three out of four walls and give a view of the street and part of the city, being on the second floor. They get a table right in the center of a window overlooking the entrance to the restaurant. The hostess lets them take their seats; Regina pulls out Emma's chair and helps her with coat and then retires to her chair.

"Here are your menus, I'll bring out the champagne, and then I will tell you the specials." The girl says, and then disappears.

"You pull out your name and people in a different towns jump to attention." Emma grins, getting settled into her chair.

"I'm an influential person. I demand respect." Regina says with a straight face. Emma giggles like a little girl.

"Yeah, okay." She snorts, making Regina's face crack into a smile. She quickly schools herself as the hostess comes back with the bottle of champagne. The girl pops the cork and then pours two glasses before rattling off a handful of specials and then running away.

"You've succeeded in terrifying her, nice job." Emma lifts her flute and taps it against Regina's as the brunette's full lips lift in a smirk. 

"Thank you dear." She says and then sees Emma's eyes dim when the blonde looks at her drink. "You can have the champagne. A little champagne is good for pregnant women."

"Really?" Emma asks, excitement lighting her voice. 

"Yes, really. I wouldn't risk the health of our child." Regina tells her. 

"Well cheers to you again!" Emma cheers, and they clink their glasses together one more time before taking a sip. 

"How is it?" Regina asks, setting her glass down. 

"Amazing. I really don't miss alcohol but champagne tastes so good." Emma takes another sip and smiles.

"I figured as much. Do you mind if I order for you? I went here once because of a business thing and loved it." Regina asks and then Emma shrugs.

"Sure, why not? I'm up for new stuff as long as it won't bother the baby." Emma says. 

"Excellent. I know your taste buds are very open to new flavours." Regina winks. Emma bursts out laughing, and it only takes Regina one moment to join in. 

"I love it when you make sexual innuendos." 

~~~

I decided they needed a bit of a reconnection. I hope you all liked the chapter :)

please vote, and drop a comment, I love reading them!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.4K 772 18
When Regina gets a new job that requires all of her attention, her marriage starts to take the hits. Emma tries her best, keeping it all together, bu...
67.7K 2.7K 28
Right when both Emma and Regina are about to give up on dating, guys and romance, they meet each other. *This is a SwanQueen fanfiction *I don't own...
67.4K 2.4K 24
This is the sequel to Forever Yours, so please make sure you read the first one before you start this story. The Swan-Mills family and friends come...
38.4K 1.8K 33
A sequel to the richest family in LA. If you haven't read then go read before this. Emma and Regina are happy together. It's now time for them to fa...