The Choice I Regret

Bởi shininggoldstar

Finn and Rachel are meant to be, but when Finn is married to someone else and Rachel is playing hard to get... Xem Thêm

Rachel's Life
Nice Try
Familiar Faces
Life Without You
Letting The Feelings Go
Good Luck Eventually Wears Off
Everything Used To Be Perfect
All You Need Is A Push
Dinner With A Twist
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Shopaholic
Pink Little Hearts
Sleep Tight
A Little Party Never kills Nobody
To Good To Be True
Trying Your Best
Starting Fresh
Just Friends?
Taking It Slow
My Hero
Nothing Lasts Forever
Busted
Misunderstanding
That's What Friends Are For
The Good and Bad News
Perfume
It Will Never Be The Same
Holding onto Secrets
The Plan
Out in the open
Smile
Waiting
To Find You
Midnight Train
Just Making Sure
If Only A Dream Was Reality
Trust Your Instincts
Wigs & Wine
Hello Gorgeous
Don't Let Go
Pretty/Unpretty
Team Work
Don't Do This Again!
Dance To You Drop
Friendship & Tears
Flowers & Jelly
What Next?
Chances
Going Down
New Me
Love Hurts
Everybody Hurts
Starting Over?
Miracles
Authors Note
Leap of Faith

The Choice I Regret

8.7K 96 8
Bởi shininggoldstar

 Finn's Pov

As I’m looking out to the New York skyline from my hotel room balcony, a single stream of sunlight catches my eye, and the rest of the sun radiates onto the tall, majestic buildings. I take a step back to observe the beauty of what is one of the biggest cities on earth. I’ve never felt so speechless. Yes, I have heard that if you wanted to become a star that this is the best place to come, or even if you just wanted a brand new start. It was an escape, a breath of fresh air. I breathe in and then breathe out once more, and I was instantly calm. I am here because I’m on my 2 year wedding anniversary with my wife Quinn.  She has always wanted to experience the New York atmosphere. I didn’t see what the big deal was, and then all of a sudden I find myself thinking back to a beautiful girl I once knew. With my head spinning and my mind going blank, I had a flashback of my Ex-girlfriend, Rachel.

(Flashback)

“Babe it’s just New York you don’t have to leave this year, it will always be there” Finn assured Rachel.

“FINN YOU KNOW HOW MUCH NEW YORK MEANS TO ME, IT’S MY LIFE AND I WAS BORN TO BE ON STAGE” Rachel yelled which made Finn scared but at the same time still confused.

“Why are you so obsessed with that place?” Finn fought the idea of saying this aloud, but keeping his words to himself, he stopped talking and just listened.

She breathed in and then let it go.

“Finn it’s not just about Broadway, it’s about the whole experience. The crazy traffic, Empire State Building, Central Park, the bright yellow cabs…….it the place I desire to be in.”

And then, at that moment Finn finally realized that it wasn’t just a place for Rachel, it was her destiny and he was going to be the one who got her there.

“Look Finn, you just don’t understand how it feels to be in New York. But hopefully soon you will and I’ll be there with you.”

(End of Flashback)

And now here I was in a luxurious New York hotel Room, my mind racing from what memory my brain had just retrieved. I was relaxing while Quinn took a shower, she normally takes about 40 minutes, so I knew I had some time to spare. I looked around the room and I saw that there was nothing for me to do. I reached into my pant pocket and took out my IPhone. I checked it and I see that I have 5 missed calls from my brother Kurt, I open them and I laugh at his constant nagging.

‘You have to go to Broadway’

‘And the Empire State Building’

‘Seriously I’m serious about the Broadway thing though.’

I deleted the last two messages because the topic of them wasn’t necessary at this moment of time…….Rachel. On the other hand it also made me think of her, her big heart and her radiant smile brought the happiest memories that my mind had hidden away back. It also made shivers go down my spine, and strangely made my heart race. She here in this city? was she on Broadway but more importantly, was she ok?

I hear the shower stop and then soon after the door opens and I turn in the direction of the bathroom, footsteps following.

“Finn baby what do you have planned for the day?” Quinn says with a grin.

“Hmm well nothing much I guess, just relaxing and then tomorrow we’ll hit the site seeing.” I had just planned the day right then and there, a spur of the moment decision. If it was my choice which I wouldn’t dare say because Quinn would turn into the incredible hulk. I would say sleep ……..eat……..and repeat.

“Well I was thinking we could see a Broadway show, Kurt hasn’t shut up about Broadway and I want to make him jealous and say that I have seen a show and he hasn’t, It will drive him crazy, so please?” She gave me her adorable smile that she knew would make me give in every time.

I feel the hotel room become smaller and I become warmer, and flustered. I’m certain my face was tomato red and judging by the look on Quinn’s face, she seemed worried but also annoyed that I had had that reaction to her Idea.

“I’m just going to go for a run, I feel really cramped up in this hotel room” I stutter.

“It’s our first day and you don’t want to spend it with me?” Quinn says with a hint of disappointment lingering in the silence that followed.

“No it’s not that, I’m just a really big guy and I feel like a giant in here.” I awkwardly laugh and break the tension, then I move to pick up my Nike running shoes from the corner of the room.

I figured if I leave now I’d avoid Quinn talking about her feelings and she’ll blame me for something I didn’t do, so I gave her a quick but reassuring kiss on her check and leave to run the streets of New York.

As I’m running and nearly out of breath, I run past all kind of awesome things. Empire state building to my right, Central Park to the front of me. Just to give me a little heart attack I nearly get hit by one of those damn yellow cabs. But the one place that really hits home is Broadway, People wouldn’t think that a guy like me would actually listen to Broadway classics but ever since Rachel came into my life you kind of get used to listening to them. I stopped at the entrance to what I would guess was the theatre where the Broadway musicals are performed. Before Rachel came to mind again, I began running again and the people walking seemed to be moving faster than me and I was running, well trying to run. Everyone keeps bumping into me, I guess people really do move fast in New York. I decide to move away from the rude New Yorkers and follow this path that took me to what looked like a stadium, I tried to control myself but I couldn’t before I knew it I was walking on the field and it felt like I was home, like I belonged. I haven’t played football since high school, and my best friend Puck and I were only popular because we were apparently the best players in the team. I smile at that memory, but soon got interrupted by a tap on the shoulder, I turn around to see a man with grey hair and he wasn’t short but wasn’t tall, he was holding a flaming red football in his hand I’m guessing he was a coach. He was smirking at me but it soon faded when he finally spoke.

“You don’t know who I am do?” the strange old man spoke, but it was merely a whisper.

“Uh, No I’m sorry, who are you?” I asked kind of scared was he like a stalker or maybe even worse maybe he was like ‘A’ From Pretty little Liars, but then again I didn’t get any emails texts or notes, so I guess the coast was clear.

“My Name is Brad Anderson and you sir are Finn Hudson.” He replied with a smile plastered across his face.

“How do you know who I am?” I asked him and at this moment I was so confused I couldn’t think straight.

“You don’t recognise my last name? Your brother Kurt is dating my son Blaine” he said almost surprised that I didn’t recognize his name.

“Of course I know Blaine, but that doesn’t explain how you know me” was this guy messing with my head?

“In your senior year the grand final Blaine was begging me to come watch and I’m a big fan of football and I saw you play, you were, well you were incredible!” Brad exclaimed.

“Thank you.” I couldn’t speak I was so surprised Kurt never told him Brad was coming, normally he wouldn’t have shut up about it.

“Have you got a job? If not I want you to train with me and my team, what do you say?”

“Um I’ve taken over my step dad’s business, but it’s not really my thing, can I think about?” I asked.

“Of course.” We exchange numbers.

“I better get going, I got to go tell the team they might have another New York Giant” he laughed.

“Wait...what?” I asked almost shocked at what I hope I just heard.

“I coach the New York Giants.”

I couldn’t find my words. I swallowed hard and watched as brad made his way towards the club rooms. When I was little, I always dreamed of being a part of that team. I watched all of their games and now I’m really shocked at the fact that Kurt didn’t say anything about it.

I have to go tell Quinn. I start to walk, and then I feel my iPhone vibrate in my pocket. I take it out and see I have one new text, and it’s from Brad.

‘I forgot to ask, are you still dating the cute little brunette with that killer voice?’ I sighed deeply, looked up at the star lit sky above me in desperation and stopped still. With my mind racing, I find my breath again, pick up my pace and continue walking.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

26.6K 986 27
It's been a year since Finn Hudson and Rachel Berry got engaged and now they are starting their life as a married couple. But when big changes come a...
41.1K 1.6K 34
After her father abondons her and her mother Rachel Berry must try to move on . With the help of her best friend Finn and her glee friend she might j...
44K 1.4K 32
First book out of three. Rachel meets Jesse. Jesse does something WAY out of hand. Is it a nightmare or real life? What happens when Rachel and Finn...
18.4K 511 100
A story where a girl name Rachel Berry is stuck between her previous love with Finn Hudson and the new guy, Noah Puckerman. When Rachel shows the wor...