Last Hope [VERSION I]

By _lavendertee

**Ranked #510 in Fantasy** **First Draft** **Discontinued** Go to V.2 once it comes out if you wish! ⇻⇻⇻... More

author note
preface
|00| part one
|01|
|02|
|03|
|04|
|05|
|06|
|07|
|08|
|09|
|10|
|11|
|12|
|13|
|14|
|15|
|16|
|17|
|18|
|19|
|20|
|21|
|22|
|23|
|24|
|25|
|26|
|27|
|28|
|29|
|30|
|31|
|33|
|34|
|35| part two
|36|
|37|
|38|

|32|

50 6 4
By _lavendertee

So I just found out the limit is 100 chapters.

And I plan for two parts in this book so I won't have to make two separate books.

And I want each part to be pretty long.

Yikes.

I'm going to try making the chapters longer, so updates may be slower. My apologies to anyone who actually enjoys reading this.

"So whenever you feel alone, just remember that those kings will always be there to guide you. And so will I."

||Noah||

"Help! Someone! Anyone! Please!" I shouted at the top of my lungs and coughed. Hopefully there was someone around here! In all my time around these parts I've never seen anyone, with the acceptation of Lotus and that one blonde knight man! If I was lucky, maybe I'd run into someone.

I rubbed my eyes as tears started slowly descending down my cheek. I licked a salty tear from the corner of my mouth and kept shouting for help; but to no avail. I wheezed and knelt on the grassy ground. Ouchy!

A female voice shouted from afar. "Hello? Whose out there?"

A smile spread across my face. Maybe it's Lotus! I could tell her about my adventures through the village and the forest, and ask her how she escaped the evil men!

I ran towards the female voice. My legs nearly collapsed as I ran towards the voice, but I kept running anyway. I can't wait to see Lotus again! The separation was unbearable.

"Lotus! Lotus! Lotus!" I waved my hands up in the air, preparing for a jump hug.

Emerging from beyond the dark forest was a female figure---much shorter, brown hair whisking around in the wind. Pretty and familiar red eyes emanated from the darkness of the night, an eye color Lotus didn't possess. "Hello?" The female voice asked once again. I felt tears trickling down my cheeks once more.

The girl came closer and closer to me. Her face was soft and kind looking, but Lotus always told me not to talk to strangers. I would keep my mouth shut!

Her expression turned more worried as she noticed who I was "Hello? Whats wrong are you---Oh my gosh."

It hit me! I knew who she was!

"Noah...? Is that you?" She kneeled in front of me, our eyes meeting. "Noah from the library?" She asked. I remember exactly who she was! She was the lady that worked at the library, Ruby! I got my book from her! 

I held the fairy tale book in front of my face and nodded. Her smile became wider. "What are you doing out here?"

"I was running from a bad man!"

Ruby's eyes widened. "A bad man?"

I nodded. Her mouth formed into an O as she gasped. "Who was it?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Knights in shining armor! But not good ones from the books you give me!" I scrunched up my nose. "These are bad ones."

Ruby's head looked back into the dark distance, then back at me, then back and forth and back and forth. She muttered a word under her breath, but I couldn't make out what it was. "Ace!" She then yelled in a nervous tone, much unlike her normal happy high pitched voice. "Ace!!!" Ruby then grabbed my small empty hand tightly and lunged foreword, dashing towards the dark and spooky forest. "Come on, we have to go."

"B-but what about Lotus?" I stuttered as she dragged me along with her into the dark forest, but she didn't hear me as she continued moving foreword. Twigs and branches whacked our faces as we bolted through the forest. I wish Lotus was here!

"Ace!" Ruby gasped for air as we stopped at what seemed to be a small hut. A small fire surrounded by people was off to the side of it, tall men and a woman with black hair turned around at Ruby and I. One of the tallest, one with vibrant gold eyes and light brown hair rushed towards us.

"Ruby! Where the hell did you go? Are you all right??" His gold eyes averted, looking at me. "Who is this?"

Ruby took a moment to catcher her breath. "Noah,-" She breathed. "-he visited the library a few times. I found him in the-" she put her hand to her stomach. "-forest. There's soldiers coming our way!"

Ace's face turned completely white. "What? Where? Did they see you?"

Oh no! They had it all wrong!

"No! They aren't in the forest!" I waved my free hand in the air and dropped the fairy tale book on the ground. Ruby and Ace stared at me in confusion. "What? I thought you said--"

"They were way back in the village square. They almost got me, but they got..." I sniffled. "my friend."

"Wait a second." Another voice from the fire said. A male voice this time. He walked over, tossing a tuft of blonde hair to the side of his face. "I know you." 

And I knew him too. He looked so familiar!

"Lotus's buddy, correct?"

I froze. This was the knight Lotus had talked to once! The one who she told me she absolutely despised. He seemed so nice though!

"Yeah..." I crossed my arms and huffed. "She doesn't like you though."

He kneeled in front of me, his gray eyes meeting mine. "Where is she?"

"Andreas---" Ruby reached out her hand, but Ace lightly pushed it back and continued watching. 

"I don't know." 

Andreas sighed and looked up at his two companions. "I should go looking for her. Where did you last see her?"

"The library."

"The library??" Ace and Ruby said in unison.

I could nearly feel the tears again. "Yes, the library."

Andreas stood up. The angry expression on his face was made well clear. "I need to go look for her. Noah, stay here with them, I'll go look for---"

"No, Andreas." Ace interrupted. "You're staying here. It's likely that the only people who would take her would be knights, people you used to work with. And you're not exactly on their good side right now. I think it's best that we stay here with us and train."

He drew in a breath. "I don't think you understand that knowing she's ok would put my mind at ease."

The tallest of all of them, the muscular man with dark hair, arcane purple eyes, and olive skin stepped in. "I agree with Ace, Andreas. We can't afford to lose someone else. And besides, you've seen her like what, twice?" His gruff voice sent shivers down my spine!

"But...Lotus..." I sniffed again, trying to hold back the tears.

Andreas turned back to me, remorse in his gaze. "Hey, buddy." He said and forced a smile. "It's going to be ok. She's going to be ok."

Lotus was a strong girl, I've known her since I was a baby. I know she'd get away unharmed somehow. But I couldn't convince the nervous feeling in my stomach otherwise.

||Thana||

A sliver of the morning sun caught my attention the next morning. I placed my right hand back on the mattress of hay and rubbed my groggy eyes. If I didn't get up soon, my eyelids would glue themselves shut and I'd be back to sleep in no time. 

My arms stretched backwards and I yawned as quietly as I could, not to wake up the people fast asleep next to me. To my right lay the little boy from last night, Noah, cuddling with his fairy tale book. To my left lay Ruby, lightly snoring face down into the hay. I stifled back a laugh as I stood up on my feet and left the small room.

Sitting at the makeshift table sat Ace, Andreas, Xavier, Joel, and Luke, stuffing their faces's with last night's kill. Their wasn't much food around the forest besides the animals that roamed around. There was no doubt in my mind we needed to start growing crops---I don't think I could stomach dead animal three times a day.

"Good morning guys." I smiled and leaned up against a wall near the table. 

"Hungry?" Ace asked, pointing to the dead animal that lay on the table. I nearly barfed. "No, I'm good. Not to hungry anyway."

Ace shrugged. "Suit yourself. You'll need a lot of energy today, it's the first day of training."

Oh jeez. Training

"I think I'll be ok." I said, my attention fading away from the conversation they were having to the small window. Sunlight burst through the window, filling the room with light. It made me wonder... what had been mother and Myra been doing right now? Are they more concerned about my well being then angered?

I highly doubt that, though. I don't remember the last time they showed concern for me.

I wonder what Owen was doing right now. Not that I cared about him anyway. A girl can wonder what her fiancé was doing right now, though.

It wasn't likely that he'd be someone we would assassinate, being that would only anger the kingdom of Aldema and instead of ending the war with Erwyn, it would only trigger another one with Aldema. I had to break the engagement for sure. There was no way I would ever marry him. 

Ever.

A slam on the table startled me. I jumped slightly, my attention now focusing on the men sitting at the table. Ace stood up, his golden eyes flickering with thrill. "Wake up the others, time to start the training!"

I feel like I'm progressing a little to slowly here. Maybe it's because my chapters aren't as long as they should be, idk, I just need some feedback.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26 5 7
There are five kingdoms on the planet called "Earth", wherein the people have their own elemental power; it is either fire, water, earth, ice, wind...
6.2K 142 36
A spoiled elvish princess in love with a lowly soldier. Unfortunately (well, fortunately. But don't tell her that) she will come to realize her life...
861 8 107
{{CURRENTLY UNDERGOING EDITING}} A kingdom across the sea, a man in pain clawing at a hated king who bears two shadows who protect him. A child, born...
2.8K 582 113
Students come from around the world to attend four specialized and prestigious schools - The Kings' Alliance Royal Academies. They are the future of...