Why Me? || p.jm

By JiminiePop

•• A 17 year old girl named Kim Eunji has moved in the past due to her dad's company. She is constantly movin... More

Chapter 1: The Beginning of it all
Chapter 2: Him
Chapter 3: Worrying
Chapter 4: Scared
Chapter 5: Sad
Chapter 6: What's Happening!?
Chapter 7: Jimin's POV
Chapter 8: Confused
Chapter 9: Bad Feeling
Chapter 10: New Friend
Chapter 11: Eunji?!
Chapter 12: Thank You
Chapter 13: I Can't
Chapter 14: We're Over.
Chapter 15: Really.
Chapter 16: Speechless
Chapter 17: I Don't Care.
Chapter 18: Friends
Chapter 19: Happy
Chapter 20: Sad Day
Chapter 21: Living where?!
Tagged
Chapter 22: I'm Glad
Last Three Tag
Chapter 23: Officially Together
Chapter 24: My Turn
!!! MUST READ !!!
Chapter 26: Settled
Chapter 27: Beginning Of A New Friendship
Chapter 28: Easier Than Expected
Chapter 29: Payback
Chapter 30: Sohyun's Afternoon
Chapter 31: Not Getting Better
Chapter 32: A Really Bad Idea
Chapter 33: Change Of Mind
Chapter 34: Two Messages And One True Friend
Tagged (๑•̀ㅂ•́)و✧
Chapter 35: The Process
Chapter 36: The Party

Chapter 25: I Won't

2.3K 74 44
By JiminiePop

(Jimin's POV)

     "But it could easily have been murder." Dr.Lee said making her lips into a thin line. 'Ah shit.'  I cringed at her words. I looked over at Eunji knowing it would hit her hard.  "Eunji." I said squeezing her hand.

"...I gotta go." Eunji said pulling away from my hand and quickly leaving. "Wait, Eunji!" I called after her. 'Damn it! This is my fault. She'll hate me forever now.'

"Thank you." I said to Dr.Lee and then quickly chased after Eunji.

I ran out and saw Eunji walk down the stairs. 'Where is she going?'  "Eunji!" She ignored me. I followed her all the way outside where she was heading straight towards a bus stop down the street.

"Eunji, wait!" I was getting angry. I caught up to her and wrapped my fingers around her arm and turned her around. "Leave me alone!" She shook me off and kept walking. "Would you stop and listen to me?! Where are you even going?!" I yelled to her causing people walking by to give us looks of concern, but then look away when they realized it was nothing unusual happening infront of the hospital.

I groaned and ran up to her and turned her around again. "Look, I know you're mad-"

"I'm not mad," Eunji said clearly angry. "What? Then why did you storm off and ignore me?" I asked confused. She sighed and rubbed her forehead. She was clearly angry as I know what she looks like when she is about to explode and that was now. "...I'm sorry. This shouldn't have happened to you or your mother. Eunji, I'm truly sorry." I said quietly and meaning it.

I wrapped my arms around her and layed my chin on her head. I closed my eyes as a tear fell. 'I swear I've cried more in the last couple days than I've ever cried before in my whole 17 years of living. All of this is just crazy. So many cloudy feelings and thoughts along with all the chaotic situations. Although it's probably ten times crazier for Eunji.'

Eunji's anger turned into sadness as she was leaning into my chest crying at this point. "It's...it's just not fair. I don't know what me or my mom could have possibly done...to..to deserve this." She sobbed.

I rubbed her back.

"Shh, just let it out. It'll be okay." I cooed. She instantly pushed me away from her. "No! It's not okay! It never was!" She yelled and wiped a tear. I was shocked by her sudden change of tone, but it was to be expected.

"Jimin, she killed her! She killed my mom! How can that possibly be okay!" She yelled. "You don't know that. Dr.Lee said it could have just been an accident." I countered. "An accident?! You and I both know that is wasn't. Sohyun made that nice and clear. UGH! I can't even say her name anymore without wanting to throw up!"

I've seen Eunji mad. But this is way worse. She is way beyond just mad. She is enraged. Basically fuming with anger.

She pointed a finger at me, "Jimin, I am getting revenge no matter what! And that's that!" She said sharply, "And I'm doing this by myself. I don't care what you think or feel about it." She gave me an unnecessary cold shoulder and began to walk off again. I grabbed her hand and fiercely pulled her back. "No!" I yelled.

She looked at me. "I'm not letting you leave me again. I don't care what you think or feel about it. I am staying by you side whether you like it or not." I said.

She stared into my eyes for a moment and then nodded with confidence, held my hand tighter and started dragging me down the street. I was expecting her to argue back but she didn't.

We made it to the bus stop and were waiting for a bus when I actually thought about it. "...Um..but how are y-"

"Don't. It's settled. I know exactly what I'm doing. Besides, you demanded that you stay by my side, so I'm bringing you along. Unless, there's a problem..?" She looked back at me with an eyebrow raised and a smirk on her face.

"Oh, uh no there's not. No problem here. I was...I was just going to ask how are you...going..to..get to.. Where ever you...plan to go...?" I said like the language became foreign to me and I had no idea what I was even asking. But it was because I didn't.

A small smile appeared on her face and I saw her beautiful brown eyes turn into half cresents. "Jimin...you sure are somethin'."

I smiled sheepishly. Inside I felt happy because I was able to make her smile again. It made me feel accomplished.

(Taehyung's POV)

    I was at my grandmother's house outside helping her pull out weeds from her small garden that her and my grandfather worked so hard on, but since he's passed I've taken his spot and together me and my grandmother have grown some beautiful flowers.

It was half and hour cleaning up around the flowers when grandma stops me, "Taehyung ah, I got it from here. You go and take a break." She said nudging me out of the way as I was pulling out another weed.

I gave her a look of concern. "But grandma, you shouldn't be doing this alone. You're going to hurt your back from bending down so long. Let me help you finish this up, then we can both take a break." I suggested.

 "Just because I'm getting old doesn't mean you need to worry about me. I may look old and brittle, but believe it or not, my bones are just as healthy and strong as yours." She said confidently and pulled out a weed.

I hesitantly took off my gloves and went inside. I grabbed a cup of water and leaned up against the counter as I took a drink.

'I've been trying to give myself things to do and find things to keep my mind occupied. But now that I'm not doing anything, all I can think about is them. He literally came out of no where! And then he snatched her up and disappeared! I don't know why, but he some how looked familiar like i've seen him before.'

I chugged the rest of the water and decided to tidy up the house a bit while grandma was finishing up. That way when she comes inside, she'll have a nice clean house to relax in.

I started by grabbing a disinfectant spray and a rag and began carefully wiping everything down. As you get older, you start to become prone to getting sick and catching the flu, but I know grandma would argue that she is strong and healthy and that she won't get sick.

After I finished wiping, I pulled out Soonshim's food bowl and watched her eat her food happily, then I swept the kitchen and the living room. Grandma always told me to start from top to bottom; wiping the tables and counters and then sweeping up whatever fell on the floor.

Grandma came in right as I put away the broom. She took off her dirty gloves and moved a strand of hair out of face and noticed the cleanness of everything. "Wahh! Taehyung ah, what did you do? My house looks amazing!" I gave a proud smile.

She turned to me, "What happened to my Taehyung and why?" She said as she put her hand on my forehead as if I had a fever, "My Taehyung would never clean for me. I remember he used to cry when I told him to make his bed!" She smiled and pinched my cheek.

I giggled.

She walked over to the sink and began washing her hands. "I wanted to make sure the house was nice and clean when you came in, so you could relax and not worry about cleaning it later." I said to her.

She dried her hands, "There you go worrying about me again."

I smiled and nodded with my eyebrows raised, "I have to. Grandpa isn't here to do it, so I must, for him."

She rolled her eyes, "Men. Always feel that they must protect someone at all times." When she said that it made me think of Eunji.

Then him.

'I guess I can't look out for her. He's already doing that. She's already being protected by someone, and it's not me.'

I sighed.

'What do I do now? I keep wanting to avoid her and pretend that she doesn't exist, but I can't. If I'm not worrying about grandma, then I'm worrying about Eunji. I hate this. I've never been this down before.'

"What's with the long face all of a sudden?" Grandma asked. I jumped and looked from the ground to her eyes. "Is it Eunji?" She asked. My heart immediately sunk down into my stomach. Atleast that's what it felt like.

I didn't know if I should nod and say yes or shake my head and say no. But I know if I did say no, she'd know and wouldn't let it he until I told her.

"...yeah." I muttered and pulled out the chair to the dining table and plopped down in it. She came over and sat down in the chair across from me. "What happened?" I shrugged, "I don't know. Nothing happened. It's just...I really like her, and...I found out...that she already has someone." I couldn't look her in the eyes.

"...I guess that does become problem now doesn't it."

We were both quiet as she was thinking of what to say, and me sulking in my chair. "When did you find this out?" She asked filling in the silence. "I found out yesterday. When I took her back to the hospital, she went in to greet her mom before me, then I heard a scream. I walked in there and saw nurses everywhere. I saw one checking the heart monitor, nurses sticking in needles, and some were writing things down on their clipboard. It was crazy!"

I had my grandma's full attention.

"Eunji...she lost it. The nurses kept on yelling to get her out of the room, and two guys came and tried carrying her out. And I was gonna go stop them and help her but..."

I sighed and Soonshim came out of nowhere and started licking my hand. Grandma got up and silently shooed her away. Soonshim's tail stopped wagging and tucked down between her legs and she waddled away with her head down. Grandma then sat back down and looked back at me.

"...Some random guy came and took her from me. He yelled that he was her boyfriend nice and loud so everyone could hear it like it mattered." I huffed and rolled my eyes as I slumped further down into my seat.

I didn't really want to talk about it since it sucked enough that I kept subconsciously replaying what happened in my head. But at the same time, I was glad I was getting it all out.

"Well hun, all this sounds like to me is the beginning of a love triangle. A tough one too. But then again, all of them are tough. It just depends on whose going to give up and let the other one win." She crossed her arms leaning back, but popped back up in her chair and corrected herself, "Wait no, don't play like it's a game."

"Love is not a game," She said slowly. "But a way to express your feelings toward someone."

"Grandma?" I asked moving on from what she was saying. "Hm?" She responded. "I-I don't know what to do. I've just been trying to keep myself busy, so I wouldn't have to fight the urge to go see her. But then would it even be okay to see her? What if her boyfriend is with her? What if she's forgotten about me? What if-"

"Taehyung, calm down." She put her hand on my shoulder. I stopped and took a deap breath. "She didn't forget you. How could she? And it would be just fine if you saw her if her boyfriend was there or not because you're her amazing friend who was there for her when she needed someone, remember? Stop with the 'What if's and get your act together!" She startled me with her sudden loudness.

'My grandma's right. It's okay if I see her because I was there when no one else was. I was there when her dumb boyfriend wasn't. How could she forget me when I was the one that made her happy. I do need to get my act together. I can do this!'

I smiled at my grandma, "Thank you. I'm so glad I have you to help me clear up my cloudy thoughts. You're truly the best." I said and pulled her in for a hug. "Oh! You're welcome. Of course I would help my Taehyung when he's sad. Don't ever forget that I'm the only one that can!" I pulled away, "I won't." I said with a smile.

It was a moment before grandma then shooed me out of the house, "Now go! What are you still doing here?! Go get her tiger!" She yelled as she pushed me out the door.

I walked down the old creaky steps and looked back at her. She smiled brightly as she stood half way in her house and half way out. Her smile was contagious and soon I felt a smile appeared on my face as well.

'I can do this!'

(Mijin's POV)

   I woke up from my nap to the delicious smell of dinner. I smiled as the bright rays of the sun warmed me. I rose from my bed and stretched. I had to yawn first, then I walked to the kitchen to greet my aunt.

After what happened with my mom, I decided to live with my aunt for a while. I just couldn't deal with my mom anymore. It was too much for me to tolerate.

My aunt felt bad because of what happened with my dad, so she said I was welcome to stay as long as I wanted. She's always hated my mom because she doesn't like how strict and controlling my mom is, and even asked me if I wanted to just live with her instead of going back to my mom.

I actually considered it, but I don't really think I should. It would just cause more problems later and I don't want to bring my aunt into it.

"Good evening." I said and sat down at the dinning table, "That smells delicious!" She smiled, "Oh thank you sweetie. It should be ready in a little bit. Why don't you go wash up and get ready. It should be ready by then."

I nodded and went to take a shower and change into pajamas. When I walked out of my room to the kitchen, my aunt was placing the plates down for us when she saw me. "Oh, I was just about to get you." She said. "That was perfect timing!" I said and sat down in my seat and she did the same. "I told you!" She smiled.

As soon as we started eating, my phone rang. My aunt gave me a passive aggressive look, "But that wasn't perfect timing." She said. I gave a sheepish smile and shrugged. "I'm sorry. It'll be quick." I said and got up from my seat and sprinted to my room.

"Yoboseyo?"

"Mijin, it's me Jungsook." His voice was casual yet concerned.

"Jungsook? What's wrong? Why are you calling?" I asked confused since he never communicated this much with me before.

"I should be asking you that! Well, not the 'why are you calling me part'," He was quiet for a moment as if he was thinking. I was starting to become impatient and I knew my aunt was too.

"Um, you don't seem like yourself anymore. Hyemi and Yuri told me that they saw you crying Friday morning. What happened?"

I stayed silent.

"Nevermind. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. I'm just worried, Mijin. All of us are." I could hear him choking up on his words. I still didn't say anything.

'That was exactly what I didn't want to happen. I didn't want them to know about my problems because they would worry about me and feel sad because of me. I didn't want that....but it happened even without them knowing what was wrong.'

I sighed and I felt myself wanting to cry.

Jungsook didn't say anything either. We both listened to the silence, then a disappointing sigh that came from him. I could hear slight whispers of different voices from the phone. They probably were all there with him. "Is she talking?" A voice whispered. That sigh he gave was probably his response to that along with him shaking his head.

"Jungsook." I tried to say without it sounding like I was about to cry. I was wanting to end the call and go curl up in a ball in the corner of my room and cry.

"Yes?" He said a bit irritated.

"...I'm sorry, but I have to go. I'll talk to you later. Bye Ju-"

"We want our happy Mijin back." He said quickly wanting to get his point across. I pressed end and closed my eyes as a tear rolled down my cheek.

I quickly wiped it.

'As much as I'd love to cry in a tiny, sad little ball right now, I won't. As much as I'd love to run away from everything and everyone right now, I won't. As much as I'd love to not care anymore and just give up, I won't.'

"Even thought it'll be hard, really hard, I'll try and accept what has happened with my Mom and Dad, and I'll try and smile for real from now on, and I'll try and get myself together and talk to my friends." I turned around and went to look at myself in my mirror.

I took a deap breath.

"I'm not going to let what happened with my Dad change me into someone I don't want to be. He wouldn't want me to. He would want me to smile about the good times I had with him and Mom and remember how we were once all a great, happy family. He wouldn't want me to be sad and run away from home, and if I did, he would want me to go back home and make everything right again."

I smiled.

"And that's what I'm going to do."

.

.

.

.

.

__________________________________

   While making this chapter I realized that most of it was in Taehyung's POV and I don't mind that, but then again it's a JIMIN fanfic. 😅 I don't know. Sorry my Jimin fans.🙇 I promise I will give him more parts in the next chapter. 👧

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please vote and comment! 😊

사랑해요 💕 

-JiminiePop

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.8K 1K 38
Living life in the idol world can be hard sometimes. Always feeling like you have to be picture perfect and happy no matter what the hell is happenin...
111K 5K 29
Park Jimin and Jeon Jungkook are on different paths in life. Though they have gone to the same university for a while they've never met. That is unti...
199K 4.2K 32
My name is Y/N, I'm 17 years old and my family is a fucking ass to me. One day I got tired of it, I was so sweet, so nice, and so innocent but they c...
155 19 10
Mi-Sun a shy but sweet girl who's always been jealous of her brother Jimin because her parents favor him over her and because of that she hated her l...