His Appointed Wife

By fathy_writes

"What if the right person is also your Mr. So Wrong?" *** Her lips touched and teased and coaxed him and he f... More

Prologue : Ups and downs
1. Strange men and stranger proposals
2. Psychos, deals and wives
3. Kisses, motels and adventures
A little bit of him and her
4. Friends, Rivals and Faking its
5. Mansions, hot guys and almost kisses
6. Sticky notes, breakfasts and New friends
7. Cookies, contracts and first fights
8. Lonely nights, ugly tables and job offers
10. Twin troubles, families and fun times
11. First jobs, meetings and real identities
12. Crushes, dreams and first loves
13. Childbearing hips, turn ons and stupid guys
His and her business cards.
14. Possessive jerks, mouthwashes and teases
15. Envies, Charity Galas and fictions
His and Her Wedding Ideas
16. Paybacks, save the dates and plans
17. Friends? Lovers? Friends with benefits?
18. Rings, promises and meetings
19. Mothers, OSLs and Hot girls
20. Fake weddings and very real kisses
21. Wet dreams and very real Realities
22. The morning afters and the surprises
23. Good songs and bad, bad shocks
24. Old Girlfriends and new wounds
25. Confrontations, promises and healings
26. Tulips, burnt candles and romance
27. Memories, gifts and coming endings
28. Mistakes, feuds and wrong kisses
29. Incriminating photos and confessions
30. Rejections and heart breaks
31. Goodbyes, and new beginnings
32. Confusing notes and confusing behaviors
33. Heart to hearts, denials and heartaches
34. Plans, plots and failures
35. You, me and everyone else
36. Friends in need and the exes you don't need
37. Almost ex-wives and very ex-mothers
38. How to heal the broken hearts
39. How to break the healed hearts
40. Ex husbands, sex services and slumber parties
41. Love, loving lies and appointment orders
42. Dates, memories and second chances
43. A kiss goodnight
Note From Fathy
44. Home is where you are
Epilogue: Downs and ups
Fathy Light's Bookish Angels

9. Lips, cold showers and rock stars

221K 5.6K 439
By fathy_writes

I kiss you and it is not just a kiss. It is like nothing I have ever experienced in all of my 27 years. Maybe it is really special, because it is you. - Logan.
~

~~

9. Lips, Cold showers and rock stars

(Logan)

She was kissing him. Kissing him.

She is kissing me.

Got the drift the first time around. You Catch up, already. Don't stand there like a rock.kiss her back. Dammit.

God. God. God. He was blown away. Bits and pieces of him, hung in the air, around them. She smelled of heaven and Earth. Of morning sunshine and thunderstorm.

The kiss. Remember that?

What was he doing waxing poetry of her when she was kissing him?

This kiss was everything he had hoped it would be and still amazingly more. So much more. His imagination was all grayscale in comparison to the technicolor reality.

Her lips touched and teased and coaxed him and he felt her touch in every cell and every bone. Soft and supple, her body was around him. Everywhere. She was everywhere. He was hungry for more, but he couldn't break this sweetness. This gentleness. So he let her kiss in her own pace.

But slowly, slowly, her kiss was breaking him. His cool.

Shy and timid, she kissed like herself. All so innocent, but incredibly passionate. The kiss was gentle, yet also fire.

And he couldn't help anymore. He wanted more.

He pushed her back gently and her back hit the wall and he pressed himself to her amazing body. It felt so good, so good to finally have her in his arms. The back of his mind, the sensible part, it was warning him to back off now, before it was too late, but he couldn't. Just couldn't.

One time. This one time.

He wasn't made of sterner stuff to refuse her when she was in his arms, willingly. And he needed this.

I need this to stop obsessing over her lips. It was sad as an excuse, of course, he knew.

Her lips were like liquid honey, flowing through his bones. Leaving trails of fire in his blood. She moaned when he licked her lips and then she opened it for him and breathed him inside. Her tongue hesitantly touched him and then it grew bolder, teasing, nipping, sucking. Killing.

Ah. He thought. Can I really stay away after this?

Her fingers were tangled in his hair and his hands were trying its best to do everything at once. Touching. Stroking. Grabbing. Feeling. Oh God, he was going to explode soon if she continued with this, but he couldn't stop her.

God. It was like a sensory overload. She filled his senses, mind, heart, body. He couldn't think properly or breathe. But oxygen seemed like a secondary concern when she was there with him, finally, finally kissing him.

Her lips were warm and sweet on him. He hardened and groaned. The pain was too much. If she continued this, he was going to lose it right then and there. Like a school boy.

He pulled her flush against his body, and trailed kisses down her jaws and then suckled on her neck as his hands caressed her cheeks and shit!

It was totally a wrong move, because she jerked away away from him and she looked at him like a deer caught in the headlights. She was breathing hard and her whole body was a tinge of pink. She looked bedraggled and sexy, flushed and ravaged. She looked scrumptious. He wanted another bite of that.

"That- th-at is not what I intended." Her voice was a breathy whisper. She stared at his lips with eyes wide with puzzle as if it was an alien. As if she hadn't just memorized every print on his lips, every slope and every curve.

Oh, but he knew her lips in amazing details. Every curve and line. The way the Cupid bow dipped down in the top lip, the way it tasted slightly of Alex and slightly of strawberries. The way they move, slow and fast, all at once.

He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. Words... Yeah, he had to answer her, but his brain was too muddled to form a response.

When it formed one, though, it was not the right one. But it was what he needed to hear. What they both needed to hear.

"It is just a kiss, Alex, don't sweat it. You were happy. I was available. We celebrated. No need overthink it, okay?"

"Yes. Yes." She sounded so eager, as if she was grateful for finding a way out. It stung. It made him angry that his response was accepted with such an eager sweetness.

Was he that impossible to like as she had said?

"Don't sound too eager." He grunted as he tried to bring his breathing back to normal. His heart was still rattling.

"I..." She looked down and her eyes widened. He saw where she was looking at and his cheeks flushed as he took a step back.

"What? You never saw someone so aroused?" He bit the words out as he turned away from her. "It happens."

She didn't say anything. Instead she turned into a shade of mind boggling red. Redder than before. And cleared her throat.

Then she said something he would have never dreamed in all his wildest dream.

"Looks like your thing is overthinking it."

She looked guileless, but he saw that glint in her eyes. Innocent my ass.

He would bet his right lungs that she was making fun of him.

He choked on his own spit and almost ran away. And he thought he could hear her taunting chuckle following him and it put a smile on his face.

She always did things he least expected.

The woman was going to be the death of him.

***

(Alexandra)

She kissed him. She kissed Logan Forte. God. God. And it was every one of her dreams and nightmares. Mixed together.

And she didn't regret it, but she had to stop let it matter too much. So when he gave an easy way out, she was too eager to welcome it, but then he looked angry.

Why was he angry, then?

She tried to avoid his eyes and inadvertently stumbled across something else.

The front of his pants...

Whoa! That is kinda scary and arousing.

She thought and wondered when she had turn into this, this hormone loaded, lustful and dirty person.

It wasn't her.

She had dated three guys in all of her 23 years and she had gone as far as kissing, but nothing ever made her lose control.

After all, she was still a virgin and that had to mean something.

But with him, she wanted to do everything she had never wanted to do with anyone.

She looked away when he caught her looking. Shit.

"What? You never saw someone so aroused?" He sounded agitated. "It happens." And aroused.

It was clear.

She had this urge to do something to shake his cool. He was always cool and collected. Perfectly in control of what he did, of who he was and she yearned to do something to twist it. To twist him. She wanted him to feel uncool, like she had felt with him.

A mischievous smirk replaced her lips as she pointed at him.

"Looks like your thing is overthinking it."

And he turned pink. He did. He looked at her or more like gaped at her, and he looked properly shaken. Not Mr. Cool anymore. Ha! 

He looked as awkward as a nerdy teen with braces, having his first kiss.

Oh, I did that to him. It was almost gloating, but she couldn't help it.

She watched with amusement as he rushed past her as if she had a contagious disease or something.

Her whole body tingled as she stood there, eyes knowing in the realization that she did that to him. It was an exhilarating feeling. To make someone feel all that. Feel everything.

She felt that, too.

She walked -- floated-- to her room in a haze,  her lips swollen and smiling.

She gasped when she saw herself in the mirror. She watched. Studied herself. A finger gently touched her lips.

She looked gorgeous.

Light roses on her cheeks. Eyes over bright and shining, the gold in them cloudy. Lips red and swollen and smiling dreamily.

Her heart pounded.

And don't overthink it.

"It is a one time thing. Get it? Don't make it into a habit. It will become a difficult habit to break. Addiction is bad. You can't get addicted to him. Remember the contract."

The contract.

Yes. Oh yes.

It made her heart slow down.

***

(Logan)

Logan stood under the shower, still thinking of the kiss. He could almost smell her in his body, if he tried. Even after washing himself. 

The pain in his body slowly receded, but the need in his bones, it didn't.

He toweled his hair and pulled out a T-shirt from the neatly arranged closet. He pulled it down his head and sprayed a hefty amount of perfume.

Maybe then her smell wouldn't overpower him.

When he got down, she was in the kitchen, cooking.

"Hey, what are you making?" He asked, trying to bring back some normalcy, but it looked like she didn't need it, because her voice came out without hesitation.

"I called Danny. I told him about the Mathilda Shine job. He is coming over and we are having pasta, chicken and desert." She had a big smile on her face.

When did Daniel and Alex became such good friends?

It made him slightly jealous.

She was his friend, first.

"Ah. Ah. Free food is his kryptonite." He said before he walked to where she was standing. "Need a hand?"

She looked startled for a moment and then cleared her throat. "There is spring onion in the fridge. Take it out and cut it. And then grate the cheese."

"Which one is the spring onion?"

"God. The long thin green ones." She shook her head before going back to what she was doing. "Hey, we should grow some herb in our kitchen." He didn't miss that she called it our kitchen. It made him feel warm feelings and this had to stop. Emotions are messy.

"Write a list. Better yet, we will go tomorrow."

"Ok then." She smiled at him, looking excited and he was amazed by the fact that she was excited for even the littlest of things.

How was she still like that? So happy and eager? Easy to please?

How was she not completely faded, even after going through whatever she went through? She didn't tell him anything yet, but somehow he knew that she was hurt and betrayed by people she had trusted. Sometimes it showed in her eyes and it was kind of scary that he could read it.

But she was color. She was rainbows and kaleidoscope. And he saw it and he knew it would take a lot to steal that color from her.

And God, please don't let anything or anyone steal that from her.

Maybe if he had known what their future held in store for him and her, he would have prayed a little longer for her.

***

(Alexandra)

"Move. Set the table." She said as she drained the pasta inside the white sauce she left bubbling in the pan.

Then she added chopped vegetables and cheese and stirred, and letting it cook, she went back to buttering the chicken.

"Don't just stand and stare, he will be here any minute now."

"It is just Daniel. He is not a guest."

"Logan Forte, do as I say."

"You are so bossy for someone so little." He grumbled. "Why is Daniel coming here, again?" He complained.

Because I can not eat dinner with you alone. And pretend like I don't want to kiss you again. And again.

Oh, she could not say that out loud.

Bad girl, Alex. Naughty, naughty girl. The pesky little inner voice taunted.

"Because I invited him over to celebrate my real first job."

His eyes widened and she remembered what he had said about kissing as a celebration.

"You-" He stopped halfway.

"Don't worry, I don't actually go around kissing people to celebrate my victories. That was just a one time hitch." She giggled when she noticed his ears turning red. He groaned.

"Minx." He pushed his long, lean fingers through his wet hair --he had showered-- mussing it, and she wanted to do the same.

She could still remember the feel of his hair on her fingers, his fingers on her.

Stop. Stop thinking dirty thoughts.

"I am going to set the table, even though I still don't know why Daniel need such special treatments. It is just Dan."

She switched the stove off when the pasta was ready. It looked mouthwatering. Yummy. She thought as she took a sample bite.

Not yummier than Logan.

God. This thing was irritating.

The chicken was almost ready.

She looked for the spices to apply over the half roasted chicken and realized it was on the top shelf.

"Logan, I can't reach the spices jar." She called out to him and he chuckled.

"Midget."

"I am not a midget. You are a giant. Who keeps spice jars at the top of the shelf, anyw-"

She trailed off when he came behind her and leaned over her to reach for it. His smell was all over her body. Her body was alive. Sparkling. A touch of electric wire.

What the hell was he doing? If he had asked, she could have moved.

It felt like an eternity before he took the jar and handed it to her.

His fingers brushed hers.

Her fingers itched to grab him by his T-shirt that looked like it was made for him, and then kiss him senseless.

And then he would, maybe, ovethink it. Overthink everything.

But no. She-

He moved a little closer or it felt like that to Alexandra.

She wanted to move back, but her legs were totally not heading to her warning.

He should post caution symbol over his head.

⚠ heartbreak ahead.

She could smell him. His musky Cologne. Logan. His wet hair.

🚧 Do Not Cross.

Okay, the space between them was getting smaller and smaller.

The bell rang. She jumped apart and hissed when her back hit the kitchen slab.

He cursed something unintelligible and walked away.

Saved by the bell.

Haha.

"Hey Dan." Okay, tune down, girl. You sound too eager.

He gave her a single white rose. It was beautiful. "Thank you. It is so beautiful." She said.

"You are so beautiful." He smiled and winked and she giggled.

"Stop loitering. I am hungry." Logan sounded moody.

"What crawled up your ass?" Daniel asked as they took a seat at the table. She sat next to Logan. Daniel sat opposite to them.

"So that I can keep seeing your beautiful face." He smiled with a wink.

"You are unusually charming today? Eh?" Alex threw a grape at him and he caught it deftly.

"What!" He looked offended. "I am always charming."

"Yeah, as charming as a toad. Shut up and let me eat peacefully, you two. Keep your flirting away from my table."

"Is he always this grumpy?"

"What, no way. You are looking at the guy who had once did some legendary comedy acts without even laughing. Like asking rents off rats!"

"Really? Tell me more." She looked at his flushed face and laughed.

"Shut up, Dan." Logan grunted.

"Really, Alex. So- it was our third year, I suppose, in the university, and he kept shouting at his room mate Rick for stealing his bread and whatnot. One day we realized it wasn't Rick, but a mouse. And what did Logan do? He caught the mouse, and gave it an earful."

"What? He yelled at the poor mouse?"

"More like strictly talked. But yeah. He said and I quote, 'you see, little thief, you are here illegally. You can not be here without paying quarter of the rent, at the very least. And not only did you not pay, you have also stolen considerably from me. Now is that an acceptable behavior?' And the poor thing kept squeaking and squeaking and squeaking, as if saying 'yes sir.' And then with a warning not to come anywhere closer to his dorm, he let it go and the poor baby scurried away."

Alex was laughing by the time Daniel finished.

"God, Logan. You did that?"

"What?" He sounded indignant. "It worked. The little thief never came back. " Logan said as Alex wiped her tears from too much laughing.

She looked at the two men in front of her.

Just days ago, she was hopeless and almost gave up. But now here she was, laughing and being happy.

It felt good.

"You are - that is simply inconceivable. God, you are unbelievable. I thought you only lecture humans and there you go, breaking another one of my misconceptions." She chuckled as he scratched his cheek with an unabashed smile.

"That is not a compliment." She added.

"What? All I heard was, 'Logan, you are so amazing.'" He mimicked in a poor imitation of Alex and she punched him in the shoulder.

"I don't sound nasally like that."

"Hey."

And they laughed and talked the whole way through the dinner and deserts. And Daniel and Logan did the dishes before Dan left.

She was surfing the TV when he called her.

"Alex?"

"Yes?"

"This Sunday, my mom asked me for a family lunch. I think it is the right time to bring you in. What do you think?"

She thought it was a very wrong idea. But she didn't say so.

"Okay. If you are sure."

"Of course. We have one month to convince everyone and then we have to get married before Stacie left for Paris."

"Oh Stacie." Alex pushed the remote button with a frown, with an unnecessary force. "Yes, whatever. You are the boss."

(Logan)

It was Sunday already and he felt like a nervous school boy introducing his first ever girlfriend to his family.

But she wasn't even his real girlfriend. It was okay if his family didn't like her. She would be gone in a year.

And the thought of her not being here anymore was not a pleasant feeling.

As he walked inside their kitchen, he could smell the herbs.

Yesterday, they had gome snd bought the herbs she wanted to grow in the kitchen. Thyme. Rosemarie. Mint. Oregano. Parsley. Dill. Basil.

She had placed the pots painstakingly in order, in the side of the French window. And she had stared at it and changed and stared and finally she was all satisfied with how it looked. As she had stared at the plants, he was staring at her.

And then they sat in the comfort of their kitchen and ate the steak and burger and fries they bought on the way back from the nursery.

It was all so simple, the meal, but still with her laughter ringing and his voice sounding almost too happy, it felt much more wonderful than a dimly lit private table at the back of some fancy restaurant.

After lunch, they sat together in his home office, and they had talked about Mathilda Shine's M-project. Alex was so eager to start that and like a sponge, she had absorbed everything he had said about Mathilda, what she was expecting. He gave Alex many of the business cards he had, from various shop owners to wholesale dealers to furniture firms and he was proud when she put them all in a small card holder and kept it secured.

He was sure she would be the best option for Mathilda. Mathilda was known for her eccentricity and for her uniqueness. Alex would satiate both. She already had so many ideas plotted in his laptop. He made a note to himself to buy her a new laptop.

He grabbed his Porsche keys as she walked down the stairs, looking cute in a denim dress that flared around her knees, wearing a strappy sandal. She looked so young, so radiant.

"Ready?"

She bit her lips and nodded.

"Don't be nervous." He said.

She shook her head. But she still looked nervous. She bounced on her toes and twisted her belt and pulled her dress down.

"Hey, everyone will like you." He was sure of that. She was easily the most friendly, most kind, most likeable person he had met.

"Umm."

She sat in the car, staring at nothing in particular. "Relax." He said as he touched her shoulder.

"I think I am going to puke. I feel exactly how I feel during every exam."

"It is not a test. They like or they don't like, but it will not be your failure. I mean, we can not ask everyone to like us."

"You, Mr. Cool, you can be like that. Totally mature about anything. I can not."

He patted her hands.

"I will be there. Remember that. And I hope you remember that, and not abandon me and turn against me after meeting my sisters and mom."

"Thank you and I will try to remember you."

And then they sat in the silence, and he turned the radio on when she asked him to.

And a song came. She immediately perked up.

"God, his voice is so- it's one of a kind." She said dreamily.

And Logan wanted to grit his teeth. Why the hell did he turned the radio on?

"Leo Shine is an ass." He said. He wasn't, not really, but Logan had never really liked that man and now, he didn't like him, at all, after Alex was looking moony eyes just by hearing his so-called one-of-a-kind voice.

God. It was just a voice. It wasn't like there was anything special in it. Maybe there was something, after all, his songs were off the charts always.

"Oh, a hot ass. I don't mind." She smiled. "Hey you suppose I will meet him when I work at Mathilda's house?"

Now, he didn't want to let her go anywhere near Mathilda's house, but he could not do that. So he just shrugged and pushed the accelerator.

"You are going to work, not play. Keep that in mind." He grunted.

"Ugh. You are no fun at all. But still, I hope I can meet him. I wanna know if he is just as handsome in flesh as he is in the TV."

"Handsome! My hair is more handsome than him." He said with a disgusted frown and she chuckled.

"Sometimes even you can be funny."

Funny? Damn it. He wasn't being funny.

He was 100% serious.

~~~

Eager to meet Leo Shine? Totally new, totally sexy character. Ok, I am loving him even before I am fully writing him and his story wants to be written, but I am not giving into the temptation.

No. First I have this one to finish.

1. Alexandra + Logan

2. Stacie + Greg

3. Daniel + (guess who?)

4. Leo + (uhm, not sure)

Yes. I am planning to make it a series.

Planning be the keyword. Hope I actually do that!

Follow me!

On dreame.com to read Edited version of the love deal with Mr. Player.

Read stories on inkitt link so that I can get paid for my writing. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 338 27
Back in this day and age, royalty no longer wedded royalty, simply because everyone now wanted to marry for love. Which is why a union like ours woul...
7K 343 59
"I'm the most eligible bachelor of America I'm a billionaire and you're rejecting me" "YES" "Tell me what you want I'll give you anything" " Anything...
556 28 7
"The moment I laid my eyes on you, I knew that you weren't her real daughter, a real daughter wouldn't have five fingers print on a face caused by a...
859 33 7
/Blurb/ She wasn't sure who moved first but one moment she was standing there gawking at him and next their mouths were smashing against each other. ...