Faded Memories (A Justin Bieb...

By kissandkill

Justin...Lauren...The town's favorite sweethearts. They were always together, so much people believed that th... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter 35
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight

Chapter Thirteen

16.3K 112 5
By kissandkill

::--::

The moment I sat myself on the couch,my phone started buzzing off rather loudly. I sighed and picked it up pressing the 'Answer' button,pressing the small device to my hair-covered ear.

"Yo."

"Hey."

I nearly choked and I had to wonder why he was calling me. What did he want?

"Seth?" I questioned my eyebrows furrowing together as I tried to digest this. How had he gotten my number?Beats me...

"How did you get my number?I don't remember giving it to you buddy.." I trailed off thinking back to when I was at the airport.

"Chill," he started probably sensing my weird and suspicious tone.

"Elise gave it to me."

I felt like a total and utter idiot. Oh right. Stupid me.

"Oh,sorry about that. I was just a little surprised. That's all." I concluded hoping he wouldn't think any more to that.

"Oh so how are you?"

I leant back into the couch just as Justin plopped down next to me. He gazed at me raising a curious brow as I responded to Seth's question.

"I'm doing just fine. I'm cool." I answered my gaze raking over the room casually.

Justin surprised me by laying his head on my lap,his feet sprawled out on the other end of the couch. I playfully ruffled his hair as he absentmindedly began to tug at my shirt out of idleness.

"So,um..What are you up to?"

I shrugged then realized he couldn't see me.

"Hanging out with Justin."

He took a while to answer to the point where I had to wonder if he was still there on the line.

"Uh..hello?"

"Oh,um..Okay..You guys going out?"

His question caught me off guard but then I shrugged it off assuming it was just a simple, straightforward harmless question.

"Um yeah actually we are." I confirmed a little bit freaked out at his sudden interrogation.

"Hmm,okay. You busy tomorrow?"

I thought for a while. Should I really give him another chance? Would it be a good choice? Tomorrow would be two days before my summer vacation so I guess it wasn't that much of a deal to skip school again...I could go Friday,the last day..Yeah,that makes sense!

"Nah,why?"

"Oh no biggie..I was just thinking of having lunch with you.I mean,you don't have to if you don't feel like it.I was just-"

I laughed cutting me off. "No Seth,it's okay.What time then?Around noon?" I enquired making a funny face down at Justin. He laughed then returned the favor so I burst out laughing again.

"Should I dress formal or.." I trailed off hoping he'd understand where I was going with this. I mean,I didn't want to dress too fancy or anything..

He seemed to laugh. "Yeah,around noon. And yeah,formal would be suiting."

I nodded then felt stupid again when I yet again realized I was talking to him on the phone and not face to face. Darn,my brain is messed up.

"See you tomorrow then?"

"Yeah,well bye for now..and oh I'll pick you up!"

"Okay!" I smiled then we shared brief and various goodbyes before the phone line finally went dead when our call ended.

"Was that Seth?" Justin inquired easily his eyes meeting mine.

I nodded twirling a tendril of hair around my finger.

"What does that idiot want?" Justin asked calmly. How he did that,it was a mystery to me. By now I thought he'd be all tense and stiff. Seth wasn't his favorite person..

"Lunch with him tomorrow at noon." I verified hoping that would be okay. Did Justin have plans for us..I hoped not..

"Okay,well that gives me just about enough time to prepare for the party we're gonna have."

My eyes widened. "What?"

"I was thinking of throwing a party.." he trailed off.

"Okay." I shrugged not really seeing it as a big deal. I wasn't exactly the party type but I'd been to a few parties which went down fairly okay.

"Good so you have no problem whatsoever with me spending a few hours with the guy you hate?"

He forced out a smile,but it was gone as soon as it had came. "I swear to God Lauren,if that bastard tries anything on you,don't hesitate to tell me anything.I'd punch his face in,butt kick him to Jupiter, and set off a freaking bomb there just so he could blow up."

I laughed at his threat then ruffled his hair.

"I'm a big girl,I can handle myself."

"I bet that's the same thing Red Riding Hood said to her parents when she left for the woods." he scoffed.

I raised an eyebrow. "Good one." I said sarcastically.

"You promise to tell of that-"

"Yes,dad."

He smirked and I sighed.

Just what had I gotten myself into? Then again,Seth had never raised a finger against me so he wouldn't start now,or would he? I highly doubted he'd try that now. It was just a friendly gesture for us both to spend some time together. I just had to man up and be a brave soldier. Wow,that sounded pre-school-ish. May I repeat that my brain is seriously messed up?

-__- -__- -__- -__-

"Nope." Justin assured me the next day his eyes scanning my attire. I was dressed in a oceanic blue midnight floral dress reaching just above my knees. It hugged my body from beneath my chest and flowed loosely past my waist the further down. Silver beads were accessorized around the attractive waistband along with a darker blue flower to the far end completing the outfit.

I frowned gazing at myself at the mirror.

"Why?" I whined jerking toward him.

He folded his arms leaning against the doorframe his eyes looking pointedly at me to the point where I had to lower my gaze feeling self-concious.

"It looks.." he stopped right there.

I looked up at him shifting my weight from one foot to the other,standing akimbo.

"It looks what?" I challenged.

Instead of answering,he pushed himself from the doorframe making his way over to me. He took long strides and before I knew it,he was right in front of me. He wrapped his arms around my waist bending down slightly.

"You look too beautiful in it."

My cheeks tuned scarlet red as I laughed.

"And?"

He looked away then cleared his throat un-comfortably. "Um,no reason."

I snorted. "Sure.."

Before I could possibly re-think about what I was about to do,my hand reached out and slowly turned his face to mine. I went on my tip-toes and pecked him quickly on the lips feeling satisfied as he groaned obviously wanting more.

"Sure about your theory there?"

He sighed and looked down at me pouting slightly. "I just don't want him to see you like this. You obviously look too cute and adorable right now. I'm the only one who should see you this cute so I could.." he stopped then looked intently down at me.

I smirked knowing he wanted to kiss me so I leant back from his grasp. I walked to my duffel bag where all my dresses were,all the dresses I brought over.

I decided on a longer dress. It was of a crimson red colour with very close detail and an amazing bodice.

"Now turn around,and don't think of spying." I warned threateningly. I started un-zipping the side carefully making sure not to include my skin like the last time..Not pretty either.

The dress fell onto the tiled floor with a silent thump as I pulled on the natural flowing dress.

This time,its' zipper was to the back so I had to ask Justin for help.

His hands grazed against my skin ever so often causing multiple thrills to run through my body. I sucked in a sharp inhale of breath and tried my best not to make it obvious how nervous and tingly he was making me. He zipped it up right to the top and I turned around looking at him expectantly.

"Suitable enough?"

He smiled. "You look really good."

I laughed. "Oh,where is the 'beautiful' this time?" I teased dryly.

"You're always beautiful Lauren."

I smiled up at him and muttered,

"Thank you."

"What time is it?" I asked randomly and I was skipping frantically down the stairs like a mad woman when Justin told me it was a little past twelve.

As I on cue, the doorbell rang and I rushed over to get it. P.S-I had texted Seth the address.

Justin was right behind me as I opened the door to reveal Seth. He was dressed in a blue dress shirt, a lighter blue tie,a black dress pants along with black clarks.

"Hey." he said grinning.

"Hey." I replied looking back at Justin. He didn't say anything just glared at Seth.

"Have her home by four." Justin reprimanded his arms tightening around my shoulders. I didn't even realize his arms were around.

Wow,he sounded like my 'dad' there for a second..That would have count if I actually had a father who didn't- I stopped my thoughts right there not bothering to continue thinking about that 'issue'. Don't worry,some day I'll tell you why I avoid talking about my dad.

Seth smirked looking at me then at Justin. "Okay Mr.Marks." he joked but Justin didn't see the humor.

I cleared my throat awkwardly as I glanced up at Justin.

"Well,see you in a lil' bit."

He smiled then cupped my face in his hands,kissing me quickly.

"See ya."

"Latez." I called out already walking down the porch steps.

The door slammed shut behind me as we made our way onto the lawn.

"You look really se-I mean nice."

I flashed him a small smile. "Thank you.You don't look half bad yourself."

"But you give me stiff competition. Justin's a lucky guy though."

I quirked an eyebrow. "What?"

"You're a nice girl."

I smiled grateful fro his sweet comment. "I try to be nice." I shrugged.

"So where are off to?" I asked casually chancing a glance at him to see of I could at least catch a clue or something of that sort.

He winked at me playfully. "A secret."

He surprised me when he grabbed onto my arm as we walked down the deserted street. Immediately my eyes caught hold off a yellow Hummer H3.

"Wicked ride dude." I commented feeling the contours. It was sleek and shiny and looked incredibly new.

Seth let go of me,dug into his pocket for his car keys then the child lock unlocked and he opened the door for me.

I slid inside and snatched on my seatbelt. The car smelt like 'Canadian Rocky'. Seth closed the door for me then ran to his side, hopped in then peeled out of the sidewalk.

The sun was just starting to come out reminding me it was indeed nearing summer. That means more heat,more of me sweating like a pig and more of sleepless nights if my a/c chose not to work.

The ride was silent and the radio was slightly low but still I could hear the faint lyrics of one of Black Veil Brides' smash hits.

I hummed along as the ride stretched on. It wasn't really a 'awkward' silence but at the same time it wasn't exactly a 'comfortable' silence either.

Minutes later,Seth pulled up alongside a fairly busy street. Some people were hustling to reach their desired destination,others taking their time. I hopped out quickly as possible and not too long after,I felt a warm hand on the small of my back.I turned to see Seth next to me.

We made our way to the small restaurant which was called: Devine's Best. I almost laughed at the name.

We sat ourselves at a boot for two near the window and we sat in relative silence as we scanned over the menu.

I didn't particularly see it fit to order the most expensive meal on the menu. That would be rather rude,wouldn't it?

A blond waitress dressed in a black pencil skirt and white tucked in blouse approached us. She smiled politely at us.

"Welcome to Devine's best.How may I help you?" she asked kindly.

"I'll like to have number four," Seth turned to me and I smirked.

"I'll have the same."

She nodded at him then turned on her heel and walked off.

Moments later,she returned with our meals.

"Enjoy your meal." she smiled.

I dug into my meal,Seth did the same. Our conversation drifted off to life in general and Seth asked me about my life without him. Cocky much? He laughed when I fake pouted and looked down pretending to feel hurt. Although,I enjoyed having Seth around,I didn't particularly bawl my

eyes out when he left,that doesn't mean he wasn't loved,just not missed that much.

You know those crushes you have on someone of the opposite sex all because of the person's looks? That's exactly how it was with Seth and I. Just a lil' crush and at that moment,my mind raked back to Justin. Could it possibly be the same with him? Did I just have a teeny crush on him?

Nah...he was more than that.

"So college soon huh?" he added conversationally pulling be back to reality. Oh yeah...That 'C' word I was all so excited about and at the sane time,a little worried about.

"Damn,have I really gotten that old?" I mocked disappointment and he laughed.

"So what college choice?"

I shrugged. "Lots actually but mom wants me to go to Stanford. I'm not sure though,lots of other colleges accepted my applications saying I have a good chance. But at the end I want to be okay with everything."

He nodded in thought. "After all, it's your opinion that matters anyways."

I nodded in agreement taking a sip of my cranberry juice.

He seemed to sense the tension so he briskly switched topics.

"So when's your eighteenth birthday?"

It was a bit random but I shook it off and just figured everything was asked for some reason although not all answers seemed to unravel as soon as. Had he forgotten my birthday? Maybe..it's been four years since he left so maybe it slipped him.

"In about nine months time." I replied easily leaning into my seat.

He smirked. "Surprise coming your way in nine months then."

I raised an eyebrow looking up at him suspiciously.

"Wow,I'm actually very curious.My eyebrows might be blown up or something from your 'surprise'." I paused making bunny hands with my fingers over the word:'surprise'.

He chucked then shot me a mock hurt kind of look. "That was one time. I didn't mean for the cake to explode and actually have a timer."

I almost laughed at the memory as I let my mind remember the time when he almost blew my face up with the cake he got me. It was supposed to create sparks and send fireworks;which were set up under the table the cake was on,but it took an ugly turn when the timer malfunctioned and cake went flying everywhere including tiny sparks from the gun powder of fireworks.

I remember having part of my eyebrow off. It was really amusing actually.Justin laughed for days and I stayed home for a week until I realized I could simply apply eyeliner to my eyebrow. What? I was thirteen and mostly a tomboy and therefore I didn't really know about cosmetics.

"Tell that to my eyebrow." I tried to sound stern but that didn't work.

______________________________________

For all the writers out there I have a question.

Doesn't it suck to have an idea and not know how to put it out in words? When you're staring at the blank screen or blank page trying to get the ideas out. It totally sucks,right?!

That's how I feel..

Anyways,I know how I said this story is 'ON HOLD' but I just put that up there because I gotta go to school so my updates would be a little slow and infrequent so don't feel confused or anything if I'm not updating often.

I would have updated last Friday but lately my life has been drama filled.. Anyway,generally school is hectic so please UNDERSTAND(:

This chapter's song-Love Like Woe by The Ready Set

I chose this song because it's basically AWESOME!

Lol,anyways...You guys know the drill(:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 13.5K 42
Jenny Markings isn't a fool when it comes to love...that was until she discovered she had buried feelings for her brother's best friend, Aaron Shadow...
38.9K 238 27
One boy with a problem, Two girls with a secret, and a drama-filled tour. You call that a disaster, while Justin calls it life. When Justin is gettin...
24.1K 226 31
*A/N: Please note, this is a year ago when Liam was eighteen. They were big, but they weren't as famous as they were now.* Liam Payne, one fifth of t...
Better Off Dead By Zuza Mazur

Mystery / Thriller

2.3K 777 35
Stella used to spend all her summers with her parents at their summer house in Walnut Grove, where she met her best friend Brit - a popular, pretty s...