Lucky to Have You (SwanQueen...

By The_QueenHaylee

Emma and Regina have been through a lot to get to where they are. They finally feel as if they have found the... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33

Chapter 7

3.8K 161 26
By The_QueenHaylee

"I have a feeling it will work. Maybe it didn't work the first time, but I have complete faith in technology and in you." Regina says once they've settled under the covers and Emma shuffles towards Regina, wrapping her arm around her. The brunette lays her head on Emma's chest and closes her eyes when she feels Emma press a kiss to her forehead.

"Thank you for always being here for me." Emma whispers.

"Always." Regina says quietly with an exhale. Both of them fall asleep with tranquil smiles on their faces.

~~~

"Do you have your overnight bag?" Regina asks Henry as they prepare to leave the house. Henry merely holds it up in response and Regina looks towards Emma.

"I have my stuff." Emma tells her before she can even ask the question.

"Okay, perfect." Regina claps her hands together and then the bus comes rumbling down the road. "Oh there's the bus sweetheart. Have a great day and we will call to check on you after supper."

"Love you kiddo." Emma says, and then ruffles his hair after hugging him. Regina hugs him as well and then he walks towards the end of the walkway to get on the bus.

"Bye moms! Have fun." He smiles and then he's off to school.

"We're both ready so let's get a move on." Emma says and then walks to the car. Regina quickly follows and gets into the driver's side.  The drive is familiar and comfortable even though Emma still feels bad about the appointment. She falls asleep a few minutes in and wakes up only when they reach the city limits. They walk into the clinic quietly and a nurse takes them to a room to get set up. Emma pulls on a hospital gown and then an ultrasound technician sets up the machine and begins to put gel on Emma's stomach.

"We're going to see if there is a fetus and move on from there, okay?" The technician says, and Emma nods, looking away from the screen. Regina stares only at Emma and they hold hands the entire time. The room is silent and Emma glances at the technician's face for just a second. His lips are pulled down into a frown and his eyebrows are pushed together.

"It's bad news, isn't it?" Emma asks, already frowning in return.

"I'm going to get Dr. Guinevere, pleased don't move." He smiles, and then leaves the room.

"I told you it's bad." Emma squeezes her eyes shut.

"It'll be fine." Regina whispers comfortingly.  A few seconds later the technician comes back with their doctor and she takes a seat in front of the machine.

"Let me take a look here." Dr. Guinevere smiles. She grabs the probe and moves it around on Emma's stomach and Emma only looks at the doctor. The woman has the same frown on her face as the technician did.

"I was right, it's bad news." Emma reiterates and Dr. Guinevere removes the probe from Emma's stomach and wipes it off with a disinfecting wipe. She hands Emma a towel and as the blonde wipes the gel off her body the doctor begins to talk.

"It appears that the embryo didn't latch onto your uterus but there is no cause for concern. We will implant two more embryos and one of them should hold. Are you ready to start this process right now?"

"Yes, let's do it." Emma says, and then leaves Regina behind as she follows Dr. Guinevere to a different room. Regina is escorted back to the lobby and she waits for about an hour while Emma gets the embryos implanted. When they are done a nurse retrieves Regina and takes her to see Emma. Dr. Guinevere is still in the room and continues talking to Emma even as Regina enters.

"Until we know for sure that you are or aren't pregnant, we strongly advise against drinking alcohol or coffee, and smoking. A healthy balanced diet will help and we are going to send you home with a few bottles of vitamins and minerals free of charge."

"Is there anything I should do?" Regina asks.

"Just make sure she sticks to her new diet and takes her pills regularly." She smiles, and hands Regina a list of fruits, vegetables, and other items to help Emma with her pregnancy. 

"I'll definitely keep her away from burgers and pizza." Regina winks at Emma and the blonde rolls her eyes. 

"Fine, I'll eat gross crap and stay away from my delicious burgers and pizza." Emma grins. 

"Exactly." Dr. Guinevere laughs. "You both are free to go as soon as you're ready." She smiles and then leaves the room with a goodbye. Emma changes back into her jeans and Regina hands her her sweater before she pulls it on. They leave and head home, to Boston and back before Henry is even home from school. Emma naps until Henry gets home and she blearily stumbles downstairs to find Henry at the island doing homework and Regina cooking. 

"What's for supper?" Emma asks, and Regina looks up.

"I decided to try out a new recipe. I know how much you love my lasagna so I put a twist on it." Regina smiles.

"Mom said it'll be really good and not to think about it being only vegetables." Henry puts in.

"Only vegetables?" Emma pouts.

"You heard the doctor. Until we know if you're pregnant we are going to be eating brilliantly. You're not allowed to have caffeine or alcohol, and we avoid anyone who smokes." Regina says. 

"Yeah, yeah. How'd I get so lucky to have you?" Emma winks, and then walks over to turn on the Christmas music. Emma helps Henry with his homework and then Regina gets the two of them to set the table. 

"Water for Emma, wine for me, and milk for Henry." Regina says, the glasses all on the counter. 

"Oh I already miss alcohol." Emma sighs wistfully as she sets the drinks on the table and Regina brings the lasagna to the table. Henry and Emma eye it carefully as if it'll bite them but Emma can't deny how delectable it smells. Regina cuts pieces and puts it onto Emma and Henry's plates. Emma takes a tentative bite and groans at how good it is. 

"Do you like it?" Regina asks, taking a forkful of lasagna for herself. 

"It's amazing. How did you make vegetables taste like this?" Emma looks at her.

"Spices, a great sauce, and some low fat cheese." Regina says.

"Low fat cheese. Why am I not surprised?" Emma grins. Regina rolls her eyes and they continue eating.

"Okay, what kind of vegetables are in here?" Henry asks, starting to shovel down his second helping. Emma has never seen him eat this many vegetables before. 

"Eggplant, zucchini, carrots, broccoli, bell peppers, tomato, mushrooms, and then some red chili flakes." Regina lists off. 

"Red chili flakes." Henry and Emma say at the same time with a knowing look.

"Oh hush." Regina says, and then takes a sip of her wine. 

"So I take it you aren't pregnant yet?" Henry asks innocently.

"No, not yet unfortunately. But we're going to keep trying until we do." Emma says with a smile. 

"Okay. That's cool." Henry grins, and then continues to eat. Emma and Regina share a look of surprise. Henry may act older than he is but he still has a child's naivety. After they're done, Henry does the dishes and Emma helps while Regina goes and starts the laundry. Once the kitchen is up to Regina's standards of clean Henry escapes to his room to read comic books and then Emma finds Regina still in the laundry room.

"Need help?" She asks, and Regina looks up from the massive pile of clothes. All around her are baskets for sorting colours.

"Sure." Regina smiles. Emma walks over and begins to throw clothes into the baskets according to colour until the pile is gone. 

"Put this into the washer." Regina says, handing Emma the soap.

"You got it." Emma salutes, and then follows Regina's instructions. They're silent for a few minutes until Regina pipes up again. 

"Once the new year rolls around I have to start campaigning for mayor once again." She says.

"You've ran unopposed for years. You swept the election right after we got married." Emma tells her. 

"I'm just worried that they will think I'm unfit and too busy if we manage to have a baby."

"They won't think that Regina. They love you."

"Most of them like me, and the others only tolerate me because I run the town in a way that suits them." Regina says.

"Well I can help you think of ways to fit their needs better." Emma offers as she leads her wife back towards the kitchen for some dessert. Fortunately Regina made cookies the day before and Emma pulls out the milk.

"Emma." Regina says in warning and Emma puts her finger against Regina's lips.

"Nope. I get a cookie." Emma puts in before Regina can protest further. 

"Fine." Regina says, and grabs a cookie herself. They eat their dessert together and Regina looks up at Emma.

"Okay let me hear your ideas." Regina says, and Emma grins.

"A strip mall or something. The stores here are quaint and nice but we need more options, things you can't get in Boston even." Emma immediately says. Regina nods, her thinking face in place.

"Any other ideas?" 

"Possibly a new restaurant. The diner is great, and that italian place works but there's gotta be something else we can do. Maybe not a chain, but I'm sure there is some kind of entrepreneur who would be willing to get business in a small town like Storybrooke." Emma says. "Oh, and maybe think about creating a new playground. The one at the school is fine but the other one in the park is totally lacking."

"I like it." Regina nods.

"If you want little town fix-ups, there are a handful of potholes around town that need fixing, and I'm sure there is a opportunity for new jobs with town maintenance, or at the canary. Our fresh seafood is amazing and I know that there are kids growing up who want jobs." 

"I never realized you had so many thoughts rattling around in your head." Regina cocks an eyebrow, impressed.

"I'm very creative." Emma smiles. Regina leans across the island kisses Emma briefly on the lips.

"Why haven't you brought anything up before to me?" Regina asks, grabbing another cookie.

"You do such a great job and I didn't want you to feel like I was infringing on your job." Emma shrugs as she polishes off the rest of her milk. 

"Dear, you never infringe on me. I love you, and I value your ideas." Regina says, a small frown on her face.

"Okay, well if anything else comes to me I'll tell you about it." Emma grins. Regina gets up and puts the milk away. 

"It's time for Henry to go to bed, do you want me to do it?" Regina asks.

"I'll come up and say goodnight but then I think I'm going to watch T.V. in the living room for a while." Emma says. She goes up the stairs and kisses him goodnight before going back downstairs and sitting on the couch. Finding an episode of F.R.I.E.N.D.S, she settles down and watches it until Regina comes down and joins her. 

~~~

guess who's actually updating on a tuesday? this kid! a late tuesday update, but an update all the same :)

please comment and vote! 

also, what's your favourite part about watching Once Upon a Time? (if it's SwanQueen, name your second favourite thing). I love Regina, she's the best character on the show, and Lana is incredible when it comes to bringing her to life. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.3K 1.1K 29
Emma & Regina are married and are about to start a family. Emma is scared but knows they can do this together Emma is g!p
38.5K 1.8K 33
A sequel to the richest family in LA. If you haven't read then go read before this. Emma and Regina are happy together. It's now time for them to fa...
6.9K 181 20
Regina has always dreamed of having a true love but when the time comes to find who her soulmate is its not who she expects. and a couple of weeks la...
67.7K 2.7K 28
Right when both Emma and Regina are about to give up on dating, guys and romance, they meet each other. *This is a SwanQueen fanfiction *I don't own...