The Bad Boy In Pajamas

By magictricks

Join Chase and Carli in their quirky journey towards discovering themselves and each other. More

Author's Note
Chapter 2: You Didn't Just Quote A Carly Rae Jepsen Song
Chapter 3: Out Of The Frying Pan, Into The Fire
Chapter 4: Your Audacious Bawdiness Undoubtedly Scarred Me For Life
Chapter 5: This Isn't A Cheesy Chick Flick, This Is Real life
Chapter 6: I See Sparks Fly, And No I'm Not Quoting Taylor Swift
Chapter 7: What You're Saying Is Utterly Impossible
Chapter 8: And We Danced All Night In The Best Party Ever, Or Not
Chapter 9: I Think That Being Sweet Is An Unwritten Rule Of Being A Bad Boy
Chapter 10: How He Could Act So Sweet and Annoying Remains An Enigma
Chapter 11: I Don't Think Being Made Of Plastic Is Fantastic
Chapter 11.5: He's More Annoying Than Those Ads On YouTube
Chapter 12: My Mother Is Hulk In Disguise
Chapter 12.5: The Hottest Guy In America Just Offered To Read Me A Bedtime Story
Chapter 13: Like The Same Sides Of A Magnet, We Don't Attract
Chapter 14: Because Life Is Such A Sucker For Ruining Moments
Chapter 15: A Mixture Of "Exciting" And "Scary"
Chapter 16: Like a Bombshell That Could Wipe Out America
Chapter 17: Browsing Through My Diaper Days Wasn't Part of the Plan
Chapter 18: Angry Fangirls Are After Me, Wow I'm Flattered
Chapter 19: Someone Forgot To Tell Me This Was A Reunion
Chapter 20: Chase Hayden Is Secretly A Love Doctor
Chapter 21: Welcome To The Tragic Universe That Is My Life
Chapter 22: I Don't Like It When People Trespass My Territory
Chapter 23: The Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 24: Of Heartbreaks and Revelations
Chapter 25: The Tension Is Real And I Want To Deny It
Chapter 26: Maybe One Day, But Not Now
Chapter 27: A Twinge Of Something Foreign
Chapter 28: Chase Hayden aka The King Of Mixed Signals
Chapter 29: Love Notes And New Admirers
Chapter 30: We Were Both Twelve When I First Saw You
Chapter 31: Oblivious To The Obvious
Chapter 32: Some Kind Of Wonderful
Chapter 33: What A Perfect Way To Start A Love Story
Chapter 33.5: No More Annoying Chase In The House
Chapter 34: He Brings Out My Flirty Side
Chapter 35: Since You And I Happened
Chapter 36: From One Bad Luck To Another
Chapter 37: Of Reconciliations And Suspicions
Chapter 38: A Gentleman's Grand Gesture
Chapter 39: Homecoming, And A Lot More
Epilogue
Some Random Stuff
QUESTION/SURVEY
TNT Katropa Favorite Finalist
News! News! News!
Bonus Chapter: Their First Meeting

Chapter 1: You Look Hot In Those Pink Pajamas

1.5M 26.6K 20.5K
By magictricks

A/N: HI, this is 2020 Trixy coming back here to welcome you guys! So, I wrote this book when I was 17 (that was 7-8 years ago) and I was just getting into writing that time. That explains why the plot is so cheesy, grammatical errors are everywhere, and I don't know, everything is just all over the place. Haha.

Before you start reading this, please bear those things in mind and excuse 2012 Trixy's ugly writing. She didn't know what she was doing when she started this book. She had no idea it would blow up either.

Nonetheless, I am very thankful to everyone who gave this book a chance. You made my young self very happy with all the support and love you've given me. Happy reading, lovelies!

Chapter 1: You Look Hot In Those Pink Pajamas

"Carli, honey! I need some help in here!" It was my mother, calling from the kitchen of our new house. Standing from the couch where I was lazily lounging for the past few minutes, I went there and had to fight a laugh after seeing her all tangled up.

Despite being 40 years old, you could say my mom was still really clumsy.

"Why are you dressed like a mummy, Mommy?" I asked her, grinning. "Halloween's not until a few months. Isn't it a bit early to bring out your costume?"

At that, her eyes narrowed, but I knew she wasn't serious. "It's not funny, young lady!" she said. "It didn't have to end this way if you were just willing enough to help me unpack in the first place. But instead, you let your poor mother do all the work while you sat there on the couch like you owned the world," she added, in an attempt to make me feel guilty.

It's best to say her charm didn't work this time.

Ignoring her being overly dramatic , I chuckled. "So, it's my fault now?"

"Yes," she responded almost immediately.

"Then sorry, Mom," I apologized, feigned guilt dripping into my words. "I deserve punishment! I am such a horrible daughter. Go on, punish me. I will accept it wholeheartedly for I deserve it."

She only laughed at this. "Don't worry young one," she then said, playing along. "Since I am feeling a bit merciful today, your punishment will be less severe."

"And what is that, oh merciful one?"

She thought for a while, tapping her slender fingers against her chin. "I know. Why don't you go upstairs and start arranging your room?"

The corners of my mouth twitched downwards into a frown. "Really, mom?"

So much for a mother-daughter moment.

"And there you go," I mumbled to myself as I hung the abstract painting - courtesy of my friends from art class back in my old school - on the wall, just above my bed.

It stood there, fitting its position perfectly, like a missing piece of a puzzle.

It had been two days since Mom and I moved into this place, some small yet relatively progressive town in California, miles away from my old friends and our old home. It was a challenge to her career - her boss thought she was fitting to be assigned to the company's branch here. And since she was a risk-taking, ready-for-whatever-challenge type of person, she accepted it right away.

"This is going to be a great change," were her exact words.

Brushing the dust off my shirt, I kicked the empty boxes to the side and slumped myself on my bed. I was tired, exhausted even. Heaving a sigh, I stared at the ceiling and let myself lapse into a stream of consciousness.

Five more days till senior year starts. I was, for a fact, excited and anxious at the same time. I'm starting at a new school and that means: new life, new people, a chance to create a new identity, and new memories.

My thoughts were abruptly interrupted with a loud knock on the door.

"Carli?" It was Mom.

"Yes?"

She opened the door and let herself in.

"I would just like to remind you about the dinner at the Haydens," Mom said, pertaining to her bosses. She walked towards my bed and patted my leg. "We'll be leaving in an hour. You better get ready now," she said and before I knew it, she was already gone.

"Well then," I said to no one. "Better get movin'."

An hour later, we were already in the car, driving through the rich part of town.

"Are we there yet?" I asked Mom for the millionth time.

"Yes honey," she answered and absentmindedly ran a hand through her perfectly made blonde hair. She looked stunning, like she always did.

You could say I kind of always wished I looked more like her.

If you didn't know my Mom, you'd think she's a former supermodel or something because she's just very graceful and attractive despite her age. After my Dad left us when I was only six, she made it a point that I get all the best, as long as she can provide it, even if that meant working her butt off.

I realized I was lost in my thoughts for a while since I didn't notice that we have already pulled in front of a very beautiful house.

Wow. I know the Haydens were loaded but I didn't know they were this rich. They lived in a freaking mansion!

When we got out of the car, a guy in uniform greeted and ushered us inside.

My eyes literally bawled upon seeing the magnificent interior of the house. Everything screamed "an awful lot of money".

And then out of nowhere, a beautiful woman dressed in expensive black clothing, with jewelries that obviously costed more than all of our properties combined; and a man in a black suit - the mansion's owners and my Mom's employers, the Haydens - greeted us as we entered the hall.

"Hello Mr. and Mrs. Hayden," my Mom acknowledged the couple who smiled at her in return.

"Hello Julie," the woman politely answered and then turned to me, her eyes looking kindly into my own. "Is this your daughter? What's your name again dear?" she asked me.

"Uh, hello Ma'am, I'm Carli. It's nice to see you again," I said politely and held my hand out to her.

"Yes, yes. We have met a couple of times before, right? And I must say, you've grown to be a very beautiful young lady ," Mrs. Hayden gushed, making me blush. Let's just say that receiving compliments isn't just my forte.

I took a short trip down memory lane and tried to recall the times we've met. They used to pass by our old house a few times before when they come to the city to check on their business. I also remember they had a son who was my age, who I used to have a crush on. I wasn't sure, that was a long time ago. I couldn't even remember his name.

"Yes Ma'am. And thank you."

"Very polite, too. Are you in high school now?"

I simply nodded in answer.

"Same as our boy Nicholas!" she said, beaming at me. "He studies at Cross High."

So, my memory was right. And Nicholas was the boy's name, alright.

"Carli will be attending Cross too," Mom answered on my behalf.

I let them talk and opened my phone to check some texts. When there wasn't, I switched it off and slipped it in my purse.

Their conversation was cut short when the chef announced dinner. They have a chef for crying out loud! Mrs. Hayden ushered us towards the dining hall, which turned out to be very grand-looking like every part of the house.

"I'll just call Nicholas so we can start dinner," Mrs. Hayden announced. She was about to leave when my Mom called her.

Her next words caught me in shock. "Carli can do that, Mrs. Hayden. Right, honey?" she said and looked at me, sending a message through her eyes. I knew for a fact that she doesn't take no for an answer. Since that left me with no choice, I stood from my seat and turned to Mrs. Hayden.

"Of course," I said and smiled at the woman.

"That's so nice of you, dear. His room is first one to the right. 2nd floor," she said. I nodded, remembering her instructions, silently hoping I wouldn't get lost in this house which looked more like a labyrinth to me than a home. With a mansion as big as this, I wonder how they don't get lost.

Without any delay, I made my way upstairs, taking in the grandness of the house.

I wandered along the corridors until I reached the room I was looking for. I was about to knock when suddenly, numerous questions swarmed my head.

How does he look now?

Is he handsome?

Cute?

Tall?

Short?

My mind suggested different pictures of him that I've almost forgotten the main reason why I was there, standing in front of the tall wooden door, looking at it like it bore a significance in my life.

After regaining consciousness, I finally knocked. To my dismay, nobody answered. I knocked again, harder this time, yet still no answer. My patience grew thin after a series of unanswered knocks.

Rolling my eyes, I did the next best option: I opened the door without permission only to find myself in the biggest room I've ever seen in my entire life.

A big flat screen TV was placed on the center with an XBox and other gaming devices installed and built underneath it. Small couches for movie viewing were spread across the floor. Hundreds of books of different genres were neatly arranged in the in-built bookshelf on the wall. And the most amazing part of the room was what seemed like a center stage, where a complete set of drums and several wicked-looking guitars were hung.

Wow. I begin to question if I was still alive because I'm quite sure I was already in heaven.

My daydreaming was interjected with shuffling noises coming from behind me. I made a quick turn and came face to face with an en suite bathroom - my jaw dropping as a figure emerged from it.

He was a fine set of toned muscles until he turned and I finally saw his face. And right there, standing in front of me, with a confused look on his face, was the most handsome guy I have ever laid eyes on in my entire 17 years of existence.

The thing was- he was wearing a pink pair of Mickey Mouse pajamas.

And would you call me weird when I say he looked a thousand times hotter in them?

First chapter! I hope you still want to read it. LOL. Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

662K 50.3K 71
How do you get your hands on a whole load of cash? By manipulating an ego-centric rich boy, that's how. Sophie Wright wasn't always a Golddigger, bu...
148K 6.5K 70
When an insanely hot guy suddenly appears at Rosewood High ,Mia Devlin is having a hard time keeping the promise she made herself. But the new dude i...
2.4M 65.6K 200
A list of Zodiac Sign Scenarios.
67.1K 1.1K 21
Edit 2022: Sooo.. why are people reading this still, I'm so embarrassed by my writing.. but enjoy if you want.. These are a bunch of x reader onesh...