Facade | Near

phyeron- tarafından

Edit from me, years after: Sometimes I go back to this book and see just how wack my writing was years younge... Daha Fazla

A Successor's Facade
Prologue
Chapter 1: Colorless Beginning
Chapter 2: Terrifying News
Chapter 3: Ignited Vengeance
Chapter 4: One Life Saved
A/N that you can skip
Chapter 6: Anti-Kira Premises
Chapter 7: Night Terrors
Chapter 8: Silent Confusions
Chapter 9: L's Fraud
Chapter 10: Half Shinigami
Chapter 11: Candy Theft
Chapter 12: Mafia
Chapter 13: White
Chapter 14: Memories
Chapter 15: Her memories, Lost. New moments, Found.
Chapter 16: Mission Impossible
Chapter 17: A Day For Myself- Or Not.
Chapter 18 Part 1: Shinigami
Chapter 18 Part 2: Your Teeth Can Be Considered As Yellow
Chapter 19: Brother
Chapter 20: Flashbacks
Chapter 21: Erratic
Chapter 22: A Portion Of The Truth
I Apologize...
Chapter 23 Part 1: Shinigami Eyes Information
Chapter 23 Part 2: Delete
Chapter 24: Kira's New Spokesperson
Chapter 25: Who Are You And What Have You Done To Mello?
Chapter 26: Matt's Demise
Chapter 27: Kira's Downfall
Chapter 28: The Successor's Inception
Chapter 29: Him, From Wammy's
Chapter 30: Beyond Birthday
Chapter 31: Realization
Chapter 32: Near
Near's Birthday (Author's Note)
Quick A/N
An Important A/N
Chapter 33: Collapse
Chapter 34: Abducted
Important Note: Title
I'M SO SORRY FOR ANOTHER NOTE OH MY GOSH
Chapter 35: Agony
Chapter 36: Unravel
Chapter 37: Aftermath
Chapter 38: Connection
Chapter 39: Reminder
Chapter 40: An Epilogue's Prologue

Chapter 5: Hollowness and Uncertainties

2.5K 121 17
phyeron- tarafından

Chapter 5: Hollowness and Uncertainties

Near's Point Of View

The following days were occupied by thinking just as usual. Lingering thoughts and mysteries that bugged me to no end. Though recently, a new one was added, and that is Akamine (F/N). Reports I had found clearly showed that her whole family was killed, whether or not Kira killed her was the thing I cannot confirm.

Thinking back to what happened, it's very unlikely that her life was also ended along with her family, if Kira was planning to annihilate the whole of the Akamine's (If that's even her real surname) then he should've killed her right then and there.

I have researched almost everything I had to. They were the (Last/Name)s. A family too ordinary enough to change their whole identity and existence. It almost irked me, they were too normal for my liking, why is it that they find the need to hide who they are?

(F/N) Akamine or (Name)'s whole family and back story were completely normal. Nothing out of the ordinary and they for sure aren't criminals, so what was Kira's motives?

That bastard probably got the wrong information from the internet, where he gets all of the criminal's face and name. Kira should've known that the internet isn't reliable.

A plan formed in my head. In the record I've found about (F/N), it seems that she's intelligent and is quick to realize the situation. She could really be a help to us, a pawn and nothing else.

People call me heartless, I couldn't have agree more. And I couldn't have cared more.

'You're just denying things. Near.'

No.

'Yes, you are.'

I stayed silent, ignoring these voices that never seem to leave  me alone. They were the one who keeps denying, somehow, despite my heartless manner, my subconscious, or at least a part of me desperately longs for my attitude to change, for my whole facade to just end.

No matter, joining the Special Provision for Kira dangerous itself.  An estimated 86% chance exists that you'll end up dead. But then, her family was killed. She's surely planning for revenge now, if she's only on her own, there's that hundred possibility she'll be dead before she even landed a single finger on Kira.

It's decided then, I will call her. (F/N) would surely accept my offer to join the 'Task Force', I may be needing to explain to her later on that this is the SPK and not L's organization.

***

I sat on the floor with my left leg up, I continued the dice tower I was building while waiting for (F/N) to arrive. My cold pale hands grasped the dice, placing it in its proper order.

"Near, I think that may be her." Gevanni pointed at one screen on the right side. I glanced at it, it is indeed her.

She looked even more pale and blank. I observed her eyes on the screen as she walked through the hallway being guided by a member. Her eyes looked so dull, lifeless and empty. Obviously it was caused by her family's death, it doesn't take L to figure that out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pardon me, for I publish such short chapters.

IMPORTANT:

I'M AFRAID I MADE NEAR OOC AND RUDE. NO, NO, THAT ISN'T MY INTENT.

Edited. I mistakenly typed 'Matsuda' instead of 'Gevanni'. Damn, I never noticed that until now. 😂

-Potato

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

1.2K 51 8
A dark romance, vividly grotesque, morally questionable, fate-defying, vampirically induced tale of happily ever after. With a little bit of dark hum...
20.5K 516 38
(Trigger warning) "Because," I start, my voice trembling as the flashbacks flood me like a tsunami. All the years of abuse swarm my mind and I can al...
59.4K 1.7K 32
"You can't imagine the things I'd do if I put my hands on you" He murmured huskily and I felt his hot breath feathering by my ear making my knees tr...
1.9K 87 26
//This book contains mature content// " Only then does my shocked brain register that Jaden is holding a knife between his fingers. Shit. My face dra...