Detective Conan Fanfiction: K...

By ThelegitNumbkid

Years after the detective has shrunk and the Black Organisation reduced to ashes, Conan struggles to accept R... More

Prologue
Ebony Clothing
Vows
Aspirin
Chessboard of Gwenddolau
Self Denial
Fear
Darkest Shadow
Domineering Pressure
Hair-pin
After Life
BOSS?
Tough Love
Wolves
Desires
Note
Deductions
Lying
Red Thread
Fairy Tales
Deadly Nightshade
Family
Blame
Notes & Ai's reaction
Cape
Q&A
Child
Massacre
Angel
Hostage
Grandson
Kill
Traps
Checkmate
Note to All Readers
Sisters
Bloodthirst
Pendant
Choice
Author's Note: The Struggle to Continue
Eyes
No Jade
Departure and Reunion
Golden Blood
Safe
Epilogue I
Epilogue II
END
Please read if you had finished this fic

Unreciprocated

3.6K 81 18
By ThelegitNumbkid

"So, Kudo, there wasn't much that I could find. I'm pretty sure Amora was the one that did it but her alibi was pretty solid," Hattori spoke over the phone, "she was eating dinner at the reception hall with the school. She happens to be a principal of Moriarty Academy. Cisson was already in his suite that time."

"Oh yeah, yesterday, I can hear her distinctly talk over on the phone. She said of an auction..." Conan trailed off and Heiji gasped over the phone.

"Then that means-!"

"Yes," Conan finished his sentence, "she's likely planning to take the money for herself. The inheritance too, perhaps. The only issue is that this crime is spun off with greed and envy. Typical human impulsiveness. I don't see the link to the Black Organisation and how they benefit from it."

"Well said," his Osaka friend replied, "then I'll just investigate while you keep an eye on Amora and that girl of yours."

"Girl of mine?"

"I meant that half-Japanese girl, she might be in danger."

"I know," Conan said blandly, raising his head to the moonlight "I promised to protect her. Even if it meant risking my life, I'd keep her safe."

"Kudo, the more you deny, it'll just backfire on you," Heiji chuckled, before he ended the conversation.

"What? Hattori!"

Damn that guy. Hanging up on me like that. What did he mean anyway? Well, whatever. I wonder how Haibara is doing.

Conan headed to her room with a soft smile absent-mindedly plastered on his face. His heart thudding against his rib bones excitedly, an overwhelming euphoria to actually see her.

But wait, don't we live in the same roof? So what's up with this notion?

Cautiously, he knocked on the door. There was no answer.

That's odd. I could hear inaudible noises in the room. I doubt she's asleep.

"Haibara, I'm coming in. Haibara how are you-"

"Okay, yeah sure. Take care Tsuburaya-kun," she said as she put down the telephone back to the receiver. Conan froze with his eyes wide open.

Since when did Mitsuhiko and Haibara have chats over the phone?

Whatever it was, he disliked the strange contempt and sadness that was churning in his stomach. Seems like the green snake of jealousy had bitten him and the venom was taking over his immune system.

That's stupid. Mitsuhiko may like Haibara, but Haibara will never fall for a boy 10 years younger.

"I didn't say you could come in, pervert," she commented with her arms folded, "what if I was changing?"

An immediate figment of imagination of a clothes-less Ai sparked in Conan's brain. He must admit, watching Ai grew into a fine physically 15-year-old girl warmed his heart. True that they weren't childhood friends as Shinichi, but indeed, the curvature of Ai's figure was getting prominent thanks to having undergone puberty. He can't help thinking in about a few years time, Ai would be really...gorgeous. Just like how he had admired her beauty the first time he saw her as Shiho during Pisco's case at the Hotel, but was too occupied with the job of saving her to appreciate her wholeness. He only realized it when he saw Sonoko once changed her hairdo similar to Ai's and a flash of Shiho Miyano appeared, rendering him speechless. He liked how the snowflakes fell on her auburn hair, the whiteness of the snow giving a contrast of the unique colour of her hair that made her glow during Pisco's case. He remembered that she wore nothing but an old and loose janitor's suit, in which he protected her modesty by covering her with his jacket. Regardless, Ai was beautiful, especially in her adult form. She was already stunning in the worn-out janitor's suit, she didn't need revealing clothing like Sonoko to actually grab the eyes of everyone around her.

Conan have to agree, the true beautiful things require nothing to get attention. Why hasn't he seen this earlier? Was he too warped in his heroic game to save Ai? He was in a trance, before snapping away from it.

"Then uhm..." he mumbled, arousal rising in his blood at the thought of her being nude, "I don't know," he finished it with a sigh, trying to fight off the inappropriate imagination he has.

Ai, being observant as well, smirked at his unusual behaviour. "Well, if that happens, I'll skin you alive and sell your liver," she said sarcastically, turning her back on him, "because it'll be unfair if you have a transparent view of me."

"Unless..." she added, turning her attention towards him again, approaching him with her infamous catwalk whenever she teases him and whispered to his ear, "we'll have an eye for an eye." This made Conan blush even more, such that he could swear that he could hear his blood convulsing near his ears.

"Haibara..."

"I'm just kidding, you pervert," she said, placing her index finger on his forehead accusingly.

Conan returned a bored expression, and muttered in a deadpan manner, "if I was a pervert I would have peaked or seen more of you in that Steaming Locked Room case!"

Her face turned bright red at the memory of that case where they had a bit of an "eye for an eye". Now it was his turn to smirk.

"You were the one that placed chilli powder in my underwear just to have your revenge! Who's the pervert here?" he added teasingly.

"I'm getting sleepy," Haibara yawned. Conan was unsure if she was trying to change the subject or was simply exhausted. "There's still school tomorrow. You should sleep too."

"Okay," he reluctantly replied, a melancholic emotion in him as his illusion of having a good chat with her had been shattered. As he reached the door, he turned to her once more and asked worriedly, "Are you sure you'll be fine?"

Ai rolled her eyes, laughing at him condescendingly like it was the most comical joke she had ever heard. Closing the door, she commented, "do you think I'm a damsel in distress?"

No, but I can't watch you drown. I want to protect you, but you won't let me.

Conan lowered his head at the thought of the motion of her bedroom door shutting on his face repeatedly. Oh, how he disliked it completely. Even the inaudible sound of the door's clicking when it closes, to its creaks from its hinges. The sounds were like an anthem of rejection, evoking a sense of feeling unwanted from her. The strong desire to just pound his fist on the door continuously till she opens up to him, even it would cost a bruised hand. He lowered his head such that the eyes beneath his glasses are obscured by the reflecting light, but clearly, the eyes did not lie. Though hidden, it bore Conan's discontentment.

Damn it Haibara! If you could let me in, just this once.

Unknown to the bespectacled boy, Ai had a matching pair of dimmed eyes on the other side of the door. There they were, once again, separated by a wooden door, unable to reunite. The foolishness is not the object that segregates them, but the simplicity of the solution to their nagging circumstance - if only one agrees to open it and the other dares to ask.

Why don't you stop? If I allow you to save me again, I'll fall for you again. But I can't... I just can't... I'm afraid.

The girl had her back against the wooden material, with her thighs pressed to her chest. She silently wept for the love she secretly yearned. The thought of their first kiss brought a sharp pain to her chest and the tears cascaded more intensely, such a painful memory.

I ruined his life... He's suffering just by watching Ran's married life. I brought this to him. I don't deserve him.

Even if he saves her from drowning, it can't be guaranteed that he'll catch her when she falls.

--------------------------------------------------------

"Ai-chan!" Ayumi called, approaching her friend with the brightest smile on her face.

"What is it, Yoshida-san?"

With a face as scarlet as a tomato, she whispered to Ai's ear, "I asked Cedric to the Masquerade Dance. He said yes!" Ayumi then gave a light giggle.

"That's great, Yoshida-san," Ai smiled genuinely, happy to see the younger girl in being successful in asking one of the most attractive boys they've met.

Well, I'm glad Yoshida-san have a good looking boy for a date and one with a good heart too. But why do I feel relieved that she didn't ask Kudo-kun?

"What about you Ai-chan? Do you have anyone in mind?"

"Eh?-"

Ayumi's voice transported Ai back to reality, away from her thoughts. She was dumbfounded. She was actually quite clueless about what the event was about.

"Come on Ai-chan! I heard prom is popular in the US and other countries. Now they want to mix it with Elizabethan style where students can dress up in dresses or even a formal attire with a mysterious twist in it! They need to wear masks, it's like some royal ball! It's a one-time event. Every student of Teitan and Moriarty must attend it anyways!" Ayumi blurted out excitedly, holding her friend by the arm while jumping repeatedly.

"I'll just go with a friend I guess," she replied monotonously, despite Ayumi's enthusiastic persuasion.

I'm not quite sure I'm prepared for that.

"Anyway, where's Edogawa-kun?" she asked, trying to change the subject. They haven't spoken since last night, although they didn't bicker. It was more of a hostile aura that fills around them.

"Aren't you guys living in the same roof?" Ayumi questioned, tilting her head to the side, perplexed.

"I left early this morning, because I wanted to be early for a test," she answered. It was a partial lie, there was no test. She did go to school earlier than him, but she did it for the sake of avoiding him.

"Conan-kun is with Genta-kun. They are showing Tyler and Cedric around the school for orientation. I'm assigned to a brunette girl named Phoebe. She's currently in the washroom. So I'm waiting for her to come out," Ayumi explained, before turning her head towards the left where a petite girl with wavy, chestnut hair appeared and waved to her, "ah! There you are Phoebe!"

"This is Ai-chan. Most of us address her as Haibara though," she said, pointing to Ai.

"Nice to meet you, Phoebe," Ai smiled, stretching out her hand.

Phoebe gave a bright smile, that cracked through her rosy cheeks. If Ai was a typical teen, she wouldn't have noticed anything strange about that smile. It seemed...forced. She shook the half-Japanese girl's hand gently and said, "Pleasure to meet you, Ai."

"It's Haibara for you," Ai replied and gave a dangerous charming smile. Despite the exchange of smiles, the two girls' eyes gave away a hint of spite.

"We're totally going to be friends," Phoebe said, the plastic smile still plastered on her face, "and I totally do not blame you when the boy I'm dating tried to flirt with you."

Boyfriend? Must be Tyler. Oh, no wonder.

"No worries!" Ai replied in the same tone, "I don't blame you for choosing an unfaithful cute boyfriend." The 2 girls then laughed simultaneously and stopped altogether with a sigh. Ayumi stared at both of them, fidgeting her skirt as a sign of uncertainty to stop the situation.

"Uhm-"

"Ayumi-chan! Haibara-san!" Mitsuhiko called. Ayumi heaved a sigh of relief, having to be saved by the 3 other members of the Detective Boys from the rising tension that was emitted by Phoebe and Ai. Both the girls diverted their attention to them.

Just great. Seems like they have Tyler and Cedric here as well.

"Mitsuhiko! Conan! Genta!" Ayumi waved back but stopped short at the sight of Cedric. She turned fuming red as she meekly greeted him.

"Hello to you too, Ayumi," Cedric gave a warm smile and chuckled when she blushed even harder. This did not go unnoticed to the rest, especially to Mitsuhiko. He shifted his eyes to and fro between Ayumi and Cedric. His brows furrowed, an unknown substance seemed to boil in his stomach like lava melting his digestive system.

"Ahem!" Genta intentionally coughed, impatience written all over his face. This made Ayumi snapped back to reality. "I forgot! This is Phoebe everyone!" she said, a little too jolty while pointing towards the girl in question. Genta's eyes widened at the sight of Phoebe, enchanted by her beauty. His eyes trailed her brown chestnut hair that emitted vanilla scent when the wind picked it up.

Phoebe, like a hawk, knew when a boy had been caught by her web of seduction spell. "Kojima Genta, right?" she flashed a smile, approaching towards Genta and placed her hand softly on his shoulder. The burly boy can only grin sheepishly and now it was his turn to have his cheek painted crimson. Tyler, with a surge of rushed jealousy, swiftly moved to his date and wrapped an arm around her. The sight of having the brown-haired boy's arms around Phoebe's waist shattered Genta's picturesque view of his romantic fantasy. Genta's wonderstruck face had immediately altered into one that was scribbled with disdain.

"Since now all of you have met my Phoebe," Tyler commented with the emphasis on "my" to show possession, "what are we gonna do?"

"You should have Japanese cuisine for lunch!" Genta exclaimed, "to show how great Japanese chefs are." He gave a smug look at Tyler, which the boy tried his best to ignore.

"Yeah, I'm starving!"

And so, the 8 middle schoolers sat together in a circular table and ate their respective dishes. Of course, there was an exchange of interaction and glances across the table, which made Conan felt uneasy as he senses tension unfolding in front of his very own eyes.

Geez, I am already stressed out about Haibara... I'm not going to get involved in this complicated love story.

He shifted his eyes on the strawberry blonde who was too occupied smiling sadistically in between the slurping of Ramen noodles.

Typical Haibara. Enjoying the ironic twists of human behaviour and emotions.

Conan observed further, watching the rest like an eagle surveying its prey. It was evident that Ayumi was under the love spell of Cedric's attractive appearance and maturity, much to Conan's relief that she had outgrown her childish crush on him. Her pupils dilated whenever she talked to Cedric. Conan could much assume that the golden boy was enjoying Ayumi's company and her sweet disposition as displayed by his smiles and undivided attention. Except for the slight side glances. Cedric's pupils will flicker with negativity, but resuming to the usual cheerful state. Why is that? Conan could only assume that the middle-schooler had some troubles under his smile.

So, Ayumi-chan seems to be well prepared. Her pinafore is unusually creaseless that is a sign of careful ironing of her clothes than the time she normally took to iron them. There's also a pungent smell mixed with roses and peach, probably a perfume that she sprayed on. Her lips are reflecting more light than usual which can only mean that she had applied chapstick. All these to impress a boy? Oh well, Cedric isn't as bad as Tyler so I guess Ayumi's dolling up should be worth it. Cedric seemed to be into her as well anyway.

Conan then shifted his eyes to Tyler, Phoebe and Genta. He smirked at the more intriguing sight. The Lebanese boy got his left arm around her shoulder, but in his right hand was his phone. There were still leftovers and scraps in his plate, but knowing the carefree boy he is, Conan deduced that Tyler's done with his meal. He was so engrossed by the game on his phone that he paid little attention to the girl in his company. Meanwhile, she was trying to grasp his attention to her as she blabbered on about topics, through her cracked smile that she was having difficulties maintaining. Unknowingly to Phoebe, a pair of orbs were gazing at her from a distance, with both envy and pity. Genta's jaw was stiffened, his face twisted at the frustration of seeing Phoebe in such a pathetic state.

"Entertaining eh?" Ai said sarcastically, but her eyebrows arched a little, showing concern and sympathy towards the Detective Boys that were fuming with jealousy.

Conan gave a bored glance at her and answered, "you call this entertainment?"

"Ah ra," she replied, refusing to have eye contact with him, "that's your reflection when you see Ran with her husband."

Conan visibly flinched, having caught off guard by the unexpected touch of the sensitive manner. His cerulean blue orbs turned greyish in fear, like the life in the ocean had been consummated by the brownish oil spill. Ai, even with her bangs limiting her view, could sense the change in the aura of the modern Sherlock Holmes. The boy finally regained his composure, the orbs returning to its intense blue colour.

"There's something I need to do," Ai stood up to leave, but Conan grabbed her wrist, compelling her to look at his softened eyes.

"Haibara..."

"I'm going off," Genta left his chopsticks on the bowl with a loud sound and left, stomping his feet to show his irritation.

"Genta!"

"There's something I have to do!"

The rest of the group awkwardly stared at one another, waiting for someone to take the initiative to do something about Genta's sudden outburst.

Cedric sighed, he stood up and mumbled, "I'll talk to him. Since he's supposed to tour me around the school," he then turned to Ayumi, "I'll see you real soon, okay?"

"Sure, text me when there's anything you need?"

"Alright!"

Ayumi watched the golden boy dashed after Genta, absent-mindedly smiling to herself. The curvature of her lips disappeared when she caught a glimpse of Mitsuhiko glaring at her. "Mitsuhiko? What's wrong?" she asked, tilting her head.

Clueless.

This aggravated Mitsuhiko even more, but he refused to unleash his inner troubles.

"Nothing. I'm leaving."

"Ehh? Mitsuhiko!" Ayumi yelled, now it was her turn to stand up and ran after the boy with a freckled face.

Great, now I'm left with Haibara, Tyler and Phoebe.

"I guess there's no point in being here," Ai stated, shoving Conan's wrist away.

"Haibara! Where are you going?!" he yelled, frustration rising in him once more. But the strawberry-blonde disappeared in the blink of an eye.

"Damn it!" he pounded his fist on the table.

"Don't worry!" Phoebe said cheerfully, touching Conan's cheek, "I'll get your little red riding hood." He only gazed at her sudden gracious offer, but muttered his appreciation anyway.

"So, Conan," the only boy the Great Detective was left with spoke, "I never thought we'd never be left alone to talk. I know all about you."

"You do?"

What's up with this jock kid?

"Yes, apparently in Japan, there's a phantom thief known as Kaitou Kid. He isn't as active as before, probably as he isn't as young like 8 years ago, but you see," he added, tossing the daily newspaper across the table. It skidded towards Conan, its front headlines bold as a lion that screamed for the detective's attention.

"Ehh?"

"You didn't know? And you call yourself the KID killer. Adviser Jirokochi Suzuki bought the principal's fancy chessboard at the auction and KID wants it."

Damn it! Can't this case get any more complicated?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 258 44
𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 π•“π•šπ•˜π•˜π•–π•£. 𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕀π•₯π•£π• π•Ÿπ•˜π•–π•£. 𝕀 𝕛𝕦𝕀π•₯ π•Ÿπ•–π•–π•• π•₯𝕠...π•“π•£π•–π•’π•œ π•ͺ𝕠𝕦𝕣 π•”π•™π•’π•šπ•Ÿπ•€. 𝕃𝕖π•₯ π•žπ•– 𝕙𝕖𝕝𝕑 π•ͺοΏ½...
26.4K 1K 22
(Is Paved With Good Intentions) Conan accidentally becomes Shinichi on a case, and people find out who he is. The Black Organization decides to show...
20.9K 1K 36
[COMPLETE] Pair: Shinichi Kudo x Shiho Miyano Ps. I do not owned Detective Conan Characters it's all belongs to Gosho Aoyoma :) Started: 2-15-21 Ende...
45.5K 775 20
Conan and Haibara have been dating for almost 7 years,after the Downfall of The Black Organization. They've been dating secretly ever since, but it s...