Chasing Wild Hearts [1]

By glitter_xox

[Previously known as Chase Me Alpha. The Alpha series can be found on Inkitt] Keeping a secret that could cha... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Epilogue
Sequel?
Original versions available on Inkitt

Chapter Seventeen

169K 4.6K 994
By glitter_xox

Wake up. There's a rogue in the land. Kira shouts in my mind.

I blink slowly as I open my eyes. I glance at the clock and groan a little as I see it's five in the morning. I twist my body and lay on my stomach as I feel a little sore around my thighs.

A smile finds a place on my face as I think about last night. We didn't stop. The mating bond was complete and I wanted him to touch me all night. I went to sleep at three. I was tired and he still wanted to go on but we slept instead.

A ROGUE IS HERE! Kira screams in my mind and I open my eyes and groan quietly making sure I don't wake up Cole. I smile at him as I sit up slowly making sure the duvet doesn't move from him.

He needs rest more than anyone. From last night and from drinking.

I climb out of bed and do a long stretch as I pick up my clothes from the floor. I walk towards the bathroom to wash my face and rinse my mouth before I head out to find the rogue.

Give me a few minutes, I say to Kira who prowls in my mind.

She huffs but stays silent as I quickly get dressed.

I pull my hair up into a cleaner ponytail and walk out of the bathroom. Cole is still asleep. I smile as I walk out of his room and close the door behind me softly.

Where is the rogue? I ask Kira.

Find Liam. His scent. She replies back and I take a deep breath trying to find Liam's scent. All I can smell is sex.

I shake my head, a smile on my face as I walk downstairs. It's only five in the morning so everyone is still asleep. I can't hear anyone so I walk to the front door and step outside.

I look outside trying to find Liam when I see him walking out of the cells. I remember when Cole showed me the main places in this territory. The cells were one of them. A place I didn't want to go to ever. There was a door in the left wall of the Pack House. It led to the cells underground.

I take a deep breathe and let it out. I told Cole last night about everything. About Alpha Jack and what he'd done and how crazy he was. Cole kissed every scar on my back and whispered to me that no one would ever hurt me like that. He would always be there for me.

"Skylar? What are you doing here?" Liam asks as he notices me. I walk towards him.

"I want to see the rogue," I tell him and he frowns.

He looks better than yesterday. He's had a haircut as well.

"A rogue? Who told you? Actually don't answer that. You're the white tiger. We've all heard legends about them," He mutters while shaking his head at himself.

"I can't let you in, Sky. Cole will kill me," He says sighing at me sadly.

"I'm Luna of this pack, right?" I ask and he nods, "I would like to see the person, Liam. As your Luna, I order you to let me in," I tell him and he lowers his head and nods.

"Yes Luna." He replies and steps back as he opens the door to cells.

"Can you go down first? Please?" I ask him softly and he nods as he steps in front of me and walks into the darkness.

"I didn't know my Luna would be scared of the dark," Liam says as he holds his hand out. I grab a hold of it tightly as he walks downstairs. Another man closes the door behind making me jump.

"Sorry Luna," He apologises quietly and I quickly step down another step and closer to Liam.

No Alpha Jack. It's only you and Liam and a bunch of strangers. Alpha Jack is dead.

"Is it a girl or a boy?" I ask Liam as we reach the final step and people stare at me from the cells.

Henry, Aiden and Aria. They all flash into my mind. Aria had found her mate here. She wasn't living anywhere close to the pack house. Her house was the furthest away. Henry was happy with his family. He had found them and he was happy. He had cousins and aunties and a big family. The others? I hadn't looked them up. I had to find them.

I look away from the cells and back to Liam.

"It's a boy. Around 16," He says walking me to the end room. He knocks on the door and it opens. He walks inside and lets go of my hand as I take a deep breath and follow him.

Not my cell. It's not mine.

I gasp as I look at the little boy. He's tied to the wall and he's growling at us all. His face is bloodied and his lips busted. Beaten up.

"Tell me you didn't do that to him?" I turn to look at Liam who shakes his head.

"No. He appeared like that. I tied him up because he's in shock. He's acting like a wolf but in his human body. I called Alpha to come. Maybe he can do something to get him to talk," Liam explains.

"Untie him," I say to Liam and the guard whips his head to look at me too.

"Luna I ca-"

"Untie him, Liam," I say again and Liam mumbles something about magical tiger powers.

I take a deep breath and let it out again as Liam walks up to the boy. The boy growls at Liam but Liam ignores him and unties him.

The boy gets on all four and growls at us all but I ignore it as I step closer to him. I can feel the panicking aura around him. I let out a breathe and let my calming aura surround him. I watch as he growls at me but he whispers the next second.

"I'm sorry," he whispers to us and I smile, ignoring Liam and the guard shocked faces.

"What's your name?" I ask him as he stares at the ground.

"Jordan," He says in a raspy voice.

He's been screaming.

"Liam get him some water," I tell him and Liam nods at the guard who leaves the room quickly. He closes the door behind us. The boy wraps his arms around his knees and places his head in between his legs.

"Everyone is dead," he whispers and I look at him confused.

"Who?" I ask softly as I kneel down to look at him.

"My family. Everyone died. They were killed. I didn't want to run away," He whispers to himself.

"How were there they killed?" I ask quietly.

"Rogues. They came and killed them all. We didn't know. I was in school and they came and killed everyone there too. Scott wanted me to run," He sighs as he covers his face with his hands, sighing deeply.

"Who's Scott?" Liam asks him.

"My brother. He jumped in front of a rogue and told me to run. I couldn't do anything. They were killing every male. I have never seen anything like it. It was a pack of rogue," He explains quietly.

Liam frowns at him.

"There's no such thing as a pack of rogues. Not one big enough to kill a full pack," Liam says confusion clear in his voice.

"They didn't kill everyone. They took the females and children with them," Jordan says looking up at Liam. "I'm not lying. I heard them talk about gathering all the women and children to take them to their Alpha. Something about experiments," He says.

I frown as I stand up and try to think about what to do.

I need to find Carter.

The door opens and I see Cole walk inside looking furious as he stares at the boy and then at me. Liam gets the glare.

"Skylar. Outside. Now." Cole says his voice holding no room for disagreement. "Liam, tie him back up," Cole orders him in his Alpha voice.

I walk towards him and he steps to the side to give me way. I step out of the room ignoring the people in the cells calling me Luna. I wait for Cole in the darkness until he walks out of the room and closes the door behind himself. I could set this place on fire to light it up a little but I'd never give anyone a hint to what I am.

Not in the cells. Never here.

Cole grabs my hand gently and we walk upstairs. The guard standing in the dark opens the door and we step out into the light. It's still early in the morning.

"Cole," I call out his name as we walk away from the cells and into the empty backyard.

"I didn't do anything wrong," I say to him and he turns around to look at me. I stop in my spot.

"I get told that my beautiful mate is standing in the last place I'd want her. You know how dangerous that place is? One of my guards was on duty and he got killed there. One of the crazy wolves decided he had enough and he wanted to get out. They can't get out, Skylar but they can still kill. Not finding you in our bed is the worst feeling ever especially when I'm told where you are," He explains as he sighs and runs a hand through his hair.

"I didn't want to wake you up. I didn't mean to make you worried," I step closer to him and wrap my hands around his neck. He leans down and places a kiss on my nose as he rests his hands on my waist.

"Our mating bond is complete. Alex is a worried wolf when you're not in his sight," Cole mumbles as he places a kiss on my neck.

"Just Alex?" I ask softly and I feel him smile against my mark.

"I love you. Don't ever leave me," He whispers in my ear softly.

"I love you too," I reply back and he lifts his head to look at me.

"So should I put a ring on it for everyone to back off and know you're mine in every way possible?" Cole asks and I laugh.

"If you're that possessive then sure," I say and he smirks.

"I am. I'll go ring shopping later. Shall we talk to May about Bethany? She's in charge of every person in that pack house," Cole offers and I smile at him.

"Isn't it too early in the morning?" I ask and he shrugs.

"She's always up at four. She sends me all the documents at that time so I'm assuming she's awake. We can wait till later if you want," He says and I nod.

"We'll wait for a few hours. I want us to talk to Bethany as well if she wants to live with us or not. It's her choice," I say and he nods leaning closer to me.

"We should head back to bed for those few hours," He murmurs and I laugh as I push him away.

"I'm going to go and help Hannah cook breakfast for everyone," I say as I take a step back.

"Did I ever tell you you're hot?" He says and I shrug.

"Maybe shout it out loud," I say as I turn around and walk to the front door.

"I HAVE A BEAUTIFUL MATE WHO'S GOING TO BE MY WIFE!" Cole shouts out loud. Really loud.

I gasp and laugh as I turn to look at him. The cell door opens and Liam and a few of the guards step out, looking around confused.

"Do you love me?" Cole asks grinning at me with a wide smile.

"I love you," I say laughing at him as I enter the pack house ignoring the few people running down the stairs wondering why their Alpha was shouting.

I'm happy. I'm free. I'm home.

***

"Good morning, Alpha," May smiles and lowers her head at Cole and she does the same to me as she says good morning again.

"Morning," I smile at her and she smiles back before turning to Cole.

"This way, Alpha," she says and Cole nods as he walks ahead. He grabs my hand and holds it tightly as we follow May to her office.

"LUNA!" Bethany shouts and waves at me as she comes out of the kitchen with a small plate of pancakes.

I drop Cole's hand and smile as she runs towards me with her plate. I kneel down and she grins up at me as she stops in front of me.

"Food," She says as she pushes her plate out and shows me.

"Hey Bethany," Cole says above me and Bethany smiles while looking at the ground.

"Alpha," She says with respect and Cole chuckles and he turns back to May.

"I'll leave Bethany with my mate, while we go and have a talk," Cole says to May who nods and they leave us alone.

I smile at Bethany as she offers her plate to me again.

"Let's go outside. I have a question for you," I say as I hold her plate and stand up. She nods and runs back to the kitchen. I follow her quickly and smile at the other little kids and women and men. They're all eating breakfast.

"Good morning," I say as they all look at me in shock but I follow Bethany out of the kitchen and to the backyard. She runs ahead and I run after her calling her name.

"Bethany! Slow down," I say laughing at her excitement to be outdoors. I watch as the sky brightens up with each step she takes.

How did no one know she's had the power? How long has it been that her parents have died?

Cole, how long has Bethany been an orphan? I mindlink him as Bethany slows down next to a big rock.

Two months why? He replied back.

She's going to be really powerful, I say and he chuckles as I place the plate on the big rock and lift Bethany up to sit next to it. She grins up at me and starts to eat her pancakes.

She is going to be my daughter. Of course she's going to be powerful like me, I hear the smugness in his voice and I laugh as Bethany looks at me weirdly.

I ignore Cole and turn to Bethany.

"Bethany, I have a question for you," I say to her and she nods while biting a pancake.

"Do you want to live with the alpha and me?" I ask her and she furrows her eyebrows and shrugs her shoulders.

"Will you be my new mommy?" She asks as she takes another bite from the pancakes.

"If you want me to be, then yes. Would you like to live with us? You can have any room you want and any colour," I smile at her as she grins brightly. The clouds disappear from the sky and the sun shines.

"I want you to be my mommy," she says, blushing a little as she takes another bite.

"I'd love too," I smile at her just as I hear Cole walking towards us.

"You both walked out far," he says as he walks closer to us.

"Alpha," Bethany lowers her head again and Cole grins at her.

"You've got to stop doing that if you're going to be part of my family," He says and Bethany looks up at him, her eyes wide as she gasps.

"Are you going to be my daddy?" She asks covering her mouth with her hands and ignoring the plate on her lap.

I didn't get this reaction, I mumble to Cole through our link.

He smirks to me and then turns to Bethany who's still in shock apparently.

"Of course. We're going to paint your room and we're going to go shopping for toys. What do you think? Want to go shopping with me for something special?" He asks her and she nods her head eagerly and grinning widely.

She's going to love me more than you, Cole says to me and I roll my eyes at him as he smiles.

"Can we go now?" She asks and Cole nods his head but then frowns.

"What is it?" I ask him as Bethany takes another bite from her pancake and looks at us.

"It's the rogue. He killed himself," Cole mutters to me quietly. I frown.

"Listen, you guys get back inside and I'll come and pick you up later. Spend time with Bethany and May will need your signature on the papers too. I'll be with Liam if you need be but I should be back in a few hours," He says.

I nod as he leans down and kisses me on my lips mumbling a quiet I love you and then turning to Bethany. He kisses her on the hair and says he'll see her later for shopping before he turns around and walks away.

"Bye daddy!" Bethany says loudly, waving at him.

I frown. She needs to love me more than Cole.

Cole laughs as he walks faster and disappears from our view.

"So what do you want to do?" I ask Bethany.

She shrugs her shoulders and looks at the sky.

"Someone is coming," she mumbles to herself.

I frown and look around not noticing anyone.

Kira? I call out in my mind.

On your left. She says and I turn to my left just as Bethany gasps and a man twice the size of me punches me in the face.

I groan as I fall to the floor holding my jaw.

Not a rogue. Something else, Kira says confused.

I stand up again as the huge man chuckles, the tattoos on his face moving with his jaw. I take a step back and hold onto Bethany's legs. I help her slide down the rock as the man tries to punch me again. I block with my right arm and pull a shield of fire around us after I push Bethany away from me.

"Run!" I shout to Bethany who grabs her plate and runs fast.

The fire shield burns brighter as I twist my hand and the man collapses to the ground.

Cole! There's something wrong here! I mindlink him quickly as I drop the shield and notice men running after Bethany. Do they know about her?

I throw my hand out and lift a wall of fire behind her making the two men hesitate before it. Another man appears through the forest and following him are a group of men.

I throw my hand out towards then and twist it, making them collapse from the sudden disappearance of water in their bodies.

I turn back to Bethany who's still running as fast as she can and the few men who run around the shield to catch her.

I throw my hand out again and let my mind do its job. I burn them. I see their bodies on fire before they can reach her and my flame listens to the command from my mind.

"Enough playing," someone whispers into my mind before something is sprinkled onto my eyes and I feel numb.

I feel empty as my eyes close and darkness surrounds me.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
Question- which country would you like to visit?

[I think the next chapter is my favourite because I missed all this in the original book. I didn't write anything about Cole getting close to Bethany. Truthfully speaking this book was hard to write. Every chapter was so short so I had to add so many things and at one point I realised (when I wrote 15 chapters I took a break. Then went back to it) I nearly wrote two of the same things(the two Luna parties.sp I just made Skylar think it felt like deja vu. It was actually hard to write this but I feel so proud of it now]

^

Appreciation post for myself lol

[Bethany running for her life up there^]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

274K 8.7K 64
⭐Highest rank: #194 in Werewolf on 20/06/2020 ⭐#1 in projectwerwolves ⭐Featured in the @Werewolf profile under Werewolf Romance [Completed on: 13 Jul...
554K 17.1K 31
In a world of the supernatural, there lived many species who once existed together in harmony. As time progressed, so did the tension between the spe...
1M 42.5K 33
-COMPLETED- ~3 Years BEFORE Luna Hana~ The running never bothered her - she had run her entire life. From what? Nothing in particular...at least no...
253K 5.9K 27
Clarity is the Daughter of one of the biggest packs in America.. the Blue Mountain Pack. Her brother is the next Alpha in line and is overly protecti...