Home (A Jax Teller/ Sons Of A...

De ree_louise

I freeze at the sound of the all to familiar woman's voice, a voice I haven't heard in twelve years. I swallo... Mai multe

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Epilogue

Chapter 14

24K 467 3
De ree_louise

Three Weeks Later
I pull up out front of my house and turn the engine off of my loaned car off. Wayne totalled the other car and I don't have enough money to buy a new one. Gemma offered to buy me a new one but I refused, wanting to pay for it myself. So instead she loaned a car for me while I look around for a new one. I grab my purse and papers from the car and get out, making my way to the front door. As I pull out my keys I hear the sound of a car pulling up and I turn to see Tara pull up in the driveway.

I unlock the door and walk inside, leaving it open for her to come in. I walk down the hall and into the kitchen, hearing the front door shut behind her. I hear her footsteps as I kick off my heels and dump the papers onto the table. I turn around and see her looking at me.

"What's up Doc?" I ask, wondering why she's here.

She holds up a plastic bag with a sample cup inside, "HIV Test, you're over due."

I sigh and shake my head, walking over and taking it from her. I walk towards the bathroom and quickly do it, wanting to get it over and done with. I seal the cup and walk back out to Tara, holding the cup out to her, "My pee."

She chuckles and takes it off of me when I hear a bike pull up out front. Both of our eyes widen as we look at each other, "What is he doing here?" She asks, her voice slightly panicked.

I sigh and run my fingers through my hair, "He's been coming around a lot since the accident, checking up on me."

"I didn't know he did that." She says, her tone clipped.

I roll my eyes, "There's nothing to worry about, clearly he's chosen you." I say.

The same old tension that's been between us over the years rears its ugly head. I hear the doorbell ring and I turn to her, "I'll handle it, you just hide that." I say, pointing to my urine sample.

I turn and walk down the hallway towards the front door. I open it up and Jax looks at me confused, "Hey." I say.

"Is that Tara's car out front?" He asks and I turn and walk down the hall, "Yeah."

"Why is she here?" He asks, following me.

I walk into the lounge room and she stands there, her face composed, "I was just checking up on her, seeing if everything's healed."

"I thought you said you were alright?" Jax says, looking at me in concern.

"I am, the Doc can't seem to wrap it around her head." I say, turning to Tara and giving her a look to go along with it.

She looks at me for a moment before narrowing her eyes on cue, "Well you know me, I always make sure I do a thorough job." She says perfectly.

I cross my arms and roll my eyes, looking away from her. Jax looks between the two of us confused and Tara turns to him, "Well I guess I'll see you later tonight?"

He shakes his head, "No, I can't I got a wrap party at Cara Cara tonight."

"Well can I come?" She asks, batting her eyelashes.

"I don't think that that's a good idea babe." He says and I see her instantly become angry.

I realise how uncomfortable I am but I can't walk away. She glares at him before stalking over to the couch and grabbing her purse. She exchanges a look with me before storming out of the house, slamming the door behind her. I bite back a laugh and I turn to see Jax looking at me confused.

I stifle a chuckle, "Wow, you're in big trouble."

"I'm always in trouble." He says, sitting down on the lounge.

I chuckle and sit down beside him, settling back into the couch, "So did she say everything was okay?" He asks, looking at me in concern.

My smile fades and I look down at my hands, "Yeah, bruises have healed up nicely."

"Well that's good, how's the car hunting going?" He asks and I shrug my shoulders, "I haven't found anything yet. I've been really busy at work and sorting out the insurance for accident and shit."

"Need any help?" He asks, his baby blue eyes on me.

I shake my head, "I got it covered."

"Well did you want to go to the wrap party tonight?" He asks, his eyes sparkling.

I look at him with a raised eyebrow, "Didn't you just say Tara couldn't come?" I ask.

"Yeah, she hates Cara Cara. I don't want her stuck at a party she'll hate." He explains and I shake my head at his stupidity.

"What?" He asks.

I look up at him, "She's your girl Jax."

"Yeah I know." He says like it's obvious.

"Maybe you should start treating her like it." I say and he looks at me confused, "I do."

I tilt my head, "Not enough. You're always either with the club or with me lately. She needs you Jax and as much as I hate to say it, you need her. Don't take me to this wrap party, take her."

He gives me a long look and I know he must be surprised by my words, I am too. Despite everything between us, I've been really grateful for everything Tara has done for me since the incident. She's been checking up on me and making sure that I'm fine. I'm still angry with her about everything to do with Jax, however after all that she's done for me it's hard to be quite so mad at her.

Suddenly Jax's phone begins to ring and he looks away from me and answers his phone, "Yeah?", I hear someone talking and he rolls his eyes, "Alright I'll be right there."

He hangs up the phone and looks at me, "I gotta go."

I nod my head, "Alright."

He leans forward and places a kiss on my cheek, and I wince at his touch, "I'll come by later Darlin'." He says, looking at me weirdly.

I nod my head and he stands up and I follow him down the hall. He opens the door and he begins to walk to his bike when I call out, "Jax!"

He turns and looks at me, "Think about what I said."

He looks at me for a moment before putting on his helmet and driving away. I walk down the stone path towards my mailbox, knowing I haven't checked it today. I open it up and see some letters as well as a large envelope. I look at it confused and walk inside, staring at the large yellow package. On the front is written Emily Carter, Confidential in barely legible hand writing. I walk inside and close the door, walking down towards my living room.

I dump the other letters on the table and turn over the large one, tearing at the backaging. I look inside and see a brown paper shopping bag. On the front of the bag is written Sherman's Men's Store. I cock my eyebrow in confusion and open it up, pulling something out. When I get a good look at it I freeze on the spot, the breath knocked out of me. In my hands I hold a plain white full head mask, the exact same one from that night.

I feel my hands begin to shake as unwanted memories come back and I toss it onto the table. I try to take calming breathes but it doesn't work. I knew there was a chance of them coming back, I just didn't think it would be so soon. I look at the bag and grab it, reading over the name of the shop. I grab my laptop and search up the address, my fingers drumming impatiently on my dining table as I wait for the page to load. Eventually the page comes up and I see that it's in the main street of charming.

I quickly write down the address and grab the mask, slipping it into the back. I slip my shoes on and make my way out to my car. I toss the bag onto the passenger seat and quickly pull out of the driveway, speeding my way into town. I squeeze the steering wheel tightly, my knuckles turning white. Anxiety riddles me as I draw closer to the answers. I turn onto the Main Street and search for a parking spot, easily finding one at this time of day.

I grab my phone and the paper bag, making my way towards the store fronts. I look along the addresses and slow down when I see the right one. Instead of it being Sherman's, it's a new store. The sign above reads Impeccable Smokes Cigars. I stare at it confused until I see a man turn the corner of the window, cleaning supplies in hand. He looks up at me and I freeze, recognising him instantly as the man that threatened the club at Bobby's homecoming.

"You looking for Sherman's? They closed last month. Hope it wasn't a return." The man says, nodding at the bag.

I turn away from him and make my way back to my car, hundreds of thoughts running through my brain. As I go to cross the street a man walking from his car steps in front of me, blocking me off. I look at him and realise he's the man from the party. I look him over but freeze at the base of his neck, seeing a tattoo. A tattoo with the red circle and black markings, the tattoo that's been haunting my dreams for the past three weeks.

"Sorry Mam." He smiles politely.

He walks by me and I'm frozen on the spot, too shocked to move. I turn and see him embrace the man from the shop before they walk inside. I look around for a moment before walking back to the car, quickly getting in. I look down at the bag in my hand and grab out the mask, biting my lip anxiously. Swallowing my pride, I put the mask back in the bag and turn the car on.

I drive down the familiar streets until I pull up at the station, parking my car out front. I grab the bag and make my way into the station, my hands by my side. A woman at the front desk looks up at me as I enter and I walk towards the counter, "I was wondering if Chief Unser was in?" I ask.

"He's just stepped out, but he will be back in twenty minutes." The woman says, looking down at her paperwork.

"That's fine, I'll just wait for him." I say and she nods her head, still not looking up from the paperwork.

I turn and take a seat on one of the chairs and stare the wall, crossing my legs. I bounce my foot impatiently, chewing on my thumbnail as I think. It was him, the guy that gave me the message to give to Jax and the others. It was also the same man from the party, that threatened Clay about dealing in Charming. They must have thought that if they got to me, that they could get to the club.

"Emily?"

I look up and see Hale standing there, looking at me confused, "What're you doing here?" He asks, his hands placed on his hips.

I give him a forced smile, "Hey David, I'm just waiting for Wayne." I explain, wishing he'd hurry up and get here.

"He's out at the moment, is there anything I can help you with? I heard about the accident." He says, offerings his apologies.

I shake my head, "No I'm fine David but thank you."

"Well I'm glad you're okay. When I heard I got worried-" He begins when he's interrupted.

"Emily?" I turn and see Wayne standing there, looking between the two of us, "What're you doing here?"

"I need to speak with you." I say, conveying the seriousness in my eyes.

He looks at me before nodding, "Of course, come this way." He says, gesturing towards his office.

"It was good seeing you Emily." Hale says and I turn to face him, "You too David."

Wayne leads me to his office and closes the door behind us, "What is it honey?" He asks as he walks to his seat.

I toss the bag onto his desk and take a seat, looking at him anxiously. He looks confused at the bag before grabbing it and looking inside, pulling out the mask. He looks up from it at me, "You preparing early for Halloween?" He asks.

"That's what they were wearing." I say and he continues to look confused, "Who?" He asks.

I just give him a look and his face turns from confused to horrified, "Oh Jesus."

"Someone dropped it in my mailbox today in the Sherman's bag." I explain, sitting back in my seat.

He runs his hand over his face, "They're just trying to rattle you." He says before looking at the bag.

He lifts it and reads the writing, "Sherman's? Holy shit, Zobel."

"Is that his name?" I ask, finally able to put a name to the shop man.

He nods his head, "Yeah, new suit in town. He's wealthy and has a lot of connections. He's a one of those Nazi freaks like Darby." He explains, naming the town meth dealer.

I shake my head, it all coming together now, "I guess it makes sense." I mutter, thinking of Zobel's message.

"What does?" He asks.

I shake my head, "Nothing."

He looks at me, "I don't know how to help you Emily." He says.

I tilt my head to the side as tears well up in my eyes, "All I can do is my job. And I promise, I'm not going to let anything else bad happen to you."

I nod my head and wipe my eyes, "Yeah, okay." I whisper.

I stand up and make my way around the desk, wrapping my arms around him. He feels surprised at first but solely he wraps his arms around me and hugs me back. The door opens and we turn to see one of his officers standing there, "Erickson's on line three."

He nods his head and faces me, "I gotta take this."

I nod my head, "I'll see you later." I say, placing a quick kiss on his cheek.

I walk out of his office and the station, getting into my car. I drive back towards my house, so much running through my mind. I park in my driveway and make my way inside, getting ready for bed. I throw on one of Matthew's shirts and crawl into bed, turning off the light instantly. I lay in the dark and stare at the ceiling, wondering what the hell in gonna do. I decide to not deal with it tonight and instead, go to sleep. I close my eyes and wish for a dreamless sleep, however like always, I'm never going to be that lucky.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

76.4K 2.9K 50
| Happy Lowman x OC - completed | Sunshine. That's how they, her family and friends, called Cassie Connor most of the time. With her brunette hair...
74.4K 1.9K 15
Cora Myers thought she knew what the world was about, her confined life inside a strict religious family made her think that the world was like she w...
131K 3.1K 18
Sonia Winston knows nothing but the SAMCRO life. Her father was part of the first nine and her brother is seasoned member of the Sons of anarchy bik...
147K 2.8K 28
Libby Parker is running from her past. Granted, she's only seventeen ( almost eighteen) While she's running, she runs smack dab right into Charming...