Home (A Jax Teller/ Sons Of A...

By ree_louise

I freeze at the sound of the all to familiar woman's voice, a voice I haven't heard in twelve years. I swallo... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Epilogue

Chapter 13

24.1K 489 18
By ree_louise

A sound of banging startles me awake and pain radiates all over my body. I look around confused and realise where I am. Memories from last night come back and I feel myself begin to shake at the images, panic overcoming me. I vaguely hear yelling and I look towards the door.

"Emily? Are you on there?!" A familiar voice calls out.

I feel tears slide down my face, "Wayne?!" I call out brokenly.

I hear gunshots and I pull the blanket that's been placed over me around me tightly. I continue to shake as I see Wayne step into view, his wide eyes taking in my position.

"Oh my god." He whispers.

"Get me out of here." I plead, letting out a sob.

He rushes over and helps me up and I hiss in pain, feeling it mostly down below. He wraps the blanket tightly around me, grabs my clutch and leads me outside. I see my car parked beside his outside as he eases me into the passenger seat of the car. I hold the blanket tightly around me, nothing but my bra on underneath. He gets into the car and he starts it up, quickly driving away from the warehouse. I stare out the windscreen numbly, knowing he must have hundreds of questions to ask me.

I look over at him as he stares out the windscreen and I decide to ask him, "How'd you know I was there?" I ask, no emotion in my voice.

"Heard on the radio. Recognised the description of the car." He explains quietly.

I shake my head, "Anonymous tip?"

He glances over at me and nods his head, "Yeah."

I look away out at the window again, too many thoughts flying through my head.

"You got give me something Emily." He says.

I look outside and am confused as to where he's taking me, "Where're you going?" I ask.

"Saint Thomas." He states and I feel myself begin to panic, "No."

"I got to get you to the hospital." He says and I shake my head, "No hospitals."

The car jostles and pain flares up, causing me to whimper. Wayne looks exacerbated, "Well. What am I supposed to do here Emily? Hmm?" He asks and I think of only one option and I hate myself for it.

"Pass me my clutch." I instruct.

He reaches to the floor and hands it over to me and I rifle through it, pulling my phone out. I unlock it and look through the contacts, remembering Gemma made me put it in incase something happened with Abel. Reluctantly I dial the number and place the phone to my ear, groaning in pain. I hear the phone ring and I wait for her to pick up.

"Hello?" She asks once she picks up.

"Don't say anything okay? It's Emily and I need your help. Meet me at my house and bring your medical kit, it's an emergency. And whatever you do don't tell Jax where you are going." I say.

She remains quiet and I shake my head, "You know I wouldn't be calling you if this wasn't an emergency."

I wait for her to speak and eventfully she does, "I'll be right there."

I hang up the phone and drop it to the floor, leaning back in my seat, "Take me home Wayne."

He turns a corner and begins the drive back to my house, remaining quiet all the way. He pulls up in the driveway and he grabs my keys from my clutch. He goes to the door and opens it, turning on a light before making his way back to the car. He opens the door for me and eases me out of the car and into the house. We walk into my bedroom and he turns the light on, walking me over to the bed.

He grabs my dressing gown from behind the door and I direct him to my underwear draw. He passes them to me and steps out as I dress myself. It takes a lot of effort but eventually I'm dressed. I push myself up from the bed and open the door, him waiting patiently for me. He leads me to my lounge room and sets me down gently when the door bell rings. He walks down the hallway and soon I hear them making their way to the lounge room. Tara looks around until her eyes land on me and widen.

"Thank you for coming." I say quietly.

She remains quiet as she takes a seat beside me, Wayne remaining standing. She looks at me, "Do you mind?" She asks, gesturing to my face.

I nod weakly and she gently reaches for my face, turning to face her. The movement hurts and I hiss, causing her to mumble an apology. She reaches into the kit and grabs some gauze and a bottle of antiseptic. She places some of the gauze and begins to dab at the cuts on my face, a stinging sensation hurting me. I can't bear to look her in the eye as she helps me, but I need to know something.

"Did Jax see you leave?" I ask eventually.

She pauses for a moment before speaking, "I told him it was the hospital."

She looks at me seriously, "You need to tell me what happened so I can help you."

I still can't look at her, "Use your imagination." I mutter bitterly.

Wayne steps forward, "Maybe we should let her rest awhile." He suggests.

Tara looks at him, "We should get her to the hospital."

"No!" I say, finally looking at her.

"I can't treat you in your living room." She argues and I shake my head, "I'm gonna have to check in, insurance and shit. Everybody will know." I say, looking away in shame.

She remains quiet for a moment, "We'll get you dressed, I'll go home and pick up Abel. We'll sign you in and say we're running some more tests." She suggests.

I shake my head, "I don't think that'll fly, besides you could get fired for that." I state.

"We'll figure it out." She says, beginning to pack up her things.

I look at her, "Promise me you won't tell anyone." I ask.

"Emily-" She begins.

"Promise." I repeat more forcefully.

"We gotta tell Jax." Wayne says and Tara tenses up beside me.

I shake my head, "Not Jax. Not Gemma, no one." I say, looking at him.

"Fine." He says angrily and I look at Tara. She shakes her head, "I won't say anything." She promises.

She packs the bag and stands up and walks to Wayne, "They're gonna see her face." She states.

"I know. Stay with her." He says before he walks out the door.

I stare down at my wrists and see the red marks from the cuffs. I feel my bottom lip begin to tremble as Tara takes a seat beside me once more. She hesitantly reaches out before placing her hand over mine, giving it a comforting, gentle squeeze. I can't look at her but I don't remove my hand from hers, relishing in the comforting contact.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tara pulls up in front of Jax's house and I'm grateful to see his bike gone, though Neeta's car is here.

"Damn it." I whisper.

She looks at me before I climb out of the car and make my way towards the house with her. I take a deep breath before opening the door and walking in. I hear Neeta in the kitchen but ignore her as I make my way to Abel's room. I hear Tara speak with her before I walk in and see Abel sitting up. I smile sadly at the boy before I reach down and pick him up, holding him tightly to my body. I place a gentle kiss on his forehead as I make my way to the door.

I walk back out into the hallway and I see them both looking at me. Neeta doesn't say anything and I realise Tara must have said something to her to shut her up. I walk past them and out towards the car, placing Abel in his seat. I climb into the front while Tara gets into the driver's seat. We drive to Saint Thomas with Neeta following close behind in her own car.

As we pull up in the parking lot Tara turns to me, "You need to keep your head down okay? We don't need any attention."

I nod my head and get out as we grab Abel and make our way into the hospital. Neeta meets us at the door and carries Abel. I keep my head down like I'm instructed and soon enough we reach an examination room.

"I'll be right back. I've got to grab some supplies." Tara explains before handing me an examination gown, "Dress in this."

I nod my head and Tara takes Neeta and Abel with her before closing the door behind her. I busy myself with getting dressed, wanting this to be over as soon as possible. I sit on the examination chair and lay back, waiting for Tara to come back. The door opens and I look up to see Tara walk in with some supplies and her white coat.

She pulls a table over and places the supplies on it before turning to me, "Place your feet in the stirrups."

She pulls on gloves and I lift my feet up into the stirrups. She grabs something and turns a light on up above, shining it towards under the gown. The begins the examination and I look up to the ceiling, completely humiliated. Eventfully she steps back and turns the light off and I look at her.

"There's a number of small tears, there's nothing that won't heal on its own." She says, pulling the gloves off.

She offers me her hand and I take it, her pulling me up into a sitting position, "I'll start you on antibiotics right away." She says and I look at her confused.

"It's standard to treat for chlamydia and gonorrhoea until the test results are back." She says and I look at her worried.

She reaches forward and pulls the tape off of my cut and begins to clean it, "You should get a plastic surgeon to look at this." She murmurs.

"I've been hit before." I state and she looks taken aback.

She reaches up and puts a bandage over the cut and I hear a knock at the door. Tara opens it and I hear Wayne's voice, "Sorry Doctor, but I need a word with Emily."

"Let him in." I say, looking towards the door.

He pushes the curtain out of the way and takes in the gown, "Oh sorry." He mumbles.

"What is it?" I ask, ignoring his embarrassment.

"Jax is here." He states.

Anger flares though me, "You son of a bitch." I hiss.

"I told him you were in a car accident." He states and I look at him confused, "What?"

"I ran your car into a concrete barrier out front a utility shed." He says and I look at him angrily, "Take my head off if you want, I didn't see any other way to do this." He says and I sigh.

"He don't know nothing else." He states.

"I'll go talk to him." Tara offers and I shake my head, "I don't want to see him yet."

"Actually, they're all here. Gemma, Ope..." He admits and sigh, "Jesus Christ. Is there anyone you didn't tell?" I ask angrily.

Tara looks between the two of us, "I'll handle it." She says, turning and walking out the door.

"Maybe I should help her." Wayne says turning to leave but I grab his arm, stopping him from going.

My heart pounds in my chest as I look at him, "This wasn't about me."

"What do you mean?" He asks confused,

"Those animals that did it, was to hurt Jax and the club. Anyone finds out, they win. I can't let that happen." I state, remembering the man's threat.

"Whose they honey?" He asks, looking at me seriously.

I look at him for a moment before looking away, "That doesn't matter."

He looks at me for a moment before walking out of the room, leaving me to my thoughts. I feel the tears begin to fall down my face and I bury my head in my hands, letting out silent sobs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I reach down and pull on my shoe, my body protesting against the movement. The door opens and I look up to see Gemma standing there, with Clay not too far behind.

"Oh baby." She whispers, kneeling down beside me.

"How're you feeling?" Clay asks.

"Sore, but fine." I say, trying my best to not break down again.

"No more midnight driving sessions alright?" Clay says jokingly and I let out a weak chuckle, "I promise."

"You ready to go home baby?" Gemma asks, brushing my hair away but I recoil from her touch.

"I'm sorry, I guess I'm a little jumpy. I think there's a few more X-rays they've got to run, I'll get a lift home with Ope later." I lie.

She looks at me questioningly, "I can wait." She says but I shake my head, "No I'm fine, you both go."

She looks at me unsurely as Clay nods, "Okay Darling, we'll see you later."

I nod my head and Gemma stands, "Call me if you need me baby." She whispers and I nod my head.

Clay walks out while Gemma gives me one last look before following him. I let out a shaky breath and quickly wipe at my eyes, not wanting to cry again. The door opens once more and Tara stands there, looking down at me, "You ready to go home?" She asks.

I nod my head and she helps me up out of the chair. We walk down the hallways and elevators until we reach her car. I get in and we drive to my house and she pulls up in my driveway. She helps me inside and settles me into my bed. I lay back against the pillows and let out a groan.

"I have to get back to the hospital but is there anything you need before I go?" She asks, looking at me worried.

"I'm fine." I mutter, wishing I could be alone.

She looks at me unsurely and I roll my eyes, "Look I'm grateful for everything you've done, I really am. But this doesn't change anything between us." I state.

"Emily-" She begins but I cut her off.

"Tara, if things change between us then Jax will know something's up." I say and she closes her mouth.

I look at her, "Look, maybe I won't be a rude to you anymore, not hate you as much as I do. But by no means are we friends, okay? Things haven't changed."

She looks at me for a moment before nodding her head, "Okay."

"Okay." I say.

She looks at me for a moment before turning and making her way out of the house. I hear the car start off and soon it drives away. I feel the painkillers begin to take hold and I lay back on the bed, closing my eyes and falling into some much needed sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stir at the sound of the doorbell, looking around the room. I look towards the bay window and see that it's night outside. The doorbell rings again and I slowly lift myself out of bed, groaning at every movement. I make my to the door and switch on the porch light, opening up the door. Jax uses his hand to lean against the door frame and he looks up at me.

"Oh my god." He whispersas he eyes widen, taking me in.

"It's not that bad." I say, lying to myself and him as he straightens up.

"It looks that bad." He says, reaching for me and I flinch.

He looks at me before lowering his hand, "How'd it happen?" He asks.

Memories of masks and cuffs spring to mind but I push them away, focusing on the lie, "I was feeling sleepy and I closed my eyes for a second and next thing I know my car is smashed up."

"How the hell did you end up in the industrial area?" He asks confused.

I quickly think up a lie, "I wasn't quite ready to go home and I decided to go for a drive, I'm not sure why I went there but I did and that's how I ended up there."

He looks at me like he doesn't quite believe me but he doesn't push me any further, "I'm so glad you're okay. When Clay told me, I came over straight away." He explains.

I smile, "Thanks, you didn't have too."

He gives me a look, "You're crazy if you think I wouldn't come running whenever you need me." He says and I feel a flutter in my heart.

But as I look at him, all I can hear is that man's voice. I feel his as well as the other men's hands on me, them inside of me and I nearly fall to the ground right there in front of Jax. As long as I'm living, I'll never tell them what happened. I need to protect SAMCRO, but most importantly I need to protect Jax. Despite what's going on, I'd do anything to protect him. It's too much having him in front of me, reminding me of everything that's happened and I just want him to go.

I keep my composure as much as I can, "I'm pretty beat, I think I might go and rest." I say suddenly.

"You alright?" He asks, giving me a look.

I quickly nod my head, "Mmhmm, I'm just exhausted." I lie.

He looks at me for a moment before nodding, "Okay, I'll come round tomorrow to check on you." He says and I nod my head, "Okay."

"Night Ems." He says quietly.

"Night Jax." I say quickly.

I shut the door in his face and wait to hear him ride off. When he does I don't hold back the tears and I sink to the ground, letting out everything I've been holding back for the past day. I remember the man's threat about coming back and I know, to protect Jax I'd go through it all over again. I love him and I'll always make sure that he is safe, no matter what it costs me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

300K 5.6K 42
My parents split when I was a little girl. My father gained custody of me but in the light of his passing I have been sent to my home town. Forced to...
250K 4.8K 41
"What do you want me to do huh?!" He yelled, even his aggressive side was attractive in a weird way "I want you to see that I love you and you love m...
41.2K 2K 24
| Jax Teller x OC | After Jax made the decision to leave Abel in Ireland with the couple who had adopted his son, his life took a completely differen...
8.4K 276 27
What if Jax Teller didn't die on the day he was planning to take his own life via semi-truck collision like his own father did? What if he continued...