The Goddess and the Angel

By TheSophiShow

(Maya) "I mean... there's something but I'm not sure if I like you or if I just want to keep you safe." (Maso... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 - Edited
Chapter 21 - Edited
Chapter 22 - Edited
Chapter 23 - Edited
Chapter 24 - Edited
Chapter 25 - Edited
Chapter 26 - Edited
Chapter 27 - Edited
Chapter 28 - Edited
Chapter 29 - Edited
Chapter 30 - Edited
Chapter 31 - Edited
Chapter 32 - Edited
Chapter 33 - Edited
Chapter 34 - Edited
Chapter 35 - Edited
Chapter 36 - Edited
Chapter 37 - Edited
Chapter 38 - Edited
Chapter 39 - Edited
Chapter 40 - Edited
Chapter 41 - Edited
Chapter 42 - Edited
Chapter 44 - Edited
Chapter 45 - Edited
Chapter 46 - Edited
Chapter 47 - Edited
Chapter 48 - Edited
Chapter 49 - Edited
Chapter 50 - Edited
Chapter 51 - Edited
Chapter 52 - Edited
Chapter 53 - Edited
Chapter 54 - Edited
Chapter 55 - Edited
Chapter 56 - Edited
Chapter 57 - Edited
Chapter 58 - Edited
Chapter 59 - Edited
Chapter 60 - Edited
Chapter 61 - Edited
Chapter 62 - Edited
Chapter 63 - Edited
Chapter 64 - Edited
Chapter 65 - Edited
Chapter 66 - Edited
Chapter 67 - Edited
Chapter 68 - Edited
Chapter 69 - Final - Edited
New book
Important Note

Chapter 43 - Edited

4.8K 143 7
By TheSophiShow

(+3 days) 

I miss him... I know I say this a lot and yet I don't say it as much as I feel it. I miss him every single day and at every fucking second. I miss how we spent our days working out, teasing each other... Kissing...

I miss his lips so bad... I miss the warmth that radiated from them and the butterflies on my stomach every time they came in contact with mine.

I miss him so much and I can't have him anymore... He's gone and for what? For me... He's gone because he put himself in front of a bullet for me... And now I'm miserable... I'm miserable without him.

(Mike) "Maya?" – he snaps me out of my nightmares.

I look at him.

(Mike) "Are you coming out of the car or not?"

I look around and realize that I'm the only one in the car. I take the seatbelt off quickly and I get out. Mike and Liv are going to make the ultrasound and I came with Joe to protect them. Mace wouldn't want anything to happen to any of them but specially to Liv so from now on, I'll be her bodyguard and I'll do anything to keep her safe.

We enter on the hospital and she checks in with Mike near her. Joe and I split up so no one suspects and I follow Mike and Liv close by while Joe does the same, but a few meters behind. Liv and Mike sit in chairs and I sit across from there, in a place where I can watch the two halls.

I take a quick glance at Liv and she's glaring at me like she knows what I'm doing. I smile and wave at her while Mike chuckles.

"Olivia Hale?" – a nurse calls.

They stand and enter on a room that the nurse pointed to them. Joe comes and sits a few minutes later. I nod at him. I look around intently, looking for any signs that may indicate that we have an enemy.

A man looks at me and narrows his eyes like he's trying to see if it's truly me. I divert my glance from him and I look at the wall. I can still feel him looking at me and I'm starting to get worried.

About half an hour later, Liv and Mike come out of the room, smiling and holding two pictures.

(Olivia) "Look, look!" – she shoves the picture in my eyes.

I lean back and I see a picture of a baby. My jaw falls and I get up to hug her.

(Maya) "Congratulations!"

She smiles and I hug Mike. He smiles at me.

(Olivia) "I'm 22 weeks pregnant of a boy!"

(Maya) "I'm so happy for you two." – I smile.

They both show me the biggest grins and we start walking to the exit. I look behind me and I see the same man that was in the waiting room. He's walking in the same direction as we are.
Can it just be a coincidence?

No... I don't believe in coincidences in our line of work...

I look behind me and the guy is still following but he's trying to be discreet even though it's not working.

(Maya) "Mike!" – I whisper-shout.

He looks behind and they both stop.

(Maya) "Take her out of here. I think there's a guy following us."

He looks behind me discreetly and looks back at me, nodding his head.

(Olivia) "No. If he's here for one of us, we should draw him out."

I look at her.

(Maya) "That is too dangerous."

(Olivia) "You'll protect me." – she puts her hand on my shoulder and smiles.

I look at Mike.

(Maya) "Take her out of here and I'll get the guy."

She glares at me again but Mike follows my advice. Luckily we came in separated vehicles so they can go home and we'll go after them. They start walking towards the entrance and I call Joe, because he stayed behind.

(Joe) "Yes?"

(Maya) "Joe, I think we have a follower."

(Joe) "Where?"

(Maya) "Ground floor, west wing. Denim jeans, black t-shirt and green army boots."

(Joe) "Green army?" – he mocks.

(Maya) "...Shut up..."

I hang up and I grab a flier that is on a wall. I look behind me to see Joe at the end of the hall and the guy in the middle of it, completely absent-minded of Joe's presence. I put the flier back in his place and I walk to the man. He notices me and starts walking in the other direction. Joe walks to the guy as well and the guy stops, looking between me and Joe with a scared expression. I stand in front of him.

(Maya) "This can go either two ways. You come with us voluntarily or I'll use the gun I have on my back."

He looks at me terrified and it's actually the first time I've had this effect on someone and it feels amazing.

(?) "I-I'll go..."

Joe puts his hand on his shoulder and guides the way.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

(Maya) "Alright, I'm gonna ask you simple questions and you're gonna answer them."

I pull a chair and I sit on it, but backwards, so my front is leaning on the backrest of the chair. We've tied up the guy on a chair and my dad, along with Joe and Mike are here with me.

(Maya) "What's your name?"

He gulps. He doesn't have to tell us his name; we've already been through his wallet.

(Brian) "Let me go."

(Maya) "No. What's your name?"

He stays quiet.

(Maya) "Okay, moving on... To whom do you work?"

He stays quiet.

(Maya) "I've warned you that this could go down two ways. You're not choosing the first one..."

He bites the inside of his cheek.

(Brian) "If I tell you, he'll kill me."

(Maya) "Okay, a man. But, darling, I'll do much worse if you don't say anything to me."

(Brian) "What are you gonna do? Put lipstick on me? You shouldn't even be in a gang. Gangs aren't for bitches."

I throw my chair to the side and I punch him. His mouth starts bleeding and my hand feels amazing because I've never punched someone this hard.

(George) "Go easy, we want him alive." – he says to me.

I step back a few feet and I put my hands on my hips.

(Brian) "Where did you learn that? Crotchet club?" – he laughs.

I step forward and I put my hands on top of his arms. I start digging my nails on them.

(Maya) "This is nothing compared to what I can do to you. If you work for James, you probably know what he's capable of but I've learnt with him and I've improved my techniques."

He flinches from the pain on his arms. I step back again.

(Brian) "I'd like to see you trying. I'm sure that you're already filled with regrets from punching me." – he smirks.

I crack my knuckles and I punch him, harder this time. His chair falls to the side and more blood comes out of his mouth.

(George) "Damn it!" – he grabs my arm and leads me out of the room.

It's not a room; it's more like a dungeon.

(George) "What the hell is the matter with you?!"

(Maya) "What is the matter with you?! He was chasing Liv! A pregnant woman! Do you think he deserves sympathy?!"

(George) "No! But that doesn't give you the right to kill him!"

(Maya) "I'm not killing him! I'm trying to get information from him! If you don't like my methods then go... take a dive!"

Seriously? Take a dive? Dear lord...

I walk back inside.

(Brian) "A fight with daddy?"

I punch him with my left hand because if I punch him more with my right one, I might break his jaw on the left side. Mike and Joe are still with me on the dungeon but my dad hasn't return, which is the best because if he was gonna criticize my methods than he better not be here.

(Brian) "As good as the right hook."

(Maya) "Would you like to compare them again?"

He starts breathing heavily.

(Maya) "So explain something... Why were you so scared at the hospital and now you're all cocky?"

(Brian) "Because I've realized that you're soft."

(Maya) "Maybe you shouldn't judge someone by its looks."

(Brian) "Yeah... You shouldn't judge me either. I can get out of here in no time."

I start laughing.

(Maya) "If you manage to get out of here when I'm done with you, I'll give you a million dollars." – I say with a serious expression.

(Brian) "What do you mean, done with me?"

I smirk.

(Maya) "You thought I'd just gonna give you punches?"

I grab a knife from the table and I twirl it on my fingers.

(Mike) "Don't you think you're exaggerating a little bit?" – he stands in front of me.

(Maya) "This man was stalking your fiancée and the mother of your baby. You tell me if I'm going too far." – I whisper so the guy doesn't hear.

Mike looks at him and gets out of my way. I walk to Brian and I slide the knife on his arm without making a cut.

(Brian) "Seriously?! Do you have some sort of problem?!"

(Maya) "I do. Are you gonna tell me?"

He looks between me and the knife. I make a small cut on his arm just for warm up and he screams.

(Maya) "Seriously? That was too small for that entire scream."

Now he looks terrified again.

(Brian) "Okay! It's James!"

(Maya) "What else?"

(Brian) "What else what?"

(Maya) "What else do you know?"

(Brian) "Nothing! I'm new!"

(Maya) "But you have to know something more than just his name."

(Brian) "He asked me to follow you. The old members of the Empire gang and to give him news about you."

(Maya) "How long have you been following us?"

(Brian) "Just this once."

I make another cut but bigger this time, making him scream again.

(Brian) "I'm telling you the truth!"

(Maya) "Where is he been hiding?"

(Brian) "I don't know. We meet in another place. I've never been there."

(Maya) "Where is that place?"

(Brian) "In front of your old bar..."

I narrow my eyes.
Why would he meet him there?

(Maya) "You said you're new, how many he recruited?"

(Brian) "Ten, maybe..."

I bite the inside of my cheek...
So, he had about twelve men when I left and then he joined Christopher adding a lot more members...

(Maya) "What do you know about Christopher Hale?"

(Brian) "He's Empire's leader..."

(Maya) "Anything else?"

(Brian) "I heard he's dead."

(Maya) "Have you seen him talking to James?"

(Brian) "James? No..."

He looks down like he knows something else.

(Maya) "What?"

(Brian) "Uh... Nothing."

I cut him on the other arm and he yells.

(Brian) "Okay! James was talking to a man on the other day... I don't know his name or what he looked like."

I put my finger on my chin.
To whom was he talking to? Did he make new friends?

(Brian) "I've told you everything, what are you going to do to me now?"

I look at him one last time before walking out of the room. I climb up the stairs and I get out of the garage. I see my father sitting on a chair by the pool alone. I sit on one next to him.

(Maya) "The guy says he doesn't know anything about Christopher Hale and that he doesn't know where James is. They used to meet in front of my bar and he says that James has been talking to some guy but he doesn't know what he looks like or anything.

(George) "How did you get that information?"

I look at him.

(Maya) "I only made a few cuts on his arms. It was nothing."

(George) "You tortured him."

(Maya) "I did what I had to."

(George) "We could've used other methods."

(Maya) "There are no other methods when it comes to James!"

(George) "There are always other methods!"

(Maya) "Oh yeah! Maybe let him come to us and harm Liv or the baby. Or Tracy or Monica. How will you explain to their husbands that you let James hurt them?!"

He looks to the ground.

(Maya) "Dad... I know that you don't want to hurt anyone or any innocent people but in order to obtain success, you have to sacrifice something..."

Still talking about him makes me want to cry again...

(Maya) "I've accomplished in revenging my mom and Mason was sacrificed for it... We all have to lose something to gain something even bigger..."

(George) "You think the revenge is something bigger than Mason?" – he looks at me.

(Maya) "Never in a million years. He's th- Was the most important thing in my life and I'd never sacrifice him for a revenge." – I correct myself. – "I'm making myself believe that he didn't die in vain so it's not as hard..."

I look to the ground.

(George) "But it's still hard..."

(Maya) "Really hard..." – I whisper.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.5K 1.3K 39
Not mature for the younger audiences. -------------------------------- I don't like explaining my books because when I do I tend to write everything...
1M 20.5K 42
When a young women named Cordelia, find's herself in the new club downtown, she encounters deep family secrets after she parties hard and bumps into...
80.1K 971 58
{EDITING PROCESS} *BOOK ONE OF TWO* When a high school student named Davina Smith faces her senior year after a tragedy in her family, suddenly finds...
193K 5.3K 25
Her hands tangled in his hair while his were beneath her tank top on her sides. They travelled upwards slowly, afraid she would walk away. He took th...