Summer Blue

By MissAshleighDre

In the young hearts of love, friendship, and redemption, Summer Blue unfolds a touching romance. Meet Sage, a... More

Author Note
Prologue One
Prologue Two
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven

Chapter Fourteen

2 0 0
By MissAshleighDre

Chapter Fourteen

Mickey! Mickey! Mickey!

Sage

'I knew it, I knew there was a reason you kept wanting to go back to that town.' My mom let out, her bright smile shining back at me through the phone.

'He isn't the reason, well at least not entirely.' I defended with a smile of my own.

'So, Blue huh? Is he good to you?' she asked, her attention going to the mirror that she had propped the phone up against as she dabbed her lipstick onto her lips.

'Yeah, he really is.' I couldn't help the smile that lit up my face.

'I'm happy for you honey, he seems like a real nice boy, or should I say man now that he's all grown up.' She said bringing her attention back to her phone as she picked it up, rising from her seat as she rustled around the room, 'I've got to go Baby girl, they're calling me, I'm up in five.'

'OK Mom, go kill it and call me when you can?' I wished her luck, rushing to bid her goodbye before she had to hang up.

'I always do, be safe honey and tell your uncle I said hello.' She waved goodbye, blowing a kiss through the phone before the line cut off. Although our calls had been short lately, they always without a doubt lifted a weight from my shoulders knowing that she was doing ok. She was busy, so undoubtedly busy with this tour, but she looked good and happy. Granted she was rushed off of her feet, but she didn't look tired at all.

'Was that Rose, how is she?' Uncle Wade asked as he stepped out of the house and into the evening light of the porch.

'She is doing good; she looks so happy.' I told him, a smile forming on my lips with my words as the idea of my mom being happy brought the same emotion out in me. She had all but put a hold on her career for me, and the second that I was out of school she was agreeing to every and all job that her manager brought up to her. She was enjoying her life, and it was so good to see considering that she had felt so alone since my dad passed away.

'That's good, I saw a clip of her online at one of her shows.' He said settling into the porch swing beside me.

'You did?' I let out, My mom wasn't a huge artist, people always loved her performances but she never had the time to give them many, but now that she had given all her time to the music industry she was on the rise again. People all around the world now listened to her and it was amazing, that was her dream, and it always has been and I loved that for her.

'One of my regulars showed me last night, your dad would be proud of her, he always encouraged her music to the point that they used to sit right here, like you and that Mercer boy sometimes do.' He gave me a gentle smile, a gleam of something shining back at me in his eyes.

'I didn't know that.' I admitted, imagining my mom and dad sitting right here while my mom played for him brought such warmth to my chest.

'You lot have plans for tonight?' he asked, and I took my attention to the direction he had given a gentle nod of his head in, to see Blue and Mickey heading our way.

'Yup, we do.' I said rising from my seat and stuffing my phone into the back pocket of my jeans as the two boys climbed the porch steps.

'Boys.' My uncle greeted the two.

'Sir.' Both Blue and Mickey returned the gesture.

'You'll bring her back in one piece?' Uncle Wade asked with a raised brow.

'Always.' Mickey gave a quick reply, appeasing my uncle's raised brow as Blue slipped his hand into mine, the action grasping my uncle's attention but he didn't say anything about it, and I was thankful for it because I was yet to tell my uncle about me and Blue and that wasn't exactly a conversation that I wanted to have in front of either of the Mercer boys.

'Is it a late one?' he asked turning his eyes back on me.

'Yup, don't wait up.' I told him through a gentle smile.

'Later Wade.' Mickey fired a goodbye, as he scooted himself back down the porch steps.

'Love you, be safe.' I bid my uncle a quick goodbye wanting to get out of there before he had a change of mind and did decide to start asking questions about mine and Blues entwined fingers.

'That's my line.' he fired with an amused smile tugging at the corners of his mouth, and a smile of my own formed at the sight as I all but pulled Blue towards the porch steps. 'Blue!' Uncle Wade called, halting our leave.

'Yeah Sir?' Blue answered, turning back to give my uncle his attention.

'Stop climbing through my darn windows every night, I own a front door.' My eyes went wide at my uncle's words, my heart all but jumping out of my throat as my cheeks burned with the embarrassment that I now felt.

'Erm, yes Sir.' Blue all but stuttered a reply.

'Go on then.' Uncle Wade flicked a nod of his head with the order, a sly smirk tugging at his lips in amusement, and I can bet right now he had enjoyed watching not only me squirm but Blue too.

'Oh my god.' I whispered to Blue with burning cheeks as he pulled me down the steps and towards a chuckling Mickey and by the looks of his amusement, he had heard the entire thing.

'Don't say a fucking word.' Blue fired at Mickey and the mischievous glint that he held in his eyes. In return Mickey held his hands up in the gesture of surrender, his amusement all but pouring from him as we crushed the distance to Blues truck.

'At least you didn't get shot.' I teased, climbing into my seat as Blue held the passenger door open for me.

'There's still time Darlin.' He smirked, nodding his head towards my seatbelt with the silent instruction to put it on, and with my light laughter, he closed the door before making his way around the truck and sliding into his seat.

'So how long has he been sneaking into your room for? Is this a new thing or something you guys have always done?' Mickey asked, slumping his arms over the seat between me and Blue.

'You can't leave well alone, can you?' Blue muttered, enticing a laugh from me as he started up the engine, backing the truck out of his drive.

'Well, I want to know.' Mickey shrugged.

'Just over a week.' I gave in and answered him.

'Darlin, you don't have to give an answer to his prying.' Blue glanced my way before returning his attention back to the road.

'You've been climbing through her window for over a damn week and I'm only finding out now?' Mickey cut in, 'I'm wounded, thought you told me everything Doll.' he let out dramatically.

'You're such a drama queen.' I fired through amusement. 'I've told you before Mickey Mercer, I don't tell you everything.'

'You did with your other boyfriends, what's different now that you're dating Blue?' he asked, settling back in his seat.

'This entire conversation is bugging the hell out of me.' Blue muttered.

'Because this is different, and he is your cousin.' I admitted I didn't mind telling Mickey about everything, I just feel like what happens between me and Blue should strictly stay between me and Blue.

'Doll, I don't give a damn about all that, you could tell me you blew him off in this backseat last night and I'd feel no different to the times you told me about you and Dalton getting...'

'Mickey!' I yelled, cutting him off. My cheeks were now flushed red and they burned so hot that I swear it had me sweating. He had not one ounce of shame and not one care in the world that he was embarrassing the crap out of me right now.

'Fuck's sake man.' Blue huffed out with a click of his tongue, a telltale that he wanted Mickey to shut up as much as I did.

'What? I'm just saying.' He retorted completely unbothered that he had me wishing for the seat to just swallow me whole and take me away from this entire moment right now.

'I'm never telling you anything again.' I all but sent daggers his way, God I could only imagine how beet red my face was right now. 'Please tell me Violet is out with us tonight.' I turned to Blue for an answer because I didn't know how much more of a bored Mickey I could take.

'Picking her up right now Darlin.' He glanced my way with a knowing smile, I guess he felt the same way that I did right now.

'So have you guys done the deed yet?' Mickey couldn't help himself as he fired another question.

'Mickey!' I scolded at his intrusiveness.

'Jesus.' Blue groaned as the truck came to a still. 'Go and get your girl and leave mine alone.' He ordered Mickey so exasperatedly.

'Whatever man.' Mickey waved him off, not a care in the world as he slid out of the truck to do as he was told.

'He doesn't know what boundaries are, does he?' I joked, turning my attention to Blue.

'That's because you haven't given him any.' Blue chuckled, his eyes catching mine as he roamed them over my face. 'You're still blushing.' he teased, causing heat to flush right back into my cheeks again.

'Leave me.' I groaned out, forcing a smirk to tug on his lips.

'Did you actually tell him everything that you and those other guys got up to?' he asked, his eyes boring into mine with his need for my response.

'Yeah.' I admitted with a sheepish bite to my lip.

'How come you never talked to me about things like that?' he asked, and I all but sunk into the seat at his question.

'I don't know.' I lied; I wasn't about to tell him that the reason I never gave him all my dirty little secrets was because I had a huge blooming crush on him. Hell, I think I caught feelings for him the second that I started noticing boys in that way. 'Would you have wanted to know?' I turned the question on him.

'How many guys are we talking?' he asked, prying just like a Mercer would.

'Blue, you don't see me asking about the girls you've been with.' I groaned out, this was a conversation I didn't want to have with him while sat in his truck with an incoming Violet and Mickey.

'No, but I guess my curiosity is getting the better of me, Darlin.' He sent me a sly smile.

'Curiosity about what exactly?' I asked with intrigue to know what it was that he wanted to know.

'My curiosity to know what exactly Mickey was insinuating.' He admitted.

'So what? That translates to you wanting to know if I told Mickey my sexual history?' I asked, not sure I was understanding his all but cryptic responses.

'I guess yeah.' He agreed and I eyed him, he was deadly serious, the need to know was all but seeping from him.

'Yeah, Mickey knows all of that.' I told him honestly. 'If you start asking me to relay what I've shared with him, then I'm hitting you with the silent treatment.' I added, enticing light laughter to fall from his lips.

'Baby, you don't have to worry about that, I don't want to know.' He said through his amusement.

'You sure? because the story of how I lost my virginity is a good one.' I teased, earning a raised brow from him. 'I'm joking.' I laughed at the expression on his face. 'Sort of.' I muttered; I wasn't even lying because that turned out to be a massive regret.

'Fuck me I wish I never asked the damn question.' he groaned with a shake of his head.

'I'm playing with you Blue.' I grinned his way.

'Yeah well quit, you're only making the curiosity grow.' He retorted as the back door opened up and in slid a bubbling Violet, and an overly happy Mickey.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.9K 1.2K 52
Adalynn Cooper decided to visit her Nina (mother's mother) for the summer. It was supposed to be relaxing and chill but it didn't turn out that way...
155 38 9
Have you ever had to watch your guy best friend the guy you not so secretly love, fall in love, 11 times over? But it's fine cause you're popular an...
57 7 11
Bailey Ashford is a friendless 16-year-old who just graduated high school. Lonely and feeling cheated out of her teenage years, Bailey dreads her las...
112K 3.8K 38
Callie and Blake, two people that go to the same high school but don't run in the same circles...Blake is everything Callie hates in a person...he is...