Crossed The Line ☆ Project Se...

By Aikayimi

A Ruikasa fanfic about Rui bullying Tsukasa but eventually... Falling in love. ☆ I was getting my hopes up un... More

Chapter 1 ~ Kamiyama High? Kamiyama Hell.
Chapter 2 ~ Just Having Lunch Isn't Easy
Chapter 3 ~ The Dare
Chapter 4 ~ Conflict
Chapter 5 ~ 'Weirdo'
Chapter 6 ~ Apologies and Uncertain Hearts
Chapter 7 ~ The Unexpected Confession
Chapter 8 ~ Unspoken Secrets
Chapter 9 - Untangling Ties
Chapter 10 ~ From Shadows To Light
Chapter 11 ~ Threads of Uncharted Hearts
Chapter 12 ~ Strange Realization
Chapter 13 ~ Secret Discovered
Chapter 14 ~ Promises
Chapter 15 ~ The Spread of the Secret
Chapter 16 ~ Betrayal (?)
Chapter 17 ~ Shattered Trust
Chapter 18 ~ Between the Silence
Chapter 19 ~ Mending Ties
Chapter 20 ~ From Friendship to More
Chapter 21 ~ Double Date
Chapter 22 ~ Theme Park Surprise
Chapter 23 ~ Accident.
Chapter 24 ~ Unpleasant Memories
Chapter 26 ~ The Ray of Hope
Chapter 27 ~ Reunion
Chapter 28 ~ Renewed Bonds
!!READ!!
Read (again :33)
Chapter 29 ~ Beneath the Workbooks
Chapter 30 ~ Revisiting that Day
Chapter 31 ~ Any Leads?

Chapter 25 ~ Hope

879 20 110
By Aikayimi

A pretty much useless chapter but whatever

guys help should I pull for portray yourself Ena set-

I have like 3k rn and I still have to use some for energy bonus for tiering (current rank: 9xx)

I think i might (if i grind) get 9k in time but is it even worth it ;-;

Anyway this chapter is useless now just read it

Spoiler: no one is waking up yet

I groaned, in the most quiet way possible, entering the gates of the school. It was the first day after summer break.

I didn't want to go to school.

Not without Tsukasa.

Just as I took one step inside, everyone I walked past stayed quiet and were giving me side eyes. Just like before. Just like when I was in middle school. But the reason is different, it's not because I'm a weirdo, not because I'm the genius who skips every class.

Because of what happened two weeks ago.

I sighed, ignoring the people around me. Some were talking, and some were giving me sympathetic looks. I couldn't care less anyway.

I mean, who wouldn't know? It was everywhere on the news. Online, in the newspapers. Everywhere. Everyone knows what happened that day, and how there wasn't a driver.

I knew this would happen, and I prepared myself for it, but it still is uncomfortable.

I had no intention to go to class... So I went up to the rooftop, filled with a lot of different, good and bad memories.

I sat down in front of the fence.

There was only one thing I knew right now.

I miss Tsukasa.

Suddenly the door to the rooftop opened with a creak. A voice was heard. "Oh? This sure does remind me of the rooftop moments in middle school."

I don't need to turn around to know who it is. I've been hearing that voice since middle school. "...What are you doing here, Mizuki?"

They didn't answer my question. "Everyone knows what happened."

I sighed. "I know."

"So you do." They said, sitting beside me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked again.

"I knew you'd be here. I mean, where else would you be?" They said, still not answering my question.

I decided to ask them myself. "Were you finding me?"

They rolled their eyes, "Isn't it obvious? You didn't even reply to my messages for A WHOLE WEEK."

I shrugged. "Well, I was busy."

"Busy what?" They snapped, "Busy staying in your room every second?"

"You aren't wrong about that." I said, "I... I just didn't want to talk to anyone."

They sighed, "I mean, it's pretty understandable... One of the people you enjoy being with the most just fell in a coma..."

I stayed quiet.

"The pain must be unimaginable, am I right?" Mizuki looked at me, hoping for an answer.

"I'm going through it." I replied simply.

"I have a feeling you're blaming yourself." They said, crossing their arms.

"I mean... If I didn't chase after the cat... Everything could've been prevented." I looked at them, "So, it is my fault."

"And so you've been stuck in your room thinking about that for the whole week?" Mizuki asked, although they already knew the answer.

"Yeah." I admitted.

"Rui. If it's anyone's fault it's probably the driver." They said.

"There was no driver, Mizuki."

"Has the genius gone dumb or something?" They looked at me, sounding frustrated. "You know a truck doesn't move on its own. It's impossible. Someone must be controlling it in some way."

"Oh, so tell me who drove it, then." I snapped.

"How do I know? I'm not the police." They said, "The point I'm making is, It's not your fault. It's the driver's. Who or whatever they are. So stop blaming yourself."

"I just want him to wake up, that's all..." I mumbled.

"Everyone does. I promise you, Tsukasa-senpai is already trying his best to wake up for all of us. Especially his sister and... You."

I know Mizuki was trying to be reassuring, but I was still as devastated as ever.

They sighed, "I understand why you feel like that, Rui. I would feel the same if it was Ena. But... We'll just have to wait."

"Wait, huh..." a sad smile appeared on my face, "I guess so, then."

"I guess I'll go back to class, then. I needed to catch up with English. Bye, Rui!" They said, standing up and going.

"Bye, see you later." I said with almost no emotion, "Thanks, though."

"You're welcome!" They said cheerfully, as I saw them skip down the stairs.

~

The doorbell rang as soon as I picked up my pen to do the homework. I was home alone for now, since my mom had to go buy some groceries. I rushed downstairs and yelled, "Coming!"

I looked out from the hole in the door. There were two people. One was a tall boy with bicolored hair, half dark blue and half light blue. I'm certain I've seen him in school before. The other was someone I've never talked to, never seen, yet I recognised her. It's not that hard to guess, really. Plus, I've heard of her thousands of times.

"Wait, why - and how - are you here?" I said, puzzled, while opening the door. "How do you know where I live in the first place-?"

The pair who stood at the doorway was none other than the person who looked up to Tsukasa, and Tsukasa's own sister - Aoyagi Toya and Tenma Saki.

"Well... I have Onii-chan's phone, and I... guessed his password." Saki looked a bit guilty. "I found your address in the chats. I asked Emu first... But she doesn't seem to know, so I had to use this way."

"And I followed Saki-san here, since I was eager to know as well." Aoyagi said politely.

I sighed, it is true anyone could've guessed Tsukasa's password. I saw him entering it on his phone once, and it was his birthday. "So you went into Tsukasa-kun's phone to find out where I lived?" I asked Saki.

Saki nodded. "Well, yeah. Sorry if this is a bit uncomfortable but, I wanted to know what happened that day. And about your romantic relationship with him, Onii-chan doesn't tell me much. ...May I come in? Just for a while."

Such a stalker... I thought, but I couldn't blame her for that. They both have the right to care about their close ones... And know what happened. I gestured for them to come in and they took off their shoes.

Suddenly, I realized something. I turned towards Saki. "Wait, how'd you know we were in a relationship?"

"Uhm..." She hesitated, "That day when you two argued because of a girl kissing you, he ran home and I saw him feeling upset. So I kind of made him tell me what happened."

Toya's eyes widened a bit. "Wait, hold on. I didn't know this."

"Well, now you do." I said simply.

"Were we not supposed to know?" Saki asked.

"It's just that we made a promise not to tell anyone... But now, thinking of it, almost all our friends already know. It doesn't really matter anymore." I tilted my head, sitting on the coach, "So.... You both wanted to know what happened that day...?"

She nodded, and sat on the coach as well, followed by Aoyagi. "It's fine if you're not comfortable with it, I just wanted to know... I mean, after all, he's my brother."

I took a deep breath.

Now thinking about it, I swear I saw someone driving...

Probably just my imagination...

I brushed the thought away and explained everything I could remember in detail to Aoyagi and Saki.

"It must've been pretty horrible..." She said, with a sympathetic look on her face.

"It was, but... I'll have to accept it until he wakes up..." I said quietly, looking down at the floor then looking at her and Aoyagi, "What about you both? How are things for you?"

"Of course I'm worried." Saki said, as she sighed a bit, "My whole family is, too. And so is Toya-kun. We... All want him to wake up, Kamishiro-senpai."

I stayed silent. What was there I could say, anyway?

Aoyagi stood up after a long moment of silence. "Kamishiro-senpai, me and Saki-san will go now. Thank you for telling us what happened."

"No need to be so formal," I chuckled, went over and opened the door for them, "But you're welcome."

They wore their shoes and headed off as I gave them a small wave.

"Thank you." Aoyagi said again.

"No problem." I replied, locking the door after they've gone.

-

"Tsukasa-kun... Please wake up and come back to us... We all miss you..." I repeated for the millionth time. Did he hear any of it?

I held Tsukasa's hand gently. It's been another whole month of suffering. The doctors say his condition got slightly better, but it was very, very slight. Which means he's still going to be in this state, and the doctor's prediction about Tsukasa being in a coma until he passes away still hasn't changed.

But that tiny, insignificant change still gave me the tiniest bit more of hope.

1467 words

Uhm-

OKAY no no he isn't going to die NO.

Tomorrow is my birthday so I might make kasa wake up in time...

Depends on how much time I have I guess-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91.3K 2K 33
Cover art by me btw 😈😈 IM FAMOUS. 🐺🐺🐺🔥🔥 okay so if you have looked at my other fanfics they are all extremely stupid and not in the slightest...
55.5K 707 20
DISCONTINUED (11 main chapters) this is a trashy story btw. the writing style's horrible, the grammar is worse, it barely has a plot, and the chapter...
1.4K 19 9
As the final semester of 3rd year highschool is almost up, Rui is met with 2 choices. Confess to his crush, and spend the rest of his highschool life...
21.4K 586 27
All teens break in a time of their life, but Tsukasa crumbled. OR Tsukasa falls asleep during a show and Rui looses control of his anger and beats T...