The Bad Boy In Pajamas

بواسطة magictricks

Join Chase and Carli in their quirky journey towards discovering themselves and each other. المزيد

Author's Note
Chapter 1: You Look Hot In Those Pink Pajamas
Chapter 2: You Didn't Just Quote A Carly Rae Jepsen Song
Chapter 3: Out Of The Frying Pan, Into The Fire
Chapter 4: Your Audacious Bawdiness Undoubtedly Scarred Me For Life
Chapter 5: This Isn't A Cheesy Chick Flick, This Is Real life
Chapter 6: I See Sparks Fly, And No I'm Not Quoting Taylor Swift
Chapter 7: What You're Saying Is Utterly Impossible
Chapter 8: And We Danced All Night In The Best Party Ever, Or Not
Chapter 9: I Think That Being Sweet Is An Unwritten Rule Of Being A Bad Boy
Chapter 10: How He Could Act So Sweet and Annoying Remains An Enigma
Chapter 11: I Don't Think Being Made Of Plastic Is Fantastic
Chapter 11.5: He's More Annoying Than Those Ads On YouTube
Chapter 12: My Mother Is Hulk In Disguise
Chapter 12.5: The Hottest Guy In America Just Offered To Read Me A Bedtime Story
Chapter 13: Like The Same Sides Of A Magnet, We Don't Attract
Chapter 14: Because Life Is Such A Sucker For Ruining Moments
Chapter 15: A Mixture Of "Exciting" And "Scary"
Chapter 16: Like a Bombshell That Could Wipe Out America
Chapter 17: Browsing Through My Diaper Days Wasn't Part of the Plan
Chapter 18: Angry Fangirls Are After Me, Wow I'm Flattered
Chapter 19: Someone Forgot To Tell Me This Was A Reunion
Chapter 20: Chase Hayden Is Secretly A Love Doctor
Chapter 21: Welcome To The Tragic Universe That Is My Life
Chapter 22: I Don't Like It When People Trespass My Territory
Chapter 23: The Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 24: Of Heartbreaks and Revelations
Chapter 25: The Tension Is Real And I Want To Deny It
Chapter 26: Maybe One Day, But Not Now
Chapter 27: A Twinge Of Something Foreign
Chapter 28: Chase Hayden aka The King Of Mixed Signals
Chapter 29: Love Notes And New Admirers
Chapter 30: We Were Both Twelve When I First Saw You
Chapter 31: Oblivious To The Obvious
Chapter 32: Some Kind Of Wonderful
Chapter 33: What A Perfect Way To Start A Love Story
Chapter 33.5: No More Annoying Chase In The House
Chapter 34: He Brings Out My Flirty Side
Chapter 36: From One Bad Luck To Another
Chapter 37: Of Reconciliations And Suspicions
Chapter 38: A Gentleman's Grand Gesture
Chapter 39: Homecoming, And A Lot More
Epilogue
Some Random Stuff
QUESTION/SURVEY
TNT Katropa Favorite Finalist
News! News! News!
Bonus Chapter: Their First Meeting

Chapter 35: Since You And I Happened

279K 12.4K 4.1K
بواسطة magictricks

Chapter 35: Since You And I Happened

Things between Chase and I have been smooth for the past few days that we were together. It was pretty much alright most of the time, except for some occasional glares here and there from jealous Regina George wannabes.

I'm not sure if it had to do with the fact that everyone was either afraid or in awe of Chase that made them leave us alone in peace. Although I would admit that I was betting on the former.

Little did I know that it was simply the calm before the storm.

"Aren't you excited for the homecoming dance next week?"

I looked up from the book I was reading and directed my gaze to Gwen. "Not really."

"What? But why?" She queried, her face a mask of confusion.

"Because,uh, I'm not a fan of dances?" I offered.

It was a lie though. God knows how excited I was for next week's event. In fact, I've already pictured in mind the dress I was gonna wear, my hair and makeup, the lovely decorations that will be hung around the gym, and the dance I was gonna share with Chase. I've already pictured a very memorable night.

The only problem was that Chase haven't asked me out yet.

"Silly," Gwen said to me. "That's not enough reason to not feel even a little excitement. The homecoming dance is one, if not the most awaited event of the school."

I shrugged. "Well, I'm not sure if I'm going.."

"But why?"

I mentally debated against myself if I should open up to her and eventually decided for it. "It's just that... Chase haven't asked me out yet."

Gwen's response definitely broke the scale when it came to "unexpected". Can you believe it? She simply laughed at me! "Seriously, Carli? That's your problem?"

I frowned. "Yes. And it's not even funny."

Gwen laughed again. "But it is! You're getting worked up over something like that."

"But it's a big deal!" I retorted.

"Carli," she started. "Chase is your boyfriend. Of course he's gonna ask you out. That's like an unwritten dating rule."

She had a point. I was simply letting my insecurities get to me. But still. I don't want to come out as presumptuous. It would be better if I heard it from Chase himself.

"It's just that I don't want to assume things that easily."

"But you're not assuming, Carli. And it's not like Chase is just some random guy. He's your boyfriend for crying out loud. He'll be stupid enough to not ask you out."

I sighed. "But what if he doesn't want to go with me? I mean, he's been going all by himself for the past few years. It's not like I'm that important to significantly change that fact just because we're now dating."

Gwen rubbed her forehead in exasperation. "That's nonsense. You know what Carli, you're just over-thinking. Stop that before it kills you."

What Gwen doesn't know was that I really was slowly dying inside.

My conversation with Gwen still hasn't left my thoughts until later that afternoon.

All I could do was stare at my reflection at the bathroom mirror, contemplating what I'd do if Chase really won't take me to the dance. I was so deep in thought I didn't realize that Ashley and her friend Gemma have already entered.

"Well, well, well, look who's here," she said icily.

"I know right," Gemma seconded. "It's the attention whore."

I let out an emotionless laugh before turning to face the two of them. If they think their bravado can deter me, well they're definitely in for some surprises.

"Is your vocabulary really that small? All you know are the words whore, bitch, sex, loser. Not really impressive, if you ask me." I smiled at Gemma who let out a gasp before turning to Ashley. "And of course, what can I do for you madam?"

Ashley simply smirked in response. "Nothing, really. Oh wait, I remember. I need you to leave Chase alone because he's mine."

Her answer made me laugh. "Uh, excuse me but last time I checked, he was never yours, Ashley."

Her cheeks were starting to make little weird movements making it obvious how annoyed she was already getting. "What are trying to say? That he's yours? That you own him?"

I shrugged casually. "I don't know, why don't you ask him?"

Ashley clenched her fists. "You bitch! You really think you deserve him, huh? Well guess what, you will never be. Because you're a loser. A desperate loser."

I scoffed. "Between the two of us, it seems like you're the desperate one, Ashley. So, for everyone's sake, why don't you just leave us alone and try to reevaluate your life instead? Yeah, that sounds like a good idea."

"Shut up, bitch. You can talk all you want but it won't change the fact that you're still a worthless slut. I mean, from one best friend to another? Is that how whores do it nowadays?"

I had to admit that stung. But I kept my face straight. Shaking my head, I smirked. "Why don't you ask yourself since you're one, anyway."

Ashley gasped loudly, the appalled look on hers and Gemma's face totally priceless. "Did you really just say that?"

I nodded. "Guess I did. I didn't know that besides from being a fulltime bitch, you're deaf too. You should see an ear doctor. And while you're at it, why don't you visit a psychiatrist, too? You totally need it since you've obviously gone mental."

With one last smile, I turned my back at the two of them and made my exit. But before I could, Ashley's voice made me freeze on my tracks.

"You think you're so good, huh. We'll see then. I bet Chase is gonna leave you sooner or later because you're nothing but a desperate, arrogant bore. You're a bore!"

I left the bathroom without a word, not wanting her to think that she's gotten under my skin. I don't want her to take pride in insulting me. No way.

But as painful as it is to admit, truth is, her words definitely affected me. A lot. And it hurt.

It's been a few minutes since class ended and I was leaning against my locker while waiting for Chase. It's been a routine. His last period class took place at the other side of the building so I would usually wait for him here and we would go hang out a little before he takes me home.

So after getting all of my stuff from my locker, I stood there and waited a little, like what I always do. True enough, after a minute or two, Chase's all too familiar voice reached my ears.

Looking up to meet his gaze, I smiled.

His hair was a bit messy but he looked dashing, nonetheless.

"Hey," I greeted.

"Hey yourself," he greeted back, pulling me into a warm hug. A few people threw us sneaky glances as they walked past us. I was used to all of it. With arms still around me, Chase kissed the side of my head and said, "Ready to go?"

"Yep," I answered, snaking my hands around his waist. I can't help but feel a bit territorial everytime I catch girls glancing at him dreamily. Which, to my chagrin, happened a lot.

Holding hands, we started our way towards the exit and into the parking lot. Chase got a few greetings here and there, being the popular person that he was.

I, however, was happily ignored, which I didn't mind at all. Again, I was used to all of it.

Chase opened the door for me before taking his spot on the driver's seat. "Want to go somewhere?"

I looked at him. "Where?"

"I don't know," he said, shrugging. "Wherever the car leads us to." He let out a chuckle. "So, you in?"

"Of course. I'll go wherever as long as I'm with you."

"When did you become so cheesy?" He asked, shaking his head disbelievingly. He looked so amused. Even I can't believe I said that. It was too cheesy, indeed.

"Since you and I happened," I told him, winking.

Chase grinned. "I love it when you do that."

"I know," I told him, grinning back. "That's why I keep doing it."

The two of us eventually ended up at the park overlooking the beach. The whole scenario was perfect: the air was a bit breezy, the sun was gradually setting, the vibe given off by Chase's constant smiling lifting up the mood.

"It's so calm in here," I said, glancing at him. He was staring straight ahead, the smile on his face unwavering. I've never seen him this cool and collected.

"Yeah, that's why I love it here." He suddenly turned to face me and held my hand a little tighter than usual.

"Seems like it," I told him in response. Suddenly, my conversations with Gwen and Ashley popped in my mind. "So, uh," I started, feeling a bit nervous about what I'm going to say. "About homecoming."

Chase simply put on an inquisitive look. "What about homecoming?"

Oh my gosh. Is he seriously asking me this? I suddenly regret opening the topic.

"N-nothing," I stammered. "It's just that everyone's been talking about it."

He simply nodded. "I see. Well, it's typical. It's kind of a big deal for everyone."

"Why?" I queried.

"I don't know. Maybe it's the dancing or the dresses, I wouldn't know. I'm not a big fan, you see."

Oh.

I felt as if my heart just broke into a thousand pieces. "Oh, is that so?" I laughed nervously.

"Yeah." He nodded."It's just a stupid dance anyway. Not something to get really excited about."

Looking down, I pursed my lips.

A stupid dance?

Just a stupid dance?

Well, if that's the case, maybe I'm really not going after all.

●●

A/N

Why, that was rather short. But don't you just hate it when Carli gets overly dramatic? Or when Ashley starts being such a btch?

I know right, frustrating. Hahaha.

Anyways, we're down to the last 2 or 3 chapters guys and it's officially goodbye Charli. I'd admit it kinda makes me sad. But everything has an end, so there's nothing we can do about it.

So yeah, vote comment and share! What do you think will happen next chapter? Write your thoughts below.

Thanks for reading!

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

2.4M 78.6K 54
It started with a banana peel, led to an unintentional sleepover - multiple unintentional sleepovers - and became so much more. Cathy has made it to...
1.4K 97 29
Han Jisung, the prince of Incheon, lives in a world were dragons and humans are in the midst of a conflict. The two species have shared a bond for ce...
669K 15K 103
@derekluh just started following you. copyrights towards ©sinnerbaby, 2016 highest rank: #88 in ff
239K 4.4K 42
•Little space •Fluff •Crossdressing •Member X Malereader (only) •DAY6, NCT, WINNER, IKON, Stray Kids, EXO, GOT7, SEVENTEEN, PENTAGON, KNK, BIGBANG...