If Only(Kakashi X Oc)

By Cal_ci_fer

It's your typical isekai/time travel fix-it. It's my first story so don't expect it to be great. The story i... More

Wakes up in another world
Plan
Chakra
System
Clones
I love clones!
Birthday
Chakra Points
New Year
Meeting
Friends
Birthday Party
Gift
Hokage
Anbu
Level Up
Ōkami
Break
Resolve
Funeral
Grief
Changes
Clone Summary
Refugee
FrontLine
Yellow Flash
Kannabi Bridge
Yondaime
Cleaning Up
Shuffling
Date
Reunion
Raven
Kidnapping
Inu
Zetsus
Training
Baby
Kurama
Armless
Flying
Pictures p1
Pictures p2
Summoning World
Uchiha Massacre
Danzo's end
Graduation
Bell test
Gato Company
Reminiscent
Chunin Exam
Karin
Edo Tensei
Sasuke
Akatsuki
Miku

Penniless

270 13 0
By Cal_ci_fer

29th September year 9

With the exams happening in Konoha, many Jonins were able to leave their students and were coming to help on the different platforms and frontline.

Front line - 2nd December year 9

Three years. Three years, that's how long it's been since I left Konoha. Many Anbus were now dead and last week, Taichou died as well. Since a month ago, the attacks had gradually decreased that we could now afford to rest for 2-3 hours with others keeping watch. I was resting to restore my chakra and I hadn't noticed that an enemy flickered behind me; Taichou took the hit pushing me away and I quickly killed the enemy.

Unfortunately, the enemy's kunai was laced with a poison I didn't know about so I carried him to Tsunade but she also was resting. I knew it wasn't worth it and so did Taichou from the look he gave me. I thanked him and stored his body in a scroll. After that, I went on a rampage and entered the enemy's base killing nearly half of their soldiers. This wasn't without repercussions cause right now I was lying on a bed and couldn't even lift a finger. My whole body was tingling, like it was pierced by thousands of needles. It was so painful and each time I felt closer to fainting but I couldn't afford to close my eyes. So I endured the pain and about 3 days later, I could move again.

Among my stats, my endurance was the highest quite obviously so my pain tolerance has greatly increased. This was both good and bad cause now if I ever get a cut or bruise, I wouldn't feel it. But that's also the issue since one time, I returned to my team's sleep area and didn't notice this gash on my thigh until Deer pointed it out. I had to be carried to Tsunade or I would have fainted from bloodloss. Physically, my body hasn't changed that much from back when I had my sudden growth spurt but my hair was slowly becoming more white than black. Mentally, I was also fine. Fine as in I could still make rational decisions and take care of my team but I couldn't sleep unless I had completely exhausted my body. I would normally sleep every 3 days and only for a couple of hours. With each month I spent here and with more people I killed everyday, my emotions were slowly disappearing. Like I was becoming a blank slate. I knew what each emotion was but it's like I could no longer express it. Some Anbus could no longer support the psychological stress and many killed themselves. Taichou, me and other leaders alive, took care of their bodies and didn't mention it to anyone as if known, there name would be tarnished forever.

Anyway, I learned that after my rampage, there were no new attacks, there was now this weird silence, on this eerie battlefield. I called all of the remaining Anbus during this calm time, while my clones collected the dead bodies. We met in the forest and there was only 19 of us left. I explained to them that Taichou died and I was informed that the supposed new captains as from the rule were dead and I was next in line as Captain. I nodded and thought of some plans to at least keep the few of us left alive.

After an internal battle, I had some form of a plan. I reorganized the teams and there were now 5 groups of 4 members with one of the groups having my clone as member.

A/N: Mind Speaking

8th and 10th will still be the next 2 leaders and Pig, Deer and Cat will be the leaders of the new groups. They'll be the 11th, 12th and 13th leader respectively.

When attacks start again, only 4 groups will go out- 8,10,11, and 12. After 3 hours, 13 will replace 8 and 8 will rest, we will keep doing that so that you all can have some rest.

Other Taichou orders still apply unless I say otherwise. For now rest while you still can. Also those in needs of weapons tell me privately; I collected many.

After that I gave all of them some health pills I bought from the shop and water. They'll need all the power they can for whatever those Iwagakure are preparing. Everything was scarce right now on the front line; the enemy had destroyed one of our food reserves and the next badge of shinobis are to arrive within 2 weeks with the food reserve.

After making sure all the Anbus were resting, I searched for Tsunade, jiraya and Orochimaru who too were resting along with the remaining 100 shinobis. They all had this sombre look on their faces with these dead eyes; some were silently crying the last tears their bodies could produce for their fallen comrade. Others were looking at their family picture and some were just sitting silently looking into nothingness. I sighed; This whole war was a wasted war, nothing would be gained by anyone besides death.

I silently walked in their resting area and some noticed my presence; they had this fear and awe look in their eyes. Over the years I spent in this war, I gained the nickname of Grey wolf, just like Minato's Yellow flash and future Kakashi's Copy ninja. Because of this infamousness, when the enemy attacked most of their strong shinobis would focus on me and the sannins. I guess I should be proud that they feel scared of me?

I came up to the 3 of them and Jiraiya was the first to notice my presence. I wouldn't say we became"friends" but maybe acquaintances; me and all the sannins. Since I often fought with them and would sometimes help Tsunade heal those with minor injuries.

J: "What's up brat? What are you doing here?"

The other 2 also looked at me since I never approched them like that. I gave Jiraiya a scroll without saying anything. I stopped talking ever since we joined the frontline like Taichou had said unless I'm with the anbus. First it's because talking would drain my already low energy, second because my throat was injured my some enemy ninjas 2 years ago; I was kidnapped and tortured wwithin the 2 months we had just joined the frontlines. Maybe because I looked like a kid, they thought I would be easiest to crack but oh how wrong they were. They tortured me for one week non-stop; the only thing I'm glad is they didn't raped me at least even as a boy. Taichou and my members saved me a few days later but since then, I couldn't talk properly. I don't exactly remember how they hurt my throat since my mind blocked most if not all of the memories of that time but the system was slowly healing me so now I could say some words but making complete sentences were no good. I knew there was a pill that could heal me more quickly but it was too expensive.

Since the war started, my blood clones were mostly helping in the hospital and didn't work. They were paid but the money was just enough for me to only buy nutrient and basic energy pills. Miku was sent on more dangerous missions and right now he was my main source of money. But even then, the pay for missions had decreased since most money was currently being used to supply for the war.

Jiraiya looked at the scroll and back at me before taking it. He opened it and enough food appeared to feed everyone. I had asked Tai to prepare the most food he can since if everybody were to fight like how they are right now, our defense would just crumbled. There were mostly instant noodles, Shinobis food pills, and adrenaline drinks and health pills I bought from the system. I used about half of my points to buy those.

The 3 were surprised to see that much food.

J: "Where did you get those, brat?"

He looked at me suspiciously and started to argue by himself since I can't reply. Tsunade and Orochimaru had to calm him down.

"The food are good, eat and distribute with the others." I wrote down on a paper and showed them. Tsunade was the first to accept the food and distributed them while Jiraiya still complained.

J:"But Tsunade-chan i-"

T: "If you aren't taking it I'll just take your part as well."

J: "Wait! Wait! I didn't say I wouldn't eat, I was just wondering where he got those."

Before they ate, I told everyone to eat the health pill first and the drink last and helped the Sannins to share them around and it seems that Tai added more food than I thought.

T: "What about the other Anbu? Have you already given them their share?"

I just stared at her. As much as I would like to give them the food, it would do them more damage than good. We unlike the ninja here are the most scarred. Like I had said, the ninjas dispatched here always comes and goes in badge so they could receive psychological relief with the help of the Yamanakas but us have not. Hell even the sannins returned one by one when things were calmed down. But we were ordered to help the other 2 platforms left when things were calm on the frontline or go dismantled enemies camps. I tried to help the Anbus using the mind-control skill but it was really limited. If I were to give them food besides pills, they would break. They would definitely break. Our body and mind have been on survival mode for too long.

(A/N: All the living Anbus looked like that)

J: "Brat, you're day-dreaming."

I snapped back to reality; "No, we Anbus do not eat food besides pills. You can keep the extra for later."

This got on Taunade's nerve and this time she was the angry one and the other 2 had to restrain her. They really are quite the team. She got out of their grips and started to march in the forest trying to find our camp. I was about to stop her when Orochimaru flickered in front of her. He explained about us and how we were scarred. Hmm so he was aware. I mean he's smart. Like really~~ smart.

At the end, Tsunade and Jiraiya looked back at me with a pitiful expression. "As he said, I hope you understand and keep the food well. I won't be able to give you more." They thanked me; even Orochimaru, for the food.

I nodded and was about to leave when Tsunade asked again; "Hey! How about you? Can you not eat as well?" I stared at her in silence before walking away to the darkness of the forest.

You see the only reason I gave them all of that is because all of them had erratic chakra, even the Sannins. I can't afford to lose even more man power when I don't know when the reinforcement will arrive.

Anbus (A/N: All conversations are mind communications) 

Five hours later

I had left some transformed shadow clone at the borders of the enemy camps. And let me tell you we are in big trouble.

Ok get ready! 8 to 12 with me!

We flickered in front of the resting shinobis and they all jolted to their positions.

Ah shit, here we go again!

We defended and attacked relentlessly but I think they had 4 times our amount.

Three hours later

I changed techniques and put more and more people in genjutsus while the 13th team killed them. I created about 20 shadow clones who coated their hands with poisons that I bought with my remaining points. My blood clone used a large scale lightning jutsu which basically disrupt the electric static around people's heart, stopping it. But this required great chakra and element control so it self-destrucked afterwards. I had to take a health pill from the backlash I received when he dispelled.

Three days later

I am now fighting without any chakra using only seals, taijutsu and kenjutsu. My chakra was at an all time low from the constant fight. 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐃𝐈𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 𝐆𝐄𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐉𝐀𝐒!!!

One week later

Tsunade POV

I can't believe he could kill this many people by himself. It looks like his chakra level is too low again. How high must his chakra be for him to keep on fighting like that and not to mention if he really was how Orochimaru said. How come he didn't break yet.

But what Tsunade didn't noticed was that behind the mask, this kid was breaking. No he could no longer be considered a kid after going through so much. This war has taken his youth away from him.

I ran in his direction to heal him but before I could, a clone brought back an Anbu with a cat mask. I quickly healed her but when I looked back up, Okami was gone. I looked all around and got even more angry. "Where the hell are those reinforcements!"

"You called..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 152 27
Reborn As An Uchiha ... -Naruto fanfic- Kakashixreader ... ~What happens when Y/N and her brother get on a plane back home? How will things happen w...
26.7K 557 16
Yuki is just your average 14-year-old boy with no parents or friends. After forgetting that he had a presentation that day. He dies of a sudden heart...
89 8 8
opening my eyes, and at first, I'm not sure where I am . The darkness is disorienting, and the trees seem to sway in the wind. All I can see is the m...
7.9K 116 43
This is my first fanfiction, so y'all be nice. I wrote this purely for entertainment. I do not own the Naruto characters, except for the OCs. The sto...