If Only(Kakashi X Oc)

By Cal_ci_fer

It's your typical isekai/time travel fix-it. It's my first story so don't expect it to be great. The story i... More

Wakes up in another world
Plan
Chakra
System
Clones
I love clones!
Birthday
Chakra Points
New Year
Meeting
Birthday Party
Gift
Hokage
Anbu
Level Up
Ōkami
Break
Resolve
Funeral
Grief
Changes
Clone Summary
Refugee
FrontLine
Penniless
Yellow Flash
Kannabi Bridge
Yondaime
Cleaning Up
Shuffling
Date
Reunion
Raven
Kidnapping
Inu
Zetsus
Training
Baby
Kurama
Armless
Flying
Pictures p1
Pictures p2
Summoning World
Uchiha Massacre
Danzo's end
Graduation
Bell test
Gato Company
Reminiscent
Chunin Exam
Karin
Edo Tensei
Sasuke
Akatsuki
Miku

Friends

383 17 6
By Cal_ci_fer

One month later - 13 August year 2 - Training Ground

For one month, Kakashi and me have been training together.  We moved from Target training to sparing against each other with either kunai or just in term of taijutsu. Thanks to that I got to reach the next level in taijutsu. If its with Kunai he mostly win as I still haven't gotten a hang of them. But if it's with taijutsu I mostly win but I'm guessing it's only because I already had a basic level adapted to my body through the system. Though this enrage Kakashi to such a point - that someone not even in the academy can defeat him and I wouldn't let him hear the end of it whenever he lost. Gotta keep that ego in check ;P

I think we can call each others friends now. We talk after training about what he did at the academy or what I'm up to. He knows I'm an orphan and he talked about his dad though I haven't met him yet. I did visit his place a few times when his dad was out on missions. Kakashi is also 2 years older than me but I won't use the respectful terms with him; he did point it out a few times but since we had equal strength, and physically we had the same built and height, and, technically I AM older than him if you count my age back on Earth, he didn't bother with the formalities again.

Anyway a few times I picked him up from the academy when my spy told me his father was out. He acted a bit like kid Sasuke in the academy but he was still friends with the original casts; Gai, Asuma, Kurenai and all.

The first time we met was quite funny. I was waiting for him at the gates since I knew the academy was only half-day today. I was standing under a tree and the older students were out first. I saw Obito and Rin with Obito trying to give her some flowers that he obviously picked up from the playground somewhere. He was really pitiful. He couldn't even get a word out and was only blushing. Rin thought he was sick or something and went to check his temperature. Once she touched him, he passed out. No but he LITERALLY FAINTED. I was this close to fainting as well from laughing too much. Around the same time I noticed Kakashi's class was out so I ran towards him.

Well rather than "run" I shunshined and tackled him down. "My, my~ Kakashi I won again. You owe me a dango." I was jumping around when I felt a bit of K.I from Kakashi. Uh oh. With that Kakashi ran after me while throwing at me all the weapons he had on him. Maybe I went too far Teehee ;P It's a good thing no teachers/ninja were there and Hiruzen was in a council meeting right now so he couldn't spy on us. I dodge all of his weapons and I let him catch me cause we were starting to have an audience.

He tackled me down, jumped on top of me while holding my collar. "Sora!! I told you not to come here!" He said that while shaking my collar. "Hey, calm down, I was just picking you up in case you get lost." Sighing he got up, helping me up as well.

"Uh, Kakashi... Who's that?" said Kurenai. He just now realised that most of his classmates, especially his friends were watching him. Kakashi got embarrassed and moved slightly to stand behind me. It was a subtle movement, you would need to observed him intensely to realise that. I coughed a bit to return the attention on me. "Hello, I'm Sora Suguru, Kakashi's best friend." Kakashi made a face when I said that. I think they were all surprised to see the poker face Kakashi make THIS many expressions behind his mask. They introduced themselves and they were all so cute. We talked for a bit before their parents came to pick them up. Obito and Rin were among the crowd watching before since Kakashi IS pretty popular.

In the end only Kakashi, Obito and me were left on the playground. Obito was acting like he died because Rin waved goodbye at him. He truly is hilarious. I walked towards him and he seemed to come back to life.

"Hey! Do you want to have some dango with us? It's this guy's treat.", I said pointing at Kakashi. Obito looked at us weirdly before agreeing. On the way there Kakashi was pretty silent with Obito talking non-stop but he didn't look annoy with him. Afterwards, Obito returned to the Uchiha compound and we returned to the training ground. Like that, I slowly created a friendship between them. I sometimes invited Obito to train with us or for food. I wouldn't say they were friends now but at least they knew each other.

4th September year 2

Me and Kakashi were on our way back to his house and I was pestering him to tell me when was his birthday but he wouldn't talk. I was this close to throwing him down the hill when I got a plan. I knew his dad was home since one of my spy saw him entering through konoha's gate.

Once kakashi reached his house we said goodbye and I watched him enter like always. Just before the door closed, I shunshined inside in front of kakashi and his dad was getting down the stairs about to welcome him. They were both quite shocked as Sakumo threw a kunai directly at my head. I couldn't evade since Kakashi was behind me so I quickly held it with my hand. The tip cut my forehead, and blood was pouring out of my hand. More blood than I expected. 

"I think this was a bad idea.", I said looking at both male's expression.

...

...

...

Realizing that nobody planned on saying anything,I bowed 90 degrees toward Sakumo.

"Hello sir, nice to meet you I'm Suguru Sora, Kakashi's current best friend. I've heard a lot about you from Kakashi. I'm sorry for the way I entered, I just wanted to ask you a question"

Sakumo nodded. And just then Kakashi got out of his trance.

K: "What is wrong with you Sora! You could have gotten yourself killed!"

"I know, I know I'm sorry" I said while scratching my neck embarrassed. I did a little spin while saying, "But see I'm not hurt" 

K: "NOT HURT! THERE'S BLOOD LITERALLY FLOWING OUT OF YOU HAND"

He started scolding me like a parent and since I was at fault I couldn't refute anything. Sakumo was watching all of this and he realized my predicament. "Nice to meet you Sora-kun, Sorry about the bruise I thought you were an enemy"

"No, No it's fine I'm not even hurt" Once I said that I could feel a chill on my back. "I mean I'm barely even hurt"

Sakumo: *cough* "Ok then, Kakashi go take a bath and come down for dinner. I'll look after your friend."

K: "But Father~ he is barely even my friend."

Sakumo: "Kakashi."

K: "Fine..."

Before going he whispered to me; "You better not be disrespectful and make a fool of yourself."

"Yeah Yeah, I'm aware", I ushered him away.

He bolted upstairs while glancing back at me and greeted his father.

...

S: "Well, come on let's go to the kitchen sora-kun"

"Yes sir."

I was sitting down at the table while Sakumo was cooking. This is so awkward! WHY  DID I THINK THIS WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA! T_T  AND WHERE'S KAKASHI IT WOULD AT LEAST BE LESS AWKWARD. I was drowning in my embarrassment when Sakumo gave me a first aid box to treat the cut.

Once done, I went to the kitchen to give him back the box.

S: "Just leave it on the counter I'll store it away later"

I did so and I observed him cooking. I asked if I could help him and we cooked together in silence.

I heard noise upstairs; looks like kakashi is coming down. I remembered my reason for coming here and quickly asked Sakumo; "Well Hatake-san I was wondering if you could tell me when's Kakashi's birthday. He won't answer no matter how much time I ask! So I thought what's better than coming to the source directly."

*Sakumo laughs* "So that's why you flickered inside and could have gotten killed" I nodded. "Well his birthday is 25th September", he said and at the same time, Kakashi; "Wait dad! Don't tell him!"

I smile evilly at him; "Too late I already know. Thank you Hatake-san :D Well see you later Kakashi~" *evil smirk*

S: "Do you want to stay for dinner?"

"Uh.." I glanced at Kakashi. "No it's fine thank you Hatake-san" I said bowing.

K: "It's fine dad, he'll stay."

Now I was surprised to hear Kakashi agreed. "Are you sure?"

K: *sigh* "Yeah. Come on, sit down."

"And you say we're not friends."

We had a normal family dinner with small talks. I felt a pang in my heart when I saw Kakashi and Sakumo together, so close. Sakumo thanked me for keeping Kaskashi's ego in check. I can feel we'll be good friends. Right now I was sleeping on the floor in Kakashi's room; Sakumo told me to stay since the orphanage is already closed now and it was late but I couldn't sleep. Not when I knew about what would happen in the future. I felt like it was harder to breathe the more I stayed in the house. 

At 1 a.m, when I was sure Kakashi was asleep, I escaped through the window and shunshined in their garden which was connected to a part the forest. I already left a note for kakashi. I was about to go when I felt real killing intent behind me. I froze for a moment but quickly released mine as well and got in a defensive position. I jumped backward and sent a kunai towards the entrance of the forest. Suddenly, Sakumo came out with my kunai in hand.

S: "Sharingan eh."

I just realized that my sharingan were appearing I thought I forgot the genjutsu but it was just that Sakumo was a far too advanced ninja. He had already noticed.

S: "You're quite skilled to be able to detect K.I and aim at your target this good. Even more skilled than Kakashi when he was your age. And this amount of K.I released by a kid no less."

I stayed in my defensive position, observing his movements;"You need to thank your son for the aiming."

S: *chukles* "Yes, Kakashi is goon at target practice."

"Why are you here Hatake-san?"

S:" I wanted to talk with you, without Kakashi. It seems you have a large chakra pool; close to a newly promoted genin for your age. Why are you getting close to Kakashi? Do you really want to be his friend? Also why are you hiding your power? You seem smart enough to know that you could very well enter the academy and even graduate."

"I really want to be friends with Kakashi that's why I annoy him so much. And I'm not hiding, I'm merely not strong enough right now to reveal everything. And I will try to enter the academy by the end of the year."

S:...Not strong enough...uh.. I don't detect any lies. " Ok then, I hope you and Kakashi stay friends and continue to train. Don't forget to keep his ego in check ^_^ and call me Sakumo I get the feeling I'm going to see you around often"

I nodded and before I disappeared in the forest. I hinted at him; "don't pay attention to the voices Sakumo-san. They are merely voices, Kakashi still needs you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69K 2.2K 34
(Very Slow Edits) Would you make a choice that would help fix the past? Are you prepared for the consequences that follow? DISCLAIMER: I DON'T own...
47.1K 1.4K 23
REWRIGHTING 2021 ( KakashixReader) You grew up in the Uchiha Compound. You were a warm independent loving type of person. You and Itachi did everyt...
40.2K 2.4K 46
-CURRENT ARC: Chunin Exams\/ (Chapters 41 - N/A) [Prologue: 1 - 23 Team Assignment: 24 - 28 Land of Waves: 29 - 34 Pre-Chunin Exams: 35 - 40] This is...
1.3K 76 15
꧁Obito Uchiha x Kakashi Hatake , Modern AU꧂ ➪Obito Uchiha is just a regular person. Nothing special really. He has a younger sister and two older bro...