LAVENDER HAZE | j. champion

By lillu13

"i find it dizzying they're bringing up my history but you aren't even listening" in which Holland Dalton a... More

background + characters
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
twenty
twentyone
twentytwo
the story of that night
twentythree
twentyfour
twentyfive
twentysix
twentyseven
twentyeight
the story of the surprise
twentynine
thirty
thirtyone

nineteen

997 29 60
By lillu13

december 15, 2022

12:23am | holland's hotel room

Jack was following me like a lost puppy.

Caleigh had decided to go to Bailey's room for the night, claiming she wanted to have a sleepover with the girl. When Jack heard this, he swore to everyone he'd make sure I made it back to my hotel room safely. And that's what he was doing.

"Jack, i'm fine here ok?" I turned around when I reached the door of my room, "I didn't drink at the after party and all I need is to sleep. It's been a long few days."

The look Jack was giving me almost made me fold then and there."And I don't want to leave you."

I just stared at him for a moment.

Contemplating.

Then I reached for him, taking hold of one of his hands and pulling him into the room with me. My heart was beating out of my chest.

What the fuck am I doing?

The door shut behind us and I didn't let go of him until I reached my suitcase. I was itching to get out of this dress. Sure, it was beautiful, but it wasn't comfortable in the slightest.

Eventually, I found the clothes I wanted to wear and glanced over my shoulder to the curly headed boy. "Unzip me?"

I watched as he swallowed harshly, breathlessly nodding as he walked over, closing the gap. His fingers carefully grabbed hold of my dress. One hand holding the top and the other gripping the zipper.

His knuckles grazed my back and I had to stop myself from physically reacting. Chills surged up my spine.

But also, I could feel his hands shaking as he worked the zipper, it was faint, but noticeable. "There." he whispered, letting go of the fabric.

I softly smiled at him as I walked to the bathroom with my pajamas in hand. It didn't take me long to rid myself of the dress, sliding on the comfy clothes before quickly removing my makeup and tying my hair up in a bun. Part of me was nervous for Jack to see me like this, but he also witnessed my awkward early teenage years, so this can't be worse.

The door creaked open as I walked out. When my eyes found Jack again, sitting on my bed. He had removed his premier coat, shoes, and belt. Now, I swallowed harshly. He was still here.

"How long do you plan on staying before going back to your room?" I questioned, placing the dress on the desk chair in the room.

He raised a tired eyebrow, "How long do you want me to stay?"

His question held so much depth.

Was this the beginning of something? Or was he just being nice?

Our eyes were locked and suddenly my mouth was dry. This boy made me nervous without even trying. "Uh." I snapped out of it and walked to my suitcase, searching for something. "Pretty sure i've got a tshirt big enough for you and... maybe some sweats?"

I winced when I heard Jack stand up from the bed, walking over and stopping behind me. Just his presence made me weak in the knees.

"So, you can be comfy." I mumbled, turning around to hand him the clothing. He was far closer than I thought he was.

He quietly thanked me, our fingers brushing as he took the clothes.

Holy shit.

Maybe it wasn't wise to let him come in my hotel room late at night this soon into the restart of our friendship, but his brown eyes were just so convincing. This man does things to me.

I sat on my bed, waiting for Jack to exit the bathroom. Soon after, he did and I think I almost passed out at the sight of him in the clothes i'd given him. Which, i'm pretty sure, I had stolen from him back in 2020.

"How have the last 2 years been, H?" he asked, tossing his premier clothes on the same chair mine laid on.

"I've worked on a few smaller projects, nothing big." I shrugged, heartrate speeding up when he sat down next to me. "But someone's been busy, huh?"

Jack blushed, shaking his head as he smiled. "Yeah, yeah. I've done a few things since we wrapped, including Scream VI. Which you know since you're best friends with my castmates."

"They're a great group of people."

He nodded, "Your friendship with Mason is adorable."

Jack's wide eyes clued me into the fact he probably hadn't meant to say that. I giggled, I loved how easily embarrassed he gets. This was something that never changed.

His hand reached for mine, taking it and interlacing our fingers. I swear my heart skipped a beat at the action. What was Jack doing to me?

I started talking before I could even think clearly, "That day in New Zealand—"

"You never let me finish talking that day, H." Jack cut me off and I promptly furrowed my brows, confused as to what he meant.

He'd said enough that day. He broke my heart, ripped it out and stomped on it.

"What do you mean?" Almost scared to ask, wondering if I was being dumb and he was just going to break my heart for the 2nd time.

Then i'd have to go to Caleigh and Bailey and cry, probably even facetime Britain again.

"I didn't mean for you to run off and definitely didn't want you to cut me out of your life for so long." he struggled looking at me as he spoke, but every couple seconds his brown eyes would flicker back to mine, "But I wasn't ready for anything back then and that's what I wanted to tell you that day. You've always meant the world to me, H. Pretty sure I fell for you the day we met and it tore me apart that things ended the way they did."

I think my heart just stopped.

"Jack, what are you saying to me?" my voice was nearly inaudible, I was still scared.

He had feelings for me the whole time? Had I not let him explain that back then? Am I the sole reason we stopped being friends?

"I think i'm ready now."

Jack was leaning in and my eyes immediately flickered closed, anticipating what was coming. And, sure enough, his lips connected with mine.

Fireworks.

Butterflies.

All of the above.

Wait. "Jack," I whispered, pulling away after the one kiss, my hands resting on his chest. "We just became friends again and I just got out of a relationship."

His face faltered, but it returned to normal fairly quickly. I felt bad for stopping him, but I had to, at least tonight.

"Right, i'm sorry." he shook his head, scooting back and releasing my hand, almost as if he'd done something wrong.

I shook my head, not wanting him to feel bad, because I didn't. "Don't be sorry, we just... let's become better friends first." I made the point to reconnect our hands, longing for his touch.

His fingers ghosted over the back of my hand before tightening his grip like he never wanted to let go. And I was on the same page, I wanted... needed him to stay close by. Hopefully forever.

"I'd like that."

i love these 2 with all
of my heart!!! jack + holland
forever and ever, ok?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

429 13 1
Oneshot drabble based on a Neteyam x Reader Tumblr request I received with a prompt around your secret crush on your best friend's older brother and...
18K 304 21
- ๐€๐๐“๐ˆ-๐‘๐Ž๐Œ๐€๐๐“๐ˆ๐‚๐’ - started: 3 -19 - 23 finished: 7 - 25 - 23 fem oc! x Jack champion ๏ฝก๏ฝฅ:*หš:โœง๏ฝก Two young kids get a job together and en...
131K 4.9K 48
"But something happened, I heard him laughing. I saw the dimples first and then I heard the accent. They say home is where the heart is, but that's n...
93.6K 2.1K 20
-๐‘ณ๐‘จ๐‘บ๐‘ป ๐‘ฒ๐‘ฐ๐‘บ๐‘บ ๐˜๐˜ฏ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜ˆ๐˜ญ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข ๐˜Ž๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜‘๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฌ ๐˜Š๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฑ๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ถ๐˜ฑ ๐˜ข๐˜ง๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ข ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ต ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๏ฟฝ...