Half n Half

By urbanology19

In my life your all in or all out. It's a lesson I had to learn and had I learned it earlier, I'd have saved... More

Copyrights
Face Claims
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
Character Update
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
Character Update
35.
36.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
Author's Note
Bonus Chapter
Ready For More?

37.

75 1 0
By urbanology19

February 10th
6 months later...

"Turn on ESPN." Yamir demanded, making me scrunch up my face at him.

"No I'm watching property brothers." I told him, focusing on applying weight and pressure to his leg.

"Keith! Hand me that remote."

"You're not getting me in trouble," Keith responded, going back to his push ups.

"B, I'm on TV." He deadpanned, looking up to me since I was standing over him.

"So is- Fine! Fine!" I said defeatedly, flipping through the channels till I found the one he was looking for.

"Is Yamir Banks done with professional football?" Was the first question the host asked.

"We're back with our hosts Stephen A. Smith, Chris Fowler, Adam Schefter, and Rece Davis." Chris announced, mainly introducing everyone before they began.

A/N: I have only heard of the first man, I got these people off of google. Please don't come for me.

"And to answer your question, we honestly don't know." Rece exclaimed, obviously getting ready to rile everyone up.

"I mean here's what I think." Adam started already getting a side eye from me. "Yamir Banks may or may not be leaving the league but he's not leaving the media."

"I agree," Chris responded. "The second he got hurt, his social media following skyrocketed and he'd only been hurt for a minute. Several multimillion dollar partnerships and deals, high social media presence, team coaching, he sponsors a high school team!"

"This man is creating a name for himself. He isn't Yamir Banks the football player, he's Yamir banks the... the... Mens Version if an injured Bayou Barbie." He compared and that ticked me off.

Yamir had an I know you're kidding me look on his face and I only looked away. Angel and Flau'jae made history and did it as themselves.

But Yamir's broken all records in the men's college division. Times were just a little different. That comparison however gave Jill Biden, let's invite both teams scheme.

"I'm glad that you said that because Yamir should've been suspended from the Rams. The NFL all together. He had a life threatening injury and his return to the NFL is undetermined. And then, instead of training, encouraging his team, in the stands, or at the very least riding the bench, he's becoming the latest Instagram influencer. Give Justin Kent that platform, the attention, he's the one doing the job." Rece exclaimed very passionately, the veins coming out in his neck.

"The teams losing." Adam added, "Ever since Yamir left, they've struggled terribly. Like they have not performed well at all compared to what they were doing before."

"Yamir is,"-

"Was." Rece pointed out, obviously setting something off on Stephen, and that wasn't just for cutting him off.

I contemplated just cutting the tv off, but Yamir refused to hand the remote over so I continued the PT session.

"Is a generational great, and he did have his moments, several, but he never carried the team alone. Blue Jackson, Prince Revington, Travis SinClair- they been doing the job. Even now they've flourished more now. I don't even think they're playing harder, it's just they're being the attention and focus that was solely put in Yamir." Stephen argued, which was a great argument and a different take.

"Yet they're losing." Rece countered, missing the point.

"4 people cannot carry a team. Especially in football." Stephen responded, leaving it at that.

"But they did." Adam argued.

"So that's not his fault, that's the coaches." Chris rebutted, switching sides all of a sudden.

"Smith, what do you have to say bout this? Cause I feel like you have more to say."

"I'm just waiting for y'all to stop bitchin. Regardless if what y'all think here at this table, this man has done his due diligence for the next 25 years, the next generation really. He's broken records and barriers, set the bar for those behind him. No one had a problem with him when he was on field and now that he's not he's the enemy." Stephen said calmly, shrugging before straightening out his paperwork.

"I'm just saying he's not playing his part." Rece argued, going on a I hate Yamir Banks route.

"Did we all not see his leg get demolished on live television, one of the highest streamed football games in pro history. Here, several months ago?" Chris shouted.

"We did. Honestly, I think we're wasting our minutes. Cause everybody got a lot to say bout whether or not Yamir should get suspended but no one wants to talk any the other player should've been suspended. This other player, broke how many rules in the rule book and is still talking shit?" Stephen added, the only calm and professional one at the table.

"That's not the point!" Adam argued.

"Not why not?! Had Yamir been Tom Brady, any other white player , the world would've been in turmoil. But because a black man inflicted that kind of injury in another black man, no one had anything to say." Stephen steeped in, having to be loud to be heard.

Then all the white folks got quiet.

"So let's talk about that! Let's talk about how Yamir Banks has built a program to help disabled and injured children everywhere! Let's talk about how he's going to children's hospitals and paying the expense! Let's talk about how he's building up and training as community of black athletes- exposing  them to so many opportunities, that's talk about the inclusivity in his shoes! Let's talk about him being a mental health advocate! It at the very least take about how he's a legend alive in the flesh!"

With good things also come difficulties. I haven't been the best auntie to my unborn niece or nephew but I have sent so much shit back home, not that it makes up for it, but hopefully it makes up for my lack of being there.

I just have to get my funds together and making 10 hour trips and catching flights isn't the easiest way.

But I have been staying up to date Leia's pregnancy, health, and mental health and it has not been great whatsoever. The fact that she's made it 6 months through is a blessing in itself.

The second I got the call to come right now, I came as soon as I could, making that 8 hour drive.

"Blyss!" Carter, running to me as I entered the maternity ward doors.

"Hey lil bro." I said, pulling him in a hug and rocking him side to side.

My brothers almost finished with his junior year in high school, meaning my moms got another child to focus on. Not to mention she'll be a grandmother as well.

"How is she?" I questioned, immediately squirting germ x in my hands.

"Terrible." He responded easily, as we slowly made our way inside. "This is the third time bro. They just need to take him or her out and put 'em in the nicu."

"No. The baby heads to be inside the mother as long as possible so they can develop." I explained, not ever going to be tired of defending my almost sister in law on this one.

"But they're finna developed a 100 grand hospital bill." My brother rebutted, eyebrows raised.

"Better than the 300 grand nicu bill. Their kids gon have to be in the nicu regardless and that's not cheap." I reminded them, knowing I wasn't the only one in a financial pickle.

"What are they going to do?" I questioned, referring to what would be the outcome of this doctor visit.

"I don't know." He responded,

Leia started bleeding heavily before she passed out, giving herself a concussion and cutting off airways to the child."

"Has anybody told mom?" I asked, asking the question of the season.

"Most likely not." He responded easily as he made his way to the elevator.

"So she just isn't supposed to know these things?" I questioned, knowing she was going to flip out and I couldn't even defend the cause.

"Well you know how mom is. At the end of the day, that's their decision and we have to respect it." Carter concluded, squinting at the map, literally in peoples way.

"Are they allowing visitors?" I whisper asked, seeing someone make their way over to us.

"Yeah but I wanted to give them a moment." He said, immediately noticing and pulling me towards the waiting room.

I love hospitals and everyone who works here, but these front desk and door guarding workers take their job wayyy to seriously. It was not that serious.

I understand certain instances, but if someone's willing to risk their own child's health, then that's on them. You can catch diseases literally anywhere.

"Let's go to Starbucks." He told me, pointing to the one across the street.

"I definitely don't have Starbucks money." I told him truthfully, sitting down to plan my next move.

"I got you sis." He said before pulling me back up.

I chuckled. Even though I could live without Starbucks, who am I to say no?

"But I was looking for ways to help out. I mean they don't really have anything together." He explained, which I could believe.

My brother is on the track to being a whole surgeon, and he couldn't out anything together to save his life. I did however think because it's for the baby, it'd be some extra encouragement.

"What with the stuff we sent them?" I questioned, remembering sending them clothes on top of clothes, shoes, accessories, and so much more. Literally all they had to do was open the box and put it up.

"They have not unpacked at all. And with everything they have going on, I don't think they're going to have a chance to." He told me truthfully, holding my hand as we jogged across the street.

"So got them a moving service." I responded easily, knowing that was the easiest solution.

"No. Me and you do it for them because we can't afford that." He reiterated, immediately stressing me out.

I may not be the squeaky cleanest or the most organized, but as long as I know where something is and it's in the general vicinity of where I put it, I'm good. But too much of other peoples stuff really stresses me out.

"When are we going to do that?" I questioned, not even knowing when I would have time to do that.

"I mean I took off tomorrow and I have the weekend off." He said, making me realize this was his plan all along.

"So this weekend?"

"I mean I can work something out." I told them, committing to an unplanned stay.

Of course the lines were ridiculous at Starbucks, but it did give us time to figure out where my brother was exactly and how to get there, and of course joke around.

But I will say, being around Carter reminded me of back when he used to stay with me. I hadn't and haven't had that kind of fun in a long time. So it definitely would be convenient if they lived closer.

Of course the people at the front desk gave us a hard time and didn't want to let Carter back, but after a few white lies, we were finally able to even get on the elevator.

Then of course, finding their room was a whole nother issue. Me and Carter ended up getting traumatized because a few obviously extremely ill patients were on beds in the hallway.

When we finally reached the room sheet what felt like forever, I knocked on the door saying, "Hello," I'm a sing song voice.

"B?" Jordan immediately questioned, recognizing my voice.

"Hey sister." Both Leia and I exclaimed at the same time, as I quickly and thoroughly washed my hands before pulling her in a huge hug, rubbing her back and rocking her side to side.

"I'm in here too." Carter said dryly in a low tone, standing in the doorway holding the drinks and my jacket.

"Hey Carter." Leia said, then telling him to sit his stuff down.

"How are you feeling?" I questioned jumping on my outlet brother like I was a little kid.

"Terrible." She responded quickly, hugging Carter after he washed his hands.

"Ok, that's better then nothing." I responded, not really knowing what to even say to that.

"How many days in this sick house?" Carter asked, dapping Jordan up.

"They're most definitely keeping me for a few days." She responded with a sign.

"So we're getting comfortable?" He reiterated, coming to sit on the bed.

"Yup."

"I dialed chipotle for it so it should be here in half hour." I told them, getting the notification.

All of a sudden, a low groan came from Leia before all the color left her face and her eyes turned red. Then it could literally see her stomach churning from the inside.

"So the first grandchild is already a drama queen." I concluded, watching the bush Janine in horror as her heart rate and pulse slowed down before spreading back up.

"She's really giving mama a run for her money." Leia said while adjusting the bed to lay back a little bit.

"To say the least." Jordan exclaimed coming back from the bathroom with a cold rag and then training her 2 cubes of ice.

For the next few minutes, it was dead silent grease the elephant in the room was literally violating poor Leia.

"You want to know what the plan is?" Leia asked after a moment, seeing all eyes on her.

"No! Oh no. It is none of my business." I assured her, honestly wanting to know all the details, but not wanting to intrude.

"We're scheduling a c section for about a month from now." She said, rubbing her belly soothingly.

"Ok." I said.

"That is if something didn't happen in between." Jordan interjected, speaking my exact thoughts.

Leia gave him a side eye that literally made him sit where he was at and close his mouth.

"Then the baby will be brought into this world and spend some time in the nicu." She finished.

I don't know why but for some reason, my eyes see to her head and I noticed, she'd lost a lot of hair in the front. Then I realized, all of it incredibly thin and went through a texture change as well.

Leia saw me the exact moment I noticed and of course I made eye contact with her before looking away.

"Do we have a name?" Carter asked, changing the subject.

"I do." Jordan added excitedly.

"We don't but I honestly haven't thought about it." Leia countered, completely ignoring him.

"Let's name her HER?" I questioned, honestly haven't thought about it myself.

"Nah, it's got to be something innovative..." cater trailed, standing in the middle of the room dramatically pretending to think. "Carter!"

"Nah, let's be forreal. They'll name a kid Blyss before Carter." I argued, sticking my tongue out at him.

"Alright emotion. Might as well name her Happy."

After my helping hand assignment, I definitely crashed at their house. And even though I didn't necessarily want Cater to make the hour drive back home alone, paying hundreds of dollars for an uber because I won't have a ride to this house alone wasn't necessarily worth it.

"Oh hey handsome." I said when my FaceTime call connected, having my AirPods in so my brother won't be listening in through his cameras.

"Heyyyy." He responded, picking Pookie up and sitting him in the camera frame.

"You bet not have no whole bunch of females round my dog." I told him seriously, not wanting my child poisoned, confused, or traumatized.

"Ain't nobody bringing females round our dog." He said dismissively, emphasizing the our.

"Mhm. You know he tell everything." I reminded him with a raised eyebrow, genuinely believing that.

"I think you should fly out tonight." Yamir suggested before shoving Pookie in the face, only showing his eyes.

"I think not," I responded immediately, burying myself in what used to me my beanbag.

"I knew you would say that but I don't care." He responded, picking done other phone up and typing away.

"Excuse me?"

"You just like to disagree with me." He responded, not studying me.

"Ain't nobody studying you." I told him confidently, pulling the blanket over me.

"You ain't studying this?" He challenged, getting a playful gleam in his eye.

Next thing I know, he pulled hood shirt up slowly only showing his lower abdomen, a peek into my college Pinterest board.

"Nope." I said before sitting the phone down.

I was. This man is gorgeous. There is no doubt about it.

"Nah? Well hold on." I said before more shuffling was heard. "Pick the phone up Blyss Brielle."

I waited until I counted to 30 before reluctantly picking up the phone, not having my face anywhere near the camera frame.

Once he saw the movement, he pulled his shirt over his head smirking before turning around, flexing, showing his back muscles.

"Now what?" He questioned before he threw his head back, letting out a boisterous laugh.

I thought about it and then hung up, waiting 4 minutes before calling him back. As soon as he answers the only thing in the camera was his dick.

"Yamir!" I shrieked, not even looking away, just surprised.

"Hm?" He questioned before stroking it, obviously doing the most.

"What is wrong with you?" I exclaimed before he zoomed in on his tip.

He is literally so weird.

"You act like I don't let you and you don't love all this." He said calmly, propping the phone up, showing he was in the bathroom, before scooting back a bit and getting started down there in the frame.

"Nuts," I told him, sitting the phone down before I got any ideas.

"You wanna see em?" He asked quickly, not slick at all.

"I'm done. Good luck on your speech." I told him, cause all that was unnecessary.

Pookie barked, giving the perfect interruption. Cause he definitely w do that at my house

"Aye! Give me a minute." Yamir shouted, rushing to cover himself up.

"Out there hanging and slang in in front of my dog." I scolded, shaking my head.

"Now you know I'd love to put this camera to use in other ways." He continued, still not letting up in the presence of our child.

"Obviously you need to beat ya meat." I told him, not studying him.

"Get naked do I can have something to beat too." He said snatching his pants off.

"Good night Banks." She says before hanging up on him, going to my bedroom and closing the door.

Valentine's Day

Hearing a knock on the door, I smile knowing exactly what was there. I'd already went to the door once and there was two bouquets of flowers and a box filled with goodies, mailed from Jordan and my grandfather.

Checking my camera before going outside, I grabbed the next two bouquets and huge cardboard boxes before taking pictures of them, sending the picture to let them know I got it and shooting them a thank text before continuing with my breakfast.

I made myself cinimon rolls, eggs, bacon, and a fruit bowl, feeling boogie, but knowing I made all of it because it was on the verge of expiring.

Right as I was going to sit down though, my ring door doorbell chimed, prompting me to get completely still. But for me though, I have to see stuff with my own eyes.

After a few minutes, I checked the peephole and surprisingly, Yamir was there, but unsurprisingly not empty handed. He was here dressed to the nines in a sharp white ironed shirt, hair freshly done and cut, lotioned down, with his favorite studs.

But even with all that, he was definitely supposed to be in L.A.

"Who is it?" I questioned, like I hadn't already seen who he was.

"Me." He responded blandly, side eyeing the peephole.

"Who is,"-

"Open this damn door Brielle." He snapped impatiently, head tilted to the side with his hands clasped.

Sighing, I swung the door open, leaning against the doorframe and looked at him expectantly.

"Hey there." I said, raising my eyebrows, giving him a once over.

"Hey. Put ya shoes on and a different outfit." He told me kissing my cheek, and looking left and right down the hallway.

"What?!" I exclaimed dramatically, already being comfortable in my T-shirt and bonnet.

"I'm dressed. You need to be too. We're going out." He told me, handing me a very nice and expensive looking gift bag.

"I,"-

"Who got you these?" He asked, making his way into the kitchen and inspecting the gifts on the table.

"My dad, brothers, and grandfather." I explained, closing the door and cutting the stove off.

"They really do go all out." He said, looking in the cards and everything.

"Every year." I reminded him, tasting my food and doing my happy dance.

Yamir simply sat on there couch waiting on me expectantly and it would've been awkward if I sat with him, so I went in my room and changed.

Thank goodness I know what he's wearing so I can have an idea of what to wear. I still wore a pair of jeans though and paired them with a dressy long sleeved shirt, pulled my hair into a low ponytail and rubbed lotion and perfume on.

"Where are we going Banks?" I questioned, once I was finally dressed, genuinely not in the mood to go far.

"Why can't you just vibe?" He questioned, giving me a pair of shades before pulling me out of my apartment.

"I don't know." I questioned, thankful for them because the possibility of being hounded and followed by the paparazzi was a stressful one. "

The car?"

"Nah. We're walking." He told me, putting his sunglasses on to as we just walked.

"Walking?!" I exclaimed, my eyebrows were furrowed in confusion.

But only did I not know why we were walking the streets of my neighborhood in Houston, I also didn't know how much of this he could take.

All of those times practicing standing had pushed him to walking to walk the streets. If he were to fall, I'd definitely have to drag him back. And I'm sure it'd embarrass him before it hurt any.

"Yeah. I'm doing big things now. Keep up." He told me, pulling my hands intertwined in his in his pocket.

"Sorry sir." I said defensively, deciding not to question it and just vibe.

We walked, at a very slow rate, the best rate for him down the street to the stop sign, not saying anything but it was because we're both knew that neither of us knew what to say.

We ended up in front of his very expensive car and he unlocked the door, reaching in, verbally letting me know how much that hurt, before limping, handing me a small bouquet of the list beautiful and expensive looking flowers, all so gorgeous, but still so delicate.

"Thank you. They're gorgeous." I told him, smiling widely.

"And they smell like something." He told me, leaning leaning against the car, shifting his weight.

Truly suspicious of that, I sniffed the flowers, hoping the wouldn't leave me sneezing tomorrow.

"They do! That's actually so thoughtful." I exclaimed, pulling in the smell, it was indescribably light and airy and had a sweet smell to it, however what was obvious was the faint scent of his cologne.

He smiled, satisfied that I liked them before I decided it was time to come in.

Of course, even though he was obviously making his intense pain, he still walked me to my door with no complaints.

"You wanna come in?" I questioned, preferring he did and not just because he was in pain.

That was when I realized I'd been ignoring eye contact and finally mage it. I realized that he was staying in mine, biting his lip and obviously contemplating something.

Pulling him in my apartment, I didn't think twice. I pressed my lips against his, holding the nape of his neck.

And immediately he kissed back, placing his hand against my jaw, parting my lips, promoting both of us to use tongue, going back and forth for dominance, before I smiled, pulling away, and walked off, pointing to the door.

Hey guys 👋🏽

Idk why it takes me so long to get these chapters out. Like the hardest part is writing it but it takes me like 3 days for a section...😔

Yamir sparked a lot of conversation simply in his recovery. Is any press good press? Do you think Yamir is going to be able to come back and reach the bar he set for himself or even the expectations of other people?

Leia has however had problems in her pregnancy. Do you think this is going to take the best turn? Can you be the best aunt to an unborn child? Got full You think their mother feels about this?

Do you miss the Carter content? Cause I surely do 😝 in sure they appreciated the helping hands.

However our MCs are more than comfortable. Out there showing their private parts. However he did show is affectionate side cause he did show up for Valentine's Day.

Don't forget to vote, comment, and share!

Bye 😘

4237

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Found By urbanology19

General Fiction

124K 4.3K 54
It was because of her that I found myself. My passion. My purpose. Even with her baggage she gave me a reason. Her and her child brought life to me...
662K 39.8K 58
Love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it a memory... You know you're in love when you can say anything to the person and you know t...
4.1M 186K 41
"You could tell me you love me a million times over, but them words don't hold no weight in my heart till you show me. Show me you love me, and you c...
157 0 75
THIS IS NOT A STORY It is a point of vew of people and life the things i feel that maybe others can relate no sugar coated fantasies...If you can't...