ENNNULLE

By Karthi_writes

Maran and Maya, two independent individuals hate each other out of their family background but destiny has so... More

Cast and Prologue
Chapter 1 - Seeking Permission
Chapter 2 - Leaving to Madurai
Chapter 3 - Picking her Up
Chapter 4 - The swing
Chapter 5 - Teasing the to be Bride and Groom
Chapter 6 - Lost in your eyes for a second
Chapter 7 - Yamuna ma's love
Chapter 8 - Naming Ceremony
Chapter 9 - The loss And Truth behind
Chapter 10 - Consoling her
Chapter 11 - Night before Engagement
Chapter 12 - Time for some Action
Chapter 13 - His Trance
Chapter 14 - Shopping
Chapter 15 - The secret meet
Chapter 16 - The initial of the bond
Chapter 17 - Coincidence or Destiny?
Chapter 18 - The clash
Chapter 19 - His Care
Chapter 20 - Madan's Attrocities
Chapter 21 - His Apology
Chapter 22 - His Change
Chapter 23 - Her Fear
Chapter 24 - Doubt ?
Chapter 25 - Tricks to Convince
Chapter 26 - Rights on the other
Chapter 27 - Trouble and Trust
Chapter 28 - First talk
Chapter 29 - Shifting?
Chapter 30 - Giving a Try
Chapter 31 - The Swing - Again ?
Chapter 32 - The Biryani date
Chapter 33 - Sick
Chapter 34 - Day of Nalangu
Chapter 35 - Sangeet
Chapter 36 - Caught
Chapter 38 - Missing
Chapter 39 - A Kid or His Girl
Chapter 40 - " He is Mine "
Chapter 41 - The Dinner Date
Chapter 42 - The Proposal
Chapter 43 - " Manga urga " & " Kutty dosai "
Chapter 44 - Insecurities & Yearning
Chapter 45 - Misunderstanding
Chapter 46 - Surprises
Chapter 47 - Fear and Guilt
Chapter 48 - Thiruvila
Chapter 49 - Tease
Chapter 50 - First Outing
Chapter 51 - Brewing Bond
Chapter 52 - Reason of Rift ?
Chapter 53 - Possesive
Chapter 54 - Threaten
Chapter 55 - Born day
Chapter 56 - The promise
Chapter 57 - Her Diligence
Chapter 58 - Surprise Offer
Chapter 59 - The Blame
Chapter 60 - The Truth behind
Chapter 61 - Trichy visit
Chapter 62
Chapter - 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70 - Jenny's decision
Chapter 71 - Reconciliation
Chapter 72 - Madan's rage
Chapter 73 - Home 🏡
Chapter 74 - Love 💖
Chapter 75 - Home alone
Chapter 76 - Ilavarasi's blessings
Chapter 77 - The Hidden delight
Chapter 78 - The alliance and after effects
Chapter 79 - Maya's hurt
Chapter 80 - Surya's surprise for Ajay
Chapter 81 - Her guilt
Chapter 82 - Yamuna's Suspicion
Chapter 83 - Yamuna knows the truth
Chapter 84 - Will be there for you
Chapter 85 - Fear of loss
Chapter 86 - The grief of Loss
Chapter 87 - Her emotions
Chapter 88 - The aftermath
Chapter 89 - His Breakdown
Chapter 90 - Rajavel's decision
Chapter 91 - Change of heart
Chapter 92 - Maaran's outburst
Chapter 93 - Visit to kotagiri
Chapter 94 - Maya's disappointment
Chapter 95 - Maya's Breakdown
Chapter 96 - In safe arms
Chapter 97 - Family's acceptance
Chapter 98 - Surya's pain
Chapter 99 - Wedding ?
Chapter 100 - The attack
Chapter 101 - Ajay's Pov

Chapter 37 - Yaru da ava?

2.5K 375 117
By Karthi_writes

Maaran tried to get out of the cupboard but struggled considering his height.

Maaran: Kai kudri..

He whispered to Maya who glared at him but lent him her hand. He managed to get out of the cupboard and kicked his legs in the air before the duo walked to still shocked Anjali.

Maya: Anjali..

She called out softly while Anjali looked at her once before she plopped back on her bed.

Maya:  Anjali..

Anjali raised her hands, asking her to stop while she tried to get near her.

Anjali: enna nadakuthu Inga ?

Maaran: Mathini athu..

Anjali: Inaiku matum ah illa daily Inga thana..

Maaran and Maya looked at each other before Maaran scratched his head giving her the answer she needed.

Anjali: Evalo naal ah nadakuthu ithu ?

Maya: oru 4 varusham ah…

Anjali gasped audibly before she shook her head in disbelief

Chennai

Maya pulled herself out of the bed with a huff when her stomach grumbled loud in hunger. She had an early dinner that night and now she was hungry in the middle of the night and her tongue was craving for fast food. But considering her allergy she moved to the kitchen to find something but to her unfortunate she couldn't find any.

Only when she looked out the kitchen window and her eyes fell on the neighbor's house an idea struck her. She left back to her room and found Jenny in deep slumber and without disturbing her she picked up her mobile and walked before she carefully locked the door and left the house. 

It was not a tough job for Maya to jump the medium height compound wall but the only difference was she had jumped over the neighboring wall instead of her huge hostel wall or the one in her house.

In those past Five months after the night she and Maaran had spent roaming the city, they had repeated it more than a few times. After that night a lot changed between them, both began being casual around each other. Their routine of college and work went on and with addition the four spent the time together in the evening. They spent a lot of time together and even had dinner together most of the time. They cooked dinner alternatively at both the home and spent their evening at the particular home and on weekends it extended till late night. They watched movies, played games and chit chatted but this was simple as that just for the other two.

Jenny and Madan's friendship grew after the day at the church. Jenny left to work directly from college accompanied by Maya and returned through auto until Madan's working shirt changed. Both of their leaving time synced after his shift changed and Madan started picking her from the office which was the base of their friendship. Maya accompanied Jenny to the church every Sunday and whenever she couldn't Madan accompanied her. And in those six months they happened to meet Sebastien a few times. Unlike the first time he didn't confront them and trouble but kept glaring from a few times. Jenny was scared as guessed he might not be there to simply stare at them but Madan and Maya convinced her and comforted.

On the other hand, For Maaran and Maya those Five months was the time period which they took to give themselves a chance to understand what the other meant to them. To act true to it, they only did what their heart wanted to do when it included the other. After a point of time both knew what they were sharing was more than friendship or a mere crush. But both did not dare to go deep into it at least for now and decided to let their future in its own hands.

In this period of time, they duo did not spend much time alone except the few times they jumped over her compound for their night out. Considering Jenny's safety they decided to not to unlock the gate and jumped over it. The first couple of times Maaran helped her and after that she was at ease just like she did it now.

Maya got into the house using the spare she had and sneaked into the bedroom after a little bit of hesitation. A shocking gasp left her mouth as she found both the boys laying on each corner of the bed with their faces covered with a blanket. She sighed how she was going to identify them as both the men had the most similar psychic. She did not want to wake Madan and get caught; they thought their night outs were a secret but it was not right at first. Sighing and bringing up some confidence she moved to the right side of the bed. 

Maya: Maara 

She whispered and tapped on his shoulders without removing the blanket. After a few tries he sat up with a thud but Maya jerked when she found it to be Madan and in an instinct she moved behind the cot and hid herself near Maaran's side.

Madan rubbed his eyes and looked around with a frown before his eyes landed on Maaran before he removed the blanket from his face. He facepalmed himself when he found him smiling in sleep making Maya frown at him before she followed his eyesight and was confused with Maaran's smile.

Madan: Lusu paiyan arambichutan… epa paru avala pathi kanavu kandu bekka bekka nu sirikarathu..

Soon after Maya heard it she felt a pang of jealousy hit her as she could not take in that he was smiling thinking about some other girl. 

Madan: Ana namaku yen etho kural ketuchu.. 

" Athu bramai da.. modditu thoongu " Maaran murmured in sleep earning a glare from him.

Madan kicked on his calf muscle making him wake up with a groan.

Maaran: enna da ? He yelled.

Madan: rathiri rathiri ava kathu kita kupdra mariya irukunu.. en uyir ah vangi.. ipa enaku atha mari kekuthu da…

Maya bit her nails to control her anger trying to stop herself from jumping out of the place and holding his collar and question  " Yaru da Ava ? "

Maaran: athu bramaya iruku da..

Madan: ella Unala tha da.. nee soli soli enaku otikichu.. 

Maaran sighed: mooditu thoongu da.. 

He threw a pillow at him and laid facing the other side while Madan kicked him once again and laying back to continue his sleep. 

But Maaran lost his sleep after being woke up from the sweetest dream. He tossed for a few seconds before he huffed and left the bed to fetch some water. He returned near the bed still gulping the water while Maya hid herself behind . 

After hearing Madan she lost the mood for night out and waited for them to fall asleep once again to leave the place. 

But unexpectedly Maaran bent down to pick the bottle cap that slipped his hand and his eyes widened with a sequel finding her. She was quick to move out of the place and cover his mouth and in the process his back hit the cupboard. When Maaran noticed Madan tossing he pulled her down along with him and both waited for him to go back to sleep. Maaran signalled her to flow him and crawled out of the room.

Once he was out of the room he got up and stretched before turning to find her walking out of the room casually with a grumpy face. 

Maaran: hey Avan pathu iruntha.. 

Maya: Athu ella pakala.. she spoke looking away.

Maaran shook his head: seri Inga enna panra intha nerathula..

Maya: Haan suma vantha.. nan kelambaran...

Maaran frowned when she tried to leave and got hold of her wrist and pulled her

Maaran: Ethuku ipa vantha ethuku pora ?

Maya: atha onum illa nu solaran.. she pulled her hand out of his hold and moved away a little.

Maaran frowned at her before sighing: Pasikutha veliya poganum ah ?

Her eyes displayed a bit of surprise but she hid it behind her grumpy face confusing him for more but he guessed she was grumpy out of hunger.

Maaran: inaiku Friday Antha thatha pati iruka matanga ma.. va unaku ingaya ethachu senju tharan..

Maya: ethuvum Venda..

Maaran: sona kelu… veliya poi vera engachu sapta unakku othukathu.. nalaiku kutitu poran..

Maya was silent for a few seconds as if she was thinking something before she looked at him.

Maya: paravala veliya polam va.

She did not know why she took that decision but being angry with him she decided to hurt herself in the process of hurting him.

Maaran: Maya sona kelu Venda..

Maya: kutitu poga mudiyum ah mudiyatha..

Maaran: Umayal..

Maya glared at him which finally convinced him to take her out.

Maaran: iru varen..

Maya: enga pora..

Maaran: shots oda irukan di.. poi mathitu… cash eduthutu varen.

Maya stayed silent while Maaran shook his head and left for the room. He returned after sometime and both left the house. The no destination walk was unusually silent as the usual chrippy girl was grumpy, not even trying to look at him.

Maaran sighed: Maya sona kelu veetuku polam va..

Maya glared at him and kept walking without replying, confusing him. He was confused about the reason for being grumpy, that she was even restricted to even speak to him.

As he kept wondering they reached a midnight fast food shop and Maya left there.

Maya: bhaya pani puri… she showed him a finger indicating one plate.

Maaran: Umayal.. enna panra.. athu ella sapdatha..

Maya: ipa sapta enna ?

Maaran: Maya ethuku enaikum illama inaiku ipadi pudivatham panra..

Maya: enaku sapdanum nu thonuthu nan sapdran unaku athula enna prechana…

Maaran: Venda Maya kasta paduva..

Maya: Nan thena padran.. paravala … she chided and turned to the boy who was in ths shop.. Baiya one plate..

She said before she moved to sit on one of the stools that was placed in front of the shop.

Maaran could not understand anything, he knew she was careful with her food intake but today she was adamant to have something that would hurt her and he did not know why.

He tried to stop her but she refused to listen and kept eating.

Maaran: Maya pothum..

He got hold of her wrist and stopped her when she walked towards the ' Thalu vandi ' with an empty plate. Maya stared back at him before leaving to dispose of the empty plate in the tray and wash her hand.

Maya: Evalo bhaiya ?

" Sixty "

She nodded and turned to Maaran and without saying anything she sank her fingers into his shirt pocket and took a hundred rupee note and gave it to the boy. Receiving the change she kept it back in Maaran's pocket and started walking out of the place who was staring at her.

Maaran sighed before following her and the walk back home was pin drop silent. Once they reached their home Maya left inside the gate and turned once he called and stayed silent.

Maaran: Umayal ipa unaku enna prechana yen pesa matingara..

Maya: enaku entha prechanayum illa.. Veliya kutitu ponathu thanks… she gritted out and turned leave stopped and once again looked at him… And Sorry un dream ah keduthathuku.. po poi naala kanavu kaanu  po.… avala ninachu beka beka Siri po.. she murmured the last line but he was able to hear.

Maaran stood there frowning at her retreating figure until he realized everything that happened in the past two hours and grinned widely.

Maaran: apa Prakash pesunathu ella ketutu tha Madan ivalo kovam ah irunthala.. Apa nan vera yaraiyo ninachu thookathula sirikaran nu ivalo kovam varum ah.. He chuckled, rubbing his nape with a tint of blush before he left back to his house after a few minutes.

—----

Fortunately, Maya did not have any food allergy that time and Maaran was finally in relief.

Two days later, Maaran left for Madurai as he got a short leave. But in those two days Maya was all grumpy towards him. Even though he knew the reason for it he kept teasing her asking for it making her more angry.

Even Jenny guessed something was wrong between them but did not want to interfere as she already understood where this would end up and she also knew it would only end in a positive way.

Jenny came into the room to find Maya lost in her own world looking out of the neighbor house and sighed deciding what to do. She silently peeked towards the nightstand and took Maya's mobile and made a call to Maaran and disconnected it before he attended. She turned to find Maya still lost in thoughts.

Jenny: Hey.. Maya.. Maya… she shook her and finally gained her attention.

Maya: enna di ?

Jenny: unaku pathila nan samaikala.. sapda mudiyathu.. vanthu sapdu va….

Maya: Samachutiya ?.. nana vanthu irupan illa..

Jenny: eppa direct ah breakfast ka ?

Maya: yen di?

Jenny: Time ah paru…

Maya looked at the wall clock and audibly gasped at the time. It showed half past nine she had been seated there for more than four from the moment she had returned from college not even taking effort to refresh.

Maya jerked out of the bed : Yenadi nee aachu kupdrukalam..

Jenny: Nala yosi nan kupdava illa nu..

Maya: kuptiya ?

Jenny: Naalu mani nerathula 7 thadava kuptan.

Maya gave a thiruttu muli making Jenny glare at her.

Maya: seri seri di kovichukatha.. Nan nalaiku cook panikaran.. ipa poi sapdalam va..

She hugged Jenny and dragged her out of the room to have dinner.

Maaran who returned back to room after having a heartful dinner made by his mother noticed the missed call from Maya.

Maaran: athu kula Madam ku kovam koranjurucho.. illaya avalo seekram samathanam aga matala.. oru Vela ethachu emergency ah irukumo ?

He panicked and quickly dialed back and the first call was left unattended. His panic grew and he kept trying and finally the call was attended to the fifth time.

Maaran: Umayal enna aachu yen phone edukala.

On the other hand Maya , who had attended the call without noticing the caller id, frowned before checking it once.

Maaran: Umayal pesu..

Maya: nee ipa ethuku tension agara.. enna aachu.. urula ethachu prechanaya?

Maaran: enaku prechanaya va.. nee thena call Pani iruntha atha ethachu prechanayo nu call pana..

Maya: nan call panana… illaya nan ethuvum panalaya?

Maaran: illa un number la irunthu call vanthu irunthuchu.. nan keela irunthu ipa tha mela vantha.. atha odana kuptan.

Maya: illa Maara.. Nan panala

Maaran: nambalana un call history paru ?

Maya frowned before she checked her mobile and found her last call made to him was on the day she got angry with him when she had called him to inform him that she had started from the college. She was confused but soon she guessed he might have created a play to convince her.

Maya: enna Inga convince pana mudila nu.. anga poi trick ah ?

Maaran: What ?

Maya: un Mela kovama irukan nu.. Inga enna elamo pana.. ipa anga poi en phone la irunthu call vanthunu.. drama panraya?

Maaran: chi.. avalo palaya idea ella nan pana matan..

Maya: theriyuthu theriyuthu.. she rolled her eyes.

Maaran: seri vidu.. ungaluku anga oru problem uh illaya.

Maya sighed: athu ella illa.. seri veikaran..

Maaran: Umayal Umayal..

Maya: enna ?

Maaran: Ethuku kovam ah irukanu solitu aachu iru.. konjam aaruthala vaachu iruku.. ipadi nee panrathu .. " ethuku da nan seri patu vara matan.. solitutu thitunga da " comedy mari iruku..

Maya almost chuckled but somewhat guessing his eagerness to hear her chuckle she sniffled it back.

Maaran: Solu Maya please..

Maya: athu ella sola mudiyathu.. theva na poi neeya kandu pudi.. she paused for a second before murmuring .. unaku tha avala pathi kanuvu kanava neram seriya iruka..

Maaran laughed out loud, unable to control anymore, hearing her murmurs.

Maya: ethuku da ipa sirikara ? She yelled.

Maaran: Apa anaiku Madan pesunatha ketutu tha madam kovam ah irukingalo..

Maya: athu ella illa.

Maaran: hey ipa ne athana sona.. anaiku itha tha sona.

Maya: apa unaku anaiku ketuchu.. apram ethuku da solu solu en uyir ah vanguna ?

Maaran: apa yaro en kanavula vanthathu tha un kovathuku Karanam nu nee othukara apdi thena..

Maya: huh.. athu..

Maaran: hey hey ipa ethuku ivalo kasta padra.. atha reason nu enaku anaika theriyum..

He spoke to her as he moved to sit on the bed while Maya stood near the window staring at his room window. Her cheeks heated in embarrassment with the fact she was caught.

Maaran: Seri atha vidu.. en kanavula yaru vantha unaku enna ?

Maya's face had a realized expression which he would easily guess even in the voice call. In fact, she had no reason to be angry with him for dreaming about some other girl. Was she being possessive about him but why ? She was confused.

Maaran: enna sathathava kanom..

Maya: nee evala nenachu kanavu Kanda enaku enna… she said it out but her heart yelling to question him " Yaru da Ava ? "

Maaran: apa athu yarunu unaku theriya Venda.

Maya: Venda..

Maaran: unaku Venda naalum nan soluvan…

Maya: solika nan keka matan..

She dragged her phone away from her ears and heard him chuckle before she replace it to a shorter distance.

Maaran: Hey fraud uh.. ithuku pakathulaya vechu kekalam..

Her eyes widened in surprise but she kept silent and heard him speak.

Maaran: Seri venum na clue kudukava… Venum na antha ponu epadi irupanu solaran.. mudinja kandu pudi..he smirked when silence remained on the other side.

Maaran: Height uh.. oru 5.5 irupa.. weight oru 45.. konja Oli tha.. color romba fair uh illa romba dark illa.. Mutta kannu.. medium length hair uh.. Character wise.. sema bold.. thapu na yaru enna nu pakama pattunu Kai neetuva.. Mithapadi veen sandai ku ella poga mata.. athuku nan matum exception.. en kita veen sandai matum tha poduva..

Maya huffed in annoyance and stomped her foot before hitting her fist on the rails of the turning back.

Maya: pothum poo... she literally yelled before her eyes fell on her reflection on the mirror before her.

She frowned as she walked towards the mirror before she gasped in realization. But still she did not want to accept and turned around to look at herself in the mirror. She did it twice or thrice before once again her brain registered that he was not talking about some random girl but her. A sudden heat crept her cheeks turning them red as she bit her lips to control her expression. She did not want to go deep into why he must dream about her instead she wanted to rejoice the moment and she was doing. She looked at the mirror once again and tapped her forehead with the mobile.

" Oii.. " A voice from the other side brought her out of trance.

Maaran:  Enna sathava kanom.. he asked in a knowing tone.

Maya: onu illa..

This time her voice came out as rasp with a tint of blush making Maaran understand she had guessed. Maaran chuckled softly to himself before rubbing his nape as the call went into a peaceful silence of two minutes.

Unable to take the silence anymore Maya decided to break it by changing the topic.

Maya: Maara.. he just hummed.. veetulaya iruka ?

Maaran: ama..

Maya: enaku oru help panraiya?

Maaran: help nu ella kekanum ah enna venum solu…

Maya: Enaku Veeta kamikaraiya.. please..

Maaran: ipava ?

Maya: please..

Maaran thought for a second before agreeing and switching to video call.

He started from his room and left downstairs and showed the living room. As everyone retired to sleep early he just showed her living kitchen before once again leaving upstairs.

Her eyes shined in excitement while a wide smile was plastered on her face. But Maaran found something other than excitement, he saw yearning hidden in her eyes. He knew how she loved the house and the people in it as a child and even now. Even though she had met with the people for the functions and celebration which was held in another city just for her and her family to attend, she yearned to be in that particular house she had spent the initial stage of her childhood. Realizing the yearning in her eyes he felt the urge to solve all the problems between their families and take her home. But he did not want to take her as his cousin anymore instead - he shook his smile when this crossed his mind.

Maya waved her hand in front of the camera to gain his attention, who was smiling to himself - he was showing the house through the front camera along with him.

Maya: enna ?

Maaran shook his head but before he could she called him out.

Maya: Maara un pinnadi oru room theranthu iruku illa..

He turned to realize that he had skipped a room with his thoughts.

Maya: Athu.. athu Amma room thena ?

Maaran turned to her and nodded before he noticed her eyes getting teary.

Maya: anga poyen..

Maaran left back to the room and showed her the entrance before leaving into the room and showed her as she watched it with a welled up eyes.

Maaran: Umayal ethuku alara.

Maya shook her head, wiping her tears.

Maya: next month amma oda death anniversary…

She spoke as she sobbed slightly, making him feel helpless. He wanted to take her in his arms, wipe her tears and convince her, saying some sweet nothing in her ears. But at the same time a pang of guilt that has been killing him for almost two decades is coming back. He knew he must not put himself down as he had the duty of convincing Maya who had almost started to break down.

Bringing up his courage, he tried to convince her and finally succeeded after a fifteen minute talk and buffon stuff. He was revealed when finally a small smile appeared on her face. He continued to speak to her as he did not want to until she fell asleep.

*****

Hi dearssss chapter epadi irukunu solunga..

Sorry could not upload as I was held up with work. This might continue for the upcoming week too, as it is year and end, the work is hectic. After that will try to give updates on all my books.

Do vote and share if you like and comment your suggestions.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 3.5K 36
Their love story contains a lot of misunderstandings, love, jealousy, possessiveness and ups and downs. Everything changes one by one but one thing s...
63K 2.6K 13
_A SHORT STORY ON RIANSH_ __Cᴏᴍᴘʟᴇᴛᴇᴅ__ Cover credit:- @SamairaRajput @BlueStarCommunity ___Top Rankings___ 1 in #Rrahulsudhir 7 in #hellyshah 3 in...
35.6K 1.2K 44
Cousins and a bunch of friends.... that's what they were, enjoying life in their own possible ways. Come a sudden marriage, hidden marriage and a hea...
12.7K 769 42
A story where love reaches it's destination. God has made one for everyone we just need to wait for the right one, our heart will recognize it's bett...