A Wild Ride | AU Dabi Fanfic

By sup3rn0va_x

"Look, Akira. There are a lot of things that you don't know. You need to realize that I'm not the one you sho... More

Introduction
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three

Twenty Three

1K 27 24
By sup3rn0va_x

Spotify

https://spotify.link/mxFECfoAhyb

Username: birdsofparadis
Playlist title: ‧͙⁺˚*。・:*˚:

Tiktok
novaxsummers

*:.pls vote and comment .:*

Akira's POV

I don't even know what to make of this situation.

Dabi, the man who I just told I loved... has been lying to me since the day we fucking met.

He told me Suki was going to be okay... when all along he knew how dangerous the drug was.

Why would he even sell drugs? More so fucking make them?!

I get it's the industry, and his line of work and everything... but he fucking told me he didn't deal with drugs.

He told me.

If he had just been honest with me at the start... I would've understood. Why did he have to fucking lie?

It was his club. He knew the drugs were there.

Why would Suki take the drugs in the first place?

God... there's a million fucking questions running through my brain right now and I don't know what to make of any of it.

The sun has finally risen.

I've sat here, all night, alone... just waiting for my best friend to wake up.

My head snaps up as I hear the door open, "Hey."

"Daichi."

He rushes over to me and the second I feel his arms wrap around me, cries are let out. "I can't... I can't believe this happened."

"Shh... I know. It's okay. She's gonna be fine. Just breathe, Kira."

We both sit down in the chairs, "Tell me what happened." He says.

"We were at the club, and she took some pills... and now here we are."

"Since when does Suki do drugs?"

"She doesn't. I have no idea why she even took them." I scoff, "And you wanna know the most fucked up part? Guess who the drugs came from."

He sighs, "Oh, no." Because he knows who it is without me even saying.

"Mhm. He fucking sells drugs, Daichi. He never told me that. He fucking lied to me about it, and has been this entire time."

"I'm sure he didn't mean for this to happen."

My brows furrow, "Didn't mean for this to happen? Do you hear yourself right now? He's involved with fucking drugs. He knew the risks. And he still fucking did it."

"Did he explain why?"

"Why the hell are you defending him right now? You don't even like him."

"I'm not defending him... I just think you should give him a chance to explain."

I stand from the chair, "Suki almost died, Daichi!" I whisper yell, "And it's all his fucking fault! Nothing he says will ever make this okay!"

"Aki–"

"I'm going to the cafeteria. Stay with her."

I wasn't even hungry.

I didn't want to eat, and had no appetite at all. But I needed to get away from him.

Why is everyone acting like this isn't some extremely fucked up situation?

Daichi has always been a rational person... but for something like this? With her? It just doesn't make sense.

I pull my vibrating phone from my pocket, "What do you want, D?"

"Suki's awake."

The second he says those words, I run to the stairs because the elevator would take too long, and by the time I reach the room I'm entirely out of breath.

"Suki?" I say, panting.

"Why are you out of breath?"

I chuckle as I rush over to the bed, hugging her, "Because I just ran up four flights of stairs, idiot."

"Ew, you're sweaty."

"I'll go get the doctor." Daichi says.

"Do you remember what happened?"

"Yeah. I OD'd."

I sigh, "Why did you take the drugs in the first place?"

"I don't knowww... I just wanted to have a little extra fun. And Emi gave them to me... she said they make her feel really good... so I figured what's the harm, y'know?"

"That was really stupid thing to do. Taking drugs from Emi of all people? That girl does hardcore drugs."

"I know... I really fucked up. But it's okay! Because I'm fine!"

"Suki... you almost died. It was really bad."

Her expression drops, "Oh..." She shrugs, "Eh, it's fiinnee. I'm alive, aren't I?"

I have to tell her where the drugs came from.

I don't even know if I'll be able to.

"Look, Suki... about the drugs... there's something you should know."

"What is it?"

Our conversation is cut short by Daichi and the doctor walking into the room, "I'll tell you later."

***

Some time passes by, as the doctor asks Suki a bunch of questions and has her vitals read, but he officially tells her she can be released.

"I'm so happy to be leaving. I need a fucking shower."

"Me too. A shower, and some food."

As the three of us make our way to the lobby, we are stopped by security, "Mr. and Mrs. Kojima, please come with us."

Daichi and I look at each other, but he speaks up, "What is this regarding?"

"Please, come with us. All three of you."

We follow the man into the security office, being confused as ever.

"What's going on?" I say.

"My name is Tanaka– chief of security. It's a pleasure to meet two members of the Kojima family, even given the circumstance. There is a swarm of paparazzi outside of the building, looking for you. I guess they got word that you were at the hospital."

Fuck.

Of course.

"This isn't good, D. Mom and Dad are gonna find out about–"

"I'm sure they probably already know by now. I'm surprised neither of us has gotten a call from them."

Yeah... it's suspicious.

"Mr. Tanaka, is there a back exit we can leave out of to avoid paparazzi? My car is in the parking garage."

"Yes. You'll be escorted just in case."

We follow the two security guards out of the back exit and into the garage, finally reaching Daichi's car.

"There will be two other men waiting for you by the ambulance exit to make sure you get out discreetly."

"Thank you so much."

Jeez... I can't have one minute to relax, can I?

"So, what was it you wanted to tell me, Aki?"

Fuck. Forgot about that.

"Uhh... yeah. It's about the drugs."

I hesitate and turn around to face her in the back seat, "They uhh... they came from Dabi."

Her expression changes, "What?"

"He's the main supplier."

"Aki... are you sure?"

"Yeah. He told me last night when we were here. Him and Keigo both were."

Daichi doesn't say anything, but I can see him glance at me.

"Oh. I mean, I knew they were in a gang and what not, but I didn't know they dealt with drugs. You never told me."

"That's because I didn't know, either. He lied to me. Since day fucking one... he's been lying to me. Keigo too."

"I take it you're mad at him?"

My brows furrow and I scoff, "Are you serious? Of course I'm mad at him. Why the hell wouldn't I be?"

"Well..."

"Suki, you almost fucking died because of him. You heard what the doctor said, and how serious it was. This wasn't just a small, little thing that happened."

"Yeah... but like... I'm not dead. I'm still very much alive."

I roll my eyes, "That's not the point. He's been lying to me this entire time, and it almost cost your life. I don't know if I'll be able to forgive him."

I turn back around in the seat, but I can feel the two of them staring at me.

I don't need to deal with this right now.

***

Suki decided to stay at my house instead of going back to hers, for whatever reason.

She really should just move in at this point.

But when we walked in the house, it wasn't anything like we could have imagined.

"Mom?" The three of us stop in the doorway, dumbfounded, "What are you doing here?"

"Hello, Akira. Daichi, darling."

"Hey, Mom."

"How did you even get in?"

"Oh, please. Did you really think that your Father and I wouldn't have access to the house we bought you?"

"I mean... no? That defeats the whole point of having my own privacy."

She rolls her eyes, "Suki, would you mind giving us the room? I'm sure you want to lie down after being in the hospital all night."

So she knows. Shit.

"Right. I'll... be upstairs."

"I'll come with."

"Actually, Daichi, this concerns you as well."

Suki heads up the stairs and disappears, while Daichi and I walk into the house, "What is this about, Mom?"

"I heard about your little outing last night. Our team had to work tirelessly to try and get rid of any word about it in the media."

Great.

"I mean, really, Akira... going out to a club and doing drugs? Your friend getting hospitalized for it? I knew you were never a classy woman but I didn't expect this. It makes our name look terrible."

I scoff, "And I knew you were heartless... but Suki nearly died, and you're concerned with our name being tainted?"

Suddenly, my Father comes walking from around the corner, dropping a pile of photos on the table in front of us.

"Explain this."

I pick up the stack, which contained photographs of me, Suki... and Dabi.

Well, fuck.

"I... uh... he was just there, because it's his club. A-And saw that Suki had overdosed... and helped us. Helped her get to the hospital in time." I say while looking through the photos.

At least they aren't of me and Dabi kissing or anything. They're all just of us rushing to the car.

"The media is going to have a field day if this gets released."

"What do you want me to say, Dad? The photos are only of us going to the car. Nothing bad."

"It doesn't matter, Akira. You know that. You should have just called an ambulance. Now, there's going to be tons of speculation between you and Dabi."

"So? It's not like people know who he is. He just looks like some... bad boy, or whatever. It's... it's not like there's anything going on between us."

My mother takes a step forward, crossing her arms, "Are you really going to stand there and lie to us?"

Shit.

Play dumb.

"What? I'm not lying."

"You expect us to believe that nothing is going on?"

"There's... there's not. This is only the second time I've seen him. The first was at that stupid dinner."

She scoffs, "Akira–"

"It's true, Mom." Daichi speaks up, shocking both of us, "If there was something going on between them, I would know."

"Daichi, I don't know why you insist on defending your liar of a sister."

"She's not lying. And I wouldn't lie to you, either. You know that."

I give Daichi a small smile, letting out of a breath of relief.

Thank god for Daichi.

My mothers eyes look back and forth between Daichi and I, then to my father, "Hiroshi?"

"If they both say nothing is going on, then I believe them."

What the...

"Very well, then. We'll be on our way. And a word of advice, darling– try not to be such a disappointment. Even more so than you already are. We can only cover over so many of your mistakes."

Unbelievable.

They both walk towards the door but my father stops, "Be back at the office on Monday. If Suki needs the day to recuperate, she can take it." He says, then they both exit my house.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding, "Jesus. Thanks, D."

"They're gonna find out sooner or later. You better figure out what the hell you're doing with him."

"Yeah... I don't know. Things are all fucked up right now and I don't know when I'll be able to face him again. We had made up last night at the club... but then everything with Suki happened, and I found out about the drugs, and... yeah. Back to square one. Or even worse, now."

"I think you should talk–"

"I'm not doing this right now, Daichi."

"Aki–"

"I'm exhausted. I'm going to bed."

I'll talk eventually.

But not now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Fake Love By :)

Fanfiction

150K 3.5K 50
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
1M 18.7K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
352K 15.2K 39
เชœโ€โžดแกฃ๐ญฉ hidden, various hazbin hotel characters x female reader เชœโ€โžดแกฃ๐ญฉ ๐‘ฐ๐’ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’Š๐’„๐’‰ we follow an angel named y/n, who had her bes...
1.7M 57.9K 71
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...