A Wild Ride | AU Dabi Fanfic

By sup3rn0va_x

"Look, Akira. There are a lot of things that you don't know. You need to realize that I'm not the one you sho... More

Introduction
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three

Twenty Two

1.2K 26 54
By sup3rn0va_x

Spotify

https://spotify.link/mxFECfoAhyb

Username: birdsofparadis
Playlist title: ‧͙⁺˚*。・:*˚:

Tiktok
novaxsummers

*∞:.pls vote and comment .:∞*

Akira's POV

It's been five days, making it now Friday, and I haven't seen Dabi at all.

We've barely texted, and he says it's because he's been crazy busy with work... but I'm not too sure if I believe him. It can't be a coincidence that ever since I told him I loved him, he's wanted nothing to do with me.

I mean... it's not like he has a normal job.

I have no idea exactly what it is that he does... only the gist of it. I guess in that sort of "business" things can get really busy.

But still... he could at least come and see me at night.

"I can't believe how dead it's been here."

"I know... it's weird. Daichi said they've been really busy in the lab, so that's why we haven't seen them."

It's silent for a second before Suki speaks up, "Hey... did Dabi ever tell you how he was associated with your Dad?"

Now that I think about it... no. He hasn't.

I can't exactly blurt out that they're part of a gang, either.

"He only told me that they were there in place of his boss. But he never told me why. I'm just assuming that they're investors for my Dad, or he probably funds their company. I don't know."

"Weird."

"Yeah. Anyway... let's go out tonight."

"Yeah? Where?"

"Monsoon."

Suki crossed her arms, "This have anything to do with Dabi? You think that if you go to his club that he'll be there?"

"No..." She makes a face at me, "Okay... maybe a little. But I do want to go out regardless. And the chances of seeing Dabi there are high."

"You really haven't seen him since?"

"Nope. He's avoiding me. I know it."

"Don't say that–"

"You know it's true, Suki. I fucked everything up."

"No, you didn't do anything wrong. He's the one fucking it up by not talking to you."

I guess that's true.

"You know? You're right. I'm done sulking. If he wants nothing to do with me, then he can tell me himself. I'm not gonna text him first anymore."

"Attaaa girl! Good to have you back, Aki."

And I'm gonna make sure that I have a great time tonight. No matter what. Maybe I'll get lucky and Dabi won't be there so I won't have to think about him.

***

Suki came to my house right after work, and we decided to order some take out before going out tonight.

"God... rich person sushi is so fucking good."

"This is the same sushi we always get."

"I know but it tastes so good today." She takes a sip from her wine glass, "You know what you're gonna wear?"

"Nope. Do you?"

"Something of yours."

We both laugh, "Of course. Guess we should probably get ready if we wanna be there by ten."

"Ughhh... I don't wannaaaa. The couch is so comfy."

"Oh, shut up. You're excited to go out."

"I know," She jumps from the couch, "Let's go get sexy."

***

When we got to the club, it was already insanely packed. Of course, we're on the VIP list, so we didn't have to wait.

We sit in our usual booth, to where a few of our friends were waiting.

"Can I get you ladies a drink?"

"Two martinis please. Extra dirty."

"Oouuu, a martini. Sexy."

"Yeah, I was feeling it."

The waiter comes back with our drinks five minutes later, "Thank you."

"Let me know if you need anything else, Ms. Kojima."

I quickly down my martini, getting Suki's attention, "Woah. That was fast. Might as well take mine, too. I don't want it."

"Since when don't you want a martini?"

"Just not feeling it tonight."

Whatever, more for me.

I take the second glass in my hand, sitting back on the velvet sofa as I do so.

Observing everyone.

I wonder if I'll see Dabi... or any of them.

No. Stop. Don't think about him tonight.

I sat and watched as my friends moved their bodies on the dance floor, with each other and with strangers.

When suddenly, my eyes were met with the view in front of me.

"Sitting all alone in a VIP booth? That's no fun."

My brows furrow, "Can I help you?"

He chuckles, "I'm Hachiro. You're Akira Kojima, aren't you?"

I scoff, "Do I know you?"

"No. But I know you." He steps into the booth, uninvited, sitting next to me, "I have to say... you're way more beautiful in person. The media doesn't do you nearly enough justice."

"Is that supposed to charm me?"

"Depends. Are you charmed?"

I swirl the liquid in my glass while looking straight ahead, away from me, "I'm not interested. I have a boyfriend."

"Oh, really? How come I've never seen anything in the media about him?"

"Not that it's any of your business, but we're keeping things private."

"Mhm. And where is this boyfriend of yours now? I don't see him."

The tone in which he spoke in pissed me off.

He sounded so smug... I hated it.

"Then turn around." Dabi's voice says, "Now you see him. And I suggest you get the fuck away from my girl and out of my club before you're thrown out."

The guy scoffs and rolls his eyes, then walks away.

"I didn't know you were here." Says Dabi.

"Yeah, well... how could you? You haven't talked to me in days."

"Really? Can we not do this right now? I'm here now, aren't I?" His hand cups my face, "I've missed you, princess. Come onnn,"

My straight face expression cracks as he kisses my face and causes me to laugh, "Fine. I missed you, too." Our lips finally connect, "God, I really missed you."

"We sound like one of those really clingy, cliché couples."

"That's because we are."

I was so happy to finally see him, that I entirely forgot about the current situation.

I'm not about to bring that up now, though. It's not the time or place for it.

"You look sexy as always. This a new outfit?"

"Mhm. I bought it with all of the free time I've had lately."

"Oh, hush." He playfully shoves me.

"Aki!" Suki comes trotting over but stops when she sees Dabi, "And Dabi... hey."

"Guess you two made up."

"Of course we did!"

"Jeez, Suki. We've been here for less than two hours and you're already drunk."

She laughs, "Hehehe... yeaaaah. Except I'm not drunk."

"Oh, you're not?" I say, sarcastically.

"Nope," She pops the 'p', and leans in and whispers to Dabi and me, "It's the pills."

I scoff, "Yeah, okay."

"Yeaahhhh..." She slurs and laughs, "It was a pretty pink one, too! And I think purple. Idoonreallyyy remember."

My expression drops once I realize she's being serious. "Suki, you actually took drugs?! Are you fucking insane?! Do you even know what it was?!"

"Ohhh, relaaaaxx, Aki! It's fine! It's just like, percocets, or something."

"You mixed it with fucking alcohol! It's not fine! You've never even taken pills like that before!"

"You're being such a buzzkilllll."

"Suki, how much did you take?" Dabi interjects.

"Uhh... I dunno... a few?"

"A few?! Oh my god."

"Baby, relax. She'll be okay."

I sigh, "Drink water and only water, okay? If you feel sick or anything, let me know and we'll leave right away."

"Yeah, yeah. I'm gonna go dance now. I feel fuckinggg greaattt!"

Oh, jesus.

"So much for a fun night out. I can't believe she did this."

"It's fine, baby. Just relax with me."

I guess he's right.

"Fine."

**An hour later...**

"So, how come you were here tonight? Work?"

"Mhm. I told them to let me know if you check in. That's how I knew you were here."

I sigh, "Have things really been that busy at work? Or have you just been avoiding me?"

"It's been really crazy, yeah. But we finished today. Things will be back to normal... I promise."

Things won't ever go back to normal unless we talk about what I said.

"Look, Dabi... about what I said–"

"Akira!" I hear my name being shouted as Emi runs up to me, "Akira! It's Suki!"

"What happened?!"

"I don't know! We were in the bathroom and she just collapsed! She won't wake up!"

No.

This isn't fucking happening.

Dabi and I push through the crowd and to the bathroom, retrieving Suki. The bouncers help carry Suki out and to Dabi's car, as he speeds us to the hospital.

"You said she'd be fine!"

"She will be! We're almost at the hospital!"

I can't even think right now.

I can't breathe.

I don't know what the fuck to do.

Dabi carries Suki into the hospital, "We need help! I think she overdosed."

"What did she take?" The nurse asks me.

"I-I don't know! Please, you have to help her!"

A few nurses gather around and place her on a gurney, then rush her away.

"You're gonna have to stay here, miss."

Tears stream down my face as I watch them wheel away Suki, "Don't leave me, Suki. You can't." Dabi pulls me into his chest as I sob, "She... she has to be okay. She has to be."

Dabi's POV

After what felt an eternity for them to give us any information on Suki, they finally did.

She's still alive. But she barely made it. Had we gotten her there a few minutes later she'd be dead.

It was an overdose, of course.

Akira hasn't left her side. I've never seen her so torn up about something before.

"Hey... how is she?"

"Alive."

"This... this is bad, Dabi. Really bad."

"You think I don't know that, Keigo?"

We both stare into the window, "Do you know for sure that it was–"

"Yeah."

"Did you tell her?"

"No. She's gonna hate me when she finds out."

"Shit. We... we have to tell her, man."

Fuck.

"Yeah. I know." I let out a breath, "This is gonna suck." I say, then open the door.

Her head snaps up, "Keigo... hey."

"Hey, Peach. I'm sorry for what happened."

She shakes her head, "I just... I don't get why she would take the pills in the first place. She's not a drug person."

"Did the doctor tell you what it was?"

"Yeah... but I don't remember what he said was in it. Just that it's a popular drug amongst the club crowd, and it comes in different colors... I don't know. I think he said it had some sort of logo on it... lines, or an arch, or something? My brain is too overwhelmed to remember anything right now."

Fuck.

Keigo and I both stay silent, because we know that what's about to happen is going to be really fucking bad.

"Niji." I finally speak up.

"What?"

I let out a breath, "The pills she took– it's called Niji."

Her brows furrow, "How do you know that?"

I'm sorry, Akira.

I truly am.

I hesitate, "Because they came from me."

"What are you talking about?"

"I... we... don't make the drug... but we work with scientists and pharmacists to create it, then we distribute it to the smaller sellers. She didn't get it from me directly... but it's my drug."

The look on her face says it all.

She stands from the chair and walks closer to Keigo and me, "You... you mean to tell me that when I asked you if you dealt with drugs, you just... you lied straight to my face. You've been lying to me this entire time."

My eyes close, sighing, "Yes."

She looks at Keigo, "And you... you knew about it."

"Yeah. I did."

She lets out a sardonic laugh, "Oh... my god." Her hand pushes her hair back, gripping it in frustration, "I... I can't believe this. You both have been lying to me since day fucking one. Was it all just a fucking lie? Everything between us? Was any of it even real?"

"Of course, baby, I–"

"My best friend is lying in a hospital bed, just barely escaping death... because of you. How can you even look at me right now?"

"Akira, please–"

"Get out. Both of you."

"I'm sorry, Peach. I really am." Keigo exits the room, leaving just Akira and I.

"Baby–"

"You knew."

"What?"

"When Suki told us she took the drugs. You knew exactly what it was, didn't you?"

I sigh, "Yes, but–"

"Oh my god. And you told me she'd be okay. You fucking told me to relax, because she was going to be fine."

"Please, just–"

"I don't want to hear it, Dabi. I have nothing more to say to you."

"Akira—"

"Leave, Dabi." She says, her voice holding so much anger in it.

I watched as the tears fell from her eyes, "I'm sorry."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 51.3K 97
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
492K 14.2K 106
"aren't we just terrified?" 9-1-1 and criminal minds crossover 9-1-1 season 2- criminal minds season 4- evan buckley x fem!oc
1.1M 59.2K 37
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
214K 8.9K 24
Where Lewis Hamilton goes to a cafe after a hard year and is intrigued when the owner doesn't recognise him. "Who's Hamilton?" Luca says from the ba...