(JILY) MARAUDERS AND VALKYRIE...

By stag__prongs

Follow the Marauders and Valkyries (Lily, Marlene, Mary) as they enter their FIFTH YEAR in Hogwarts. How... More

INTRO
1. FIFTH YEAR BEGINS
2.Professor Patrick Rakepick
3. Stag, Wolf, Dog, and Rat
4. The Pranks
5. The Beatles
6. A VERY SIRIUS CHRISTMAS
7. Best Pair
8. The Dueling Championship
9. The Shrieking Shack
10.YELLOW SUBMARINE( final duel)
11. SWEET CAROLINE
12. The Ball
13.The Valkyries
14. The Mary Incident
15. The Attack
16. Detention with Hagrid
17. The Stalker
18. Sirius' Prank Mistake
19. The Broken Friendship
20. Choices
21.The Marauding Campsite
22. O.W.Ls and Mudblood
23. True Friends
24. End of 5th Year
25.Aunt May Parker(and Uncle Ben)
26.Petunia Loves Lily (a nice one)
27. Godric's Hollow(an' ol' Bathilda)
28. Prongs with stags and deers(back to hogwarts)
29. Potions Partner
30. Through the Light
31. The Funeral
32.Helping Dumbledore (and Love Potions)
33. Misunderstanding
34. FINALLY!
35. CHRISTMAS
36.THE HEIST AT MALFOY MANOR
37. Sectumsempra
38. The Dancing Queen
39.The Dark Day
40. HORCRUXES
41.Voldemort's Only Love(Tom and Aisha)
42. A Dog Ate My Homework(and Knockturn Alley)
43. The First and The New Death Eaters
44. The Boggart (not again)
45. The Death Eaters' Attack
46. The Offer (Dumbledore vs Grindlwald)
47. Jily Meets Harry Potter(time-turner incident)
48. The Chamber of Secrets
49. The Prophecy (end of 6th year)
50. In Leaky Cauldron
51. Living With The Evans
52. Head Duties
53. The Good News!
54. The Sad News!
55. Halloween (A shoulder to cry on)
56. The Blonde Marauders
57. Thanatos' New Partner
58. First Kill
59. Snape and Narcissa
60. Promises.
61. Tuney's wedding( Lily's explanation)
62. Patronuses (Soulmates)
63. King of Forest(comfort)
64. Slytherin's Locket
65. The Messages (Peter's decision)
66. Nagini (The Lignum Family)
67. The Proposal (HAPPY TOGETHER)
68. NEWTs(Quidditch Finals)
69. The Secrets of Dumbledore(eavesdropper)
70. Graduation (ORDER OF PHOENIX)
71. The Mckinnons(Big Ben Attack)
72. THE JILY WEDDING
74. It's Potter. Lily Potter (wrecking ball)
75. Legends Never Die
76. My Gallant Hero
77. The Unexpected Help
78. The Only One He Ever Feared(Gringotts)
79. Voldemort's Reign (TRAITOR)
80. The Flaw in the Plan
EPILOGUE/ MISCHIEF MANAGED

73. Albania, Vampires and Captured

53 1 0
By stag__prongs

Peter Pettigrew's life could be described in one word 'miserable.' He would be called for Order missions with the people who would all think he was weak for main actions, sure he liked to stay behind but he liked the action and he didn't like the funny jokes made to him. With his brothers it was different, he was comfortable, and he would insult and make jokes just as much as they did. 

Last year, he was with James and he felt really important, he was the main executioner of all Thanatos' traps, and would eventually add funny things to scare the death eaters like the voice of a Banshee in the middle of the battle, that according to James was freaking those death eaters out. 

But now, he was bounded by rules, and he hated these rules, it was all boring work, he just has to follow the advice of the seniors and Moody was no fun at all. 

James was gone with Lily on some vacation, so all the Thanatos action was gone.
 Remus has gone to live among the werewolves, and Sirius was usually absent in the evening when Peter went home. Sure, he'd hang out with Sirius but not much. Sirius was given more action-packed tasks.

Marlene has begun working as sort of undercover in Diagon Alley to provide security there and alert the order, she would pass out the moment she returned home, she hated her job as much as Peter. The only person who liked her job was Mary, she was doing well as a trainee, and was Peter's closest friend for now but they too didn't get much time to talk due to the bloody Order. He thought about how it'd be to go back to Hogwarts, then he would have all his friends close, and even he'd get to meet Clara again.

HE MISSED HIS FRIENDS. HE HATED THE ORDER FOR KEEPING HIM AWAY FROM HIS FAMILY.

The situation out there was terrifying, it freaked him out. He missed being with James the most, he'd always looked after him as a brother and gave him confidence. Lily was the same, she too would motivate Peter and defend him from the other marauder's remarks. But now both were not here. It surprised him the most that, how could they both remain so calm and happy in these situations and not he himself.

He was getting second thoughts, this was not the kind of work that he liked.

James and Lily found themselves enjoying the mountain more than they did during investigating and finding out about the Horcrux. They talked to local villagers about the tree of wit and were told that it was deep in the forest in Tomorri Mountain Range.

"James, come on, let's hike up to there like muggles, it'll be more fun than apparating, please," Lily requested once they were alone.

James smirked at her, "Thought you'd never ask."

Though after three hours of hiking, Lily found that her legs were getting heavy, she looked up at her husband, the athletic bastard was enjoying it and whistling, and she could swear that he was enjoying her struggle.

"What are you smirking at, Potter?" she asked irritatedly when he looked at her for the thousandth time.

"Enjoying the scenery, Potter," he teased. "Are you tired, yet?"

She looked at him hopefully but found that he was grinning victoriously. "No, I am not tired at all."

"Okay then, enjoy," he winked at her. Lily rolled her eyes and went to get her wand to use some charms for her legs but he caught her wrist. "Ah, ah, ah, Evans, no magic. Enjoy nature, naturally."

She threw her a dirty look before pocketing her wand, when he winked again, she poked out her tongue at him. "How long do we have to go, now?" she asked hopefully after another hour.

James checked the map, "We aren't even halfway, Lils. Wanna take rest?"

"NO," she snapped.

"Very well then, you continue walking, I am going to rest here, I will apparate and catch up with you," he said, walking to the side and sitting on a wooden branch lying on the ground. He smirked at Lily who huffed and stomped her feet before joining him.

"Shut up," she murmured.

"I wasn't going to say anything," he couldn't help his giggles.

"Ugh, stop it. I am hungry."

"I got it covered, Evans," he gave her a packet with rolls in it. " You know we're in a forest."

"Oh, I didn't notice it at all,"

"And that stag is called the king of the forest,"

Lily froze and jerked her head to look at him with a worried expression.

"All four of my guardians died. Did you knew who the prophecy was about?" Lily bit her lips and avoided his eyes. "So, you knew, I was a bit foolish to overlook it."

Her heartbeat increased, she has thought about it many times but never had the courage nor she felt it necessary to talk about it to him.

"How long have you known?"

"Since Dumbledore pointed out that Stag is the king of the forest," 

"And you still married me?"

"James, that's the stupidest thing you have asked. Of course, I married you, I love you."

"If Voldemort finds out then you will be in danger," he looked at her sadly.

"I am already in danger, remember, a muggleborn, rejected his offer, am Andraste, an Order member."

"I didn't wanted to put you in danger, ever, Lily," 

She cupped his face, "I know. It doesn't matter, James, all that matters to me is that we're together in it."

"We're not telling it to anyone else, okay?" she nodded.

"Are you afraid?" 

"Of course, I am. It'd be foolish to say 'no' but I am more worried about you, Lily,"

"Don't, okay? I was already going to die trying to kill him, now, I have one more reason to kill him. I want to protect my husband."

"But how can I defeat him? I have no powers to match him, I have seen the magic he has used, it's very powerful, dark and disgusting. And I here, can't kill even a death eater without thinking a thousand times."

"You have me, James. You have your friends. Don't worry we'll defeat him. We still have Dumbledore."

James smiled and nodded. "We'll defeat him."

She stood up, "Come on, Potter, let's find that bloody diadem and get done with it."

"As you say, m'lady," he stood up and bowed.

Another three-hour trip and no sign of the tree or any kind of magical traces yet. Though disappointed they continued searching for it but sadly night fell and they decided to call it a day, they put up the camp at a safe place, casted protective charms around them and snuggled into a cosy sleep bag.

Things in Diagon Alley weren't great at all, pureblood wizards were more open about their opinions against muggleborns and were openly using racial slurs. Marlene has been stationed with five Order members and ten Aurors to guard the Leaky cauldron on 31st August, before the beginning of term. Though no death eaters appeared at the scene, many riots broke out at several places the entire day. The muggleborns and muggles had to face abuse from the higher classes. Many defended them but they were in small numbers.

The situation worsened when the Flint family attacked a muggle family, who have came to shop for their third-year son. In response, the Bones family attacked the Flint family. The Aurors had to interfere to stop the fight. A week has passed but still people were all nervous while shopping in the Alley.

"If you know who isn't defeated soon, our wizarding world is going into a dumpster," Dorcas Meadows said sadly.

"I agree, look at what state our world is in, and that's when he's not in full power. Godric, I don't know if it'll remain a living world or not," said Fabian.

"Merlin, I don't think, I can live in that world," Benjy screwed his face.

"Dumbledore is our only hope," Marlene said from behind the counter.

"He's getting weaker, day by day, though," sighed Caradoc Dearborn.

"Hey! you lot have to buy something or the owner will kill me. I am giving you these cosmetic things, just take them and pay me," said Marls after the owner shouted from inside the shop. "Bloody hell, she just sits on that old chair all day and eats like a giant, shouting orders at me. If it weren't for the Order, I would have hexed that bitch into oblivion a thousand times by now," hissed Marls.

Everyone could feel the darkness that was advancing on the wizarding world, people were all afraid, they were all suppressed by the death eaters, and those who dared to raise their voices against them were found dead the next day. The Stewart family, who were all purebloods have protested against the attack on their relative family and had donated a large sum of money to support the ministry and the Order. The next week Voldemort personally killed them and mutilated their bodies. Sirius has gone at the sight along with Moody after the attack, their house has burned to ground, and their bodies were floating in front of their houses, the dark mark hovering above them.

There was a small lightning in the shop and a parchment fell in front of Marls, she picked it up and gasped, "Guys, Edgar Bones along with his wife and three children are killed."

"No," Frank buried his face in his hand as the rest of them jump to their feets. "I was on a mission with him just yesterday. Oh my god."

Dorcas has watery eyes.

"We've to go to his house, no one else is free," said Marls wiping her own tears. "There's a chance that the death eaters will search his house regarding Order's information."

"Where are you going, girl?" asked the owner as Marls left the store.

"Important work, PMS, handle the store, I will be back soon," Marls shouted.

"How did Dumbledore knew about it?" asked Benjy as they apparated near Bones' house.

"Because he's Dumbledore," answered Gideon.

 "Oh, Alice will be very sad, she was close with Edgar and his wife," grimaced Frank.

The death eaters were gone and there were all the five bodies lying in the house, the Prewett brothers put the bodies together while the others searched the house for any possible Order related information but they find nothing.

"Maybe they took it or maybe Edgar has hidden it somewhere safe," said Dearborn.

They were about to send message to the Aurors when there was a blast outside, they all ran outside, eight death eaters were there, and in a blink the fight broke between them. 

Marlene paired with Dearborn and they duel the two death eaters, one of their mask fell and Bellatrix face came into view, she laughed cruelly. Marlene had to agree that Bellatrix was a psycho, mad, ruthless and a very good dueler.

Within five minutes Marls was badly injured.

"I will engage her, you get out, Marls and call help. GO. GO. Don't argue, you are no help in this condition. Go," shouted Dearborn but Marls stayed. A spell hit her and she was thrown backwards, a hand took hold of her arm and the last thing she knew, she was being dissaparated.

When she came around, she found herself in bed, someone was sitting by her side.

"Hey, you are awake," said Sirius.

"What happened?"

"You all were attacked, Frank saw you falling and brought you to the headquarter," replied Sirius.

"Is everyone safe?" she asked trying to sit but the pain prevented her. Sirius' face paled. "What?"

"No one died but Dearborn is missing, Moody searched for him at all possible locations but sadly we haven't found him. He was probably left behind while you all escaped."

"He was alongside me, he asked me to run. Oh Godric! Fuck this war," she covered her face.

"Yeah, fuck this war," Sirius let out a dry chuckle.

"I want to go to home," she said to him and he nodded.

"Wish we could have holidays just like James and Lily," sighed Sirius.

James and Lily stood in front of the tree with grim expressions, till now mo success and after examining the tree it had become clear that most of the magic has been broken and wore off.

"Do you think that the diadem might be still there?" asked James scratching his head.

"I don;t think so, we've searched the entire area but have failed and as you said it's highly unlikely that the diadem will be in there," Lily replied.

"It's worth a try," sighed James proceeding towards the big tree.

"James, stop, it could be dangerous," reasoned Lily.

"I like dangers, don't worry I have seen the spells that are protecting it and also the anti-spells, benefits of roaming with Riddle," he winked at her. 

She stomped her feet and walks to him as he removed the spells.

"I will go in and check," he walked in. 

It was a failure.

"Ugh, we have nearly searched the entire forest, and have failed," he groaned.

"Let's go back to normal world, I am tired of living in the forest for a week," she grimaced.

"Hmm, let's go back to England. We've one more task there and I hope at least it goes well."

"What task?"

"Thanatos will try to persuade Vampires, they were all family of Prof. Murphy, there's a high chance that they might help."

"Scary,"

"Indeed."

"I will be Andraste," she said happily.

James consider to argue but then gave up, "It'll be very dangerous. According to Hagrid, they don't usually mingle with unknown wizards easily."

"Well, then it's lucky that we both are quite known among the wizarding world. Atleast you are,"

"Jealous," James grinned cockily and Lily stuck out her tongue at him.

"Jealous of someone, whose arse I saved from Voldy? Never."

They both returned in London but instead of going to Godric Hollow, they decided to first visit the Vampire family and persuade them. Exactly what James' motive was, was still unclear to Lily.

"It will help when the fight will break out, trust me, it'll help. Voldemort sees them as unworthy scums but they can be very helpful in the war.

They both walked between the thick trees.

"There, past in that cave," said James pointing at a cave in the middle.

"They live in a cave?" Lily snorted.

"The way is through the cave, they all prefer to live in darkness," replied James. 

"How did you even know about this location?" 

"Last summer, I saved a Vampire from three death eaters, he invited me at his home, he was the one to told that he knew The Murphy family." 

 Lily followed James inside the cave, as soon as they entered the cave, they saw a staircase going down. James and Lily exchanged a nod and started descending it. There were a lot of twists and turns before they reached the plain platform.

"I have got a bad feeling, Thanatos," she whispered. "This is a stupid idea."

"Voldemort likes to act alone, he trusts no one, he sees them as a minority. I am doing just the opposite," Thanatos whispered back. "Beside, we have an escape plan ready."

Two people, their wanmds raised addressed Thanatos. "What are you doing, here? What do you want?"

"I am Thanatos. We wanted to talk to you all," replied James while Lily shifted uncomfortably in her place.

"About?" asked the second.

"We came here to ask for your help," 

"Our help," they both snorted. "Wizards don't even consider as human, and you are asking for our help."

"We knew, Professor Murphy, she was a good person, she died protecting children. We don't consider you all as anything less than a human," replied James.

"And beside, we have a close friend who is a werewolf but that didn't stopped us from being friends. We try to help him in every possible way," Lily added.

"Wizards killed her, she thought that she'll be accepted but she was killed," said one, his wand shaking in his hand. "She was my sister and you all killed her."

"Death eaters killed her, not us," argued Lily.

"If you know me, you'll clearly know that I am fighting against them, and I want you all to support us when the time comes," said James. 

The two Vampires exchanged looks before nodding. "Follow us, but if you do any harm to any of our people, you will not be able to go out alive."

Lily walked with them in a dark room, lit only by a few magical light balls. The place was looking haunted and she found it creepy. James took hold of her hand as they saw about twenty people of all age there.

Lily's eyes landed on a hanging goat at the back of the room, blood dripping from it and she shivered.

"That's to stop the temptatiom of drinking any person's blood," said an old woman, who has noticed Lily.

"So, Thanatos, himself has come to our home and that too asking for our help," said the vampire who has accompanied them.

"We've been in hiding here, and he has come to ask for our help," barked a man with silver hair. "They kill our types. They only take werewolves because they are powerful and we're weak. This has to be the funniest thing."

"We are not making joke," said James.

 "Sir, with all due respect, we are not like the others who prejudice against half-bloods, mugglesborns, muggles, werewolves, spirits or Vamires," explained Lily. "We believe everyone should be treated equally."

"It doesn't looks like so, the purebloods are all ruling," argued a  woman.

"Because, we are not united," answered James. "If we want to defeat Voldemort and get everyone equal rights than we have to fight together. I am here to ask for your help, you have lost family at their hands just like us. Help us to fight them or else we will all lose."

"Why should we help in wizards war?" asked the man with the silver hair.

"Because, you all are wizards too. We all are affected by this war, it'll be a lie to say that Vampires haven's been affected by the war. Recently an entire family of Vampires living in Birmingham was killed by death eaters. Not to mention that they killed Murphy," reasoned James.

"Our aim is to bring peace to the wizarding world, free it from the grasp of Voldemort and bring equality to it. We want to create a society where everyone can live happily and equally,"added Lily.

"Why should we trust you?" asked a woman.

"Because it's the best thing to do. Just think, the death eaters have already begun slaughtering muggles and muggleborns for fun. They are now attacking Goblins and others, including Vampires. It will not take them long to rule the entire wizarding world and then they will not spare anyone," explained James. "Your help will mean a lot to us. I have stood for every right person and will continue to do so. I want your help to build a better future for everyone, for your children."

They still appeared to be unconvinced.

"Look, I know chances are low but it will do no good to not at least try and fight back. We can all at least try with all we have got to make this world a better place. Do it for people we have lost, for the people who have suffered and are suffering every day," Lily persuaded.

"We are not asking to jump in and fight openly, we are asking for you to support our side when the time comes," added James.

"Thanatos did save me that day, I owe my life to him. I am in, I will support and I request you all to support him too," said the Vampire whom Thanatos has saved.

"Tell us what you want from us and we'll consider it," said the man with silver hair. James smiled triumphantly and explained to them what he expects from them. "We might help, no promise though."

"I think it was a success," said James as they sat in their home in Godric's Hollow. "It feels good to be back here."

"It indeed does," smiled Lily lying on the bed. "Now, my dear hubby, I am hungry."

James groaned. "Fine, but I don't like 'hubby.'"

"But I  do," chirped Lily. "Let's eat bacon."

They both sat on the bed, eating.

"Dearborn has gone missing since the attack at Edgar Bones' house," said James.

"Any clue whether he's alive or not?"

"I talked about it to Ryan, he says that he hasn't heard of any Order member being kidnapped, though three half-bloods ministry workers are being held by death eaters somewhere near Manchester," sighed James.

"I have been stationed near St. Mungo's for the next few days, seventeen Aurors are admitted there and there's a possibility of Death Eaters' attack. Sturgis, Kingsley, White and Hestia will be there too. What about you? Have you got any orders?"

"I have been paired with Sirus and Elphias, someone named Mundungus has given a tip regarding some gold being transferred, so we are to track them and if possible confiscate the gold," James answered.

"When are you going?"

"Tonight," 

"WHAT?! We just returned today, and also you are telling me now? When only three hours are left. Oh, Merlin! I made you cook, you need rest. Why didn't you tell me earlier, stupid?"

"Lils, calm down. It's okay, besides, I am a better cook than you. Don't worry, I am rested properly. Even if there was no Order task, I would have still gone out as Thanatos," 

"Have you got any leads or what?" asked Lily.

James shook his head. "Not a reliable one, and I would have gone to Knockturn Alley to talk the Borgin and Burkes, shooting arrows in dark and hoping to stumble upon the diadem."

"Give me that unreliable information and I will go check it out," 

"No, Evans, I am not giving you anything, I burned it. No one is here to help you, so, you are not going," 

"I will find out,"

"You can't," James smirked. "I have become more careful and secretive about any info since Sirius took advantage of it."

"I hate you," Lily huffed. "I will miss you tonight. I haven't slept alone in ages."

"I will miss you too," James hugged her and gave her a kiss on her forehead.

"PRONGS! You are back, "Sirius came running up the stairs after flooding in, he jumped and hugged James.

"Gerrofme Sirius," groaned James.

"Let him breathe, Pads. Hey Lily, James," grinned Peter entering the room.

Sirius was going to hug Lily next but backed off when saw her wand put, so he opted for a mock solute.

"Seriously Padfoot, I will disconnect the floor network from your place if you continued invading my house without permission," scolded James.

"There is something called, 'knocking', respect other's privacy," Lily rolled her eyes.

"What privacy?" 

"Lily and I might have been intimate," reasoned James, and Sirius fake gagged while Peter chuckled. "Hey! Wormy. How are you?"

"Fine, bored out of hell,"

"Elphias dodged the mission today," laughed Sirius. "Get it Prongs, Dodged."

James snorted before asking, "Why?"

"Got hold up at Ministry, someone blew up the entire room containing documents regarding records of workers in Law Enforcement, people were angry when their demands of allowing people to use magic in front of muggles for protection was not given proper attention," said Peter.

"Anyways, Peter was free and has been assigned the Elphias position," grinned Sirius. "It'll be fun, just like the old days."

"Just like old days," grinned James.

"Keep your filthy hands away from my food," Lily hit Sirius' hands. "It's all mine."

"Melin's shaggy pants, she eats a lot," gasped Sirius.

"Shut up," murmured Lily.

"Come on, Prongs, let's go on an adventure," Sirius pulled James to his feet. "Also, do you have more?"

"You emptied our entire food stock while we were gone, Sirius," said Lily angrily.

"Pete is just as responsible as me," Sirius replied.

"Hey! don't drag me in it. It was your mistake that we had no food in our kitchen, you always forget to buy groceries. Marls had even hexed you for it last night, remember?"

The three of them snorted as Sirius rolled his eyes. "Let's go."

"I have some bacon sandwiches, you can have it," informed James as he bid goodnight to Lily.

"Be safe all of you. James, be sensible and look after Sirius. Peter make sure that they both don't do something stupid, please. And Sirius act seriously," Lily called after the three boys.

"Sure, Lils," James called back as the three of them left the house.

 The three boys were very glad and happy to get a mission together, though all three of them missed their fourth partner.

 They reached to the said place and hid in a corner. After ten minutes a masked man apparated on the street and walked inside an old small house.

"Wormy, your job, now," James whispered and the rat ran into the house following the death eater.

There were about four people inside, the new person delivered a small box to them, the box expanded into a big box and was filled with galleons.

"Tell Lucius that our men in Ministry will make sure that  the records of all the sixteen death eaters will be cleaned, no trace will be left behind," said the man. The death eater nodded and left.

"Four men. It was to get sixteen death eaters off hook," informed Peter.

"Should we go in and capture them?" Sirius looked at James.

Think so, we were ordered to confiscate the gold at least, and see if they we can get info regarding their men in the ministry," said James. "Wormy, you cover us from here, and alert us if anyone else comes. I will blast the door, and Pads will charge. Make sure that our main focus is get the gold and thus preventing their deeds."

The other two nodded.

Soon, they were duelling, the four inside were split, two were out fighting and two were fighting from the window. James and Sirius might have defeated them easily as two were already down, and Pete was firing spell from his hidden location but at the exact time out of nowhere six death eaters appeared on the scene.

James and Sirius put up a great fight bringing another two down but Sirius got caught, as a result James got hit by petrifying spell and fell to ground. Peter panicked and turned into a rat instantly.

"Take away their wands," said a DE. "Pick up that man."

Sirius struggled, only to be punched in the face.

"Well, well, well. Traitor Sirius Black, right? And his friend, another traitor Potter," 

"Rosier," spatted Sirius recognizing the DE.

James vision was a bit blurred as one glass was broken, and his both hands were tied tightly, so no possibility of using the Portkey ring.

"Take these two to our place, will see what Dark Lord wants to do with them. A good message will be sent to everyone," laughed Rosier.

James looked and saw that Peter wasn't captured and relaxed, then he felt something entering in his pants, he jumped, only to be hit by his capturer. The rat has entered in his pants, and it was making him very uncomfortable. 

This has to be the worst place after the pipes in Knockturn Alley in which he has entered to spy. But he has to save his friends, only he was having a wand on him, he has to wait for the right opportunity and pray that it arrives such opportunity.

They all were apparated from the spot.

The next thing James knew was that he and Sirius were locked in a dark room, sitting on a chair, their hands tied to the sides of the chair, he can feel the bulge in his pant, the rat was still in there, if anyone else was to see, he'd have got the wrong meaning.  He looked around in the room, a man in death eaters' robes was there sitting in a far corner, drinking and reading the Prophet, on the table were their wands.

"Pete, there's only one man here, you can take him by surprise," whispered James.

The rat sneaked behind the death eater, and then transformed into a man, and stupefied the death eater instantly and then tied him in ropes. He then took the wands and proceeded to free James and Sirius.

"Thanks, Wormy," smiled Sirius. "By the way, where you came from?" 

"I was in James' pocket," Peter replied quickly.

 "Yeah," said James uncomfortably.

"How long we were out?" asked Sirius.

"About three to four hours," replied Pete. "They knocked you both off as soon as we apparated." 

 "Now, we have to sneak out of here," said James.

Sirius examined the room and pressed his ears against the door. "I hear nothing."

"Peter, there's enough space for you to pass the door, you have to survey the place and find the best route to escape," James looked hopefully at Peter, who nodded. "Be careful."

The rat returned after thirty minutes. "About fifteen death eaters. We are in the basement. I think our only chance is by jumping out of the window on the backside and making a run for it but then also we have to face two death eaters."

"Have you got the cloak, Prongs?" asked Sirius.

"No, it's at home, you both came early and I forgot to take it with me," James hit his head.

"We can send Peter out as a rat and he'll bring help," suggested Sirius.

"It's an option," nodded James. "I would send a Patronus but have no idea where we are."

Pete shook his head, "The security is very tight, and the fireplace is blocked too. They are all completely prepared for any outside attack."

"Shit," James run his hands through his hair. "We can't just go out there and attack them all, that would be stupid from even our level, Lily would kill me for attacking fifteen death eaters."

"If you survive," pointed out Sirius.

"We have to do something fast or they will return and kill us all," said James. 

"They might torture us for Order info too," Peter started biting his nails.

All of their hearts were thumping hard, if they go out there then there was a high chance of getting killed, and if they remained hoping for help then they were going to die for sure.

"I think, the risk is high, it'll be fun to escape," said James, attempting his best to cheer the morals of all three of them.

"Hell yeah, let's go and bang them," grinned Sirius.

"No, Sirius, we have to be silent, sneak past them, and escape. No banging" warned James. 

"Boring," Sirius rolled his eyes. "Okay, fine."  

"I will be Wormtail, leading and making sure the way is clear," said Peter proudly and transformed.

"Here I come, Lily," James said, he then took out his wand and the Stag erupted. "Hope, I will meet you soon, and if not then just know I love you very much, and please move on in life, I will be happy if you will be. Love you Until the very end." 

The ball shot off faster than the light. 

He then followed Sirius and the rat, out of the room. "Fuck, the disillusionment isn't working, they have set up jinxes all over the place," whispered Sirius irritatedly.

"That's what makes the cloak so special," James said.

"There's a death eater just behind that wall," whispered Sirius after seeing the rat.

"I will stupefy him, nonverbally, you cover my back," replied James.

They successfully knocked out the death eater and hid him behind a pillar. They reached the ground floor, they followed the rat towards the window which was on the next corner, then suddenly a door opened and a death eater came out, rounding on them.

"Drop your wands or get ready to die," he growled. "Stupid, lazy Jugson, can't even look over two scums. Drop your wands or I will call everyone here."

Before James could do anything, Peter had attacked the man from behind and Sirius has petrified him.

"Let's lock him in there," James said looking into the room with no windows or fireplace.

Luck though wasn't with them because as soon as Peter turned into a rat again and started walking forward, four death eaters appeared in front of them.

James cursed himself, no way in hell would this fight not attract other death eaters in the place, they were doomed.

"Kill 'em," shouted one death eater.

"If we don't get lucky then will see you on the other side, Prongs," winked Sirius, and they began fighting for life as more death eaters began coming towards the sound that they were creating.

"We'd be brothers there too," smirked James dodging a curse.

The rat didn't know what to do, so he ran out to a safe place to decide whether to escape or to transform and fight with his brothers, and die fighting. He could hear loud shrieks, someone using Cruciatus curse, loud blasts and the footsteps of more death eater going to attack James and Sirius. Peter realized he was acting as a coward and thought what his friends would have done, was it worth fighting a lost battle?

He was lost in his thoughts when there was a loud bang from the other side of the house, and the wall was blasted away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 130 25
James has started his seventh year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry as head boy at least. The only thing that hasn't changed- his enormo...
61.2K 2K 45
When life is constantly changing with a raging war destroying your world, being a teenager doesn't seem as important as fighting for your loved ones...
534K 13.2K 20
Follows James and Lily through their last year at Hogwarts. Join in with the trouble making of the marauders, the suspense of Quidditch games, and th...
1.3M 46.9K 53
Discontinued "How does it feel to be the daughter of such an influential celebrity?" "Influential? The man practically only came...