Born Blue

By HoneyMabel

This starts off at the end of the season 10 finale. (Which was amazing!) The interactions with the baby Jamko... More

Starting a Family?
Priorities
Baby Blues
10-13
It's About Time
Sick Day
Telling the Family
Cloudy Judgement
Forgiveness
Operation:Family Stakeout
Not in Church
Christmas Day
Unwanted Visitor
Getting Ready
Mood Swings
Baby Time
First Night Home
Meeting her cousins
Godparents
First Mothers Day
Babysitters?
Joe Babysits
Nicoles Interview
New
Eddie Goes Back to Work
Know your place
Settling the Dispute
Learning The Ropes
Night Adventure
Eddie Goes Out
Hashing it out
Blast from the past
One thing to the next
More puzzle pieces
Take them down
Ultrasound
Attached
The double date
Pregnancy brain
What does it mean
The reagans 2 cents
Everything happens for a reason
Could've been worse
Run down
Cheater cheater
Now What?
New Game Plan
The Truth
The Old Flame
Unnecessary Visitor
Intensity
Scary
Weighing the options
Professional conversation
So sweet
Case closed
Delivery
Teamwork makes the dreamwork
Quality time
New Partner
Seems Familer
In Need of Love
Over The Edge
One on One
The One That Got Away
Trouble
Making Amends
Still His Little Girl
An Honest Mistake
High Tensions
To be fair
Going to the Chapel
Drama at the 2-9
Bringing work home
Water Under The Bridge
Finally Some R&R
Battle Scars
Court
Kiss and Makeup
A New Addition?
New Dinner Guest
Wrong Place, Wrong Time
Big News
Deja Vu
Relatable
Trouble in Paradise
Spicy Night
The 2 Week Wait
Ryans 1st Birthday
Seeing Double
Drama
The Big Announcement
Gathering Intel
Well This Is Awkward
Who's The Father
Officially Outnumbered
Another Reagan Is Born
Just Another Day- Final Chapter

Babies Left and Right

202 1 0
By HoneyMabel

Date: Sunday December 26th 2023
Alaina: 3.5 years
Ryan: 1.5 year

Joe and Cassidy had been home a week now with their new little baby. They were up for having some visitors now, and not to mention some home cooked meals.

Jamie and Eddie left the kids at franks to go visit them. They didn't want to take the kids in fear they'd give the baby something. They'll meet the baby soon enough just not yet.

When they got to there apartment Joe opened the door, and greeted them both with a hug.

"How are you?" Eddie asked handing him the casserole she made them.

"Well we're alive" he said scratching his head.

"Always a plus." Jamie said.

"That's all that matters" Eddie added and then went to wash her hands.

"She's getting her changed I think." Joe said, Jamie washed his hands when Eddie was done and then they went to sit down in the living room. There place was a little messy, rightfully so, but not terrible.

"How have the nights been?" Eddie asked.

"Ha...not much of a night if you ask me." He said.

"Yeah, it gets better. The first month is the worst..." she said.

"Yeah that's what we've been told. It's the whole breastfeeding thing that's the stressor." Joe said.

"For sure. It's constant."

"Yeah and I can't help obviously." He said.

"I remember that feeling." Jamie told him. They were interrupted by Cassidy coming out of the bedroom with the sweetest little baby in her arms.

"Aww oh my word...!" Eddie said and got up to hug her.

"How are you?" Cassidy asked.

"We're good! How are you!?" She asked quietly not wanting to startle the baby.

"Doing okay, you can hold him before he wants to eat again." Cassidy said and handed him to Eddie.

"Oh my word...I forget how tiny they are..." she said admiring the perfect baby. She sat down on the couch beside Jamie and talked softly to the baby.

"This gets me excited to have ours." Jamie said.

"Yeah, how have you been feeling?" Eddie asked Cassidy.

"Okay! I can't be on my feet to long without feeling a lot of pressure still, like another baby wants to come out."

"I know what you mean, it's hard to take it easy when you know there's so much stuff to get done too." Eddie said.

"Yes! And he goes back to work in a couple days so I'm hoping it'll be a little better." She said.

"Yeah, well don't hesitate to call any of us, I'm sure anyone would be glad to help out." Eddie said.

"Yeah, I know, that's what Joe keeps reminding me haha." She laughed.

They only stayed a total of a half hour. Jamie held the baby and then he got fussy because he was hungry. They left when she was starting to feed him.

———
A couple days later

It was New Year's Eve, Nikki and Jason were so awesome for letting Jamie and Eddie have the night out, just like old times.

Eddie was large and in charge with her baby bump now at a little over 30 weeks along. They had a late dinner at a fancy restaurant, and then headed up stairs to the rooftop bar, where people were drinking and dancing the night away.

"Go get a drink, I won't be jealous I promise." She told him shooing him off and she sat down at an empty table.

"Guess one won't hurt." He said smiling before he headed off.

Eddie checked her phone to see Nikki had texted a picture of both kids sound asleep, that made her happy. She told Nikki and Jason to help themselves to the opened bottle of wine too. She felt a little bad they were spending New Years babysitting but they were the ones who offered.

"I got you a virgin margarita." Jamie set the drink infront of her.

"Ooo it's prettier then a regular."

"Bet it isn't as good as a regular." Jamie joked and sipped on a bottle of beer.

"Hmm yeah...it's definitely not." Eddie said after trying the drink. Jamie laughed and took her arm.

"Dance with me."

"Really?" She was shocked, usually she had to ask him.

"What?"

"How many beers have you had?" She joked.

"Oh stop. Just this one, I'm trying to be better, for you." He told her and brought her out to the dance floor.

"Is the music too loud?" He asked her.

"For me?"

"No the babies, are they going crazy in there?" He asked and put his hand on her belly.

"Surprisingly no"

"Good." He grabbed her waist and they danced, her belly prevented them from getting too close, it was funny.
——

20 minutes before the ball dropped, Jamie went to the bathroom and Eddie found an open seat finally. This place was packed, seats were slim pickings and her feet and back were killing her.

"So weird, as big as this place is there's only 2 urinals, 2 stalls like what's that about?" Jamie said when he came back from the bathroom.

"Weird." She said.

"You okay?"

"My feet just hurt, and my back."

"Guess so when you got 40 extra pounds on ya." He rubbed her back and watched everyone dancing, it was getting crazy. Lot of younger people, they felt old.
——

When the countdown was a couple minutes away Jamie and Eddie were smart, they were headed to the car already, to beat the crowd.

They could hear all of New York yelling and screaming the countdown when it started.

"HAPPY NEW YEAR" the city screamed.

"Happy New year" Jamie said to Eddie and they made out on the sidewalk briefly.

"Alright funs over!" He said, grabbed her hand and they ran/walked fast to the car.
——

When they got home, Jason and Nikki were passed out on the couch. They were so cute together snuggling.

"I wish I was that tiny, I can't even fit on the couch I'm so big" Eddie joked.

"Ha, maybe I'll just let them stay the night, traffics gonna be terrible and lots of drunk drivers out." Jamie suggested.

"Yeah leave them. I'm going to bed." Eddie was so tired, she tried massaging her own lower back on her way to their bedroom.

"Hey, Nikki." Jamie softly said.

"Oh hi, sorry!" She was flustered and sat up.

"No no, just stay the night." He told her.

"Are you sure?" She asked.

"Yeah, traffic is crazy." He told her and she agreed, she laid back down with Jason who was still asleep. Then Jamie headed off to bed, Eddie was already sleeping.
——
At 2am Eddie was woken by stomach cramps, and back cramps. She got up to go to the bathroom and try and walk them off. Jamie was such a light sleeper he woke to the bathroom light practically lighting up the whole bedroom.

He saw Eddie swaying side to side in the reflection of the bathroom mirror, she looked like she was in pain. He got up out of bed right away.

"What's going on?"

"I don't know." She winced in pain, still swaying her hips. Jamie studied her movements.

"Oww..." she took a deep breath.

"talk to me, what hurts?"

"my stomach, and I feel it in my lower back." She stopped moving and rested her hand on the vanity, taking the weight off her feet. Jamie got closer to try and rub her lower back.

"Well what do you think is happening?" He wondered.

"I think I over did it. I was on my feet more tonight then I have been in a long time."

"Sorry."

"It's not your fault, I just have to take it easy, and rest more."

"You do. Wanna try and lay back down?" He asked.

"Only if you keep rubbing my back like that, it feels good" she told him.

"I think I can do that." Jamie helped her back to bed. He was exhausted but he couldn't be for Eddie. He had to fight through it and be here for her.
——
Eventually they both had fallen back asleep.

But at 4:30am Eddie sat up in bed feeling something.

"Jamie!" She shoved him to wake up and threw the covers off the bed.

"What?!" She scared the crap out of him.

"I think my water broke!" She was in a panic.

"What!?"

"It's too early for this, this isn't right, this isn't good!" She started to cry and panic more.

"Everything will be fine!" Jamie got dressed quickly and ran out to wake up Nikki to tell her what was going on.

When he came back to the bedroom Eddie was a blubbering mess, trying to get changed and stay calm all at once, she was still having a lot of cramping which didn't help.

"We aren't ready for them Jamie!"

"Honey breathe, it's okay." He hugged her to try and help her relax. He was trying not to show how scared he was too.

He helped her get dressed and they left, no bags packed or nothing. They figured someone could drop stuff off later. Right now they just needed to get to the hospital.
——

They got in their and taken right back to get checked out, Eddie was having these contractions every couple minutes at this point, they were intense.

Once they did an ultrasound they had to rush her into an emergency c section right away. Both babies were in distress and the heart rates were not good.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.4K 762 31
Before she was Jo Wilson, she had a whole other life. After escaping an abusive relationship, she's made a beautiful life with Alex. They've been hap...
16.5K 290 12
Jamie Reagan and Grace De Marco meet at a wedding and have an instant connection. She comes from a family of firefighters and he is son of the PC. As...
27.6K 867 34
Somehow Ianto has ended up pregnant... So with baby Janto on the way how will the lives of Jack and Ianto change. And will Ianto survive the devastat...
2.2K 35 14
read this, you will love it.