Born Blue

By HoneyMabel

This starts off at the end of the season 10 finale. (Which was amazing!) The interactions with the baby Jamko... More

Starting a Family?
Priorities
Baby Blues
10-13
It's About Time
Sick Day
Telling the Family
Cloudy Judgement
Forgiveness
Operation:Family Stakeout
Not in Church
Christmas Day
Unwanted Visitor
Getting Ready
Mood Swings
Baby Time
First Night Home
Meeting her cousins
Godparents
First Mothers Day
Babysitters?
Joe Babysits
Nicoles Interview
New
Eddie Goes Back to Work
Know your place
Settling the Dispute
Learning The Ropes
Night Adventure
Eddie Goes Out
Hashing it out
Blast from the past
One thing to the next
More puzzle pieces
Take them down
Ultrasound
Attached
The double date
Pregnancy brain
What does it mean
The reagans 2 cents
Everything happens for a reason
Could've been worse
Run down
Cheater cheater
Now What?
New Game Plan
The Truth
The Old Flame
Unnecessary Visitor
Intensity
Scary
Weighing the options
Professional conversation
So sweet
Case closed
Delivery
Teamwork makes the dreamwork
Quality time
New Partner
Seems Familer
In Need of Love
Over The Edge
One on One
The One That Got Away
Trouble
Making Amends
Still His Little Girl
An Honest Mistake
High Tensions
To be fair
Going to the Chapel
Drama at the 2-9
Bringing work home
Water Under The Bridge
Finally Some R&R
Battle Scars
Court
Kiss and Makeup
A New Addition?
New Dinner Guest
Wrong Place, Wrong Time
Big News
Deja Vu
Relatable
Trouble in Paradise
Spicy Night
The 2 Week Wait
Ryans 1st Birthday
Drama
The Big Announcement
Gathering Intel
Well This Is Awkward
Who's The Father
Officially Outnumbered
Another Reagan Is Born
Babies Left and Right
Just Another Day- Final Chapter

Seeing Double

127 0 0
By HoneyMabel

Date: Friday July 14th 2023
Alaina: 3 years
Ryan: 1 year
——
It was 3 days later.

Eddie had left Henry with the kids just like any other Friday to go to work. Technically she wasn't lying, she was going to work...but she was picking Jamie up and they were going to her first appointment. Then going back to work for the rest of the day.

——

"Alright let's see how baby looks" the tech said as she squirted some jelly on Eddie's belly and started moving the wand over it. They watched the screen trying to make out the baby.

"Do multiples run in either of your families?"

"What?" Jamie said shocked.

"No...!" Eddie was struck.

"Ha...here's one baby. And here's 2." The tech pointed out. Both of them had the widest eyes staring at them. Their hearts stopped pounding.

"Oh my..." Jamie started to say

"God." Eddie finished. The tech was laughing and said congratulations.

"Holy shit." Jamie said and held Eddie's hand.

"Only two right!? No more!?" Eddie asked the tech.

"Only two, and their hearts are both beating you can see, let's see if I can pick up the sound." She said pointing.

"Wow." Jamie said. Then the sound of two heartbeats filled the room. Eddie put her hand over her face, this was so surreal.

"Ha...you okay?" Jamie said grabbing her hand and smiling.

"It's twins." She said and started crying in disbelief still.

"Looks like their identical twins too, so you'll either have two boys or two girls. But we won't be able to tell for a couple more weeks." The tech said.

"Not sure what would be worse" Eddie said and laughed.

The tech continued on looking at everything and recording a couple things.
——
On the way home they were still just in shock and talking about how crazy this was gonna be to have 4 kids under 4. Alaina will be 4 in April but Eddie was due in March.

"My family's gonna freak." He said.

"Yeah they are. Where are they gonna sleep?"

"Well they can share a room. Alaina and Ryan can share for a couple years." He said.

"Yeah and then what?" She asked.

"I don't know, if it's boys we'll put them in a room and if it's girls they can share with Lainey."

"I guess they only sleep in their rooms and that would be okay" she said.

"Yeah, it'll be fine." He grabbed her hand and held it the rest of the way back to work, he could tell she was anxious.
——

When they got back to work they went their separate ways. Eddie was glad it was Friday, it was only her second day on desk duty and she was already bored of it. At least today she was in the back, yesterday she was at the front and with being sick on and off it's hard to sneak away from that spot.

After an hour or so Jamie approached her where she was at the desk.

"Hey you busy?"

"Uh not really...just finishing up reviewing some traffic crash reports."

"Well that's fun!" He said smiling.

"Jamie I'm so bored of this."

"I know. That's why I got something for ya." He set the folder down infront of her.

"Remember that fight between those two guys Reed and Johnson responded to a couple weeks back?"

"The one that made you question their relationship?" She wondered.

"Yeah...so, they got released 2 days ago...today they both turn up dead."

"Whatttt??!" She said and started looking through the case file.

"Yeah...wanna play detective with me try and figure this one out?" He asked.

"Hell yeah!" She said and started sorting through the file. Jamie went back to his office in hope that would distract Eddie for awhile.

It was starting to hit him they were having twins and he was getting a little stressed himself. When he gets stressed about home life he uses work to distract from it, he thought it would work for Eddie as well.

A minute later she was puking in the bathroom.

"Are you okay?" A female voice called out.

"Yeah sorry, I didn't know anyone was in here." She said and went out to wash her hands. Another officer had just came in, she never saw this girl before, she was young and cute.

"Are you new to this precinct?" Eddie asked.

"Yeah, just graduated couple weeks ago and they transferred me here this morning." She said.

"Oh okay cool, my names Eddie Janko-Reagan, I'd shake your hand but..." she started laughing and then the girl did too.

"I get it. I'm Kristen Palmer." She introduced.

"Nice to meet you, who's squad are you rolling with? Who's your sergeant?"

"Reagan. Are you guys related?"

"Ha yeah that's my husband." She told her.

"Oh wow that's nice."

"Most days." Eddie joked and threw away the paper towels.

"I'm dating a cop too, he used to be in this precinct but got transferred of course just recently."

"Oh well that's unfortunate, who's that?" Eddie asked and they left the bathroom.

"Casey Reed? You know him?" She said.

"Uhm...uh yeah...! Yeah I do! He's nice, but uh hey, I gotta get back to work alright? See ya!" Eddie said and walked her butt right into Jamie's office. He had his back to her, writing stuff down.

"I sense a presence..." he said before turning around.

"Ah huh. I knew it. What'd you find?" He said talking about the case he gave her.

"Jamie!" She shut the door and sat down.

"That good?" He clicked his pen and put it away as he was ready to turn his chair complete towards her and give her his full attention.

"Oh no no no. THIS IS BIG! It's not about the case, it's about Reed!"

"Uh enough of that guy, I'm so tired of him and his shit."

"I know but just listen! So first off didn't know about the new female officer, Kristen Palmer? Super nice, little ditsy but she's cute. ANYWAY I was talking to her in the bathroom, she heard me puke so I had talk to her a little so I wasn't known for that-"

"Eddie where is this story going?" He said getting her back on track.

"JUST LISTEN! So she figured out we were married and then she said she was dating a cop WHO USED TO BE AT THIS PRECINCT!" She stopped, eyebrows raised, wide eyes, waiting for Jamie to figure it out for himself.

"I've been a sergeant for 5 years...do you know how many transfers happen in 5 years..." he said bluntly.

"CASEY REED! SHES DATING CASEY REED" Eddie exclaimed.

"geez, he moves on quick."

"No...I think he's dating Harper and this Kristen!"

"Okay? What did you want me to do about it?" He asked.

"Nothing. I just thought you'd think that was interesting."

"I'm not really into drama..." he told her, she got up, he now made her mad.

"Okay." She headed for the door.

"What?"

"Sometimes I just wish.." she stopped.

"Wish what?"

"I wish you'd act like my best friend!"

"Eddie we are best friends, we're married! Even better."

"I understand that but I mean like a girl best friend, you know like who I can share drama with and talk about whatever with, rant to, all that stuff." She explained.

"Well I'm not a girl so...?"

"Whatever. You won't get it." She turned around and opened the door to leave.

"Eddie wait, shut the door." He told her, now she was confused.

"I'm sorry, I'm just a little stressed today, it hit me we're having not one but 2 babies in a couple months, so I'm just looking at finances and trying to figure some stuff out."

"Yeah...well we'll be okay right?" She asked.

"We'll be fine...we'd be even better if one of us got a decent raise." He said crossing his arms looking at her.

"I'm confused...I'm capped off, and so are you." She said.

"I know."

"So what?"

"I think you should think about taking the promotion of detective." He told her confidently.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.4K 762 31
Before she was Jo Wilson, she had a whole other life. After escaping an abusive relationship, she's made a beautiful life with Alex. They've been hap...
292 25 10
This is going to be basically them during and after each episode. I want to write about how they start gaining feelings about each other, and even ju...
27.1K 349 16
Jo and Alex have always talked about having kids, but what will happen when their long awaited wish comes true? Thrilled to hear the news, they wait...
2.8K 31 3
When Eddie is targeted by a cop killer, it turns her world upside down. Jamie swears to protect her but will it be enough? Or will this Blue Blooded...