Born Blue

By HoneyMabel

This starts off at the end of the season 10 finale. (Which was amazing!) The interactions with the baby Jamko... More

Starting a Family?
Priorities
Baby Blues
10-13
It's About Time
Sick Day
Telling the Family
Cloudy Judgement
Forgiveness
Operation:Family Stakeout
Not in Church
Christmas Day
Unwanted Visitor
Getting Ready
Mood Swings
Baby Time
First Night Home
Meeting her cousins
Godparents
First Mothers Day
Babysitters?
Joe Babysits
Nicoles Interview
New
Eddie Goes Back to Work
Know your place
Settling the Dispute
Learning The Ropes
Night Adventure
Eddie Goes Out
Hashing it out
Blast from the past
One thing to the next
More puzzle pieces
Take them down
Ultrasound
Attached
The double date
Pregnancy brain
What does it mean
The reagans 2 cents
Everything happens for a reason
Could've been worse
Run down
Cheater cheater
Now What?
New Game Plan
The Truth
The Old Flame
Unnecessary Visitor
Intensity
Scary
Weighing the options
Professional conversation
So sweet
Case closed
Delivery
Teamwork makes the dreamwork
Quality time
New Partner
Seems Familer
Over The Edge
One on One
The One That Got Away
Trouble
Making Amends
Still His Little Girl
An Honest Mistake
High Tensions
To be fair
Going to the Chapel
Drama at the 2-9
Bringing work home
Water Under The Bridge
Finally Some R&R
Battle Scars
Court
Kiss and Makeup
A New Addition?
New Dinner Guest
Wrong Place, Wrong Time
Big News
Deja Vu
Relatable
Trouble in Paradise
Spicy Night
The 2 Week Wait
Ryans 1st Birthday
Seeing Double
Drama
The Big Announcement
Gathering Intel
Well This Is Awkward
Who's The Father
Officially Outnumbered
Another Reagan Is Born
Babies Left and Right
Just Another Day- Final Chapter

In Need of Love

106 2 0
By HoneyMabel

A couple days later:

Eddie and Casey were driving to a sandwhich shop for there meal. He still didn't know Jamie was her husband, she was waiting for it to come up in casual conversation so it wouldn't be such a big deal that he was riding with basically the commissioners "daughter." But, they'd been out since 3am and were starving so it was the last thing on Eddies mind.

"How bout rock, paper, scissors, loser buys?" Casey suggested.

"Oh your on!" Eddie said and parked along the street.

"Ready? Rock..." Eddie started it.

"Papers, scissors, shoot!" Casey said with her. They both did rock. They laughed and did it once more. Both doing paper, Casey practically grabbed her hand he was so passionate about his choice of weapon. Eddie was little blind sided by it, she turned red.

"Sorry, you have soft hands though." Casey said smiling and let go of her hand slowly.

"Oh...ha... thanks? Um...How bout I just buy? Roast beef on white?" Eddie asked getting out of the car.

"Yeah." Casey said and watched her walk into the shop. He saw the line in the place and decided to crack his window and lay back in his seat.

Eddie stood in line waiting for their food. She felt uncomfortable with Casey now. Whether he meant to do it or not she felt awkward. She still decided to act like it never happened though and go on with their tour like two normal partners.

As Eddie was walking back to the car a women walked passed her and said

"You know there's a donut shop a couple blocks away?"

"Excuse me?" Eddie was caught off guard.

"You heard me, hard to believe you even got through the academy looking like that. I'm supposed to believe a cop like you is supposed to show up at my door in no time at all with a body like that?" She said so rudely.

"Well yes ma'am I would. Have a nice day." Eddie said biting her tongue. Casey was watching from the car. He didn't know what to do or if there was anything to do.

"Yeah see, you know it to." The women said to Eddie getting closer. Eddie stood her ground and let her, all she needed her to do was lay a hand on her and she'd have her for assaulting a police officer. Casey got out of the car and approached without making a scene.

"For your information...I just had baby a couple weeks ago. But I really appreciate you pointing out I haven't lost the weight yet." Eddie said scowling her eyebrows at her. Casey decided he needed to intervene, phones were coming out and crowds were forming.

"Alright that's enough, nothing to see here everyone back up, shows over." Casey said shooing people back. The woman and Eddies face were literally inches apart.

"Eddie...let's go." Casey said wanting her to come back to the car. She slowly listened and turned around to go with him. The women put her foot out so eddie would trip and she did. Casey caught the sandwich's and Eddie caught herself, whipped her body around, pulled out her cuffs and arrested her without hesitation.

The whole way back to the precinct the women was just yelling terrible things at both of them, she was like the bully in middle school X's 10 though. Eddie wasn't taking it well either, she usually has tough skin but not today. Today she was sensitive and she didn't know why, hormones lingering from having a baby just a few months ago? Lack of sleep? Pms? Who knows.

"Ignore her. Nothing she's saying is true." Casey told her. Eddie didn't say anything and kept driving she felt humiliated.

"You don't need to change anything. There's nothing wrong with you. Your pretty, and amazing all around." Casey said. Eddie still didn't say anything. She took the compliment and kept driving. She was not in the mood to explain anything, she was still crying on the inside. Trying to not let it come out.

When they got back to the precinct with the foul mouthed women she was still yelling and carrying on. Jamie stepped out of his office to see what was going on.

"Ma'am you need to settle down! Hey, can you take her to a holding cell until she calms down." Casey said and passed her off to another officer. Eddie looked frustrated and upset at the women's statements.

"...don't let it get to ya...you're a great cop and even better mentor." Casey reminded her with a wink as he put his hand on her back. Jamie observed from a distance, not a big fan.

"I know...I'm sorry..." Eddie apologized for her emotions and backed up from him. She started down the hall, her eyes cloudy with tears.

"Hey...Eddie...Eddie..." Jamie put his arm out and grabbed hers.

"No, stop, I'm fine." She pulled away from him and continued to the bathroom, wiping her face. Jamie threw his hands up out in-front of him confused and looked at Casey. He shrugged his shoulders back. Jamie cocked his head at him like he should know what's going on. He didn't come over to Jamie he started talking to another officer. Jamie was getting impatient and circling his thoughts.

"Reed! Can I talk to you...!?" He shouted over the chatter in the lobby area. Casey listened and sat down in Jamie's office.

"What's going on with Janko?" He asked and leaned up against his desk.

"She got into it with a women on our meal...the lady we brought in? She had some pretty obscure things to say about her." Casey said.

"Like?" Jamie asked and crossed his arms.

"Calling her fat basically." Casey said sighing.

"What? That's ridiculous. She just had a baby!" Jamie was getting very defensive.

"I know man, she even told her that. Doesn't matter though it wasn't right." Casey said.

"What's the charge? Can't exactly bring anyone in for I'll say expressing there freedom of speech...?" Jamie questioned.

"No she pushed her or tripped her right as she was walking away." Casey said.

"Alright well those which one is it?" Jamie asked.

"I don't know, same thing right? Where is she? She looked upset, I should go talk to her." Casey said getting up.

"No let her go. I'll take care of it. I'm gonna need to pull your body cam footage then to see what happened." Jamie said and dismissed him to get back to work. He on the other hand went and stood outside the women's bathroom.

"Davis...can you go in here and tell officer Janko to come out, I'd like to speak to her." Jamie said pulling her aside.

"Sure thing sarge." Davis said, went in and came out with Eddie behind her a minute later.

"Can I please talk to you?" He asked her quietly. She looked like she'd been crying. He followed her to his office and shut the door. Casey took notice to the twos interaction and them going into his office.

"What happened out there?" He asked. Eddie closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

"Nothing sarge. All good here." She said faking a smile and looking at all the people outside the office windows. Jamie cocked his head not believing her. He glanced at the attention being drawn to them and shut the blinds.

"Eddie, this is me talking to you as your husband. Now what's wrong?" He asked again.

"The woman we brought in was so rude, it was uncalled for. I didn't even do anything to start it. I was walking back to the car with our lunch. And she made a donut remark, then she pointed out that I was fat and surprised I passed the academy looking like this." Eddie spilled out.

"You know that's not true." Jamie told her cocking his head.

"Kinda is. I didn't bounce back like I did with Alaina." She said.

"Eddie stop. You birthed a human, you're a rockstar." Jamie said affirming and she wiped away a stray tear. He grabbed her and hugged her for a moment.

"Did she assault you?" Jamie asked and let go of their embrace.

"Yeah she tripped me." Eddie told him.

"Okay cause Casey didn't know if she pushed you." Jamie said.

"No. I don't think so. All I know is I didn't even get to eat my sandwich!" Eddie said. Jamie couldn't help but laugh a little.

"It's not funny, I'm so hungry but after that I never want to eat again." Eddie expressed. Jamie didn't want her to say that and felt terrible.

"Babe maybe you should go home and get some sleep..." Eddie rubbed her back.

"No. I'm fine. I can finish my tour, run the loud mouth through the system. I'm fine." Eddie said and headed for the door.

"Alright...just remember I love you..." he said and watched her leave. Jamie felt like he failed as a husband after Eddie talking down on herself like that. He picked up his phone and started arranging some things.
———
What do we think Jamie has in mind!? He's probably realizing he isn't giving Eddie enough love and attention that she needs. How bout the interaction between Eddie and Casey? Should she tell Jamie or wait to see if it continues? LEAVE YOUR THOUGHTS

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

303 14 27
It's been 10 years Selena been focused on her two kids Ava and Drew what happens when Justin wants back in her life will she take him back or not
12.6K 250 22
*Completed* Set during S3E11. After Jamie shot that man he was sent back to the academy for a few months to help with training the trainees. There he...
2.8K 31 3
When Eddie is targeted by a cop killer, it turns her world upside down. Jamie swears to protect her but will it be enough? Or will this Blue Blooded...
191K 6.1K 48
Everybody makes mistakes but can these two fix things when a doctor gets shy and another patient mixed up, shy finds out she is pregnant with a compl...