The Choice I Regret

By shininggoldstar

Finn and Rachel are meant to be, but when Finn is married to someone else and Rachel is playing hard to get... More

The Choice I Regret
Rachel's Life
Nice Try
Familiar Faces
Life Without You
Letting The Feelings Go
Good Luck Eventually Wears Off
Everything Used To Be Perfect
All You Need Is A Push
Dinner With A Twist
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Shopaholic
Pink Little Hearts
Sleep Tight
A Little Party Never kills Nobody
To Good To Be True
Trying Your Best
Starting Fresh
Just Friends?
Taking It Slow
My Hero
Nothing Lasts Forever
Busted
Misunderstanding
That's What Friends Are For
The Good and Bad News
Perfume
It Will Never Be The Same
Holding onto Secrets
The Plan
Out in the open
Smile
Waiting
To Find You
Midnight Train
Just Making Sure
If Only A Dream Was Reality
Trust Your Instincts
Wigs & Wine
Hello Gorgeous
Don't Let Go
Pretty/Unpretty
Team Work
Don't Do This Again!
Dance To You Drop
Friendship & Tears
Flowers & Jelly
What Next?
Chances
Going Down
New Me
Love Hurts
Everybody Hurts
Starting Over?
Authors Note
Leap of Faith

Miracles

1.3K 57 26
By shininggoldstar

Ok, i really am incredibly sorry for not updating for a while. I've just been really busy but I'm trying to update more often.

I just like to say thank you to all of you for reading my story. Thank you for all your kind comments it really means a lot.

So on with the story ( Finally) Enjoy!

Finn's POV

As I collapse on the ground gasping for air I feel the sunlight radiate on my skin. I've been training for a long time now and I start to feel my body ache. I can hear our coach brad yelling at us to get up and that's when I realised that I wasn't the only one who was dying on the ground. Brad's thrashing us in training today because according to him the team's not focused enough, I have to say I kind of agree with him. I can speak for myself when I say that I'm not focused at all. I think you can guess where my minds at. I find that I now use training to take out all of my aggression and it's helped a little. But there's one thing that I know for sure will take all of it away. But hey! It will take a miracle.

I get up from my spot on the grass and run over to the water boy who had set up a little table with lots of bottles of Gatorade and water. I feel really sorry for this guy. Rumour has it that he tried out for the team but didn't make it because he doesn't have the talent. So now he's the water boy for the team and he's terrified of brad the coach. All of my team-mates always stir him but I feel terrible when they do it, so I defiantly don't do it.

"Hey Josh" I greet him cheerfully, ignoring the fact that my body aches and I feel like I'm about to die.

"h- h- hello Mr Hudson what can I do for you today?" he stutters clearly nervous to talk to me.

"Well firstly you can call me Finn, Mr Hudson makes me feel old. And secondly I'll have a Gatorade, whatever flavours fine." I shrug

As he passes me a bottle of Gatorade with shaky hands he replies "um I kind of have to call you Mr Hudson, it's in my contract" he looks down as I scoff. Is he serious? Judging by the fact that he's not looking me in my eyes I seem to think he is telling the truth.

"Well I think that's stupid! How about this then? When it's just you and me like this you can call me Finn, whenever anybody else is around you can call me Mr Hudson. After all you're a human being, just like me." I pat him on the shoulder

"Difference is that you can actually make it on the team and I'm stuck here giving beverages to a pack of.......jerks" I can't help but laugh at the fact that josh wanted to say something worse but decided against it.

"Hey you never know what the future holds." I say giving him a smirk

"You sound like my girlfriend" he laughs and I give myself a mental pat on the back because I finally made him happy and he finally feels comfortable talking to me.

"Well hey look at that you have a girlfriend and are in a stable relationship, and me on the other hand can't even get this one girl to talk to me. That just proves we all can't get what we want." He was about to reply when we hear brad calling out my name......or last name.

"HUDSON!!!" he yells

In the distance I see him point to the bleachers. I couldn't quite work out who was there but I knew it was someone. Obviously! God Finn how many balls did you get in the head during this training session. When I turned back to say goodbye to josh I found him sporting a wide smile and directing it my way. I shot him a confused look and he nods in the direction of the bleachers.

"Looks like some can get what they want. All they need is a miracle!" he gives me a wink and I look back towards the stands and that's when I realised that that person was Rachel.

I give a quick nod to josh and I was off. First I ran up to brad asking him if I could go talk to her. He gave me a slight smile which was another way of saying 'yes you can go'. Just as I was about to take a step he suddenly stopped me.

"Just remember she's my daughter's best friend and if you hurt Rachel it then affects my daughter and then it becomes my business. I like you Finn you're a good boy, I don't want this to keep affecting your training because I've noticed that it's starting to. So let's hope that a miracle happens and everything works out."

I give brad a quick half smile and run towards the bleachers. On my way there my team mates were yelling out to me encouraging things to me like 'go get your girl Hudson' and they were also yelling out stupid things like 'bag it Hudson'. I try to ignore everything they're saying because I just want to pay attention to one thing and one thing only. Rachel.

As I get closer to her I take in her appearance, she looks sleep deprived. Her eyes were red and puffy and I could tell the way she felt judging by her clothes. Rachel always dressed in a specific way. She was always polished, and right now she was wearing a jumper with baggy tracksuit pants, and to finish off her look she's wearing a red bow headband on her head. I have to admit that she looked adorable.

When I reach her she gives me a little smile and it sends shivers down my smile. I give her a small smile back and jump over the small fence that was separating the bleachers to the pitch.

"Hey!" I pant trying to catch my breath.

"Hi" she quietly whispers. She was about to continue but then she gets interrupted by my teammates, once again yelling nonsense.

She looks at my team and then back at me "Do you want to go up there so we can speak more privately?" she asks me pointing towards the higher bleachers.

I quickly nod slightly confused that she wants to talk to me at all. As we are walking to the higher seats I can't help but think that this is a good thing. She's finally willing to talk to me. I haven't heard her beautiful voice in ages. Once we take a seat there's an awkward silence. I look over towards her and she's looking out onto the field. I want to start a conversation with her but I don't know what to say. All my worries faded away when I heard her speak.

"How's this going?" she's still staring at the field intently. I figure she's talking about the whole New York Giants thing.

"It's going great. Its hard work but I used to have a friend that was always determine to concur her dreams, I guess it just always motivates me to keep going." That's when she finally takes her eyes off the pitch and directs them to me. A new emotion washes over her face and I don't think I've seen this face since high school. Was she jealous? Why would she be jealous?

I then come to the realisation that it's because I mentioned a friend that was a girl.

"She must have been an amazing friend" she looks down and starts to play with her fingers. I can't help but smile at what I was about to say

"She was........she was you" her head shoots up and the jealously instantly fades away.

The awkward silence came back once again and we both found ourselves looking in the direction of where Brad was yelling at some guys who were playing around with water and beginning to have a water fight.

"Spencer continuously tells me that Brad won't stop talking about how good you are." She giggles and I have to say it's like music to my ears.

"I'm so proud of you Finn" she takes one of her hands and places it over mine, like a reflex I quickly grab her hand and hold it tight.

"I'm proud of you too" I say looking her right in the eyes. She sarcastically scoffs

"What have I done to make you proud of me, I'm always ignoring you and pretty much every time we end up talking we end up fighting or we both end up hurt."

I know I shouldn't ask this questioning but I feel it wanting to come out and if I don't say it I will burst. So I decided to just say it.

"So then why did you come here today?" I see her wince at the question. I didn't want to hurt her feelings but it's something I needed to know.

"Spencer told me to come" she simply says. I have to admit it did hurt a little when I found out that spencer told her to come and it wasn't her decision.

"She said that I needed to talk to you, that we both needed to talk." I feel her trying to take her hand away from my grasp but I hold her hand tighter.

"What do you think?" I ask her.

She looks deep into my eyes and I can hear her breath hitch as she's trying to figure out how to respond to the question.

"I think she's right" I feel my throat turn dry so I swallow, and I follow her eyes as she watches my Adams apple bob in my throat.

She pulls her hand out of mine and I frown at the loss of contact. I watch her as she goes into her handbag and grabs something out of it. I can't see what it is because her hands are clutched tight around the object. She then grabs my hand that she was holding before and as she was holding it I feel her drop something in my hand. We are staring in each other's eyes but I lose eye contact with her once she lets go of my hand and I have full view of the item in my hand.

Yep now I defiantly have butterflies. As soon as I see what's in my hand I feel like the world is caving in on me in an instant.

What do you think Rachel Gave to Finn?

Tell me what you think in the comments!

Please Comment & Vote it really means a lot!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.3K 920 11
Rachel Berry and Finn Hudson were childhood best friends who made a deal to marry each other if they didn't marry by the time they were 25. They're n...
8.3K 166 11
Rachel and Finn are expecting a baby girl in 7 months. Then, while they wait for the baby to arrive, they adopt a little girl named Makayla Jane. How...
27.7K 389 30
It's been a while since Finn Hudson and Rachel Berry moved to Los Angeles. Rachel is in college and trying to manage school life with her famous boyf...
26.6K 986 27
It's been a year since Finn Hudson and Rachel Berry got engaged and now they are starting their life as a married couple. But when big changes come a...