Maid To The Prince (Complete)

By TaniaShava

Set in the 1800s were the elite and peasants are very much set apart. Aurora is 18 years old and she is a mai... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71

Chapter 13

6K 148 2
By TaniaShava

"I could never measure up to Princess Nadia My Lord."

Caspian did not know why he was annoyed by her response, "I am not speaking of Nadia currently but about you and I Aurora."

Her face was getting some color, but she did not respond. Caspian stood up from his bed and he saw that she had stiffened.

He came up to her and he tilted her head, she was stunning, but something about her eyes drew him in. What were they hiding?

"I don't know what I am looking for," Caspian said more to himself.

"If you need me to look for anything, I will gladly do so My Lord."

Caspian chuckled at her response to her answer this girl was really naïve and innocent, she never looked for other meanings in his words.

"You are way too innocent for your own good Aurora, it makes me even want you more."

Aurora's face was full-blown red at this moment, he could feel the rise in temperature in her from just touching her chin.

"The color on your face is remarkable, cute. Blushing over a couple of words."

"Forgive me, My Lord."

"What is there to forgive Aurora? My desire for you?"

"No, I, no My Lord."

"Say something to me that is genuine, why is everything constricted with you?"

"Forgive Me....."

"My Lord," He finished for her and she instantly fell silent, "I am allowing you to drop the formalities with me Aurora."

"I prefer it this way, My Lord."

"But why?"

"It is as it should be, and I am more comfortable when we have the formalities."

Caspian was even more surprised at her words, Nadia wanted to be with him, the fairest woman in the land and had the background, the perfect maiden who refused every suitor but him, and here stood this girl with red hair and green eyes, a maid and she wanted to be anywhere but with him.

She wasn't fawning nor pretending, he looked her over again. She was petite and small, yet her hands were strong.

Quiet and shy, she did not like any attention more than needed herself. She was innocent too, way too much. Was she living underneath a rock?

"Do you never think about getting married?" Caspian asked her, he analyzed her face and he could see confusion at first and then her hard resolve.

"No My Lord, it has crossed my mind before but I have never taken much thought to it but marriage is not for me."

This was interesting, why did she not want to get married? Most women would want to be married, have kids, and have their own homes yet she did not want it and it seemed she had set her mind to it that she would not be getting married.

"Elaborate for me Aurora."

She seemed hesitant at first but then she proceeded, "My life has always been in the palace and I do not wish for any child to suffer a cruel fate all because of reckless parents."

Caspian saw so much emotion in her answer for the first time, she seemed to be strained.

She must have gone through something so traumatizing,

He found himself stroking her cheek, and he withdrew his hand quickly. What was he doing? No way was he trying to comfort her.

That was not possible, he didn't have that in him, he felt sorry for her and that was all there was to it. He abruptly walked out of the room without looking back. He needed to clear his head.

Aurora's shoulders slumped the minute Caspian made his way out of the room, this was not him, drinking had surely skewed his mind.

Aurora was left in the room standing alone, she was puzzled at the way he had touched her cheek, he was gentle and very soft as if he were offering him some comfort.

He was giving her so much whiplash from his actions, what was his point in asking her about Nadia then he switched up fast as he asked her about him. Was he having a great time taunting her like this, she carried on cleaning and when she was done, she went out to the forest.

The breeze was doing wonders to her, she needed to clear her mind from Caspian, he was out of her reach but she had oddly enough enjoyed his touch. His touch was very soft as if he cared but he had just left like that?

Aurora shook her head, as she kept remembering the touch on her face, what was all this? She was overthinking everything, it was her first time seeing someone so good-looking as him. She went to lunch but her mind was on Caspian the whole time.

His brown eyes and his hand,

"Aurora?"

"Huh, did you say something?"

"Where did your mind wander off to?" Lucy asked.

"It's nothing."

"How are things now that you know he is a prince?" Evelyn asked her.

"They are okay."

"What do you mean okay?"

"He was hungover, and he asked me about Princess Nadia, and he touched my cheek."

They all squealed at her details, "And you are telling me that you felt nothing at all?" Ida asked eagerly.

"I think about it a bit of course."

"Ohhh are you falling for Prince Charming?"

"Not a chance he is to be betrothed to Princess Nadia and I refuse to be used by him."

"I wish we could switch places Aurora, the things that I would do," Barbara added.

They all laughed at her words and finished their lunch, her heart beat fast as she carried the tray over to Caspian's chambers, she lightly knocked as per usual.

"You may enter."

Aurora didn't know why hearing his voice, made her cheeks rush with color. She got in timidly and didn't bother to raise her face as she placed the tray down and she was conscious of every movement that she did.

"Your tea My Lord."

Aurora was surprised at how breathless her words were, she started to walk away fast.

"Did you run all the way here?" Caspian asked her and she froze.

"No, My Lord."

"Look at me Aurora."

She looked up tentatively, and he really was breathtaking, and she felt something in her stomach, it must be fear. Fear and passion all read the same,

"Why are you looking at me like that Aurora, is there something on my face?" Caspian asked her.

She shook her head very fast, she was caught out, "No My Lord, I did not mean to."

"But I was the one that asked you to look at me."

Aurora felt more color in her cheeks, why was she acting so stupid, no she did not want to fall for him no, not him. She was just afraid and knew the authority that Caspian had, it really was all that.

Caspian placed his hand under her chin and tilted it upright, "You look sweeter when you blush Aurora."

"Thank you, My Lord."

"You don't have to thank me for everything Aurora, you are your own person and it does not have to be he says."

"Yes, My Lord."

"Tell me Aurora, barriers aside, what do you think about this lifestyle that I am living?"

"You live very well My Lord, and the heavens have truly blessed you."

Caspian took away his hand and she was staring at the ground once more,

"What did I expect from a mere maid? Of course, you would say the same thing as if you don't have any thoughts of your own Aurora."

"Aren't we slaves to whatever we serve?"

That caught Caspian's attention and Aurora stared at the ground. She felt the blood rushing from her face. Had she gone overboard with her answer?

Would he have her punished? She had definitely overstepped her words,

"I beg your pardon My Lord it seems as if I have overstepped my boundaries and I got way too comfortable."

"Don't back down now Aurora, I want to hear more from you so I can marvel and be amused."

Aurora shakily answered, "If one loves money then tend to be bondage or slave to what they serve."

Caspian laughed lowly at her answer, "What would a mere maid know about?"

Aurora nodded, she hoped he would not have her fired from her position.

"I beg your forgiveness My Lord for my thoughtlessness."

Caspian nodded at her words and he dismissed her from his chambers.

Aurora went to dinner but she was in a huge daze, there was a little that happened but knowing her she would overthink it all.

She arrived at her place and changed, she was under the sheets and the events from today came flooding in like a hail storm.

Aurora hadn't been reprimanded so maybe she could keep her job, and all this would be swept underneath the rug.

The most prominent moment was when he touched her skin and she was tingling all over. She rolled over and forced herself to go and sleep.

Caspian sat awake in the night, with a loin cloth wrapped around his waist, Aurora's words were plaguing him so much and he debated with himself as to why this should bother him.

He was the one with a lot of desirable things but she seemed to be content with the life that she had. He wondered if she secretly envied Nadia's life and if given the opportunity would she snatch it as fast as it arose?

"Aren't we slaves to what we serve?" Her words echoed again in his. He finally felt very exhausted, he fell asleep with so much on his mind, most of all,

Aurora and her haunting words.Early access to chapters: www.patreon.com/taniashava

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.1K 665 38
Aurora Lopez had the intentions and goals of starting new, and having a normal life. She was met with difficulties along the way, and one of those di...
5M 102K 50
"Aiden..." I shake my head, eyes fixed anywhere but the gorgeous man next to me. His hand grips my chin tightly, just enough to make me avert my eye...
1.2K 40 17
**Notice before reading** This is not a cheating trope , you'll get to know after reading 2nd chapter. 🖤🖤🖤 Adain is a man in his e...
58K 2K 48
"But he who dares not grasp the thorn should never crave the rose" *** ExTrAcT "We're role-playing Sunshine, think...