The Golden Quartet (Harry Pot...

By AutumnRxses5

The Golden Trio has been inseparable their first couple of years at Hogwarts. Everything changed their third... More

Third Year - Chapter 1
Third Year - Chapter 2
Third Year - Chapter 3
Third Year - Chapter 4
Third Year - Chapter 5
Third Year - Chapter 6
Third Year - Chapter 7
Third Year - Chapter 8
Third Year - Chapter 9
Fourth Year - Chapter 10
Fourth Year - Chapter 11
Fourth Year - Chapter 12
Fourth Year - Chapter 13
Fourth Year - Chapter 14
Fourth Year - Chapter 15
Fourth Year - Chapter 16
Fourth Year - Chapter 17
Fourth Year - Chapter 18
Fourth Year - Chapter 19
Fourth Year - Chapter 20
Fourth Year - Chapter 21
Fifth Year - Chapter 22
Fifth Year - Chapter 23
Fifth Year - Chapter 24
Fifth Year - Chapter 25
Sixth Year - Chapter 26
Sixth Year - Chapter 27
Sixth Year - Chapter 28
Sixth Year - Chapter 29
Sixth Year - Chapter 30
Seventh Year - Chapter 31
Seventh Year - Chapter 32
Seventh Year - Chapter 33
Seventh Year - Chapter 34
Post Hogwarts (Epilogue) - Chapter 36
~ AUTHOR'S MESSAGE ~

Seventh Year - Chapter 35

319 7 1
By AutumnRxses5

"He is dead," Voldemort called out with twisted delight. "From this day forward, you put your faith in me. Harry Potter is dead!"

All the Death Eaters behind him erupted into laughter. You all stood there in discomfort while you watched. You couldn't tear your eyes away from Harry's body. It was still dark outside as the hours of early morning slowly crept along but you could all see Voldemort parading himself around anyway. He faced you all again.

"And now is the time to join us. Or die."

"Draco," Lucius called.

Heads turned towards your cousin. Draco's parents kept calling him over as if he was a small child again. Bellatrix waited with a triumphant smile on her face. For a moment, Draco shifted in his spot and you all thought he would move. Your cousin rolled up his sleeves to show a lack of a dark mark before grabbing your hand. His father's smile turned to a deep frown. Voldemort sneered before moving away like he didn't really care if Draco had joined him or not. You reached out to Neville as he began to hobble forward. He shook your hand off and continued, not caring that the Death Eaters were laughing at him. Voldemort laughed too before smiling.

"I must say I hoped for better but... Who might you be, young man?"

"Neville Longbottom." That earned another set of laughter.

"Well, Neville. I'm sure we can find a place for you in our ranks—"

"I'd like to say something!"

Voldemort clenched a fist at the mere thought of someone trying to upstage his moment. He lowered his hand and decided to give Neville the floor— he could share a few minutes of his victory with a new recruit.

"It doesn't matter that Harry's gone—"

"Stand down, Neville," Seamus tried to call out.

"People die every day! Our friends, family. Yeah, we lost Harry but he didn't die in vain. Neither did the others. We keep fighting!" He turned to Voldemort. "And you will die!"

You heard the sound of metal as Neville pulled the sword of Gryffindor from the Sorting Hat that he was still clutching in his hands. There was little time to react as Harry suddenly dropped from Hagrid's arms, using your wand to cast a spell. All the Death Eaters gasped in outrage while your side did the same but in happiness. Your smile took up your whole face because your senses were right. You don't know how but they were right. The black smoke erupted again as Death Eaters turned into the columns to descend on you all once more. You and the others began to run inside, being ushered in by remaining members of the Order who tried to put up more protective spells as quickly as possible.

"We need to kill the snake," Harry said as he ran to you, Hermione, and Ron.

He ran off to another part of the castle covered in debris as if that alone would drive Voldemort and his followers away from all of you and towards just him. Ron and Hermione left to follow as you ran back inside. The Great Hall became a battlefield once again as people tried to duel around the dead. You ran to try and grab those that were severely injured before they could get hit in the crossfire. You, Draco, George, and Ginny worked overtime to lead them somewhere safe. It was only possible to get one at a time without being noticed. You went back to grab Dennis Creevey, still in shock at the loss of his brother Colin. You were trying to pull him away. His parents were muggles who already didn't know how bad the situation was. Both boys had snuck back to join the fight after getting the call from the Dumbledore's Army galleons. The Creeveys already lost one son and you didn't want them to lose another. You froze as you heard the word Crucio.

You heard screaming but it wasn't coming from your lips. You turned behind you to see Draco writhing in pain, having jumped in front of you to stop Bellatrix's curse.

"Draco!" Your banshee level scream made everyone in the Hall cover their ears for a moment.

It called over Ginny and George once they recovered. Ginny started to duel Bellatrix while George tried to help you get Dennis and now Draco out of the Hall. You knelt by your cousin as you tried not to cry while he assured you that he wasn't hurt. You buried your head in your lap and covered your ears. It was too much. Your head snapped up and you only focused through tears when you smelt the Burrow. You were keeping closer awareness on the little family you had left. You went back to see Ginny miss her last spell. You were about to scream again, try to buy her some time even if it possibly costed someone else their life.

"Not my daughter, you bitch." Mrs. Weasley stepped in front of Ginny, firing off spell after spell.

You stayed, not willing to leave Mrs. Weasley in a duel. Every spell she fired threw Bellatrix off and made her stumble backwards. You watched a jet of green come from Mrs. Weasley's wand and Bellatrix was no more. You welcomed the chill that came with that, reveling in every bit of the ice it had to offer you. Your ears perked up as you heard the slithering of a snake and began to smell everything that reminded you of Harry. The darkness at the corners of your vision told you that if he died this time there wouldn't be a next.

"Neville! The stairs!"

You watched Neville run out of the hall and towards the main stairs of the castle. The scent of Harry died down to be replaced with someone else. Books and a sweet perfume. Hermione. You stared at where Neville had just been and hoped all the same that he got to Hermione to help before Nagini got to her.

The smell came back but it wasn't just Harry. It was the scent of leather and the ocean, something foul layered on top of it. It could only be Voldemort. You knew Harry would never use the connection that the banshee power gave him but you would. You could hear the wood breaking and chains swinging. They were fighting somewhere in one of the towers. There were too many to blindly run to one.

"Come on, Tom." You heard Harry say. "Let's finish this how we started. Together."

They were falling— you could feel the breeze go by. You rushed to find where you had dropped the Invisibility Cloak in the Hall while helping others. Grabbing it, you ran. All you could see was black smoke. Voldemort must have been trying to apparate or move them somewhere— a fall would have killed them both. You stood in the middle of the debris filled corridor, head whipping around wildly as you tried to sense where they were. You could hear the crash before you actually sensed it. They had landed back at the front courtyard. The rough fall broke the connection and your feet moved before you could even process. Abruptly, your heels dug into the floor. The smell of Ron and Hermione flooded your nose but you could hear the clash of two spells from Voldemort and Harry's wands. A hand suddenly grabbed you. Ron was pulling you as he had a hold on Hermione. Nagini was slithering down the steps behind you all. Every spell Hermione threw did nothing. You let go of Ron's hand so he could try, achieving the same results. You were all backed up onto a pile of rocks.

Eyes shut as you clutched each other and prepared for the worst as Nagini geared up to spring. Your head darted up from Hermione's shoulder and your eyes snapped open as you smelled that foul scent. You turned your head to see the blade of the sword of Gryffindor cut through Nagini's neck as Neville fell to the ground. The sound of the clash of spells went silent for a brief moment. Voldemort had felt the last horcrux destroyed. You looked at Neville who gave you a nod before you scrambled to your feet and ran again. The sound of spell clashing picked up in your ear again but this time you could see the jets of red and green light as you entered the courtyard.

"Harry!" You screamed at banshee level.

The light of green from Voldemort was briefly overtaken by the light of red from Harry. He clutched his ear with his free hand while Harry seemed almost unfazed, his head tilting a little at the discomfort. Harry turned his head to look at you. You fished the Resurrection Stone from your shirt pocket and clutched it tight in one hand while the other held the Invisibility Cloak. He understood what you meant. Harry took in a breath as he broke one of his only promises to you. He gave you a nod and you screamed. Harry was completely unaffected. Confusion graced Voldemort's face as he saw Harry's shadow seem to grow behind him. The banshee power was supposed to be with him.

The red of Harry's wand overtook the green and just as you stopped screaming— as Harry purposely stopped the connection— Voldemort dropped to the ground. The dark marks on Death Eaters' arms burned as they faded into scars. Voldemort was dead. For real this time. Some continued to fight while others, most, fled in their clouds of black smoke.

The sun started to peek up over the horizon as Harry walked towards Voldemort's dead body. He removed the Elder Wand from underneath the man's hand. Your coughing as you slowly stood up again made him turn his head. Harry ran to you, picking you up with a smile before setting you down again. You tried to laugh your way through a cough. He immediately tilted your chin up so he could examine your neck, satisfied to see no cuts but pressing gentle kisses there anyway until you started to protest. He kissed you for real, rough and quick, before resting his forehead against yours.

"You were brilliant," he said.

Harry pulled away when you didn't respond. You just kept looking at him. His hands held onto your waist a little tighter when you looked him in the eye.

"You're back," you said, simply.

He nodded with a laugh before kissing you again and repeating that he was back. You looked behind him to see Voldemort's body still there. Someone would have to get it. It wouldn't be you.

"Do you still have my wand?" Harry asked.

You pulled the two pieces out of your shirt pocket and handed it to him. Harry pointed the Elder Wand at his own broken one. The fibers of the phoenix feather core began to mend. The wood came back together and the wand was as good as new. Harry tucked your old wand in his back pocket next to his repaired one, slightly stretching the wand pocket's fabric. He grabbed your hand, flipping it palm side up. The Elder Wand was placed in your hand— Harry wrapped your fingers around it.

"There. All three Hallows, back where they belong... There's just one more thing to do. Give you back your dark senses."

"Harry."

"You shouldn't be held to any wizard and you shouldn't be scared anymore."

"I'm not scared, I trust you."

"I could feel your pain when I used the power. Was that what it felt like whenever Voldemort used it?"

You nodded.

"Then I can survive the Cruciatus Curse once if it means you never have to be scared of that pain again."

"Harry, I can't."

"It's alright, love." He wrapped his hand around yours. "We'll do it together, just like flying."

"Crucio," you whispered.

Harry gritted his teeth as pain surged through his body. Your heart hurt as you watched his eyes shut as tight as possible. You recognized the hurt. It happened when Sirius hit the floor in the Department of Mysteries. It happened when Draco was lying in a pool of his own blood in the bathroom. It happened when they brought in Remus and Tonks. It was the heaviness of love, of love for your family. Harry opened his eyes as if he was trying to show you he was okay. You met his eyes and nodded minutely as you pulled the wand away. He was gone for almost a year that you weren't even sure when it happened. But Harry wasn't just your love. He was your family.

"See, love." He pecked you on the lips. "No more pain."

His hand stayed on your waist as you two left the courtyard to enter the Great Hall. The daylight started to stream through both the windows and the gaping holes of the castle. The house-elves had begun handing out cups of warmed butterbeer to survivors. Everyone gathered in little groups, trying to talk to keep from going into shock at the events that just occurred. Others realized how tired they were from fighting all night as the adrenaline quickly crashed— like Luna who had fallen asleep with her head on Neville's shoulder. The severely injured had been moved back from where you and the others had hid them so they could be treated properly by Madame Pomfrey and other professors who had some abilities at healing.

The Weasleys sat on the benches closest to Fred's body. They had stopped crying, now either numb or giving you and Harry somber smiles. Aberforth was already having a laugh with Dean and Seamus over their mugs of butterbeer. Draco and Narcissa gave you a smile and a nod as you walked by. Slughorn was complaining to students and faculty about the battle ruining his garments and you smiled at the fact that it was almost normal despite everything. Harry's hand briefly stopped touching you to give Hagrid a hug.

Ron and Hermione came walking in as they held hands from a new entryway in the Hall that wasn't supposed to be there. The four of you looked at each other. Everyone was safe. You all left the Hall to go outside and watch the sun finish rising. You sat down on the halfway destroyed pier on the Black Lake. You and Hermione were sandwiched between Harry and Ron. She looked at you and sighed before you two bursted into laughter much to the confusion of both boys. The two of you rested your heads against each other and looked at the lake. Harry's hand played with yours. Ron looked over.

"The Hallows, based on what Lovegood said, does that make you the master of death? They're all yours now."

You shook your head. "You can't master death, at least I can't anyway."

Harry already knew the rest of the answer you were going to give. That a banshee was only death's weapon, its omen. He took the time in your pause as you tried to find the right words to speak.

"No one can try to master death, not anymore" he said. "Not when we've returned all her stuff to her."

He smiled when you squeezed his hand. The four of you sat on the pier until the sun was full past the horizon. Deep breaths were taken after watching the mundane yet lovely event and you all stood up to go back into the broken castle. It was slowly clearing of people. The charm on Hogwarts was gotten rid of so people could apparate home. The Great Hall fireplace was half destroyed but good enough to use the Floo Network. House-elves helped students that hadn't mastered apparition get back to their parents and loved ones. Soon it was just Hogwarts' staff, the Order, your cousin, and the Weasleys. The Weasleys came up first.

"We're taking Fred's body home now," Mr. Weasley said, willing himself not to cry again.

Ron nodded. "I'll be there soon. I'm going with Hermione to bring her parents back."

Mr. Weasley said okay but then suddenly pulled Ron into a tight hug. Mrs. Weasley joined and they couldn't stop saying how proud of Ron they were. The Weasleys were suddenly gone. Draco and Narcissa came up after them. Narcissa looked at Harry as she put a hand on Draco's shoulder.

"Harry..."

"Thank you for lying at the manor, Draco." Harry cut in when he saw the other man stall.

You scoffed. "It takes us almost dying for you two to start using first names."

They both chuckled. Narcissa and Draco left with a promise to see you as soon as everyone got back on their feet. You sat down on the bench where Remus and Tonks were. Ron and Hermione left to go find her parents somewhere in Australia— Ron got on Hermione for not putting a tracker on them. Harry left your side to go talk to the Order. There was a lot to do. The Ministry needed to be cleaned out, Death Eaters that escaped needed to be found. Crimes during Voldemort's reign had to be examined and either acquitted or convicted.

The only certain thing was that Kingsley Shacklebot was the new Minister of Magic, something no one argued with. He was only Acting Minister at the moment but you all knew it would be official. He came by briefly to pay respects to Remus and Tonks and give his condolences to you. Harry came back to sit down with you. You both watched McGonagall already start to try and put the castle back together. Only a bit of the Great Hall was fixed before she sat down, exhausted. It would take at least a month and multiple staff members to put the castle back together. Harry looked down at Remus and Tonks.

"Do we want to bury them with Sirius?"

"I was actually thinking we move Sirius. My dad only like Grimmauld because we made it a home. He should be in Godric's Hollow with his friends, we should put Uncle Remus and Tonks there too."

Harry agreed. He sent a patronus to Andromeda before you both apparated with the bodies to Godric's Hollow. Andromeda practically shoved Teddy into your hands as she broke down in sobs. She pulled out her wand, wanting to be the one to bury them. You and Harry obliged with no complaint. The funeral was quick and quiet. There was no need to wait and invite the others. Everyone had loved ones to bury. Andromeda went back to the cottage with Teddy. You and Harry went to Grimmauld. The door was locked with a letter attached.

The kids are accounted for and being taken home. All their pets are with them— I can't believe you apparated their pets. I'm taking the last batch to their parents. I'll see you at some point. Hopefully this is the last time I'll have to write this last part: If you won, I'm still alive. May 2, 1998. Cedric.

You took the letter from the door and opened it. Padfoot meowed with great annoyance as he was being carried by Kreacher who had jumped up when he heard the door open. Your cat had not taken kindly to the chaos that was briefly brought to Grimmauld. Harry packed up the things you wanted to take into large trunks and you went back to the cottage where Andromeda made porridge for a late breakfast. You told Andromeda and Kreacher to go rest while you and Harry cleaned up. He washed the dishes while you tried to burp Teddy. You and Harry laughed when you realized that you two tended to do things the muggle way. He only switched to using magic for the dishes about halfway through.

"Andromeda's been dying," you confessed. "Old age, losing her husband a few years ago, and now Tonks and Remus. She has maybe a month or two, Harry."

"What about Teddy?"

"I was going to take care of him."

"I mean we have enough money to do it... you got quiet." Harry turned away from the sink. "Did you think— you thought I was going to leave because there's a baby."

When you didn't say anything, Harry chuckled and walked over to you. He kissed your forehead and then bent down to kiss Teddy's forehead.

"I already left you once, next time it's because I'm actually dead. For the record, I wanted kids much later in life."

You finally reacted with a light-hearted laugh. Harry took Teddy from your arms and you both went to the couch to relax. An owl pecked on the kitchen window. You got up to see what was happening. The owl flew off without even waiting to see if you had something for it. Closing the window back, you returned to the couch. Harry's eyes scanned over the paper as you read it.

"A ceremony at Hogwarts?"

"The Ministry still has a job to do," you said. "Everyone needs to know we won. Dark wizards shouldn't try to rise up because we will win again."

"It feels too soon, even in two weeks, it just feels too soon."

You nodded in agreement. It still felt too soon when the actual day came. Teddy pulled at the the peter pan collar of your short black dress. You handed him to Andromeda who sat in the back as you and Harry walked towards the seats reserved for people that fought. Everyone was dressed similarly— nice but in all black. The Great Hall and front courtyard had been fully fixed. The rest of the castle still needed repairs. McGonagall gave you all somber nods as she started the opening speech. It wasn't missed on guests how the snaps of cameras made some of you flinch. The list of the dead was read off and respects were given. Kingsley, now officially the Minister of Magic, stepped up to the podium. It felt weird to be awarded for nearly dying. It felt weird to be called a soldier but that's what you all were.

One by one names were called and medals were given. The crowd gave strong applause for each person, no matter the award or how big the contribution. Kreacher had been given a medal for assistance in evacuating children and persuading the house-elves to join the cause. Aberforth and Cedric were given the same awards for helping the kids evacuate. Mrs. Weasley looked pale in the face as she accepted the Aurors' Silver Owl for getting rid of Bellatrix Lestrange. Draco didn't expect his name to be called at all, looking back at you and his mother when he went up to accept a medal. Some of the loudest applause out of all the faculty went to Professor McGonagall as she accepted the Phoenix Medal. Neville was given an extra medal for defeating Nagini and all of the DA were given Aurors' Owls of either gold or silver. You, Harry, Ron, and Hermione were called last.

"The Aurors' Gold Owls and The Phoenix Medal go to Ronald Bilius Weasley and Hermione Jean Granger for bravery in standing up to Voldemort and daring to never cease in their pursuit for horcruxes."

Hermione and Ron accepted the awards. They were prepared to sit down when Kingsley made them stay up because he wanted a picture at the end of The Golden Quartet.

"And to (Y/N) Sirius Black and Harry James Potter. The Boy Who Lived that protected his loved ones till the end. The banshee squib who proved more than capable. For defeating Voldemort, I present them with the Minister's Award."

The sound of clapping echoed in the Hall. Cheers erupted all around and everyone continued to give applause even if their hands were turning red. You gripped Harry's hand as the camera flashes began to sound more and more like whispers. It was easy to slip back into thinking you heard the whispers all around when you were standing in the very place it all happened. He squeezed your hand back, trying to tell you it was okay. You managed to smile for the picture before having to step down from the podium. You didn't stay long after the ceremony— Harry told everyone that you just felt a little sick. You ducked into the bathroom when you got home. Harry immediately followed you in. He held you and cradled your head as he felt the first tears drop onto his shirt.

"It sounded so much like everyone."

"We're home now, you're away from the whispers."

The weeks went by and whenever you sent Andromeda to nap, you and Harry would sit at the table and plan some sort of future. It wasn't perfect by any means but neither of you saw a child— a baby— in it so soon. But you both weren't letting Teddy go.

Harry was going to be an Auror. He wouldn't rest until at least all the Death Eaters at the battle were captured. You weren't going to even stop him. You had already decided at Grimmauld before he, Ron, and Hermione went on the run that you would be okay with the job as long as Harry promised to come back to you every time. You were going back to Hogwarts. You had already written to McGonagall that you would take up the position of Alchemy teacher again but with a catch. You would run the class from outside of Hogwarts at your store in Hogsmeade. You never had that many students anyway during either of the two trial run years. It would be easier to watch Teddy and take care of him that way. It was decided that the upper floor of your four story building was going to be your new house. The floor underneath was your classroom. The ground floor would stay a plant store and the basement would remain storage. It wasn't a perfect plan but it was solid.

~~~

Andromeda told you both to go have fun for Harry's birthday. It still felt too soon to have a large affair. So you, Ron, Hermione, and Harry went to The Leaky Cauldron for a drink. Ron seemed to be coping a bit better with Fred's death than he was before. He and Hermione were taking it slow. You and Harry threw back your shots of Snitch's Sour as Harry ordered a round of butterbeer for the table. Taking it slow was far out the realm of possibility for the two of you anymore. Ron decided on being an Auror as well. He and Harry had their meetings with the Ministry a couple days after Harry's birthday.

"How are Teddy and Andromeda?" Hermione asked.

You swallowed your drink. "Both good."

"They both sleep a lot," Harry chimed in, making the table laugh. "And Teddy's got practically a full head of hair."

"Really?"

"Yep." You nodded. "And he's a metamorphmagus like Tonks... his hair likes to match the wallpaper of whatever room he's in."

You all kept talking and sharing stories. Ron surprised Harry with a cake— all four of you dove in with forks, not bothering with extra plates. You stayed in The Leaky Cauldron until the afternoon crowd turned into the night crowd. Clearing out, you and Hermione went one way to look at shops in Diagon Alley while Harry and Ron went another.

"Last time we walked arm in arm," you started.

"We were talking about padded bras," she chuckled.

One look at each other and you two started laughing for real. The streets of Diagon Alley were packed but not nearly as full as they used to be. Everyone was still slowly recovering. You two mainly window shopped, not going into many stores.

"How are your parents?" you asked.

Hermione sighed. "We're working on it. We found a squib therapist, he's really good at helping them understand our world a bit. But..."

"Every time you mention another dangerous thing that happened at school, they get angry all over again?"

"Exactly. I know it'll be fine but I didn't think it would take long. I've moved back home at least for a little while. Dr. Eck says it'll help the family healing process."

"From one broken family to another, I can tell you that it will get better."

Now that you were separated, you and Hermione talked about relationships without the presence of your boyfriends. She wasn't sure if she and Ron were at that stage yet of calling each other boyfriend and girlfriend.

"So you and Harry... it's been two years. This Christmas will make three. Are you doing anything for your anniversary?"

"I don't know, I guess we'll figure it out when it comes around."

"Do you think he'll propose?"

You stopped looking at tea in the window display that the two of you were standing at. Hermione's eyes continued to roam over the teas before she seemed to pick one and dragged you inside.

"What makes you think he'll propose? We're so young right now."

"Yes but doesn't Teddy make things different? You and Harry were already so in love it was nauseating and you're both welcoming a baby that's not yours into your family. Ron and I were just assuming it would happen quickly."

"Well, we haven't discussed more than taking in Teddy. I don't think either of us was really thinking about it."

Hermione hummed in understanding. The two of you bought your teas and met back with the boys who had done a little shopping of their own. You said your byes with the promise to meet again soon before heading your separate ways. You put a hand on Harry's arm.

"Happy birthday... I think we can celebrate better at Grimmauld."

A corner of Harry's mouth curved upwards and you both apparated straight to your room in Grimmauld. It was a mess as the two of you kissed and tried to shed clothes as quickly as possible. You fell back on the bed. Harry crawled over you, placing kisses on your body as he worked his way up to your mouth. He pulled away long enough for you to take off his glasses before kissing you again. A year apart and then immediately going to Andromeda's house, you and Harry were all over each other. His hands worked to make themselves familiar with your body once more. He smiled at every small sound he drew out of you.

"Wait... Harry," you mumbled between kisses. "Your birthday... sit back and... enjoy it."

He faltered for a moment. The bed creaked as you two moved, making you both pause to laugh. You collapsed against the sheets as giggles overtook you. Harry, who had moved to lean his back against the headboard, pulled your body into his lap. Even though you told him to sit back and enjoy it, Harry took the lead as his hands gently guided your hips. Both of you breathed out each other's names and just stayed still as the high tension began to settle down.

You didn't bother getting dressed again after lazily cleaning yourselves up— it was clear that you would go back to Andromeda's house in the morning. You felt the tossing before you were actually aware of it. Harry's eyes flashed open. He looked over at you and sighed when he realized he woke you up. You wrapped the sheet around you and got out of bed. He chuckled when you came back with two glasses of Shirley Temple.

"What did you see?" you asked calmly.

"Spells hitting everyone. Voldemort hitting the castle barrier."

You grabbed his hand. It would take time for you both to not hear danger or mistake something innocent for the next horcrux. And not just the two of you but for most of the people that fought. You both finished sipping on drinks and tried to fall asleep once more.

Harry had come back from his meeting with Kinglsey after you went back to Andromeda's. Kingsley and the entire Ministry was more than excited to have him and Ron become Aurors even without graduating Hogwarts. Hermione flat out refused to go straight to work. She wanted to finish her education and she was determined to do it. It's not like she would be alone. About half of the DA was repeating their seventh year since they went into hiding for a good bit of it. Harry met you sitting in the grass outside the house.

"Ron and I start tomorrow. They want to try planning how to get Death Eaters before we really start losing trails."

"It's Andromeda's time. She's holding Teddy, Kreacher's watching over them."

"Today? You're sure?" he asked.

You nodded solemnly. "The smell of her perfume started lingering a week ago. It fills the whole house now."

Harry sat next to you. "If she's with Teddy then she'll be happy."

"That's what I thought too."

You and Harry waited outside. The sun was starting its descent towards the horizon when Kreacher appeared. He didn't have to say anything for you two to know. Just like with Remus and Tonks, the funeral was small and quiet. Just you, Harry, Kreacher, and Teddy. You grabbed Harry's hand, fingers interlocking.

"Harry?"

"Yes?"

"We have a child."

You both looked at Teddy in your arms. Planning was one thing but now it was reality and it just now hit the both of you. Harry scratched the back of his head.

"We have a child," he repeated with a slow nod of his head. He began to laugh.

"What?"

"We're a family of halves... half-blood, half-banshee, half-werewolf."

"We're probably the worst parents." You laughed with him. Teddy joined in despite not knowing what was happening.

You didn't go back to Andromeda's cottage and the two of you didn't go back to Grimmauld. Hogsmeade was the new name for home. You would have to go back and clean Andromeda's house, go through her stuff and read the wills of her, Remus, and Tonks which you had been putting off. The cottage would be sold because you and Harry couldn't fathom having five houses. The Potter's house in Godric's Hollow, Harry gave to the Ministry as a historical monument. That just left the Potter Manor. You encouraged him to keep it for the same reason that you were keeping Grimmauld. It was the place of family.

But Grimmauld and Potter Manor were both just existing for now. Hogsmeade was where you both thought that you wanted to start building your own life with each other. Everything you kept from the cottage would be moved to Grimmauld for storing. But that could all be thought about later, all you and Harry wanted to do was spend the first night in your new home and start figuring it out in the morning.

"What is that noise?" Harry asked groggily.

You groaned and lifted your head from his chest. "Baby."

The warmth of your boyfriend was gone as he left the bed to walk a few feet to Teddy's crib. You tried to snuggle with the heat left behind on the sheets as Harry rocked Teddy. The cries weren't dying down and you were sharply reminded why the two of you both were thinking of kids much later in your life. But Teddy— as annoying as he was being— wasn't going anywhere. You'd fight anyone that dared to take him from the only family he had left. You heard Harry's murmurs and shushing turn into actual hushed words.

"Do you want a story, Teddy? Is that what you want? Hmm, the first time I met your father he saved me on the train..."

You fell back asleep listening to Harry tell the story of meeting Lupin. Teddy fell asleep as well. Harry set him down and slipped back into bed. He tried not to disturb you as he did. You immediately snuggled up to him again. Teddy didn't cry again for the rest of the night. He did, however, cry at a more appropriate time of the morning when you and Harry overslept what the baby considered breakfast time. You were up to feed him. He was finally switching over to solid foods, although you hardly considered mush solid food. You sat Teddy in his high chair and moved to the fridge.

"Which one, Ted Ted?" You held up two fruits. "Pears or apples?"

His hair had a little patch of green at the front.

"Pears it is."

You asked Kreacher to make breakfast for everyone else while you mashed up the pears. Padfoot squinted the entire time from where he was sitting on top of the refrigerator. The cat felt slighted at having to wait for the baby's food to be made first before he got his. The only saving grace was you did put Padfoot's food in his bowl first before sitting down and feeding Teddy. The flat was practically empty aside from Teddy's furniture and kitchen supplies that you brought from Andromeda's and the bed that needed to be returned to Grimmauld. Since you were keeping your family home as a summer home, you wanted the furniture to stay there. And with a baby that had certain needs, you needed specific furniture that would help you navigate with your little magic.

The Elder Wand laid on the counter near the stove. The Resurrection Stone was next to it and the Invisibility Cloak was just in a pile on the floor next to some trunks of clothes that had yet to be put in the closet. You weren't sure what to do with them. The Elder Wand had enhanced your magic so much that you had no problems performing spells. Two or three years ago, even last year maybe, you would have given anything for that. But now, you were happy with being a squib. You weren't even sure if you wanted to restart the Alchemy project on magic. Harry came in, snapping the final button closed on his Auror uniform. You turned your head as he leaned against the counter and ate the food Kreacher made.

"What?" Harry asked with his mouth full.

"Nothing, you just look good in that uniform."

"We're supposed to wear it any time it isn't a stealth mission."

"I want to thank whoever designed them."

Harry huffed a laugh and cleaned off his plate, putting it back in the cupboard. He came up behind you as you gave Teddy another spoonful of food. Harry's hand came from around, holding a piece of toast with your favorite jam. You took a bite and tilted your head up to see him looking a little too smug at feeding you.

"What are you and Teddy doing today?" He asked as you finished chewing on another bite.

"Going to fix up all four levels, school starts in a month and I think the kids would appreciate some chairs. You?"

"We're already on an in-field case. It's Ron, Neville, and I. Robards is leading."

"Am I allowed to know who?"

"Amycus Carrow and his sister Alecto."

The toast was set down when Harry noticed you tensed up. He pulled you up from the chair and into a hug. He only let you go when your breathing evened out again.

"Hey, I'll get them. Alright?"

You nodded and Harry gave you a quick kiss before taking the fireplace to the Ministry. Teddy finished eating and after you burped him, it was time to properly start your day. You grabbed a bit of Floo Powder and yelled out Diagon Alley, you and Teddy appearing in the Leaky Cauldron. Kreacher wasn't with you all because he was working with the volunteers to rebuild Hogwarts before school started. He genuinely liked working at Hogwarts, probably because you and Harry still insisted on doing so much by yourself.

The first thing you did was buy a baby carrier because wearing Teddy as you shopped was a lot more comfortable than carrying him— Diagon Alley was too packed for you to want to use a stroller. You had to hold his little hands almost every time you went into a shop. He had a fascination with grabbing everything. The store clerks sent your packages back to your house so you were hands free the entire time. You and Teddy took a break in a small tea shop. You laughed as his hair kept changing to match the garments of people passing by. He would eventually learn to get it under control— you hoped. You stirred the sugar into your tea, clinking the spoon against it before resting the utensil on the saucer.

"Hey, stranger."

You turned, with the teacup to your lips. You almost spit your tea out at seeing Cedric's smile. He pointed to the free seat and you nodded as you swallowed the tea. He ordered himself a drink.

"Hi, I feel like I haven't seen you in forever. Thank you, by the way, for helping with the children."

Cedric shrugged. "No problem. I would've joined the fight anyway the minute we all heard what was happening. It's good to see you, I was worried you hadn't made it out for a moment until the ceremony."

"Hey, stranger. I'm still alive, trying to get my life back together. Having tea across from a handsome loser. August fifth, nineteen ninety-eight."

He laughed. "At least I'm handsome. So who's this?"

"Ah, meet Teddy. Teddy, can you wave?"

His little hand flailed and he gave a babble that could be interpreted as a greeting, accompanied with a bit of spit up. You wiped it with a napkin as Cedric messed with the baby. His tea came and he stopped making Teddy laugh in order to take a sip.

"Teddy? Where did you and Harry get that name from?"

"Whe— oh, no, no. Teddy's not ours— well, not b— I've never been pregnant."

"In my defense, I haven't seen you since the ceremony and before that it was the wedding. That's a year."

"He's my nephew and godson. Remus and Tonks' kid. We're taking care of him now," you explained.

Cedric nodded after snickering at your sudden fluster from the possible insinuation that you might have had a child. The two of you caught up in person which you both agreed was much better over letters. Puddlemere United had started again and he began training soon.

"I'm not giving the jumper back. It's signed by the best seeker in the world, it'll cost a lot one day."

"You all should come to the opening game. Season start's been pushed all the way back to winter, I think during Hogwarts' break."

"We'll be there... do we still get the box?"

Cedric rolled his eyes but smiled. "I will put you, Harry, and Teddy down for the box."

You finished tea and the two of you walked around until he had to leave for practice. You and Teddy's shopping was finished shortly after.

"Come on, Ted Ted, let's go home."

The living room was packed with packages. You wheeled Teddy's crib into the room so you could set him down in it. He watched as you got to work creating the perfect flat— you did grab the Elder Wand to fix everything downstairs before putting it up on the wand stand that you bought. Harry's patronus came a few hours after everything was finished. You sighed, knowing this was the first night of many that he wouldn't be coming home right away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

161K 6K 32
It's the Golden Five's second year, and strange things have been happening. What happens when one of the five fall astray and needs the help of other...
124K 2.3K 29
Hermione Jean Granger 1/3 of the golden trio, girlfriend to Ronald Weasley, defeating Voldemort at the battle of Hogwarts. Hogwarts was being rebuilt...
428K 3.3K 26
All in the title You can request I'll be doing Marauders era, The Golden Trio era but not the next generation VOTE & SHARE!
7.9K 177 15
You are new to Hogwarts in the 4th year. You catch the eye of the Slytherin Prince, Draco Malfoy, and Cedric Diggory. You are friends with the Golden...