Somebody To Die For (Book 1)

By MckenzieReese

One look, one night, one taste was all it took to have us hooked. I was his crack, he was my greatest drug a... More

The Beginning of it all
The Night Is Still Young
Drunken Encounter
Punishment
Cheetahs
Stay Focus and Win
Game Day
Lying Bastard
Special Needs Fair
Misconduct
An Old Friend
Baby sitting
Anna's First Day
The Interview
His Point Of View
Getting Ready
Uh Oh
First and Last Performance
You're not my dad
Pep Rally
Fake Ass Bitch
Hi Ms Jackson
Killing Us
Cory oh Cory
Detention
Only Me and You
Tough News
I'm telling
Girls Night
Surprise
Its Snowing
The Contest
Who Won ?
The Kiss
Damn Cory
Look Who's in Town
Mixed Emotions
Unfortunate Events
Bye Bye Virginity
Bye Momma
Snake In The Garden
Sisters Forever
Character Analysis
All-Stars
Not Again
Guard that Bitch
I scream for Icecream
Elimination
Day Before Finals
I made it
Are You Ready?
Dont Kiss Her
What goes around comes around
Break up fail
Happy Birthday๐ŸŽ‚
The Funeral
Awards Night
Save Me
Mistaken Identity
Somebody that I use to know
So Long, My Friend
The First Touch
Everything's Falling Apart
Rest In Peace Anna Forbes
Set Him Up
I'm Innocent
The Arraignment
Gathering Evidence
Sarah's Diary
Will You go to Prom with me ?
Unbreakable Bonds
Preparing For War
Character Analysis Pt. 2
I'm okay
Mr Bear
I Spy with My Little Eye
Another One Bites The Dust
The Trial: Day One
Thank Goodness For Prom
Prom Nightโœจ
Don't Waste Prom
Ticking Time Bomb
Two Men, Two Futures
A Free Man
Breaking Dawn
You Can Run, But You Cant Hide
Racing For Time
Somebody to Die For
Thank Youโค๏ธ

Pressed For Time

706 40 1
By MckenzieReese

************
     Jess POV
************

In Science class I learned that death is the irreversible cessation of all vital functions. A permanent stoppage of the heart, respiration and brain activity.

I was still breathing, my brain was still allowing me to think, and I could feel my heart beating out my chest in fear. All of those things meant that I still am alive. For how long ? Im not sure, but wherever I was, this was not going to be my resting place.

Ive been deprived of food and water for hours now. I'm dehydrated and hungry, plus this headache was no help. I sat on a high bed, my hands were bound and I was barefooted, surrounded by broken glass. Which meant if I tried to run, my feet would be sliced severely.

"God, what have I done for you to forsaken me? Please forgive me. Im sorry" I pleaded in prayer, rocking back and forth.

"Father Forgive Me" He came in mocking me. "Shut up, I bet you wasn't crying for God when you was riding Mason huh ?" He sat in a chair opposite the bed, lighting a cigar.

"Please... I dont want to..."

"Pleasseeeee I dont want to dieee" he cut me off mocking me again. "Stop whining dammit ! You're not even making this fun for me anymore"

"But I... please. I haven't done anything to you"

He took a few puffs of his cigar, got up, then blew the smoke into my nostrils. I choked and coughed up some spit while he laughed at me.

"You haven't done anything to me? See, that's where you're wrong sweetheart, you did do something, and because of that, Samantha is dead. You know that actually kind of hurt killing her. I liked her a lot, more than her sister, you caused me kill my favorite one. You tried setting me up, you tried to turn her against me. Now you have my cousin turning against me, I saw you two speaking last night. So yes, you did do something to me, now I'm gonna do something to you" He said before placing the hot cigar on my thighs, burning me.

I screamed out for help but nobody could hear me. He burnt me repeatedly on my thighs using them as an ash tray.

He climbed On top of me, ripping my dress exposing my chest. He smiled while I fought to get from underneath him.

"Nice breast" he licked his lips, bending over me and engulfing them in his mouth.

In that moment my defense mode was activated, I was not about to let this man rape me. As he latched onto my breast, sucking and tugging on it, I bit the side of his face. I didn't let him go, I had a chunk of his flesh in my mouth and he knew if he pulled away his skin would rip off. I clenched my jaw on the meat of his flesh until I felt blood draining onto my tongue.

He used his free hand and dug his thumb into my eye, almost pushing my eyeball out of the socket. I had to let him go, i stopped biting him and he jumped up, holding his face.

"You stupid bitch" he got up, looking in the mirror.

My eye was hurting terribly, I couldn't open it. I cried in agony, hoping he was done, but what he did next hurt me the most.

He lit his cigar again then walked over to me as I laid there with my chest exposed. He came on top of me and held my hands down.

"This is gonna hurt" he said before placing the hot ash on my nipples, burning them repeatedly until I Lost all sensation in them.

***********
Ms Jacksons POV
***********

My conscience, it was killing me. Knowing what Devon has done, what I've been helping him do, its eating me alive. Seducing and Stealing from Mason was one thing, but to kill people? That was never apart of the plan and I didn't sign up for any of this .

I had to get this guilt off of my chest the best way I knew how. The cameras Devon had me set up in Masons home had evidence that would clear his name, so I used it. I didn't care that I threw Cisco under the bus, he bit the hand that fed him the minute he turned on Mason and started working with my cousin.

Devon was troubled growing up. Always wanting the things other people had. Being jealous and stealing shit from people. As a kid everyone brushed it off, they said it was a phase. But it wasn't. He was sick in the head and needed help. He had turned into a complete psycho path and I wanted absolutely nothing to do with him.

I sat behind the prosecutor's table, still playing my role. As much I was on Masons side, I couldn't show it. I cheered for him on the inside. I wanted him to win, he needed to win. He has to.

Mr Fletcher went in on Masons ass. Even I thought he was guilty for second. Devon gave Mr Fletcher all sorts of false stories and fake evidence to paint him out to be the bad guy. However once he was done and it was Ms Bakers time to give her closing argument, a short guy came in and gave her exactly what she needed. The flash drive with the video that I left on the counter at their law firm. I couldn't go to her directly and give it to her, that would incriminate me also.

They proceeded to play the video, everyone was on edge besides me. I already knew what was going to happen. Cisco could be seen sneaking Masons gun back into his safe. He looked at me with the scariest eyes and I played dumb as hell. I shrugged and mouthed to him 'How did they get that?' And he tried to get up to run out of there. However he wasn't fast enough. Ms Baker had summoned him to swear under oath and testify. There was no way out of this for him. I knew he would snitch on Devon, but he had nothing on me. I was never physically present during meetings between those two. He didn't even know how I looked until today when I introduced myself.

I knew that all I needed was to get Cisco to talk and thats what I was about to do.

                               ****************
                           12 Hours Earlier
                                Cory's POV
                                  At Prom
                            *****************

Dayna was super pissed and upset with me. She knew I had feelings for her, but she also knew that I stilled loved Jess. I didn't want to choose between the two because I knew Jess would never choose me anymore. Meaning I wouldn't have any other choice but to choose Dayna and that wouldn't be fair to put her last because someone else couldn't put me first.

"Dayna...."

"Leave me alone Cory.."

"You knew what this was before we started hanging out"

"Oh really ? Tell me. Please tell me, because you just kissed me like an hour ago and said you didn't have feelings for her but your actions are showing me different"

"Dayna"

"Fuck off Cory, you're just like Ryan"

"Okay I love my brother with every bone in me, but dont compare us. I dont cheat on girls and make babies and get STD's"

"Babies ? Who has a baby?" Chelsea came over to where we sat.

"Nobody.... Nothing. Umm Wheres Jessica ?" I asked trying to change the subject.

"Who the fuck has a baby Cory ?" She proceeded to ask again.

"Listen to me, you came midway into our conversation, you have no idea who or what we were talking about so please stop interrogating me. Dayna and I are having a conversation"

"So yall two fucking now?"

"What?" Dayna said with enough attitude to start World War II.

"I asked are yall fucking? I mean for somebody whose suppose to be Jess's friend, you're mighty close with her ex boyfriend. Hmm I'm starting to itch. That happens a lot when I'm around snakes. I better go inside before my skin breaks into hives" She said scratching her arms walking off.

"Wow... some friends I have"

"Dayna.."

"Cory quit it. Whatever we have or had Is done. I like you, I really do, but I cant get my heart broken. I know that's exactly what you're going to do and I don't want that"

"Im not going to hurt you. Jess and I are done. Do I still have feelings for her ? Yeah a little, but they will go away, I'm not ready to commit to you while I'm still dealing with my personal shit. But I want you, I know I do and you deserve all of me, the best of me, not bits and pieces of me. I'm not going to ask you to but If you're willing to just give me some time, thats all Im asking for. Some Time"

She stayed quiet before smiling and shaking her head.

"I'll wait, I dont want to rush what we have, I love being your friend, you've become my bestfriend and I like that"

"And you like me" I said

"Shut up Cory" she playful slapped my arm and I knew in this moment we would be okay.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 9.4K 46
Enemies-to-lovers * Bickering/bantering Boss/employee * Romantic comedy with a HEA He says I'm a hemorrhoid and a massive dark cloud without a silver...
23.6K 382 51
I know it was wrong to kiss him. But I couldn't stop myself no matter what. He was my Stepbrother I know. But I couldn't stop the attraction that I h...
226K 2.4K 35
"๐—œ ๐˜€๐—ต๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—น๐—ฑ ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—บ๐—ฎ๐—ฑ๐—ฒ ๐—บ๐—ฒ" "๐—ฆ๐—ถ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—ป๐—ฎ, ๐—œ ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—น๐˜† ๐—ฎ ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—น ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚" ______ What happens i...
3.6K 239 25
Sometimes the people you think you hate become your biggest drug. Or maybe even the love of your life. Possibly even the person you would fight a a...