My Sister's Keeper (An LOK st...

By Califoryoux

WARNING- LONG CHAPTERS, BUT WORTH THE READ ↓↓↓ She was the younger sister, but she was taught to look after h... More

Book 1; Introduction
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
Book 2; 1
2; 1.2
2;2
2;3.1
2;3.2
2;4
2;5
2;6
2;7
2;8
2;9
2;10
2;11
2;12
2;13
2;14
2;15
Avatar Studios
Book 3;1
3;2
3;3
3;4
3;5
3;6
3;7
3;8
3;9
3;10
3;11
3;12
3;13
3;14
3;15
3;16
3;17
3;18
3;19
Book 4;1
4;2
4;3
4;4
4;5
4;6
4;7
4;8
4;9
4;10
4;11;1
4;11;2
4;12
4;13
4;15
4;16
4;17
4;18
4;19
4;20
4;21
4;22
Epilogue; 1
Epilogue; 2
Epilogue; Last Part
Alternate Ending
Special Chapter
Sequal
Jade
Coco (preview)
Coco (preview)
Coco (preview)
Elegance (preview)
Elegance (preview)
Elegance (preview)
Book 2

4;14

894 32 5
By Califoryoux

"General Iroh, I wish I could say it's nice to see you, but considering the circumstances.." I try to welcome him.

Korra and I have finally made it down to the state line. I haven't seen Iroh in a long time, but every time I do, it's because something bad is about to happen. I know he can handle Kuvira's troops, but I'm afraid with that giant mecha suit, she has the upper hand. Hopefully we can take that thing out and even the playing field.

One thing that bothers me is, when the heck did she build that thing? I, Jade, Bolin, and Varrick worked for her for three years, and we never heard any plans about creating some super weapon attached to a giant mecha suit! Did Jade and I really waste all that time there? We reported so much to Raiko throughout the years, but compared to this, that was nothing. I just wish I would've known. This whole thing could've been avoided.

"Don't worry, Avatar, Master Kitty, we're going to put a stop to this thing," he assures the two of us.

The silence is so eerie. No one dares to say another word, afraid if we do, we'll miss something. After what feels like forever, I become alert.

"What is it, Kitty?" My sister asks.

"She's coming."

Kuvira is carrying a lot of spiritual energy. I felt it when we saved Zhu Li from the town, and I feel it now. It's almost overwhelming. It feels like a ton is weighing down on you. Like two world's are colliding, literally. I get it now. This is why the spirits started abandoning the city. Because Kuvira was messing with the vines, and I felt all of it because Raina felt it, too! Both of our world's, the spirit and the physical worlds are in trouble.

The three of us continue to stand together in silence, distant clashes sound ever so slightly. As each second passes, it become louder and louder. The ground shakes beneath our feet. It's like the calm before the storm.

"Over there," I direct to my sister and General Iroh.

There it is. The colossal mecha slowly emerges from behind the mountains. It comes to a stop just in front of the barbed-wire fencing. The giant towers over Iroh's men, and a bunch of Kuvira's airships float behind it. Iroh and his troops all share the same shocked expressions.

"Kuvira, this is President Raiko," I hear the president say through the radio. "I order you to stand down. Turn your army around and leave."

"You're in no position to give orders," Kuvira replies.

"Stand down, or we will attack!"

"I don't think you understand the power I possess," she rebuttals. "Let me make it clear."

We watch as the arm of the mecha raises, moments later the cannon fires.

"Get down!" I scream.

The beam of energy sails over us, and towards the city. I crouch to the ground and cover my head. This is insane! There are troops out there, they could all be dead now!

The three of us gaze fearfully at the mecha, which proceeds to turn its cannon downward and point directly towards us and the army assembled on the field. The troops naturally take a few steps back. Kuvira fired this thing at us before, and it's still insanely terrifying.

"Mister President, do I have your order to engage?"
Iroh asks.

"You have three seconds before I wipe out your army," Kuvira threatens.

Remember when I said I wasn't that scared anymore? Is it too late to retract that statement? Because I might just pee my pants right now. I'm ready to fight for my city, always, but just thinking about being destroyed by that thing is terrifying.

"Time's up!"

"Stop!" Raiko says last minute. "We surrender. Republic City is yours."

Sh!t!

"Good. Turn your army, the Avatar, and her sister over to me, and give Baatar your location. He'll present you with our terms."

Me?

Iroh furiously smashes the microphone down onto its receiver. I snap my head in my sister's direction. I'm fuming. I hate Kuvira! She says she's doing all of this to save the Earth Kingdom, but how is threatening to destroy an entire city and killing millions helping? 

"You're not giving yourselves up," I tell my sister.

I remember when she turned herself in to Zaheer... No, not again. We have to try something else.

"I know! And neither are you," She tells me, clearly frustrated by the situation.

"You two get back to the city before she sees you. And Korra, find a way to beat that thing."

...

"I can't believe Raiko!" my sister says to me.

"I can," I state bitterly.

I've worked for this man for three years. Jade and I are already convinced he rigged the election. He's obviously not qualified for this job.

"Raiko surrendered," Korra announces to our friends. "It's down to us now."

"How are we supposed to fight an entire army, a mecha giant, and that crazy weapon?" Bolin asks terrified.

"We can't fight it, but maybe we can cripple it," Asami says and turns to Zhu Li. "Zhu Li, when you were spying on Kuvira, did you learn anything about that metal monster?"

"I had no idea they were even building it."

"Guess Baatar Jr. is a better inventor than I thought- Don't tell him I said that!" Varrick exclaims.

"That's it! Baatar Jr. built it, he'll know how to take it down! I say we capture him and get him to talk," Korra exclaims

"Hmm ...Korra.. "  Tenzin says thoughtfully.

"I know it's a long shot, but it's the only chance we have, and if we don't ..."

"Korra, I'm in."

"We'll need a stealth team of airbenders to get in and out of Baatar's airship unnoticed," Korra begins to explain. "Tenzin, Bumi, Jinora, Kai, Kitty, let's get moving."

Me?

As we disperse, I approach my sister. What is she thinking? I can't go with them. I can airbend, but I'm not an airbender, not yet. Well I am, but you know what I mean. I'm no master. If anyone should go, it should be Opal or Ikki. Right now isn't the time to experiment to see if I'm a 'qualified' airbender. Now if she ever needs a master waterbender, I'm there.

"Korra, have you lost your mind?"

"What?" She asks confused.

"I can't go with you guys. I mean, I'm not ready for that kind of assignment. If you need a waterbender, sure, but if you need another airbender, why can't you just ask Opal or something?"

"I can't ask Opal to capture her own brother."

"What about Ikki then?"

"Ikki's great, but she's a little girl. Kitty, why are you freaking out so much? You're a master bender, and you're a spy? You're the best person to go to for a mission like this."

"But I'm not an airbender, at least not a good one. Not yet," I whine.

"Yes you are! Opal told me she's been helping you, and you're really good."

"I have been practicing," I admit. "I just- I shouldn't be the one to go, not yet."

"Yes you are, I know you can do it. Plus, we've went too long without each other. I want my sister beside me when we bust this loser."

I'm not budging, I don't want to go. End of discussion.

"And besides," she continues. "I know you want to see the look on Baatar's face when we bust in there."

I mean, that would be nice...

"Ok, fine! But how am I going to get there? You're going to be on your glider, and I don't suppose you have an extra air suit like Tenzin and Bumi have?"

"You're going to use a glider, duh."

"But, I've never used one of those before!"

"Oh...." she says. "Well good luck!"

...

Good news, we rode half way over on Korra's bison to abduct Baatar Jr, so it's bought me some time before I have to fly on my glider. I'm feeling very anxious right now. I'm a spy, but I've only had one mission, and that was to travel with Kuvira and collect data. This is different. I'm going against Kuvira. And now my only escape is something I've never done before. I know I have to do it, I'm just so nervous.

"Is everyone ready?" My sister asks.

No.

"Yep!"

Korra rises to her feet and jumps over the side of the saddle with her glider in hand. Ok, this is my moment. I can totally do it. What can go wrong? I fall to the ground and everyone watches me die a terrible death? ... See? No big deal.

We each follow my sister one by one, me being last.
I follow everything Jinora is doing. She is a master, so she's the perfect person to copy.

"Hey, this isn't so bad- bug, bug!"

"Shhh," I hear Tenzin tell me.

Oh yeah, we need to be quiet.

This is so cool! I actually feel like I'm the wind. It's hard to explain, I just feel so... Free. It feels like I was meant to be an airbender. I can't believe I tried to suppress this for so long, being an airbender and all. It just feels right!

We glide swiftly downward through the air toward the airship. Korra runs up to the hatch leading to the airship's interior as we land. She uses metalbending to destroy the latch, then flips it open. She silently motions for Bumi, Tenzin, and I to drop in. Korra follows us through, leaving Kai and Jinora to keep watch on top of the airship.

"It's your cue, Kitty," my sister tells me. "Where would Baatar be?

I take the lead and silently signal them to follow me. I listen carefully. I'm not an earthbender, but if I've learned anything from working with Lin, it's to always feel and listen.

I hear light footsteps as a guard passes the empty doorway. I poke my head around the threshold, and after a few seconds, I motion for the three of them to follow. We tiptoe down another deserted corridor before coming to a stop at a corner. On the other side is Baatar Jr., inputting a passcode into a security door.

There he is.

I watch closely as the doors opens and he walks through. I follow him, and when I'm close enough, I tap his shoulder. He turns around and his face drops, he turns pale. He gathers his composure and his face quickly hardens with hatred. Good, I hope he knows I don't like him either. Three years of his abuse, he should be grateful that I don't throw him out the window.

"What are you doing here?" He asks bitterly.

"Awwe, I've missed you, too. Book him!"

Korra jumps from her cover, and Baatar jr. looks like he pooped his pants this very moment. I watch as he struggles to escape before he is slammed into a thick glass window with a gag over his mouth. Korra, Tenzin, and I hold him in place as Bumi pulls a large sack over his body.

We transport his struggling body outside where Kai and Jinora wait. They catch him as we climb out of the airship. Tenzin and Bumi then carry Baatar Jr. by his hands and feet, gliding back toward the city as the rest of us, Kai, Jinora, Korra, and I follow behind.

"How was that, little sister?" Korra asks.

"Not bad."

It was awesome.

...

"Are you ok?" I ask Opal. "I know seeing your brother like this can't be easy."

"Are you kidding? I'm glad this is happening! He may be my brother, but he's still a terrible person."

"Oh, well if that's how you feel..."

Should I be worried about her? Shouldn't she be... I don't know... Sadder? Maybe she just needs time, I don't know. She just seems so emotionless.

...

I guess it's time to face Baatar Jr..

"You've made a terrible mistake," he says strongly. "Once Kuvira finds out I'm missing, you're all done for."

"That's why before she finds out, you're going to tell us how to stop that mecha giant, or else," Korra threatens.

"Or else what?"

Honestly, I don't believe Korra either. We all know Korra isn't going to beat him up, especially in front of his mother and siblings.

My sister enters the Avatar state and she looks directly at Baatar Jr. She advances toward him, grasps him by his bonds, and lifts him into the air with one arm. For a moment, he looks terrified, and even tries to escape. Moments later he regains his composure and looks confidently right back into her glowing eyes. He smirks.

"You won't hurt me," he says.

"I will," I say as I walk towards him, but I'm stopped by Tenzin.

"I know an empty threat when I see one," he continues.

Korra's eyes fade back to normal as she leaves the Avatar State. Exasperated and angry just as much as I am. She lets Baatar Jr. fall back to the floor, he groans as he crashes down.

"Was this your best idea? You've lost, only you haven't accepted it yet."

Suyin walks over to Korra and places a gentle hand on her shoulder.

"Let me talk to him," she says.

I doubt she can get through to him. Suyin is such a beautiful person, but the way Baatar Jr. painted her to be while we were on our travels together was absolutely terrible. If I'd never met Suyin or her husband, I would have thought she was the worse person in the world.

Just like I predicted, he doesn't care that his mother was literally begging him to stop all of this. She even apologized to him, and for what?! She did nothing wrong! The only person who could get him to stop this, is Kuvira, and of course that won't happen.

...Wait, Kuvira...

Lightbulb!

"Lightbulb, lightbulb!" I exclaim out loud this time.

"Kitty has an idea!" Bolin says.

"What is it, Kitty?" my sister asks.

"If Baatar Jr. won't help us, take away the one thing he can't live without."

An expression of realization flashes across my sister's face, and she give me a nod before turning her attention back to everyone Else.

"Kitty's right, we've been going about this all wrong," she admits and then looks at Baatar Jr. "You're right. I'm not gonna physically hurt you if you don't talk. But there is something I could do that will be even more painful."

She bends over and looks directly into his eyes. I've never seen her so serious. I've seen Baatar Jr. make people do his dirty work because he couldn't do it for himself, I was one of those people. I've seen things and did things while undercover that I'm too ashamed to admit, because Baatar Jr. is such a coward he couldn't do them himself. He's probably terrified right now. I'm glad this is happening. Now he can see the consequences of him doing all of this.

"I will take away the one thing you care for the most ..." my sister continues. "Kuvira."

Baatar's body language changes quite quickly. He went from angry, to fearful, then back to angry. He turns and frowns at me. If looks could kill, I'd be six feet under by now. He looks like he could strangle me. He tries to to collect himself, but we all know how worried he actually is.

"What do you mean?" He asks Korra.

"Kuvira might win," she answers truthfully. "She might chase us out of the city. But you won't be around to enjoy the victory. Because wherever I run, I'll take you. I am going to make it my life's mission to never let you see the one you love again. Is taking the city worth losing Kuvira forever?"

"No!" He answers desperately. "You can't!"

"She will!" I speak up. "Unless you convince Kuvira to back off. You two will still have the Earth Empire. Just leave the United Republic alone."

I don't like the idea of Kuvira taking the other Earth Kingdom villages and cities, but this is our only option right now. I hate that she was able to take Zaofu. It makes my blood boil. Baatar Jr. is awful for betraying his family. He doesn't deserve them.

He thinks for a moment, and he sadly agrees to our terms. Am I a sick person for getting satisfaction at the sight of him looking so defeated? I mean, I was stuck with this guy for three years, and all he did was moan and groan about everything and abuse his power. Like, I'm sorry you grew up with a perfect life in a perfect city that was built and ran by your perfect parents who only loved and cared for you and your perfect brothers and sister.

Ok, maybe I'm overdoing it with 'perfect.' I know you can still face problems of your own even if you did grow up with a pretty nice upbringing where everything was handed to you and you were presented with opportunities anyone would be lucky to have. I mean, look at me, I'm sure people would assume my life is perfect. I was fortunate enough to grow up with the current Avatar and the past Avatar's family and friends, and I've traveled the world- not just the physical one, but the spirit one, too! I can admit I'm fortunate, and I'm thankful for all of my experiences because of so, even the bad ones. But that doesn't mean I didn't have struggles. I grew up in a compound where I was shielded from the world, I've died I don't know how many times! And for the longest time, I didn't know who I was outside of being the Avatar's sister, my first boyfriend was emotionally and mentally unavailable, my bending was taken away, and I was isolated, ostracized for years and not once being able to confront the different feelings and emotions I was experiencing which lead me to my disconnect from Raina and my sister.

I guess the real reason I'm mad at Baatar Jr. is not for having real human emotions that are valid, despite having these amazing opportunities handed to him because he was fortunate enough to have awesome parents, but for letting himself be used and manipulated by a woman who clearly has the wrong intentions. I'm mad at Baatar Jr. because he's not a nice man and he's turned against the wrong people. He's a traitor to the kingdom! I've had my ups and downs with my sister, and my dad, but I'd never betray them like this. Well... my uncle is a different story. Unalaq was an actual psycho, and there was no way I was going to help him kill my sister and put the world through 10,000 years of darkness, but you get what I'm saying. I've seen Baatar Jr. bully others for Kuvira, I've seen him abuse his power for Kuvira, and honestly, he can be a diva sometimes.

As I reminisce about the past three years, and thinking about the choices Baatar Jr. made, I've come to the realization that maybe I'm not as mad at him as I claimed before. Honestly, I think I'm just sad for him. Not sad like I want to make it better and give him a hug, but just sad that he has lost everything for this dictator who doesn't truly love him, and probably never has. Wing and Wei, Opal, and Huan are truly the ones who deserve pity, because their brother betrayed them and the entire Earth Kingdom. So yeah, I feel sorry for Baatar Jr, but not enough to let him know, or even support him. He is still a monster.

"Kuvira? It's Baatar," he says into the receiver. "I've been captured. My airship was ambushed and I was taken by force. Korra refuses to release me unless we back down and leave the city."

"Are you injured?" Kuvira asks.

"I'm fine," he answers.

"Is the Avatar there with you now?" She asks.

"Yes, everyone is here. Listen to me. If you try to take Republic City, the Avatar will never let me see you again ... and I refuse to live that way. Forget the United Republic; we have our empire! We have each other! Let's go back home and get married. The only thing that matters is that we're together for the rest of our lives."

If you can't tell, I'm rolling my eyes hardcore right now.

"You're right. This city isn't worth sacrificing our life together. I love you, Baatar."

Do I believe this? She wouldn't give up that easily, would she? Kuvira has never been the type to back down from a challenge. Maybe she does love him?

"As soon as we work out terms with Kuvira, we'll let you out of here," my sister tells Baatar Jr.

I walk over to Mako who stands next to the warehouse window. Hm, it's strange. I'm feeling a lot of spiritual energy in this area. It feels almost overwhelming. Even with Raina and I disconnected, the feeling is still so heavy. Just like when Kuvira first fired that spirit weapon... I rush to look outside, and my eyes almost pop out of the socket as I spot the colossal mecha in the distance, and it's being directed directly towards us!

"Mako, look!" I exclaim as I frantically nudge him on his shoulder to get his attention.

Mako turns his head to look out the window. His face mimics mine as his eyes widen as he realizes what's about to happen.

"Guys!" He shouts. "She must have our location! She's pointing that weapon right at us!"

"No! She wouldn't!" Baatar yells back annoyingly.

"Hmm, maybe you're right. Maybe she's pointing to the other factory next to us with the other Avatar inside!" I yell sarcastically.

"Everyone out! Now! Now!" My sister commands.

I'm out of here!

...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.2K 1.6K 25
。・:*:・✰ 𝗮 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝗶𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘂𝗻𝗿𝗮𝘃𝗲𝗹 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗲𝗰𝗿𝗲𝘁𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗳𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗹𝘆 . 𝗸𝗼𝗿𝗿𝗮𝘀𝗮𝗺𝗶 𝘅 𝗳𝗲𝗺! 𝗿𝗲𝗮...
378K 11.5K 63
A READER X IROH II FAN FIC I wrote this for myself but you can read it, too, if you'd like. Y/N is a water bender living in a Fire Nation village ge...
26.4K 757 19
Dear Lin, I do hope that this letter finds you well. Audrey has just turned 18 and - well I was hoping she'd at least get to meet you- I guess one ca...
170K 8.4K 83
❝𝑲𝒉𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒆, 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒂 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒊𝒄𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒅𝒆𝒂𝒅 𝒄𝒐𝒍𝒅 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔, 𝒔𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒎𝒆 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒎.❞ ✧ in which a girl's l...