Who I am {Phil Lester}

By mynameisanttt

Sometimes you question who you really are. Part of you seems to know yourself, the other is just a mystery. ... More

chapter 1.
chapter 2.
chapter 3.
chapter 4.
chapter 5.
chapter 6.
chapter 7.
chapter 8.
chapter 9.
chapter 10.
chapter 11.
chapter 12.
chapter 13.
chapter 15.
chapter 16.
chapter 17.
chapter 18.
chapter 19.
chapter 20.
chapter 21.
chapter 22.
chapter 23.
chapter 24.
IMPORTANT A/N
chapter 25.
chapter 26.
*GIVING THIS STORY AWAY*
A/N
chapter 27.
chapter 28.
chapter 29.
chapter 30.
epilogue
thank you all

chapter 14.

790 33 8
By mynameisanttt

INDIE'S POV;

Kim sat opposite me in the uncomfortable wooden chair, the cushioned seat slowly deteriorating. Her eyes were smeared with black mascara and blueish purple bags lay sagging underneath the subtle red glow in the whites of them. Her hair hung in little clusters down the sides of her tanned face. Her shoulders were slumped over, leaving her back a crooked mess.

"Indie. You don't know how sorry I am, that I wasn't here for what happened to Kyle," she stuttered, her eyes sorrowful and guilty.

I turned my gaze towards Kyle's worn out bear which was clasped in my hands, my fingers twirling the fuzzy fur around them.

"Yes, you should be," I replied bluntly.

"Look, if there is anything I can do to help..." she began, leaning forwards in the creaky seat.

"Stop drinking. That's the whole reason you weren't able to answer my calls. Because you were getting pissed," I snapped, my voice stern and cold.

"You know it's not that easy," she sighed, her head in her hands.

"If it's worth it, it won't come easy, but at least I won't have to look after two ill healthed people in my life. Always constantly asking for my fucking help and giving nothing in return," I instantly regretted the harsh words which had just slipped of my tongue.

I quickly glanced up to Kim, guilt overrunning me as she dropped her head and began to shove her weight off the seat.

"Kim I..I'm sorry I didn't mean it like that," I pleaded, quickly pushing myself off the chair as it skidded backwards slightly.

"Just leave me the fuck alone. I came here to apologise, which I did, and I just got shit," she stormed off down the open corridor.

"Kim, don't do this," I called after her.

"I can't lose you too," I quietly mumbled to myself as she crashed her foot against a stray wheelchair floating about the corridor then carried on storming away from the waiting room.

In frustration, I slammed myself down against the chair and threw my head into my hands, guilt and fury catching like a wildfire.

"Are you alright?" A calm soft voice piped up next to me.

I turned my head to see PJ awkwardly perching down on the edge of the wooden seat, a sympathetic look gleaming inside his pale green eyes.

"Yeah, just confused, I suppose," I half heartedly smiled back at him.

"Where did Kim go? If I'm correct, that would be her name," he asked looking past me and scanning the corridor.

"I don't know, Peej," I sighed, anxiously following his gaze across the quiet empty space.

"I'm so sorry. About what happened. Honestly, if you need anything, just ask me," he said, a sympathetic smile broadening on his face.

"Thank you, it means a lot," I said, half heartedly returning the smile.

A thick silence filled the air as all that could be heard was the distant tapping of a keyboard and mouse clicks.

"Come here," he said, opening his arms wide.

I obeyed his request and sunk into his warm embrace. The smell of soft deodorant and aftershave covered the jumper he was dressed in.

"You're a good friend to Phil, you know that?" he softly breathed into my neck, which sent tiny shivers running around it.

"So are you, though," I replied as I gradually pulled away from his grasp, confusion over powering my expression.

"Why the random comment, though?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Not that kind of friend, if you know what I mean," he smirked slightly, then fell about in laughter at my still confused but worried expression.

"I just see the way you two are around each other, and I can tell how much you both mean to one another," he shuffled about his seat before turning to face me.

"Explain," I said, wanting to forget everything that had happened for a few moments.

"Well, it's obvious that you like Phil, and Phil likes you, Indie," he chuckled and poked the side of my upper arm playfully.

"Shut up, PJ," I said, swatting his hand away.

"So you do like him," he excitedly chimed, his eyes growing wide whilst a hint of electric glistened in them.

"I never said that," I quickly spluttered, feeling my face grow red.

"Awww, you like Phil," he joked, continuing to poke my arm.

"Shut up," I huffed, swatting his hand away. Again.

"I'll tell you a secret if you'd like me to. A sort of thing so we have blackmail against each other for future events."

I looked horrified at his playful excited face, still slightly confused.

"It's only fair that way," he shrugged leaning closer towards me.

"Go on then," I replied curiously, leaning the side of my head towards his face.

"Don't tell anyone but," he began, as quietly as a feather, "I know you like Phil."

I quickly slapped his leg with the palm of my hand in frustration and embarrassment.

"That's not fair!" I jokingly hissed, turning my back on him and forcefully crossing my arms.

"Okay, okay. I'll tell you a real secret," he laughed drawing my curiosity back to his attention.

"But you have to guess it," he smirked, pointing a finger to the air in triumph.

"No! That's not fair, it could be anything!"

I refused to cooperate.

"Okay, fine, I'll give you a clue," he began in a hushed tone. "I like someone," he grinned in a embarrassed fashion.

"Is it Chris?" I asked, grinning back.

"Umm, let me think... no," he chuckled.

"Okay, wild guess but.. Kim?" I asked and raised an eyebrow.

"Maybe, but I don't know. I've not really met her much though, so I don't know," he awkwardly furrowed his head down in more embarrassment.

"Good luck," I laughed humourlessly. "She's a nightmare."

***

"What's so funny?" Phil chimed in, grasping hold of 3 steaming Costa cups.

He carefully leant down and passed two of them to me and PJ, spilling a drop of the steamy boiling liquid on the floor as it was pushed over the edge of the cup and tumbled down the polystyrene sides.

"Oh god, sorry, that nearly caught you," his concerned eyes drifting over my hands which had wrapped themselves around his fingers, clasping tightly onto the cup.

I awkwardly readjusted them to suit Phils as he gradually lost grip of the cup while it was passed to me.

"It's fine, honestly," I smiled as he slumped down next to me.

PJ's loud fake cough sprung to life from my other side. I glared at him with narrowed eyes as he smirked back at me.

"You alright, Peej?" Phil asked, leaning forward to focus on him.

His innocence was too cute.

"What? Oh, yeah, I'm fine," PJ grinned madly.

We sat in awkward silence, sipping at the soothing warm tea whilst nurses and doctor bustled in and out of the waiting room, the occasional patient hovering around the reception.

"Thanks for the drink, Phil, I better get going otherwise Chris will start to get worried," he smiled pulling his crinkly coat over his jumper.

"I really hope your brother's alright, Indie, nice seeing you again," he smiled, pulling me into a hug as we simultaneously stood up.

"Thank you, me too," I smiled as he squeezed me tightly.

"Just tell him," he silently whispered in my ear as he pulled away and winked with the same glint in his eye.

"Bye PJ! Say hi to Chris for me,"Phil grinned.

"Will do, bye all!" he called as he waved back at us and bumped into Kyle's doctor.

"I'm really sorry," he stuttered before smiling awkwardly at us and proceeding down the corridor.

"Family of Kyle Taylors?" Dr. Smith's warm voice called out from the open doorway.

"Yes? Is everything alright?" I asked, worry filling my body as I began to imagine all the worst scenarios possible.

"Your brother has woken," she grinned, gesturing me to follow.

"Okay, that's good," I stammered, lost for words.

My hand rummaged its way towards Phil's before interlocking our fingers together tightly, pulling him along with me as I followed Dr Smith the opposite way PJ was heading.

I began to shake with nerves. My body trembled like I hadn't walked in days and my head felt as light as a feather. I thought I would float away without Phil's soft grip.

We stayed silent the whole journey. Everything moved in slow blurry motion as I balanced myself whilst briskly walking behind the doctor.

Before I knew it, I was standing back outside the doors to the ward, the glass porthole windows still on either side of the doors.

"Just through here," Dr smith smiled as we entered the plain room.

Kyle was now sat up in the same plain bed, nurses fussing over him as he stared ahead into the midst of the windows opposite him.

"Kyle," I whispered as I lost Phil's grip and my body was pulled over to where Kyle was slumped over.

Tears ran down my cheeks as I approached his bed, my shaky breath had slowed significantly and was now breathing steadily.

"Hi," I smiled as I crouched down by the side of the low bed, my face drenched with salty water.

His sorrowful red raw green whirlpool eyes gradually found mine as they suddenly turned as harsh and cold as steel when his gaze was averted behind me.

"Why is he here?" he growled, his voice broken and weak but still deadly and dripping with poison.

"Because he's helped me through this," I replied sternly.

"Sorry I'll go if you.."

I quickly cut Phil's worried voice off.

"No, it's fine."

The nurses gave me a sympathetic smile as they hurried back out of the ward. I forcefully returned it, quickly glancing back to Kyle's upset furious face.

His face softened as his eyes crossed over my tear stained cheeks.

"I'm sorry, Indie," he finally whispered, turning his head away in shame.

I gently perched on the bed where he sat, the sheets ruffling up as I did so.

"Don't be sorry, Kyle," I smiled sympathetically as I cupped his cheek and softly turned his head back to my gaze.

"It's not your fault," I whispered as I leaned forward and gently kissed the top of his head feeling the tears begin to stream down my dry skin, heavier than ever.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 60.2K 23
Dan Howell has telekinesis - a power just like out of a comic book. Yet instead of protecting the universe as a brave superhero, he hides. He hides h...
1K 37 11
It's difficult to be in love with your best friend. Dan Howell knows this. He's been in love with his best friend and flatmate Phil Lester ever since...
3.3K 194 10
Dan Howell suffers from schizophrenia. The voices in his head tell him to do horrible things to himself and others, but the only thing grounding him...
559 78 19
{Complete} Dan Howell knows he has feelings for his Best Friend Phil Lester, and he has known for a while. But Dan can't ever find the way to tell hi...