My Sister's Keeper (An LOK st...

By Califoryoux

WARNING- LONG CHAPTERS, BUT WORTH THE READ ↓↓↓ She was the younger sister, but she was taught to look after h... More

Book 1; Introduction
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
Book 2; 1
2; 1.2
2;2
2;3.1
2;3.2
2;4
2;5
2;6
2;7
2;8
2;9
2;10
2;11
2;12
2;13
2;14
2;15
Avatar Studios
Book 3;1
3;2
3;3
3;4
3;5
3;6
3;7
3;8
3;9
3;10
3;11
3;12
3;13
3;14
3;15
3;16
3;17
3;18
3;19
4;2
4;3
4;4
4;5
4;6
4;7
4;8
4;9
4;10
4;11;1
4;11;2
4;12
4;13
4;14
4;15
4;16
4;17
4;18
4;19
4;20
4;21
4;22
Epilogue; 1
Epilogue; 2
Epilogue; Last Part
Alternate Ending
Special Chapter
Sequal
Jade
Coco (preview)
Coco (preview)
Coco (preview)
Elegance (preview)
Elegance (preview)
Elegance (preview)
Book 2

Book 4;1

1.4K 42 26
By Califoryoux

So you've made it to Book 4, congratulations! And before you ask, like I've explained before, Book 3 gave us mystery, but book 4 is giving us answers. Be patient, because I promise it's going to be great. It's bitter sweet that this book is coming to an end, but I do have an alternate ending and bonus chapters planned, so stay tuned. There's so much more to come!

Thank you for all of your love and support, and happy reading!

Ps, Kitty's waterbending is going to be top-notch this book, so be prepared!

.

.

.

.

.

.

3 years Later....

Welcome to Republic City, the place of hopes, dreams, and Spirit Wilds! This metropolis truly has something for everyone. Visit Air Temple Island, the hub for all airbenders as they travel the world, helping others. Or take a stroll through beautiful Avatar Korra Park, named in honor of "You-Know-Who"! We've missed her these past three years and we can't wait to welcome her home. Get well soon, Korra! Or you can stop by the cultural center, and while you're there, don't forget to stop by the statue of the world's first waterbending airbender- allegedly, we're still not clear on that one, folks, Master Kitty! And of course, you'll want to see our most unique attractions: the Spirit Wilds! Here, spirits and people live harmoniously together. Like this old codger, and his new pals. Yes sir, this town is truly on the up and up! Come be a part of the action in Republic City!

...

Kitty

I cannot believe it's been three years since Zaheer was brought down. So much has changed during these past few years. For starters, I'm not a kid anymore, and since the battle between Korra and the Red Lotus, Team Avatar has been on a hiatus. I guess you can say we've all gone in different directions. (A/n and yes, that was a One Direction joke) Asami and I keep in touch. She's always been like a sister to me. She's still busy with her company, and she's even working with Raiko on some huge project that'll really be great for the city. When I first met Asami, I never thought she'd we'd grow to he best friends, but I always knew she'd do great things. Sure our meeting was unconventional... But ever since meeting her, she's never lost that spark, her passion.

Mako and I don't interact much anymore. I mean, there is an occasional letter between the two of us now and then... but I feel like the relationship we had will never be the same. We're just acquaintances now. I think we're just... too different. And if I'm being honest, our friendship completely drained me. I mean, he didn't even visit me in the hospital all those years ago when Zaheer poisoned me. I guess we weren't as close as I thought we were. To think, I actually considered him my best friend once upon a time, maybe even more... How silly of me.

As for Bolin and I, well... We're still the best of friends, duh! Soul besties, if you will. We hang out everyday, and I really can't image my life without him! I can't believe the guy who saved Korra and I from being kicked out of the arena the night of my 16th birthday has grown to be my everything, he's my brother. Something I've learned; there are just some people you can count on to be there for you, like Bolin, and some you just can't. An important lesson I've learned over the years, especially since Korra has completely cut me out of her life.

...

So the cat's out of the bag- pun unintended.

I haven't seen my sister in almost three years. Let me explain. Weeks after the battle with the Red Lotus, I left the South Pole. I tried to keep in touch with her and rebuild our relationship, but I guess she had other plans. Even when she writes our parents, she never asks about me, or even tries to get in touch with me. It's like she wants me out of her life for good. Eventually I got tired of trying to reach out to Korra and hearing nothing in return, so I just stopped. I know when I'm not wanted- h3ll, Mako showed me better than anyone. I just have no idea what I did to her for her to hate me so much. The letters I sent her were returned back to me, so... I miss her, a lot, but what can I do? She wants nothing to do with me. It just sucks. Our relationship was different than your average siblings. We went from being together everyday, training, and sharing a room, to not seeing each other at all. I can't even tell you how this happened.

I don't have much of a spiritual connection anymore. Maybe I can spiritual project a little, but that doesn't last very long. I can't hear the universe anymore, the only dreams I have is of the Earth Queen getting killed, and the moment I died- or might've died, when Zaheer tossed my dad off the mountainside. No one, not even myself, know how I'm still alive today, and at this point, I don't care. I'm tired of searching for answers that I'm clearly not going to get. I'm not wasting my time anymore. I haven't been to the Spirit World in who knows how long, and I can't feel Raava anymore. If Korra were ever in trouble, I wouldn't be able to tell. I loved who I was becoming when I discovered my abilities. I love how fascinating the Spirit World and the universe are. It's a shame I can't channel that part of myself anymore. As far as my bending goes, I'm still a master waterbender, and since I have no one to teach me airbending, I'm at a standstill. I'm neither really good or really bad.

"We just got some good news," Bolin starts as we both enter the room.

"Two more Earth Kingdom states have agreed to join us," I finish.

"Excellent! Thank you, Bolin and Kitty."

I hand Baatar Jr. the folder and he turns to Kuvira who is looking at the giant map that hangs on the train wall.

"We're ninety percent there, Kuvira."

"That's great!" Varrick exclaims happily. "Zhu Li, dish out some of that special celebration tea!"

Zhu Li salutes Varrick and goes off to fetch our tea. I watch Kuvira closely as she metalbends two cutouts of states onto the map to which she faces. Zhu Li comes back, and we all take a beverage- except for Kuvira.

"None for me," she says. "I won't celebrate until the Earth Kingdom is one hundred percent reunited."

Did I mention I work for Kuvira now?

...

Ok, so maybe I don't officially work for Kuvira. It's complicated, really. I don't like being here, and the only reason I haven't bashed my head in on a wall, or thrown myself off this train, is because of my friends; Bolin and Jade.

Jade is a lot like Kuvira. She's a strong metalbender, she's passionate, dedicated, and though we didn't start off on the best foot, she's grown to be a great friend of mine, and I really appreciate our friendship. She's tall and muscular with olive skin and the prettiest eyes that resembles, you guessed it, jade! Her and Bolin, though they get along great, are like Yin and Yang. Bolin is upbeat and the life of the party. Jade is more relaxed and more so an observer. 'Jade fun' and 'Bolin fun' are two very different things. Both are great... But different. It's a balance that I appreciate.

Moments ago we made it to another Earth Kingdom village. Since the death of the Earth Queen, the entire Earth Kingdom is still in chaos. There's so much stealing and violence, and a lot of the villages, especially the smaller ones, have fallen victim to the madness, and they're riddled with crime, poverty, and sickness. I've been to many of these towns, and it's so sad. It's like they've regressed back to the time before Kyoshi when the Daofei were taking over. A lot of these leaders don't want to pledge their loyalty to Kuvira, but she manages to 'convince' them otherwise.

"Bolin! Kitty!" I hear a voice call us.

I look over and spot Kai. Opal trails closely behind him. Look at them! They've matured so much, especially Kai, you can tell. They walk so confidently, and they're so adorable in their airbending outfits!

"Kai!" Bolin shouts happily. He runs over to him, taking him in his arms.

"What's up with your new hair? You look like a stiff," Kai asks.

"Hey, Kuvira says it makes me look intelligent and professional."

"I let Bolin borrow my hair gel," I laugh. "Hi, Kai."

"Kitty!" he says happily, and we embrace each other.

I remember when he was shorter than me, now look at him! It's going to be a lot harder to punch him. I still have yet to pay him back for ditching us all those years ago back in Ba Sing Se and taking our wallets.

Opal walks over and ruffles Bolin's hair back to its original state. "Don't believe everything," she says with a smile.

"Opal, I've missed you!" I tell her, and we both squeeze each other in a tight hug.

I'm so glad she isn't still mad at me for going with Kuvira and Baatar Jr. I was afraid she would hate me.

"Opal, I can't believe you're here, too!" Bolin gushes and gives her a hug also. "I missed you so much."

"I missed you, too!"

"Kai, this is Jade," Bolin introduces. "Jade, meet Kai, one of our bestest friends! And you know Opal."

"Hi!" Kai says to Jade nicely. "So nice to meet you!"

"Jade, I've missed you!" Opal says kindly.

"It's a pleasure," Jade responds kindly with a respectful bow.

Jade has always been respectful to other cultures, especially to the airbenders. She thinks they deserve the utmost respect since they were close to my being wiped out, which she's right.

"Look who it is. It's good to see you again, little sister," Baatar jr. says while him and Kuvira walk over to our group.

I can't stand Baatar Jr. He ruins everything. He constantly disrespects his family, and he's nothing more than Kuvira's chihuahua that follows her around everywhere. He's also a two faced loser with greesy hair.

"What a wonderful surprise. A happy reunion for my favorite couple," Kuvira says.

"How's mom doing?" Baatar asks Opal.

Like he cares.

"Like you care. She still hasn't forgiven you."

"You know, for someone who claims to be so enlightened, mom can really hold a grudge."

"I guess when her son betrays her," Opal sasses.

"Please, Opal, we're not here to bicker with you about something that happened three years ago. We're here to help this town, just like you," Kuvira explains.

"I've heard how you help towns. By conquering them."

She's right.

"I know the rumors about me can be pretty nasty, but I am giving everyone in this nation a better future. And with Bolin, Kitty, and Jade's help, and my fiancé's ideas, we're laying the ground work for the people to achieve their own greatness."

"Your fiancé?" Opal asks confused.

"You haven't heard? Your brother and I are getting married."

Ew.

"I know things got heated with your family when Baatar and I left Zaofu, but don't you think it's time to forgive and forget?"

Opal was about to reply when the Governor stomps over angrily to interrupt. "What are you doing here?" He asks Kuvira.

"Hello, Governor. I was wondering if you and I could talk privately."

She and the Governor go off somewhere, I look at Jade and she looks at me. She nods and nonchalantly walks closer to me.

"I'll go, you stay here and catch up with your friends," she says lowly.

"Thanks," I tell her. And as she goes and follows Kuvira, I turn my attention back to my friends.

"So, um, how's Wing?" I ask Opal.

"He's great!" she answers.

"What's he been up to?... Has he.. Ya know... Had any girlfriends since..."

"Yes.. a few actually," she answers honestly.

"Oh," I say sadly.

Bolin places a comforting hand on my shoulder, and I look down embarrassingly. I shouldn't be so hung up on a guy who broke my heart almost three years ago.

"I'm sorry, Kitty," Opal says to me.

At one point, Wing and I made our relationship official. Besides a few arguments here and there, I thought it was going well until I took this job. It was a messy breakup if you couldn't tell, and very traumatic. The one thing we promised each other is that we'd never hurt each other like how Von hurt me, but I guess that was a promise we both couldn't keep.

...

"It's time to go. We're not wanted here," Kuvira says walking back over to our group.

"What happened?" Bolin asks.

"It appears we can't make a deal right now."

I look at Jade and frown, but she shakes her head and I return my attention back to my other friends. I'm glad the Governor didn't take Kuvira's offer, but sadly, it won't last. I'm just shocked he's lasting this long.

"Wait!" Kai says after Kuvira tries to walk away. "Aren't you guys going to stick around and help?"

Kuvira turns around and hands Kai the contract. "Here's the contract. We'll wait at the border for one day. You get the governor to sign it, and you'll have all the help you need," she tells him and goes back inside the train, followed by her lap dog- I mean Baatar Jr.

"I guess ... We have to go," Bolin says to us sadly.

"Don't! Please, you can't turn your back on these people!" Opal pleads.

I wish I could tell her. I wish Bolin, Jade, and I could say 'forget it', and leave with Kai and Opal, but it's not that simple. Kuvira would never let that happened, she'd kill us.

"I'm not! I wanna help, but if the Governor wants us gone, there's- there's nothing I can do. I'm sorry." He tries to hug her, but she angrily pushes him away. "Hey ... Opal, please."

"Leave, all of you! If that's what you're going to do."

She turns her back to us, and Bolin walks away sadly. Poor thing, I wish I could tell her everything.

"Opal," I say quietly. "I know it doesn't feel like it right now, but I promise this will be over with soon. You're just going to have to trust me."

She doesn't say anything, or even turn around. I sigh sadly. I hope she thinks about what I said.

"Come on, Kitty," Jade says gently.

I say goodbye to Kai, and with a heavy heart, I make my way back onto the train.

...

"I don't know how long I can do this, Jade!" I whisper to her in our quarters.

It's been such a long couple of years, and the Earth Kingdom is almost fully united, but I feel as though my work here is useless. I feel like I should just go back home and go from there, and also figure out what the heck is happening with my sister.

"I know it's hard, Kitty, but we have to!"

"Why?! It's been three years, Jade, and we barely have anything. I just- I want to go home, to Republic City. The plan didn't work!"

"Come on, Kitty. You know why we can't do that. And we're so close to being put in the inner circle. Please, Kitty. For me?"

"...Fine! But the clock is ticking... And if Kuvira finds out-"

"She won't! Just trust me, ok?"

...

"Come on, you two are needed for unloading," Baatar Jr. says to Jade and I.

We look at each other confusingly and immediately head to the window to see what's going on.

Oh no.

We're back at the village, and we watch as Kuvira's forces pass out food and supplies to the towns people. They all look so happy... It won't last. I knew the governor would give in. This is the worst part about being here. Watching these leaders being threatened to pledge their loyalty to Kuvira, and if the manipulation doesn't work, she strikes fear into their heart instead.

We make it outside and stand in the front of the crowd that's gathering before Kuvira.

"The State of Yi is now under the full protection of my army," she begins and the Crowd cheers, she then turns her attention to the governor. Poor guy, his emotions are written all over his face. He doesn't want to do this.

"Proclaim your loyalty, if you wish to keep your post," she commands the Governor .

"I pledge my loyalty to you, oh Great Uniter," he says through gritted teeth.

A banner drops from the gate, revealing the logo of Kuvira's army. I turn around, I can't look. I've seen this far too many times. It gets harder every time. Looking at her hang her flag... It reminds me of Amon. I spot Opal watching from the crowd, and she looks so disappointed. I watch as she spots Bolin who spots her. He's so excited, but she turns away in shame at his perceived betrayal, much to his disappointment. He continues handing out food and supplies, though halfheartedly.

I need for Bolin to understand what's going on here. I know he's a good guy, and all he wants to do is save these people. But if he could just get a clue and understand what's really going on here...

"Uh!" I gasp suddenly, and clutch my head.

"Kitty, what's wrong?" Jade asks me, as she rushes to my side.

"I- I don't know."

"Come on, you don't look so good. Let's get you back on the train and into bed."

Jade leads me away from crowd and we head towards the train. I have no idea what's going on. I just want to get inside and call it a day.

...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3K 353 11
_____________________________ ________________ Book 2; Only a few weeks pass from the events of Amon's revelation. Y/n choose to temporarily leave te...
440K 11.9K 35
𝐊𝐚𝐢𝐝𝐚 𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐈𝐜𝐞 | ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴏɴᴇ: ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀ ❝ I only came because I wanted to protect the people of my tribe and my family. ❞ ✎ 𝐀𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐫:...
173K 8.5K 83
❝𝑲𝒉𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒆, 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒂 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒊𝒄𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒅𝒆𝒂𝒅 𝒄𝒐𝒍𝒅 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔, 𝒔𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒎𝒆 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒎.❞ ✧ in which a girl's l...
41.6K 1.2K 25
______________________________ ______________________ Book 1; Y/n daughter of Commander Bumi and M/n a fragile noble from the fire nation who died wh...