𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐄𝐏...

By capricornkai

• A tale of love, pain and hope • Mikaela Lockwood is the younger sister of Tyler Lockwood, and a recently-tu... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 ~ The Prison World
Chapter 2 ~ The Siphoner
Chapter 3 ~ The Road Trip
Chapter 4 ~ The Nightmare
Chapter 5 ~ The Memory
Chapter 6 ~ The Spell
Chapter 7 ~ The Field
Chapter 8 ~ The Ascendant
Chapter 9 ~ The Silence
Chapter 10 ~ The Corridor
Chapter 11 ~ The Revelation
Chapter 12 ~ The Meal
Chapter 13 ~ The Control
Chapter 14 ~ The Beach
Chapter 16 ~ The Return
Chapter 17 ~ The Loss
Chapter 18 ~ The Lies
Chapter 19 ~ The Brunch
Chapter 20 ~ The Secrets
Chapter 21 ~ The Addiction
Chapter 22 ~ The Questions
Chapter 23 ~ The Sire-Bond
Chapter 24 ~ The Kill
Chapter 25 ~ The Betrayal
Chapter 26 ~ The Hybrid
Chapter 27 ~ The Winter Party
Chapter 28 ~ The Warning
Chapter 29 ~ The Invitation
Chapter 30 ~ The Plan
Chapter 31 ~ The Ripper
Author's Note
Chapter 32 ~ The Night Before Christmas
Chapter 33 ~ The Ring
Chapter 34 ~ The Masquerade Ball
Chapter 35 ~ The Deal
Chapter 36 ~ The Punishment
Chapter 37 ~ The Merge
Chapter 38 ~ The Breakdown
Chapter 39 ~ The Cabin
Chapter 40 ~ The Fire
Chapter 41 ~ The Werewolf
Chapter 42 ~ The Rug
Chapter 43 ~ The Sickness
Chapter 44 ~ The Newbie
Playlists
Chapter 45 ~ The Rulebreaker
Chapter 46 ~ The Aftermath
Chapter 47 ~ The Abandonment
Chapter 48 ~ The Threat
Chapter 49 ~ The Jealousy
Chapter 50 ~ The Revolution
Chapter 51 ~ The Phone Call
Chapter 52 ~ The Rope
Chapter 53 ~ The Most Likely To
Chapter 54 ~ The Surprise
Chapter 55 ~ The Vengeance
Chapter 56 ~ The Apology
Chapter 57 ~ The Distraction
Chapter 58 ~ The Villain
Chapter 59 ~ The Reconciliation
Chapter 60 ~ The Warehouse
Chapter 61 ~ The Originals
Chapter 62 ~ The Sidekick
Chapter 63 ~ The Struggle
Chapter 64 ~ The Reunion
Bonus Scene Unlocked
Chapter 65 ~ The Rave
Original Characters
Chapter 66 ~ The Hunters
Chapter 67 ~ The Temptation
Chapter 68 ~ The Switch (Part One)
Chapter 68 ~ The Switch (Part Two)
Chapter 69 ~ The Trail
Chapter 70 ~ The Simple Intimacy Of The Near Touch
Chapter 71 ~ The Illusion
Chapter 72 ~ The Perfect-Mommy Memory
Chapter 73 ~ The Choice
Chapter 74 ~ The Snowfall
Chapter 75 ~ The Fury
Chapter 76 ~ The Outcast
Chapter 77 ~ The Salvation
Chapter 78 ~ The Awakening
Chapter 79 ~ The Child
Chapter 80 ~ The Wedding
Epilogue
Thank You!
Preview of TBS Sequel

Chapter 15 ~ The First Time

12.8K 277 1.4K
By capricornkai

TW: 18+ only! Graphic and descriptive details of sexual scenes ahead. If this makes you uncomfortable, please skip until you see ******** signs!

I coughed, almost choking on my own saliva.

"W-what?" I sputtered.

Kai grabbed something from his bag then held it up to show me. "A rematch," he explained, wide grin on his face.

I let out a breath I didn't realise I'd been holding as I noticed the pack of cards in his hand. "Oh. Right," I said.

"Unless you don't want to?" he questioned, raising a brow.

I shook my head rapidly. "No, no. I want to." Truthfully, a little competition would help to distract me from the growing ache between my thighs as Kai stood there watching me with that dreamy stare.

Sitting down on the sofa, he patted the spot next to him. "Come on," he said excitedly.

Chuckling, I did as he asked, collapsing onto the sofa and throwing my legs over his lap. "Get ready to have your ass beat again," I teased.

"No way, you're not winning this time," he snapped jokingly.

I shot him a look, smirking. We both knew that was a lie.

Kai dealt the cards and the game began.

"Got any fives?" he asked.

I shook my head. "Go Fish!"

Sighing, he picked up a card from the pile, adding it to his collection.

"Got any Queens?" I asked.

"Only the one next to me," he replied, throwing me a wink.

I blushed, picking up a card.

An hour later we'd played 5 rounds and yet again I beat him 3 out of 5. He was furious and I took it as the perfect opportunity to annoy him a little more, purely for my own entertainment.

"It's nice to know I've finally found something you're terrible at," I giggled.

Kai rolled his eyes, collecting the cards together to put back away in the pack. "Har har," was all he said.

I lifted my hands to cover my guffaws. "Oh come on, Kai, stop being such a sore-loser! You can't be perfect at everything!"

He tossed the pack of cards onto the coffee table. "Shut up, Mikaela," he sighed, leaning back into the cushions, folding his arms across his chest in a huff.

Scoffing, I tilted my head at him, lifting my jaw up stubbornly. "Make me."

Kai turned his head in my direction, looking me up and down. I noticed his Adam's apple bob as he gulped.

Suddenly, he moved towards me, hovering above my body. Placing his hands on either side of me, he chuckled darkly. "You don't want to find out what will happen when I do," he whispered in my ear.

My breath hitched in my throat. "What makes you so sure?"

"Because you think this is wrong," he breathed, pressing kisses along my throat.

I held back moans. "What is?"

"Us."

"What if I didn't?" I said softly. I was treading dangerous ground right now, but I couldn't stop myself.

Kai chuckled against my neck. "Well, then I'd get you all to myself..."

This was it. No going back now.

"Then have me."

He froze and pulled back to look at me. We stared at each other for only a few seconds before he wasn't able to hold back anymore, crashing his lips on to mine.

There was nothing gentle about his kisses now. It was desperate, just like the first time. We operated completely on animal instinct.

My nails dug into his back through his shirt. His hands wandered all over my body, trailing his fingers along my thighs. His tongue danced passionately with mine in complete synchronisation. I would never get over the way his lips felt.

Suddenly, Kai jumped off the sofa, taking me with him. As we stumbled towards the bedroom area, our kisses became messy, both of us desperately trying to tear off the other's clothes.

Kai pulled back briefly to lift up the pretty dress over my head, pulling it off my body. As I stood there in just my black lace underwear, he pushed me gently back onto the bed, hand gliding up my chest.

Getting to his knees on the mattress, he followed me, leaning over me as his lips found mine again. My hands found themselves tangled in his hair as soon as our bodies came into contact. God, his skin felt like electricity against mine.

"Before we do this," he said in between kisses, "you know I'm never going to be able to fall in love with you, right?"

I nodded. "Yeah, me neither," I gasped out.

Kai pulled back to stare down at me, smirk playing on his lips. "I'm a sociopath who's incapable of real feelings, what's your excuse?"

I shrugged. "I'm in love with the man who turned me into a Hybrid?" I offered.

Kai blinked then let out a bark of laughter. "Fair enough," was all he said before his mouth found mine again.

He eventually pulled away to look down at me in wonder, running a finger over my bottom lip and down to my chest. He continued to trail it over my stomach before grabbing hold of my hips as he pressed burning kisses to my neck.

"Are you sure you're ready for this?" he whispered in my ear, nibbling softly on the lobe.

"More than anything," I replied honestly.

Kai pulled back to kiss slowly down my body, unclasping my bra as he did so. Now almost fully naked underneath him, he blew warm breath over the skin of my chest, causing me to tremble with pleasure.

His lips continued their journey down my torso, stopping at my hips. Agonisingly slow, he began to pull down my underwear with his teeth, gently grazing the skin as he moved.

Once my last item of clothing was off, Kai pressed kisses along my inner thighs, distracting me from the sudden self-consciousness I was experiencing. I wasn't usually this shy with sexual partners but Kai was a different story. I wanted to be perfect for him.

My hands knotted in his hair as I sighed softly. He wasn't wrong. He did have many other talents, especially with his damn mouth. The thought of what else he could do almost caused a moan to escape my lips.

Kai spread my legs open further from where he lay between my thighs. He looked up at me for approval.

I nodded, gulping, unable to get any words out.

Kai leaned down slowly before swiping a long stroke of his tongue over my clit. I moaned in bliss, throwing my head back.

Suddenly, he reached out to grab the back of my head and forced me to look at him. "Look at me," he commanded. "I want to see those pretty eyes roll back."

Unbelievably turned on, I sank my teeth into my lower lip, whimpering as he began to flick his tongue, gradually picking up the pace. I had no choice but to watch as he slid in two fingers, using a come hither motion at the same time as working his mouth over me.

"Oh my God, Kai," I gasped out.

I jolted from the vibrations as he hummed in delight. "Does that feel good, baby?" he whispered, blue eyes looking up at me, watching my every reaction intently.

"Mhm," I whimpered. I moaned as he hit the exact right spot again.

Kai began to pick up the pace. My moans grew in volume, now panting. "I think I'm going to-"

Much to my frustration, he pulled away as soon as the words left my mouth. "Ooh, not yet," he warned with a grin. "You didn't really think you'd get to come that quickly, did you?"

"But I'm so close!" I whined. I sounded like a brat but I didn't care. He was teasing me and it was completely unfair.

"Oh, you are, are you?" he said, leaning close to my lips. "I want to hear you beg for it," he whispered.

"Please, Kai," I breathed.

He moved his ear near my mouth as if to listen better. "'Please, Kai,' what?"

I groaned. "Please, Kai, make me come!"

Kai chuckled darkly. "Since you asked so nicely." Without giving me a chance to prepare, he went back to what he was doing, multitasking like a professional.

The heavenly feeling began to build in the pit of my stomach as my moans reached an all-time high. That was one good thing about being the only people in this world - I could be as loud as I wanted without a care.

"Keep your eyes on me whilst you come. Don't you dare look away," Kai instructed, bringing me closer and closer every second.

Finally, I came undone over his fingers and mouth, wanting nothing more than to throw my head back as Kai lapped it all up with his tongue. His hands kept me in place, my eyes rolling into their sockets as my back arched off the mattress.

Kai leaned in towards my face, grabbing my jaw with one hand. He forced my mouth open, licking a long stroke along my tongue with his own as I tasted myself.

Unable to wait any longer, I tugged on the zipper of his pants, desperately trying to pull them down. Matching my neediness, Kai helped me to take them off, leaning back on his knees.

I began to palm him through his boxers. He watched my hands intently, teeth sinking into his lower lip, soft groans escaping his throat.

Giving him a taste of his own medicine, I pulled his boxers down agonisingly slow, teasing him, smirking as I did so.

Once down, Kai pulled them all the way off. He moved back towards me, hovering above me with his hands on either side of my body.

He stroked the tip against me, letting it get wet whilst teasing me at the same time.

"Kai," I whined.

He smirked. "Sorry baby, am I teasing you?"

"Yes!" I cried out. "I want to feel you."

Kai moaned at my words. Not being able to hold back any longer, he angled himself ready.

"Are you sure?" he whispered, staring down at me with lust-filled eyes.

I smiled. "I've never been more sure of anything than you, Kai," I admitted.

He nodded, letting out a shaky breath, then slowly entered me. I threw my head back in bliss, letting out a moan as he filled me.

Kai chuckled, capturing my lips in a passionate kiss, muffling my moans as we moved our hips together.

"You're so beautiful," he said as he stared down at me, adoration shining in his blue eyes.

His thrusts started slow, gentle. I dug my nails into the bare skin of his back, pressing kisses to his collarbone and shoulder.

"You feel so good," he whispered into the crook of my neck.

Kai began to speed up. I fisted my hair, squeezing my eyes shut from overwhelming pleasure.

One of the best parts about being a Hybrid was how amazing sex felt. And sex as a Hybrid with Kai was indescribable. His skin was like velvet, his body against mine sent euphoric sensations down my spine. Everything was heightened. It was heavenly.

He moved my hands onto either side of the pillow, interlocking our fingers together, keeping up the unfaltering pace.

After a while, he switched positions, throwing my legs over his shoulders. Now deeper at this new angle, my eyes rolled back as I felt every inch of him, crying out.

Kai pinned my wrists above my head with his one hand as he reached down between our bodies to circle my clit with the other.

"Shit, Kai-" I gasped.

He grinned, chuckling lowly. "I can feel you clenching on me."

I nodded. "I'm close."

His eyebrows shot up with pleasant surprise. "You're going to come again? You greedy girl."

"You're so deep," I moaned.

Kai sped up, only moments from bringing me to the very edge. But just as my moans got louder and my eyes squeezed shut, he pulled out and kissed me.

"Oh my God, no, no, please!" I whimpered, desperately trying to reach out for him, but his hands kept mine in place.

He grinned. "What's the matter? Feeling a little empty now?" he teased.

"Yes!" I gasped.

"Want me back?" He trailed his hands all over my body, down my thighs. I clenched them together, wriggling on the bed, frustrated.

"Please!" I cried out.

"I love it when you beg. You're so needy," Kai laughed softly before going back in, immediately continuing with the fast pace.

He grabbed my hair, forcing me to look down at him sliding in and out of me. "Look at us, baby," he growled. "Watch me fucking you."

I couldn't wait any longer. "Kai, I'm going to-"

"Me too, baby," he groaned. He grabbed my throat, not squeezing tight, just enough to make sure I didn't look away. "You know the rules. Let me see you come undone."

My panting reached an all time high as my legs trembled over his shoulders. He leaned close to me, smirking as his breathing picked up.

"Mmm, there it is," he whispered as I climaxed.

My eyes rolled into the back of my head, toes curling as I let out a carnal moan of pleasure.

Not being able to hold back after my reaction, Kai reached his high too. He groaned as he collapsed on top of me, thrusts slowing and getting sloppy. He tried to catch his breath, pressing soft kisses to my collarbone. Finally, he rolled off me onto the mattress once he'd calmed down.

"Kai, that was... wow," I breathed, still shaking.

"Was that okay?" he asked, turning his head to look at me from where he led on the pillow.

"Okay?" I laughed incredulously. "That was more than okay! How did someone who's been stuck in a prison world for years just give me the best sex of my life?"

Kai shrugged, smiling. "I've had time to come up with some fantasies I wanted to try out if I ever got the chance."

My eyes widened as I wiped the beads of sweat that clung to my forehead with the back of my arm. "Damn." I'll be the guinea pig whenever you like.

He chuckled, turning onto his side. "I think it's time for bed, wouldn't you agree?"

"Absolutely," I replied, emphasising the word with a yawn.

We both curled up under the sheets, Kai wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling my back into his chest. He nestled his face into my hair.

"Good night, Mickie," he said softly.

"Night, Kai," I replied, unable to stop my lips from spreading into a smile.

We fell asleep like that, both of us completely content. I knew from this moment on, I would never get over Kai Parker.

********

The next morning, I woke up in an abnormally great mood. The fact that I was already up and showered by the time Kai's eyes fluttered open should've been an indication as to just how out of the ordinary the situation was.

"Did I wake up in a parallel universe where Mikaela Lockwood is awake before 1pm?" were the first words to leave his mouth.

"Watch it," I warned jokingly, drying my hair with a fluffy white towel. "This isn't going to become a regular thing so don't get too excited."

"I hope you haven't made breakfast yet," he said sternly, watching my every move through half-closed lids.

"As if," I chuckled.

"Good," he replied with a grin. "Because you know that's my job."

I perched on the edge of the bed with a contented sigh. "Wouldn't even dream of it."

Kai outstretched his arms expectantly. Understanding his meaning, I snuggled up next to him, laying my head on his chest as he encased me in his biceps.

He hummed softly. "Maybe we could stay like this forever."

"Don't tempt me," I said with a giggle.

Laying here with Kai felt so natural. As easy as breathing. Why go home to all the drama and upset about to unfold when we could just spend eternity in paradise - youthful and happy?

Because, the nagging voice chirped up, you need to go home to your loved ones. You need to finish this with Klaus once and for all.

Klaus. His name sent nausea spiralling to the pit of my stomach. I was trying not to think about him - or how, other than Kai, he was the only person I'd slept with since becoming a Hybrid. My 'Master' as Kai liked to put it.

I wonder how he would react if he found out. Would it make him unhappy? That was the last thing I wanted to do.

"So, I was thinking today we could have some light breakfast, relax in the hot tub, and then go sight-seeing around the city?" Kai said, his voice bringing me back to reality. "Maybe fetch some more grub whilst we're out?"

"I swear all you ever think about is food," I commented with a laugh.

"That's not true," he replied, mock-defensively. "I also think about killing my father on a daily basis."

"Nice, Kai," I snorted.

He laughed, pulling me closer into him as he rested his cheek against the top of my head. "Your hair smells like strawberries," he commented.

I chuckled. "Um, thanks, I guess? Personal hygiene is a wonderful thing."

"It is." Kai sighed. "Speaking of, I could do with having a shower myself."

I groaned. "No, please. Don't leave this bed." I held on to him tighter.

Kai patted my arm with a laugh. "Sorry, sweetheart. We have all the time in the world for cuddles." He let go and I sat up, reluctantly allowing him to go freshen up.

Whilst waiting, I put on my black one-piece swimsuit, then threw on a kimono to cover myself a little more. Once ready, I sat on the outdoor sofa, looking past the rail of our balcony at the ocean, breathing deeply as the scent of the salty, fresh air hit my senses.

Maybe we could stick around until the spring? I don't think I was quite ready to go home to snow and rain just yet.

And although Kai's answer of, "No, we've got too much to get home to," disappointed me, I also understood, because he was right. I was burying my head in the sand, avoiding conflict at any costs. I missed my family and friends more than they knew, but the drama that waited for me when I returned made me not want to return at all.

"Enjoying the view?" Kai's voice asked from behind me.

I smiled, looking over my shoulder at him. "It's beautiful. I just love it."

Kai chuckled. "I can assure you, my view right now is so much better." His tone was suggestive as he eyed my outfit choice.

I rolled my eyes playfully, getting up to meet him by the door to go back inside, Kai eager to get our breakfast started. He mixed a few ingredients he'd picked up from the store on the way to the hotel yesterday then poured some of the batter into a hot pan.

"Pancakes?" I questioned with a smile, leaning my elbows on the counter as I watched him.

Kai winked. "Like old times, huh?"

I giggled. "But no fangs this time," I warned teasingly.

He smirked. "No fangs. Got it."

A few minutes later, he pushed a stack of fluffy pancakes towards me as I sat at the breakfast bar. "Thank you," I said, licking my lips, excited to dig in.

As I began to eat, Kai sat on the stool next to me, joining me in wolfing down his breakfast. I felt his knee brush against mine and I raised a brow at him. He glanced at me from the corner of his eye, smile playing on his lips.

"So..." he started. "Should we talk about last night?"

Almost choking on my food, I burst into a coughing fit. When I finally got control of my breathing, I gulped. "What about last night?" I asked innocently, playing dumb. I didn't want this conversation over breakfast.

Kai tutted softly. "Don't pretend you have no idea what I'm talking about. You were there, I remember it vividly."

Blushing ferociously, I averted my gaze. "What's there to talk about?"

"Well, you know. Us. What happened. What we're going to do about it and when is it going to happen again..." he trailed off, running his tongue along his bottom lip.

"It's not going to happen again," I murmured.

"Oh?" he asked, eyebrows shooting up. "How so?"

I shrugged. "I told you I didn't want to ruin this. We've got a good thing going right now and it could get messy."

"So, last night? You regret it?" Kai wondered aloud, sounding almost a little hurt.

I shook my head. "No, of course not. I said I was sure of you Kai, and I am. But we've got too much to sort out first before we can start thinking about us."

"What's the harm in a little fun between friends?" he asked, swallowing down his food.

"You know what," I said, shooting him a meaningful look.

Kai's blue eyes widened in realisation. "Oh, yes," he laughed. "The famous diary entry where you declared your undying love for me."

I scoffed. "That's not exactly how it went down."

He grinned. "That's how I remember it," he teased around the batter in his mouth. Suddenly, he reached down and placed a hand on my thigh, slowly moving it inwards. "When I do this, you don't feel anything? It doesn't bring back memories of how it felt last night when my hands were all over you?"

Frozen in place, I managed to shake my head only slightly. "No," I breathed.

"Oh," Kai said, leaning closer to me. He nibbled on my earlobe. "What about now? Don't you want to hear me whispering how beautiful you are over and over again?"

My heart was beating at a hundred miles per hour. He knew exactly what he was doing and he was lapping up every second of it. Yet again, Kai loved the control he knew he had over me.

"Kai..." I warned lowly.

"Hmm," he hummed near the crook of my neck, causing me to shiver. "Your loss." And just like that, he pulled away and gave the remaining pancake on his plate his full attention.

Frustrated, I quickly finished the food on my plate then left the breakfast bar, making my way out onto the balcony, his laughter the last thing I heard before sliding the glass door behind me.

I wasn't angry - not really. I was more annoyed at myself for being so weak around Kai. That he could read me like an open book and there was nothing I could do about it. That I had let myself become this vulnerable around him.

Slipping out of the kimono, I stepped into the hot tub, slowly sinking under the warm water, relishing in the way the bubbles massaged my skin. Sighing in bliss, I closed my eyes, leaning my head back against the outer wall of the hot tub.

A few minutes later, my peace and quiet came to an end as I heard Kai's footsteps heading towards the balcony. The door slid open before closing again. Before I knew it, a firm body cosied up next to mine.

"Room for a little one?" his deep voice asked, breaking the silence.

"Mhm," was all I replied.

"Are you mad at me?"

The worry in his voice caused my eyes to snap open, guilt washing over me like a tidal wave. "No, Kai. I'm not mad at you," I said softly, reaching out to hold his hand. "I'm just worried, you know?"

"About what your family and friends will think?" he asked, brows furrowed. "If they knew you'd slept with a sociopath?"

Caressing his cheek with my free hand, I shook my head. "Not at all. I don't care what they think." I gulped. "I just can't lose you. Honestly, I've never let myself get this close to another person before."

The corner of Kai's lips picked up. "Do you think I'm going to break your heart, Lockwood?"

I snorted, splashing him. "No. We already told eachother we won't fall in love, remember? You're my best friend right now, Kai, and with every thing about to go down when we get home, I can't let my feelings mess it all up. I need a clear head if I'm going to rid myself of this sire-bond."

Kai bobbed his head. "I understand. I'll ease off with the flirting." He tilted his chin, lust-filled eyes narrowed at me. "I just don't want last night to be the only time I hear you sighing my name."

My face turned red again, and I hoped he would assume it was from the heat of the water. "Let's cross that bridge when we come to it, okay?"

"Oookay," he replied easily, elongating the word. He sighed contentedly, tilting his head back to let the late morning sun warm his angelic features. "Would it be weird if I said I miss the rain?" he wondered aloud.

I chuckled. "A little. I'd love to have glorious sunshine every single day."

Kai shrugged. "It gets old after a while." He ran a wet hand through his hair. "And don't even get me started on how much I miss snow."

Unable to stop myself, a laugh escaped my lips. "Well, when we get home, it'll be cold weather. Hopefully you can build all the snowmen you want."

Kai smirked. "I'm more of an igloo kind of guy."

"Whatever floats your boat," I replied with a grin.

Just like that, all the tension in the air had disappeared and we were back to easiness. As if the topic of us had never even come up. That's why Kai was my favourite person to be around.

After some time relaxing in the hot tub, we eventually got out, heading back inside to get ready.

"Can I pick your outfit for today?" Kai asked as I began to search through the closet for some clothes.

I chuckled. "Sure, why not?" Then I paused. "Please nothing too slutty."

Kai rolled his eyes in good humour. "You could never look slutty." He wandered over to me and scanned the clothes hung up on the rail.

"So this..." he said, grabbing a loose khaki-green T-shirt and throwing it onto the bed. "With these," he continued, pulling out a pair of black denim shorts. "And to finish it off, this with these." He handed me a black leather jacket and some black ankle boots.

"So you want me to look like I'm the lead singer of a rock band?" I questioned, raising a brow as I held the jacket in my arms.

Kai flashed me a grin. "Precisely." When I shot him a confused look, he giggled. "You'll understand soon enough," he said, patting my shoulder and pushing me gently in the direction of the bathroom to get dressed.

I stepped back into the main room a few minutes later, opening my palms out at my side to show off his creation, awaiting his reaction.

"Guns N' Roses called," he teased. "They want their clothes back."

"That's it," I snapped, turning on my heel. "I'm getting changed."

"No, wait! Mikaela, I'm kidding!" Kai stopped me, choking on his laughter.

Whirling back to face him, I folded my arms across my chest, raising a brow expectantly.

"You look great. It's cute," Kai said, playing with the studs on the jacket.

"Why this outfit choice?" I questioned.

"I told you, you'll understand soon enough." In my absence Kai had also got dressed, into a modest loose-fitting button up in a pale blue colour, with a white tee underneath and black cargo pants.

I couldn't help but wonder how he would look with modern day fashion. Incredibly hot, I imagined.

He reached for my hand and I took it, letting him lead me out of the hotel room. Once outside, we headed down the street, Kai taking me somewhere in particular.

A few minutes later, we stopped outside a building, glass windows lining the front of the store. I peered inside, gasping as I saw the dozens of motorcycles dotted around the large room.

"After you," Kai said, opening the door and gesturing for me to go inside.

"Now the leather makes sense," I commented with a chuckle, running up to a gorgeous blue and white Suzuki bike.

"You had to look the part," Kai said, following after me. "You like this one?"

I grinned at him, nodding. "It's beautiful."

He grabbed a helmet, passing it to me. "Safety first," he said, helping me put it on and tighten the strap under my chin.

I frowned. "Where's your helmet?"

Kai winked. "I don't need one."

"Wait, how is that fair?" I whined.

He laughed. "Because I can't die in this world, and I'm also a pro." He tapped the top of my helmet. "You, however, aren't."

I rolled my eyes. "Kai, I'm a Hybrid. It takes a lot more than a fall from a motorcycle to kill me."

Kai flashed me his signature innocent smile, lifting his leg over the side of the bike and hopping onto the seat. "Oh, I know." He kicked up the stand and started the engine, smirking as it roared to life. "But you look adorable, therefore you must wear it."

Poking my tongue out, I heaved a sigh and jumped onto the seat behind him. Slipping my arms around his waist, I held onto him as he drove slowly out of the store before suddenly speeding down the road.

We passed the docks, the water glistening from the spring-time sun. As we headed down the highway, Kai suddenly arched the motorcycle onto its back wheel, throwing us almost vertical. I gripped onto his torso tighter, hearing his delighted laughter. The front wheel touched back onto solid ground a few moments later and I let out a sigh of relief.

We eventually made it into the city centre, Kai pulling up next to the sidewalk. He switched the engine off, letting the bike balance against the stand.

I reached up to take off my helmet, shaking my hair out once free. "Wow," I breathed. "That was exhilarating."

"Always a good time with me, baby," Kai commented, hopping off the motorcycle. He reached out, helping me off in his typical gentlemanly fashion.

I hung the helmet from the handlebars before Kai took my hand as we began to stroll deeper into the centre.

We passed rows of luxurious hotels, gigantic stores and shopping malls, and restaurants of all kinds. Kai's mouth almost watered as we approached a donut shop.

"Can I-" he began before I cut him off with a nod, smiling as he ran into the store and grabbed a tray of four donuts.

"So that's three for me and one for you," Kai greeted me as he returned, holding the tray tightly.

"I don't see how that's fair," I tutted.

"I'm a growing boy," he teased. "I need more calories than you."

"That's a little sexist," I said with a snort.

"It's scientific facts, baby," he stated, mouth full of icing-covered dough. "Men need more daily calories than women."

"And what about Hybrids?" I questioned. "Surely someone who's half wolf needs more calories than a simple siphoner-witch?"

"Fine," he sighed mockingly. "I guess we can share." He offered the tray to me and I took a donut willingly, immediately biting into it.

We wandered around the city, doing a little light shopping, staring at the gorgeous buildings and statues surrounding the area in awe. As the sun continued to beat down, Kai and I eventually decided to grab some ice cream.

A few hours later, we had returned to the spot that Kai had parked the motorcycle. We hopped back on eagerly, making our way back to our hotel. Not feeling the need to take the bike back to the store, he left it parked outside the hotel once we arrived.

"You ready to go home?" Kai asked as we stepped into the elevator.

"Not really," I admitted sheepishly. "But I know we need to."

Kai smiled, pressing a kiss to my forehead. "It'll all be worth it, I promise," he said. "We've just got to get through the storm to see the rainbow on the other side."

"Poetic words," I said with a smirk. "It almost makes the dread in the pit of my stomach feel less intense."

"You'll be fine. Everything will be fine," he said softly, trying to comfort me. It was working.

We finally packed our bags - not before having a little make-out session on the king size bed that I would miss terribly - and headed out of the penthouse suite, neither of us truly wanting to leave.

I sighed, stopping at the door, looking over my shoulder. "In another life," I whispered, then closed the door behind me.

Kai drove the same convertible as yesterday back to the airport, both of us much less excited this time as we got further and further away from the ocean.

I took a nap on the plane, not wanting to cause any unnecessary drama whilst Kai concentrated on flying the death-trap. A few hours later, we touched back down in Virginia.

"Home sweet home," Kai said, waking me up from my slumber.

"Am I still alive?" I mumbled, stretching in my seat.

"As alive as a half-vampire-half-werewolf could be," he replied with a chuckle.

"Great!" I squeaked, jumping up, desperate to get off the plane.

Kai drove us back to Mystic Falls, windows down, both of us relaxing in the comfortable silence. For what we were soon to face, we needed it.

When we pulled up to the Lockwood Mansion, Kai placed his hand on top of mine, stopping me as I attempted to get out of the vehicle.

I looked back at him expectantly.

"I have a plan," he said quietly. "To get us back home."

"Yeah?" I wondered aloud, mixture of nerves and joy unsettling my stomach.

"You may not like it, but it'll do the trick," he explained.

I sighed. "Kai. English, please."

He rolled his eyes. "I'm going to force the Bennett Witch into showing us the ascendant and bringing us home. We'll go with our initial plan."

"And what's that?" I pressed on.

"I'm going to kill you," he eventually said. "Temporarily, of course."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94.6K 2.7K 20
Unorthodox ᴀᴅᴊᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ > different from what is usual or expected in behaviour, ideas, methods, etc ☾☾☾ a child, so traumatised in their first few...
19.7K 545 32
When Laura unexpectedly got trapped in the prison world she didn't think she would meet someone there and she most definetely did not think about fal...
8.9K 132 24
"The Handler thought it was part of the plan. It wasn't." "What? You think I wouldn't help you after all we've been through?" - - - First book of Do...
362K 10.4K 35
Runner up in the CW fanfic awards "Just keep in mind that even the purest hearts fall. I have run out of time looking for a way out. There is no red...