My Sister's Keeper (An LOK st...

By Califoryoux

WARNING- LONG CHAPTERS, BUT WORTH THE READ ↓↓↓ She was the younger sister, but she was taught to look after h... More

Book 1; Introduction
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
Book 2; 1
2; 1.2
2;2
2;3.1
2;3.2
2;4
2;5
2;6
2;7
2;8
2;9
2;10
2;11
2;12
2;13
2;14
2;15
Avatar Studios
Book 3;1
3;2
3;3
3;4
3;5
3;6
3;7
3;8
3;9
3;11
3;12
3;13
3;14
3;15
3;16
3;17
3;18
3;19
Book 4;1
4;2
4;3
4;4
4;5
4;6
4;7
4;8
4;9
4;10
4;11;1
4;11;2
4;12
4;13
4;14
4;15
4;16
4;17
4;18
4;19
4;20
4;21
4;22
Epilogue; 1
Epilogue; 2
Epilogue; Last Part
Alternate Ending
Special Chapter
Sequal
Jade
Coco (preview)
Coco (preview)
Coco (preview)
Elegance (preview)
Elegance (preview)
Elegance (preview)
Book 2

3;10

1.3K 45 2
By Califoryoux

Opal.

That's Suyin's daughter, and she's super sweet. She was so excited to meet Korra and her aunt Lin, but our interaction didn't start off the greatest. It was quite awkward actually, if I'm being honest, but that's ok! I think Bolin has a little crush on her, so I'm going to welcome her with open arms regardless. Plus, she's an airbender now! We have to make her as comfortable as possible! This is a big change for her, for all of us.

...

After Bolin and I catch up to the group, we're greeted by a girl who's reading a book. She has beautiful green eyes like Suyin and the rest of her kids. This is definitely Suyin's daughter.

I watch hilariously as Bolin quacs at her, and she him. They look at each other like they're staring at a pot roast. Moments later she looks down at Bolin and our hands that are still connected. She looks away quickly, but I can see, she's disappointed. I let go of Bolin's hand. I really hope she doesn't think we're dating. That would be totally gross! And considering I was head over heels for Mako for so long, and I was in a 'relationship' since meeting the brothers, I've never tried to pursue Bolin because I don't want to. We're soul-besties, not soulmates.

"Wow, Avatar Korra. I can't believe you're here. You are so amazing," Su's daughter says nicely.

"It's great to meet you, Opal!"

"Opal. That's a beautiful name," Bolin gushes.

"Thanks!" She blushes.

"I'm Bolin."

"Opal. But, uh, you already knew that."

"Hi! I'm Kitty, it's nice to meet you!" I introduce myself.

"Oh, hi," she says awkwardly.

I put out my hand out and she hesitantly shakes it. I know it's awkward now, but just wait, we're going to be best friends!

...

Lin's chef is making us dinner, and I have to say, this place is fancy- and our table is so big! On the left of me is Bolin and Opal, and on the right of me is Wing and Wei. I haven't talked to the twins yet. I'm kinda nervous, but I guess it won't hurt to say hello... But maybe later!

"Tonight for your dining pleasure, I present a seared wild Kyoshi elephant koi, paired with a ginger-infused pea tendril and hibiscus root salad," the chef announces.

"Stunning," Su praises him before he bows and walks off.

I thought Su's husband and their eldest son were going to join us, but I guess they can't stay long, as I only catch a glimpse of them. They have some more work to do in the office, which is expected considering they built this place. I wonder is that all of their children. So far we've met Wing and Wei, Opal, Huan, and Baatar Jr. Such a big family! Sometimes I wish I had more siblings, but I don't know if I could deal with anymore Korra's, and I'm sure she couldn't deal with anymore Kitty's either.

I think Lin needs her diaper changed. She's just mad that Korra is training Opal here in Zaofu instead of the Air Temple! I guess it does make sense. I'm in no rush to live in the Northern Air temple, and we've been banished from Republic City, so I'm not complaining. I just wish Lin would chill out, and whatever happened between her and Su, I hope they can talk it all out and heal. She just found out that she has a niece and a bunch of nephews, she should be happy!

"This is delicious!" I gush as I dig into my food.

"Mmmm. I have to admit, I was pretty skeptical when he said 'pea tendrils', but this is delicious," Bolin agrees.

"I know, right? I don't think I've ever had a bad meal in my life," Opal says.

"Oh, I had plenty when Mako and I were living on the streets. I mean, you'd be surprised how bad food from a dumpster can be."

"I'm sorry," Opal quickly apologizes. "I didn't know."

"No, no, it's okay, that's all in the past. Things are great now."

"Yeah," I say trying to cheer her up. "Bolin got to be a pro-bender, fought against a dangerous revolution, and became a mover star."

"Now, I'm helping the Avatar rebuild a whole nation. But my favorite part has been getting to know Kitty."

I look over at Opal, and I catch her expression change ever so slightly. She glances over at me and sighs.

"Wow! Your life sounds so exciting," she says. I detect a hint of annoyance in her voice.

I don't get it. She seems so sweet and genuine, but this entire time she's given me the cold shoulder. It was Bolin and Korra who actually dated for that one day! I've only known her for five minutes, what did I do to her? I know she likes Bolin, but that's not a reason to be rude, and she just doesn't seem the type. I'm so confused, but I won't let it ruin my night. We found another airbender, and Bolin is finally over my sister and has a new interest who seems to like him, too.

"Um, hi!" I greet the twins.

It's now or never.

"Hey!" Wei says. "Kitty, right?"

"Yeah!" I answer. "And you're Wei, and you're Wing."

"Wow, you're the first person to tell us apart!" Wei replies.

"Really?" I ask. "It's really not that hard."

I look at Wing, and he just sits there, it's hard to read his expression- Oh no, does he hate me, too? What is with this family!? Ok Kitty, chill.

"Is there something on my face?" I ask self consciously.

"Um, no!" He says, falling out of deep thought. "I'm Wing."

Phew!

"I'm Kitty... But you knew that."

Way to go, Kitty! He already knows who you are. Get it together! You get along with his brother just fine, but not him? They have the same face for crying out loud, it shouldn't be this hard!

"So," I try to continue. "That's a really cool game you guys came up with."

"Thanks! I wasn't my best today though," Wing admits sheepishly.

Is he nervous?

"Huh, I was!" Wei boasts, and the two of us laugh as Wing pouts.

"Hey, I was just.. Distracted," he says.

"By what? You were doing pretty well from what I saw," I ask him.

"Um..."

"By you," Wei answers for him nonchalantly.

Ahhhhhhh!

I'm probably as red as a tomato right now. This is going better than I expected. The boys and I continue our conversation when all of a sudden none other than Varrick walks into the room. I wish I were kidding. How random! I look around the room, and all of Team Avatar, even Lin, is shocked! How in the world is he here right now? He's suppose to be in prison!

"What are you doing here?" Asami asks him.

"Great question, Asami. I mean, what are any of us doing here? Wow, food for thought... Any who, how's our company doing?"

"You mean Asami's company?" I rebuttal. "Future Industries reverted back to her after you plotted to abduct the president!"

"Allegedly plotted to abduct the president. Never convicted."

"Uh, that's because you escaped prison," Mako rebuttals.

"No, the universe decided to set me free. So I looked up my old friend Suyin here, pitched her a few ideas, and bam! We're in business together."

"Varrick's heading up my new technology division," Suyin says.

"I've seen the future, and the future is magnets! I'm working on a high speed rail that would revolutionize transportation and shipping as we know it. But that's not all, I'm-"

"All right, enough!" Lin explodes. "I'm trying to keep the Avatar safe and you're harboring a criminal?"

I mean, she's got a point. Look, Varrick is a funny guy, but he did try to start a war, and he did frame Mako. Lin has a valid reason to be upset- but don't ever tell her I said that!

"Ease up, Lin," Su says trying to calm the situation. "Sure Varrick's made a few mistakes in his past, but that doesn't mean he should pay for it for the rest of his life. My chef was a pirate, but now he's a culinary master. People change."

"You haven't!" and she storms off.

"Lin," I whine.

Leave it to her to make a scene.

...

That was such an... Interesting dinner. Bolin and Opal obviously hit it off, me and Wing kinda hit it off, and Lin and Su got absolutely nowhere. I hope they get it together, but at the end of the day, it's really not my place to say anything, so I'm not... Even though I really want to because I am so curious as to what happened between them.

As everyone gets ready for the night, I look for Opal outside. Su said she's somewhere practicing her airbending, so she should be around here somewhere. We need to talk. I know she likes Bolin, and he likes her, so with Bolin and I being best friends, it's important we get along. I mean, even though he was a complete jerk, Bolin did try to get along with Von, so I should do the same with Opal.

"Opal!" I call to her as I approach her. Su was right, she was practicing her airbending.

"Hey, Kitty," she says, once again avoiding eye contact.

"Hey, um, can we talk?" I ask politely.

"I'm kinda busy."

"Please, just for a quick second?"

"Ok, what is it?" She asks.

"You don't like me very much, do you?"

"What? I don't even know you," she answers.

"Oh, so you're just cold for no reason? Gotcha."

Maybe that was a little more rude than I intended, but I'm kinda just over this conversation. She's been so cold to me since the moment we met. She doesn't have to like me, but are we not mature enough to be cordial to one another? I'm just so disappointed, I start to walk away, but she stops me before I could get far.

"Wait," she says, and I turn around and wait for her to speak. This time she actually looks at me.

"I'm sorry, it's just... every time I think Bolin might like me, I see you two. I mean, you two are so close, and you're so pretty! I guess I was just jealous, and I didn't want you to get mad at me for liking him, so I've been trying to avoid you."

"Excuse me?" I gasp. "Opal, jealous of me? For one, you're gorgeous, shut up. And Bolin and I don't have anything going on, I promise. He's my best friend."

"But you guys were holding hands, you're always together, and when you two talk, it's like you two know what each other are thinking."

"Oh, that? I was kinda having a mid, mid, mid life crisis, and he was helping me through it. He treats everyone like that because he's just a caring guy. He was my first friend ever and he's gotten me through some really tough times, but I DO NOT want to date him, trust me. Besides, it's his brother who I had a crush on," I say with a shrug.

"Wait, didn't your sister and Asami both date Mako?"

"Oh, so they told you about that?" I ask feeling slightly embarrassed.

"Yeah, sorry. They kinda gave me the whole run down at dinner... That must've sucked."

"It did, a lot, but I have... Other interests now. So, are we cool?" I ask her.

"Yes, and I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to be so cold. This is kinda my first real
crush and it was wrong of me to be so mean regardless if you and Bolin were a thing or not."

"It's ok, you should've seen how I handled my first crush. After I realized I needed to move on from Mako, I dated a guy who was in a cult."

"Really? That's insane! So, do you think Bolin has feelings for me?" She asks.

"Oh, you have no idea!"

...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.7K 726 19
Dear Lin, I do hope that this letter finds you well. Audrey has just turned 18 and - well I was hoping she'd at least get to meet you- I guess one ca...
99.8K 2.5K 18
You are a Yuyan Archer, native to the Fire Nation. You are one of the only women skilled enough to be on this elite team. When Prince Zuko was banish...
199K 6.5K 30
𝐊𝐚𝐢𝐝𝐚 𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐈𝐜𝐞 | ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴛᴡᴏ: ᴇᴀʀᴛʜ ❝ I'm doing this because I care about the people who need help. ❞ ✎ 𝐀𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐫: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐚𝐬𝐭...
39.2K 1.1K 25
______________________________ ______________________ Book 1; Y/n daughter of Commander Bumi and M/n a fragile noble from the fire nation who died wh...