The Banshee and the Beta ➼ TE...

By puppy_mcCall

[BOOK 1] 'The Banshee and the Beta' 'The Wailing Woman and the Second-in-command' ... More

Cast
Lookbook
Chapter 1 - It's the start of something new
Chapter 2 - Life Of The Party
Chapter 3 - Hunt Or Be Hunted
Chapter 4 - Over My Dead Body
Chapter 5 - Below a C
Chapter 6 - Alpha Male
Chapter 7 - Dying to Heal
Chapter 8 - I'm Surrounded By Idiots
Chapter 9 - "What the hell is a Stiles?"
Chapter 10 - Oh, it actually is a mountain lion
Chapter 11 - Spirals and Family trees
Chapter 12 - The Key to Everything
Chapter 13 - Somebody's gonna get hurt
Chapter 14 - Alpha, Beta or Omega
Chapter 15 - Adapting to a different life
Chapter 16 - Full Moon
Chapter 17 - He Knows/She Knows
Chapter 19 - Nice Bow
Chapter 20 - Love is NOT in the air
Chapter 21 - You can't protect everyone
Chapter 22 - The Night of the Formal
Chapter 23 - I can see things
Chapter 24 - Part of a pack
Chapter 25 - Missing Girl
Chapter 26 - This better be worth it
Chapter 27 - The New Beta
Chapter 28 - Prison Break
Chapter 29 - As hard as rock
Chapter 30 - How many more?
Chapter 31 - Paralyzed
Chapter 32 - A Bestiary
Chapter 33 - Who is the Kanima?
Chapter 34 - Not who we thought
Chapter 35 - Dancing in a gay club
Chapter 36 - Being Held Hostage
Chapter 37 - Restraining Order
Chapter 38 - Dilemma in the Library
Chapter 39 - We're all in this together
Chapter 40 - Night of the Rave
Chapter 41 - Belated Birthday
Chapter 42 - Resurrection
Chapter 43 - Pieces of the Puzzle
Chapter 44 - The Truth is out
Chapter 45 - Far From Normal
Chapter 46 - Game night
Chapter 47 - Gone with the wind
Chapter 48 - The Endgame
Chapter 49 - You still got us

Chapter 18 - Evil Uncle

233 8 0
By puppy_mcCall

Lexie

"Hi, I'm Lexie. One of Allison's friends. I was wondering if she was home. I think she might've grabbed my English textbook by accident," I beamed at her mother, 

"No, she's not home but you're welcome to look for it yourself," I was surprised they were so calm on letting me in to snoop in their house, but I guess they don't suspect me to be anything other than ordinary and oblivious to the supernatural in Beacon Hills. 

I still can't believe I was dragged into this, that as a result, I'm becoming a thief. I gave Mrs. Argent a quick smile before heading up to Allison's room. A room I had never even been in before. As I shut the door tightly behind me, I started hurrying around looking for the damn thing. In drawers, by her nightstand, in her bathroom. I went through her jewellery box and I still couldn't find it. 

It had been maybe like 10 minutes, and I didn't want to seem suspicious to Mrs. Argent, so I called Scott. "I can't find it," I groaned as I searched through a stack of papers on her desk, coming across a receipt for bowling. Her and Scott's first date, that's sweet, kinda made my heart ache a little. They both loved each other so much, they didn't deserve to go through this. 

"Have you checked her jewellery box?" he suggested and I couldn't help but scoff, 

"Of course I have, do you think I'm stupid?"

"Okay, okay I'm coming," he reassured me, but by the time he'd get here, Mrs Argent would get very suspicious for the amount of time I've been in her daughter's bedroom. 

"No, Scott, if I'm here any longe-," before I could finish my sentence, he appeared at the window. He needs to stop sneaking up on people, it's gonna give me a heart attack. I let him in, and he started looking around. 

"Lexie, have you found it?" I heard Allison's mother call up the stairs. I turned to Scott and shook my head, he was on his own. 

"Yeah, actually." I took out my english book from my backpack and held it as I left the room. "Good luck Scott," I whispered, well that was a big fail. Mrs. Argent smiled at me as she spotted the English book in my hands, 

"I'm glad you found it," she lead me to the door and I plastered on my fake smile, I was pretty good at lying. 

"Yeah, thanks for letting me in," 

"Of course anytime," and then she shut the door, well that was pleasant. I eyed Scott in Allison's window, he hadn't found it yet, but he knows Allison a lot better than I do, so he might have a better chance at finding it. 

***

At home, I was heading to my bedroom, but as I passed Lydia's, I heard her sniffling inside. I knocked quietly on the ajar door. I heard her immediately stop, and her voice came out croaky. "Go away!" I didn't listen and instead pushed the door open, squeezing my head through. 

"Lydia, hey are you okay?" she didn't look okay, her eyes were red and puffy, looking like she had been crying for hours. Something must've happened.

"I'm fine, now leave me alone," she begged, but she was my sister, and no matter how bad our relationship was, she still mattered to me. So, I stepped in and shut the door behind me before perching on her bed. 

"Lydia, what is it? What's wrong?" I really wanted her to open up to me, to bond with me. We haven't acted like proper sisters for years, not since we were little. 

"I said leave me alone. And besides, nothing is wrong, I'm fine, I'm perfect," she croaked, and then started sobbing. I shuffled over to her and wrapped my arms around her. She had her head in her hands, whatever happened, it must've been bad, because I've never seen Lydia cry like this. 

Continuing to cry, I just kept stroking her hair. Her hair that was almost identical to mine, hers was much lighter, maybe even 'Strawberry Blonde', that's how Stiles always described her hair. Mine on the other hand was a deep red, not auburn, a dark shade of red. It gleamed in the sun and sometimes turned blonde, and in the dark, it just looked brunette. 

I just carried on thinking about our differences, she had such clear skin, no moles, no freckles, I on the other hand had freckles scattered all over my nose. She had a fuller face, with high cheekbones and plump lips. My lips were small and pursed. She had hazel eyes, I had blue. She was an inch shorter than me and she was curvier than me. I was slim, with no shape whatsoever. She was beautiful and it was like I was her ugly younger sister, I'm sure she sees it that way. 

Before I could come up with anymore differences, she lifted her head and started wiping away her tears. Her mascara and liner were halfway done her face by now. "Jackson dumped me," My mouth opened in shock. If they were ever gonna break up, I would've expected it to be the other way round. 

"What? Why?" I asked, and yes I asked 'why' it just developed her ego, I mean why would anyone wanna break up with Lydia, her words not mine. 

"I don't know. Why would anyone wanna break up with me?" told you. 

Rather than rolling my eyes or shrugging her off, I looked at her sympathetically. "Hey, we could watch a movie, take your mind off it. Maybe order a pizza,"

"Are you crazy, do you want me to put on 50 pounds?" and she's back. Oh well, I tried. 

"Okay, I'm sorry I suggested it Lydia. Have fun getting over this break-up yourself," I stood up from my position on her bed and headed out of the room, what a bitch. 

Sabrina

"Did you get the picture?" I could hear their conversation, it was great, no more having to put myself towards the phone and having to listen carefully to Scott. It sounded like he was sitting in the car with us, I loved it.

"Yeah, I did, and it looks just like the drawing." Stiles talked about the photo of the necklace Scott had just sent, Lexie had trouble getting it, so Scott had to swoop in. 

"Hey, is there something on the back of it? There's gotta be something." Derek had yanked Stiles' arm and brought the phone to him, "An inscription, an opening, something."

"No, no, the thing's flat. And, no, it doesn't open. There's nothing in it, on it, around it, nothing. And where are you? You're supposed to be here. You're first line." Scott directed the question to Stiles. Who I found out had been put on first line temporarily, good for him, but he sucks.

"Where the hell is Bilinski?" I heard Coach shout faintly, Bilinski? Really?

"Man, you're not gonna play if you're not here to start."

"I know. Look, if you see my dad, can you tell him-tell him I'll be there, I'll just be a little bit late, okay? All right, thanks." Sheriff Stilinski was gonna be so excited to watch Stiles play, and he's not gonna make it. Well, life sucks. 

"You're not gonna make it." Derek stated the obvious, just clearly making Stiles more and more upset. 

"I know."

"And you didn't tell him about his mom, either."

"He doesn't need to know, not yet," I announced from the backseat, their ears perking up as if I hadn't been there the whole time. These guys are idiots. 

"Yeah, not till we find out the truth." Stiles agreed, we were parked in front of a care centre. Here to figure out if Peter - Derek's uncle - knows anything.

"By the way, one more thing."

"Yeah." before Stiles could go on and extend his question, Derek slammed his head onto the steering wheel, making me laugh out loud. Oh, that was funny. "Oh, God! What the hell was-,"

"You know what that was for. Go. Go!" I followed Stiles out of his Jeep, he was still clutching his face. That must've hurt. 

"You're an idiot," I told him, before taking the lead and swinging the door to the care home open. It seemed completely empty, where was the staff? Stiles and I walked in further, the lights were on, but we couldn't seem to find anyone. No one at the front desk, or in the halls. When we got to Derek's uncle's room, he wasn't there. 

"Call Derek, now!" I ordered Stiles, he nodded, and I was worried, none of this felt right. I headed into more rooms checking as I heard Derek pick up. 

"Yeah, I said I can't find her." Stiles shrugged, Derek had sent us in to look for Peter's nurse. 

"Look, ask for Jennifer. She's been looking after my uncle." Derek named her and I started searching desks, this didn't sit well with me. Something was going on. 

"Yeah, well, he's not here either." 

"What?" when Derek blurted this out, I realised this was not good. 

"He's not here. He's gone, Derek."

"Stiles, grab Sabrina and get out of there right now...it's him! He's the Alpha! Get out!" Before I could grab Stiles and run, someone appeared in front of us, I immediately suspected him to be the Peter that Derek was talking about. 

"You must be Stiles. And you, Sabrina. You're a part of my pack," I opened my mouth exposing my teeth and growled, he seemed unfazed, but I was angry. 

"What are you doing here?" Nurse Jennifer appeared behind us, "Visiting hours are over." 

"You and him. You're-you're the one who-Oh, my-and he's-Oh, my God, I'm gonna die."

"Stiles, shut up!" I begged as I threw my hands down to expose my claws, I was sort of getting used to this, if I did say so myself. Then on cue, Derek appeared and elbowed Peter's nurse in the face, sending her to the ground and knocking her out, that was funny.

"That's not nice. She's my nurse."

"She's a psychotic bitch helping you kill people. Get out of the way." Derek told us,

"But-,"

"Get out of the way," I put my claws away and dragged Stiles to the ground so we were out of the way of this 1v1. 

"Oh, damn."

"You think I killed Laura on purpose? One of my own family?" Then Derek got angry, growling as he lunged at Peter. Peter pressed him into the wall, surprisingly causing significant damage, and then threw him into another wall, causing Derek to fall down. Stiles kept crawling away, coming across nurse Jennifer with an extremely bloody nose. 

As Stiles was fleeing, I snarled at Peter flashing my werewolf teeth and eyes. I pounced at him, but there was no way I was taking on an Alpha, especially since I haven't been a werewolf for long. I managed to scratch him before he flung me back against the far wall.

Peter lifted Derek by the throat, "My mind, my personality were literally burned out of me. I was being driven by pure instinct." I sat up worriedly as Stiles came to my side. Trying to pull me towards the desk, so we could hide. I wanted to tell him to stop, to try and help, but there was no way I was gonna be able to help. 

"You want forgiveness?" Derek punched him again and they started to fight before Peter threw him back, causing him to land on his front. 

"I want understanding. Do you have any idea...what it was like for me during those years? Slowly healing, cell by cell. Even more slowly coming back to consciousness. Yes, becoming an Alpha, taking that from Laura pushed me over a plateau in the healing process. I can't help that. I tried to tell you what was happening. I tried to warn you." before I could finish watching this family battle, Stiles grabbed me and pulled me to the entrance. 

"Stiles, what are you doing?"

"Getting the hell out of here," He replied getting in his Jeep, I hesitated, looking back at the care home, 

"What about Derek?"

"Who cares? Also, he's a werewolf, he'll live," I joined him in the passenger seat, 

"Not against an Alpha," I reminded him, but he didn't listen he just drove, as fast as he could, away from that hellhole. I didn't know what to do, I can barely control my powers, how was I supposed to help him. But there was something in me, telling me to go back and help. It was too late. 

Lexie

I was sat at the Lacrosse game, Lydia was supposed to come with me, but I don't think I'll see her at any more games. I saw Scott sat on the bench talking intently to Jackson, I wish I knew what they were talking about, that's when Sabrina comes in handy, but she's not here. Neither is Stiles. She called me before she left with Stiles, but she hasn't called me back and I'm starting to get worried. Whatever it is, they must've found something, otherwise Stiles would be here, he has to be here. It's his first time ever playing first line and I know he doesn't wanna miss it. 

As I'm thinking about this, I spot Sheriff Stilinksi walk onto the bleachers, he was looking at the team of huddled up Lacrosse players in search of his son. When he didn't find him, the smile on his face fell, he was so excited to watch Stiles play for the first time ever. 

He joined me, and I smiled, "Do you know where Stiles is?" See, I didn't know how to answer that question, because I know that he was with Sabrina and Derek, but I have no idea where they are and why they aren't here. 

"Nope, no idea. But he was supposed to be playing first line," the Sheriff nodded and sighed, obviously disappointed that his son couldn't make it. Also, he's a busy guy, the fact that he took time off to watch a game that his son hasn't bothered to show up to, that's gotta hurt. 

"Yeah, he was telling me about it. He was thrilled," I smiled sadly, I felt bad. Not just for the Sheriff, but for Stiles. He wouldn't miss this game for the world, so whatever he's doing must be important. 

Then, I sensed something was wrong, I got one of those feelings again. Like when Sabrina got attacked, amd when we found Derek's sister's body. It made me shiver all over, as if my whole body was covered in goosebumps or something. I could just feel my body tense up. Something was wrong, and then I got an aching pain in my head. 

Pressing my hand to my temple to make it stop, I started hearing voices. But they weren't coming from the crowd or the field or anyone nearby. It felt like they were whispering in my ear and just the sound of them made my heart race and my breathing quicken. What was happening to me? 

I heard them repeat a name over and over, but I was too afraid to listen to it, so I just tried to drown them out. But it didn't work, and they started becoming louder and louder. They sounded like they were getting angry, and I just wanted to scream. That's when I listened, and when I heard the name, I looked over at Scott in a panic. 

When I caught sight of him, he already looked freaked out, I stumbled past Sheriff Stilinski and ran to him. As he saw me approaching, he grabbed me and pulled me to the sidelines, looks like he has something to tell me too. "They think it's him,"

"What?" I whispered back, this was obviously something that was supposed to be kept secret, but Scott was speaking so loud that anyone could hear him. 

"The Argent's. They think Jackson is the other Beta," my eyes widened as I looked over at Allison sitting with her dad and Aunt and then over at Jackson, the claw marks in the back of his neck still not healed. 

I sighed, sure that's big news, but if what I heard in my head is true, he's got bigger problems. "That's not what you need to worry about,"

"What? I think it's a pretty big thing to worry about,"

"No, something's wrong." I announced as he waited for me to continue, he was supposed to play any second now, but he had to know. "Something's wrong with Derek."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65K 1.3K 24
(Completed) "You're not a monster you're a werewolf like me." What if Scott McCall had a younger sister? What is she was born a werewolf? What if s...
15.3K 174 49
Y/n is a student at Beacon Hills High. She is friends with Stiles, Scott, Lydia, Kira, and Malia. Y/n is bisexual and begins to fall in love with a f...
3.2K 63 12
{stiles stilinski ff} Rose Martin is just like any other teenager; she worries about her grades, thinks about her outfit choices in too much detail a...
41.1K 579 54
Kasia Stilinski is no stranger to the supernatural, but being around a werewolf, a Banshee, werewolf hunters, and other such residents of Beacon Hill...