The Banshee and the Beta ➼ TE...

By puppy_mcCall

[BOOK 1] 'The Banshee and the Beta' 'The Wailing Woman and the Second-in-command' ... More

Cast
Lookbook
Chapter 1 - It's the start of something new
Chapter 3 - Hunt Or Be Hunted
Chapter 4 - Over My Dead Body
Chapter 5 - Below a C
Chapter 6 - Alpha Male
Chapter 7 - Dying to Heal
Chapter 8 - I'm Surrounded By Idiots
Chapter 9 - "What the hell is a Stiles?"
Chapter 10 - Oh, it actually is a mountain lion
Chapter 11 - Spirals and Family trees
Chapter 12 - The Key to Everything
Chapter 13 - Somebody's gonna get hurt
Chapter 14 - Alpha, Beta or Omega
Chapter 15 - Adapting to a different life
Chapter 16 - Full Moon
Chapter 17 - He Knows/She Knows
Chapter 18 - Evil Uncle
Chapter 19 - Nice Bow
Chapter 20 - Love is NOT in the air
Chapter 21 - You can't protect everyone
Chapter 22 - The Night of the Formal
Chapter 23 - I can see things
Chapter 24 - Part of a pack
Chapter 25 - Missing Girl
Chapter 26 - This better be worth it
Chapter 27 - The New Beta
Chapter 28 - Prison Break
Chapter 29 - As hard as rock
Chapter 30 - How many more?
Chapter 31 - Paralyzed
Chapter 32 - A Bestiary
Chapter 33 - Who is the Kanima?
Chapter 34 - Not who we thought
Chapter 35 - Dancing in a gay club
Chapter 36 - Being Held Hostage
Chapter 37 - Restraining Order
Chapter 38 - Dilemma in the Library
Chapter 39 - We're all in this together
Chapter 40 - Night of the Rave
Chapter 41 - Belated Birthday
Chapter 42 - Resurrection
Chapter 43 - Pieces of the Puzzle
Chapter 44 - The Truth is out
Chapter 45 - Far From Normal
Chapter 46 - Game night
Chapter 47 - Gone with the wind
Chapter 48 - The Endgame
Chapter 49 - You still got us

Chapter 2 - Life Of The Party

891 31 5
By puppy_mcCall

Sabrina

"Hold on, you actually think Scott is a werewolf? As in my scrawny twin brother Scott? Scott who can barely unscrew the cap on the pickles' jar, that Scott?"

Lexie sighed and nodded, this wasn't like her, she never believed in mythical creatures or supernatural beings, she believed in science and math. "I did say it sounded ridiculous,"

"Where is this coming from? Just because his senses are slightly heightened? That means nothing, it could be anything, he was alone in the woods in the middle of the night, he probably just contracted some gross disease like...smallpox," I suggested as Lexie looked at me like I was stupid.

"Smallpox was eradicated in the 1970s,"

"Whatever, I'm just saying he probably just got ill and rather than it taking a negative effect on his body it, it's more positive," I turned to Lexie in search of the answers, "that can happen right?"

"It's all psychological." I hunched over in a huff and stared at my brother as he went running, he somersaulted over the two defenders and took a shot. Everyone on the bleachers started cheering but I looked over at Lexie in surprise, she nodded and I immediately understood what she was talking about. There was no way ever that Scott, normal Scott, could've made a shot like that.

***

Standing in the doorway of Scott's room, which was just slightly opposite my bedroom, I watched my mom lean against the wall by his bathroom, when he came out, with just a towel on, he practically screamed. "Mom!" she smiled as she realised she scared the life out of him, I watched this hilarious exchange and stared at my brother weirdly. Lexie called me half an hour ago rambling on about how Stiles broke the news to Scott about him being a werewolf and he didn't take it well, he was close to attacking Stiles, which honestly wouldn't of been a bad thing but hey.

"Is this a party or a date?" my mom asked Scott her eyes narrowed as he answered with slight caution, talking to mom about his love life was definitely an uneasy topic.

"Maybe both." my mom turned to me and I scoffed lightly whilst entering the room and lounging on his bed.

"It's a party, but he wants it to be a date," I cleared up as mom nodded, understanding Scott's intentions.

"Shut up!"

"And her name is?" mom asked,

"Allison."

"Allison. She's not made up is she?" My mom turned to me as I stopped myself from laughing, one thing for sure is that I didn't wanna anger Scott anymore.

"No, she's not."

"Nice." mom placed the keys into Scott's hand as he sighed in relief and clutched them tightly. 

"Thank you."

"We don't need to have a talk, do we?" she narrowed her eyes at him and he looked outraged,

"Mom, I'm not having the safe sex talk with you." her eyes widened in surprise as he said this, he definitely misunderstood.

"And that's my cue to leave," I announced, getting up quickly and scuttling out of the room, listening to them bicker at each other. I giggled to myself when I heard my mom clearing things up saying that she was talking about keeping the tank full. Scott had always been awkward and weird and pretty dumb, it's no surprise that he took what my mom said in a different context. I waited in my room until I listened to my mom leave, and then I snuck back into his room and slammed the door shut behind me. "Look, listen to me Scott. You cannot go out tonight, okay?"

"What?" he looked at me as if I was completely absurd whilst he continued to pull his shirt on over his head, I  watched him worriedly.

"Honestly, I don't know if it's true or not because it's all basically speculation if you think about it. But Scott, I know that something is wrong with you, and at the minute, it's very unstable. You almost attacked your best friend,"

"Stiles told you?" Scott stared at me as if he had been betrayed when it was actually him who nearly ripped Stiles' throat out.

"No, Lexie did. She helped figure this all out. And you know that if it's coming from Lexie it must be right. Scott, I have no idea if you're a werewolf or not, but if you are, you can't take this risk. Have you never watched a werewolf movie? Full moon's are a no-go, like literally don't - go,"

"Leave me alone,"

"Scott!" I tried to reason but he snapped at me, I'd never seen him this angry in my life and the fact that the full moon was tonight wasn't going to help.

"There's nothing wrong with me. My life is finally perfect and you can't take that away from me. Goodbye."

***

"He basically snarled at me, like a frickin' dog. Like who does he think he is? Just because now he's some kind of teen wolf, he thinks he can shout at me like I'm his prey or something. You know I think you're right, I think there's something seriously wrong with him, and it's all gonna backfire in his face tonight, ha, take that Scott," I rambled on as I paced Lexie's bedroom, the loud music vibrating the floor. Lexie seemed agitated, you could tell she hated these house parties, it didn't matter what she liked though, since Lydia did anything and everything she wanted.

"No, because we don't want him to hurt Allison," Lexie reminded me as I nodded and went to her window.

"Oh yeah, well then let's pray he doesn't freak out,"

Lexie scoffed and joined me at the window. We stared out at the dozens of partygoers and looked on nervously, "At a huge house party like this? Who could possibly freak out here?" this place was full of people, if anything were to happen...I don't wanna think about what might happen to Scott or to anyone else for that matter.

"Oh he's completely screwed." Although Lexie didn't want to, I dragged out of her room and downstairs, where we meandered our way through sweaty bodies and horny dudes. "Come on, you're not given a choice. Just one drink" Lexie succumbed to my persuasion and took the cup that I held out to her. She took one sip and her face scrunched up as a response,

"What the hell is in that?"

"Who knows? Probably Lydia and Jackson's secret recipe," I took a sip and blinked furiously, "tequila, lots and lots of tequila. Maybe a bit of vodka?"

"Can you stop talking about alcohol so we can focus," Lexie pleaded as she poured the drink down the sink and disposed off the cup.

"Hey, guys," Stiles joined them and Lexie pushed past him to get to the back door.

"What's up with her?"

"She's socially awkward, can't you tell?" I told him as I followed her outside, she was by the back door staring into space. "Lexie, you okay?"

"That's Derek, right?" Stiles and I followed her gaze to the edge of the garden, in the darkness, there he was, standing there like a creep.

"Yeah," Stiles replied slowly, I looked down at Scott who was dancing with Allison, but he stopped abruptly and I knew he had seen Derek too. Scott came at us, "Yo, Scott, you good?"

"Scott?" I tried to get his attention but he just shrugged me off. "This isn't good."

"We've gotta go after him," I nodded in agreement and Lexie headed to the staircase.

"I'm gonna take a Xanax and try to sleep because I feel like my throat is closing up. But you know you should definitely go find him, make sure he hasn't killed anyone," I rolled my eyes at her as she headed upstairs.

"Come on, let's go." I followed Stiles to his jeep. The jeep that I had spent most of my life hating. It's very cramped and makes me feel extremely claustrophobic, it always - for some reason - smells like feet, and Stiles loves to leave half-eaten takeout in the glove compartment, on the floor and all across the dash. Which just mixes with the smell of feet and creates a horrific scent. Once we got to my place, Stiles dashed up the stairs and started banging on Scott's door.   "Scott, it's me. Let me in, Scott. I can help."

"No! Listen, you gotta find Allison." Scott shouted at him from the depths of his room, of course worried about Allison rather than himself, which, at this point in time, he should care about the latter.

"Scott! She's fine, all right?" I reassured him as I stood beside Stiles and held onto the door.

"Yeah, I saw her get a ride from the party. She's-she's totally fine, all right?" Stiles added, hoping that this would calm him down, because judging by the state he looked like at the party, he definitely was far from calm.

"No, I think I know who it is."

I looked over at Stiles in confusion, "what?"

"If you just let us in. We can try-,"

"It's Derek. Derek Hale is the werewolf. He's the one that bit me. He's the one that killed the girl in the woods." Stiles' eyes widened in panic as he turned to me, and shook his head, something was wrong. We saw Derek at that party, was he watching Scott?

"Scott, Derek's the one who drove Allison from the party." I could tell that both of our hearts were racing, but we didn't get a response. He just heard that the girl he was into, took off with the guy that allegedly bit him. "Scott!" Stiles repeated, we soon realised he had gone, disappeared out of the window, Stiles made it his job to find Allison and make sure she was okay but he told me to just stay, wait for Scott, if and when he comes back. It was going to be a long night.

Lexie

I locked the bathroom door and turned on the bath. I just took a pill, and now I needed to relax. Pouring in my essential oils and lavender scented bubble bath, I felt like I was in heaven. I took off my clothes and left them scattered in the corner of the room, whilst dipping my toes in to check the temperature, it was perfect. "Ahh," I murmured to myself as I laid back and let the water soak into my skin, I couldn't hear anything from the party because I had put in my earphones and I was listening to some calming music. When I closed my eyes, it felt divine, all my worries dissipated and it was as if everything that had happened this past week, hadn't. After minutes of just lying back and relaxing, I went to open my eyes. But, when I did, I went into full panic mode. I was no longer in my bathroom, instead, I was in the woods. Dark, and cold, I stood there confused, was this a dream? Did I fall asleep in the bath? If so, why did it feel real? I started to walk around and that's when I saw a house up ahead, completely scorched, with one half completely wrecked. This must've been Derek's house, I thought as I looked around, there was nowhere else to go. Warily, I trekked towards it, and as soon as I got close, I got this terrible feeling. A feeling in my stomach that I wanted to shove back down, a feeling that I'd never felt before. Why was I feeling it? And what did it mean?

I crept closer, to find a spiral drawn in the dirt, it was large and it made my heart rate quicken. I didn't understand why, why I feared a simple symbol and why I had this feeling, the feeling of... death. Then, I heard loud pounding and came back to reality by opening my eyes. Wow, I did fall asleep. I looked across at the door, there was no longer any music playing, no loud noises coming from downstairs, the party had finally finished, how long did I blackout for? "Lexie, you haven't been out of your room all day. Are you okay?" my mom asked, I realised now that I had slept through the party into the next day, in the bath.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine," I replied, sitting up and clutching my arms over my body, the water was now freezing, and the bubbles were long gone. I just stared into space, so confused. How did this happen? And how does a dream like that feel so real?

—————————————————————————————————————————————
Here is chapter 2 of The Banshee and The Beta. It is basically the second half of episode 1. The episodes can be often quite long so I'm doing max two chapters for each episode. Lexie is already having weird things happen to her but will she acknowledge them?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

927 114 30
*COMPLETED* Two girls find themselves back at Beacon Hills, their childhood home, and discover secrets that weren't shared, such as their one friend...
1.4K 31 18
>> The new kid. There's always someone new in Beacon Hills, always something paranormal. But this something, is a teenager with anger issues and no w...
95.2K 1.5K 15
Season 1 Zoey McCall is the twin sister of Scott McCall who has been a werewolf since she was ten and now being sixteen and finding out her brother w...
12.8K 283 22
What if Scott wasn't the first werewolf in the family? What if his twin sister has been a secret werewolf for nearly eight years? Skylar McCall, tw...