My Sister's Keeper (An LOK st...

By Califoryoux

WARNING- LONG CHAPTERS, BUT WORTH THE READ ↓↓↓ She was the younger sister, but she was taught to look after h... More

Book 1; Introduction
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
Book 2; 1
2; 1.2
2;2
2;3.1
2;3.2
2;4
2;5
2;7
2;8
2;9
2;10
2;11
2;12
2;13
2;14
2;15
Avatar Studios
Book 3;1
3;2
3;3
3;4
3;5
3;6
3;7
3;8
3;9
3;10
3;11
3;12
3;13
3;14
3;15
3;16
3;17
3;18
3;19
Book 4;1
4;2
4;3
4;4
4;5
4;6
4;7
4;8
4;9
4;10
4;11;1
4;11;2
4;12
4;13
4;14
4;15
4;16
4;17
4;18
4;19
4;20
4;21
4;22
Epilogue; 1
Epilogue; 2
Epilogue; Last Part
Alternate Ending
Special Chapter
Sequal
Jade
Coco (preview)
Coco (preview)
Coco (preview)
Elegance (preview)
Elegance (preview)
Elegance (preview)
Book 2

2;6

1.6K 46 5
By Califoryoux

I think I'm starting to piece everything together. When Wan was banished, that was the start of everything; Bending the elements and humans and spirits interacting with one another. I'm still not sure how the Avatar came to be, but I'm sure I'll find out soon. It's all so overwhelming. I mean, I'm witnessing the birth of the Avatar.

I look around confusingly as my body is quickly transported back to Wan's village. There's Jaya, Yao, and the other villagers, but no Wan.

"Wan has proved that with the power of fire, anyone can survive in the wilds," a much older Jaya says to the crowd. "We don't have to live under Chou the Elder's rules anymore, so I say we leave this city and start over! Who's with me?"

The people cheer and they leave the city. They ask the lion turtle to grant them with the power of fire, and their request is granted. Once again I'm transported back to the oasis where Wan is packing his belongings on his cat deer, Mula.

"You sure you want to leave?" Aye-Aye asks Wan.

"Yes. It's time I see the rest of the world and find the other lion turtle cities."

"I'm proud to call you my friend, Stinky."

Awwe, it's nice to see how their relationship progressed.

I watched Wan leave the oasis and travel far and wide to find other lion turtles. The Spirit Wilds are amazing! It seems like this place is endless. I've seen so many spirits and creatures I never even knew existed!

Mula approaches a stream when all of a sudden we encounter a parade of spirits running away in the same direction. The spirits are lead by the beautiful purple spirit I saw when Wan was first banished.

"The all-powerful spirits are battling!" One of the spirits exclaim.

"They're gonna wipe out the entire valley!" Another yells.

Wan goes to investigate. I almost scream at the sight of  two large spirits locked into battle, destroying everything as they go. I know this was in the past, but for some reason, I still feel scared, terrified even. The dark spirit is giving off some really bad energy, more than I've ever felt. I don't like it at all.

Wan runs up to the great spirits and uses his firebending to draw their attention.

"Stop, or you'll destroy everything!" 

"This doesn't concern you, human!" The white and blue spirit tells him.

Unlike the other spirit, this one doesn't scare me. It's actually quite opposite. She gives me a feeling of peace and comfort. She looks so similar to that purple spirit I saw earlier.

"It does when the lives of spirits and animals are in danger!"

"If you're a friend to spirits, then use your fire to help me break free," the other pleads to Wan.

"Don't involve the human. This is between us."

"Please, save me. She has tormented me for ten thousand years!" the dark spirit pleads again.

"Ten thousand years?" Wan says in awe.

Please don't do it, Wan... I know he is, but...

"Let him go!"

Wan firebends at the spirits, but is tossed aside by the light spirit. As he emerges out of the bushes again, he notices that the two spirits are only connected to one another by a tentacle. Come on, Wan! I'm guessing color association wasn't a thing back then. He's more like Korra than I thought.

He strikes at the spirits tethered tentacles and severs their grasp. As soon as they're separated, the dark spirit flies away to rest atop a nearby mountain, while the light spirit screams and shrinks back.

"Thank you, human. You have performed a great service for the spirits," the dark spirit says and flies away.

"Do you realize what you've done?" The other spirit gasps.

I think he just unleashed darkness into the world.

"Yeah, I helped a spirit who was being bullied by you," Wan accuses.

"You are gravely mistaken. I was keeping him under control."

"And what gives you the right?"

"You don't even know who I am, do you?"

That was a little diva-ish, but I get it.

"Should I?" He asks her.

"Yes. My name is Raava, that spirit you freed is Vaatu. He is the force of darkness and chaos. I am the force of light and peace. Since the beginning of time, we have battled over the fate of this world. And for the past ten thousand years, I have kept darkness under control and the world in balance, until you came along."

Raava.

"So by freeing Vaatu, I let chaos into the world?"

"Precisely. The human and spirit realms are headed toward annihilation, and it's all your fault."

Well, darn.

...

"Let me help you," Wan pleads with the spirit.

"I don't want your help. Don't interfere with me again, human!"

Raava flies away, and Wan and Mula turn to one another with wondering looks on their faces.

"Let's get moving," Wan tells the creature.

"No, you can't just leave!" I tell him. "Go find her, the world is in danger!"

Again, I know he can't hear me, it's just so frustrating! The world's biggest most important battle yet and I can't even be apart of it- I'm not even here!

I follow Wan and Mula into a bushy area. I follow their gaze, and they're looking at a fruit tree as its branches shake slightly. Something's in there! Behind the bushes are four men who are harvesting fruits from the tree.

"Airbenders!" I gasp excitingly.

Oh my goodness, air is next! Wan's going to get airbending! I'm so excited!

Two of the monks bring their hand toward their chest, their fingers stretched, which creates a cloud underneath them. How cool! They even have their arrows, and their clothes still look the same! I have a lot to tell Tenzin.

"Do you see that, Mula? People! And they have some kind of wind power."

"More humans! I found you," Wan continues excitingly as he approaches the airbenders.

The nomads are startled and run away in fright, one even drops his entire basket. This is really ironic considering the history to come between the Fire Nation and the air nomads, yikes.

"Wait! I'm friendly!" Wan yells and chases after them.

Mula stops abruptly just before the edge of the cliff, but I squeal as Wan does the complete opposite. I sigh as he, thankfully, manages to grab an overhanging branch and pulls himself back up. As he emerges above the cliff again, he sees one of the nomads running up to him and uses his airbending to fly toward a floating lion turtle.

We found another lion turtle!

"The legends are true, another lion turtle city. And it's flying," Wan says amazed.

We both watch in amazement as the lion turtle takes back the airbending of the monks.

"I have got to get over there," Wan says.

He ends up tying a rope to a tree and around a rock. He climbs up the tree and burns the rope with his firebending, and it catapults him toward the lion turtle. However, he doesn't fly far enough, and he begins to fall. Luckily, he managed to grab hold of some dangling vines and he makes it.

Wow, look at this place! This village is so cute! Much different from Wan's. Wan's village had stone houses, farms, markets, animal pins. I thought Wan: village was minimalist, but this on another. It has huts and it's surrounded by trees. Even a few spirits are hanging around and playing with the village kids. It just shows that the airbenders have always had a deeper connection with the spirits. It makes sense.

A green transparent bird-like spirit flies by Wan, and he smiles in amazement as he watches it go past him. Wan approaches the nomads and he smiles at them kindly.

"Hi, how are you? I'm Wan," he introduces himself.

The nomads stay silent and look at each other in confusion.

"Um, sorry to interrupt, but it's been a while since I've seen other humans."

"Where did you come from, stranger?" One of the monks asks him softly.

Wow, he even sounds like Tenzin!

"Another lion turtle city far away. For the past two years I've been living among the spirits and exploring the wilds."

Has it really been two years? I wonder how long I've been gone from my body back in Republic City.

"Remarkable. Come, sit with us. We would love to hear of your travels."

Another spirit perches itself on the nomad's shoulder, but suddenly its beautiful form transforms into something dark. It flies off much to the nomads' surprise. Shockingly, I see another dark spirit that cuts through a wall of a nearby hut. A man and a woman run out screaming. It all happened so fast. In the next moment there are dark spirits all over the village, and I shrink back as Vaatu swarms over.

"So, we meet again, human," Vaatu says darkly.

"Why is the great spirit of the darkness here but not his other half?" the monk asks.

"Uh, I'll explain later," Wan answers nervously as he Runs towards Vaatu. "Leave these people in peace. They've done nothing to harm you."

He firebends at a dark spirit who attacks a woman, and proceeds to fight the other spirits off. Raava then appears and knocks Vaatu away.

"Be gone," she exclaims.

Is- is she getting smaller?

When we first came across Raava, she was huge! Vaatu seems to be growing in size, so why is Raava so much smaller? I thought they were both balanced with each other, unless...

"How are you feeling since our split, Raava?" Vaatu asks her. "I've never been better. When Harmonic Convergence comes, I will destroy you forever."

...Harmonic convergence...

The dark spirit leaves, and Wan sighs in relief.

"I told you not to interfere," Raava yells at Wan.

"I had to do something. These people were in danger."

"Great spirit of light, we thank you for your help. But how did you become split from Vaatu?" The monk asks the spirit.

"Ask him," Raava says as she gestures toward Wan.

The nomad turns his head to Wan, and Wan slowly turns to the nomad.

"It wasn't my fault. Vaatu tricked me into freeing him. I'd take it all back if I could!"

I like Wan, but he couldn't tell that the huge dark spirit with the deep voice was evil?

"It's too late for that. Now that Vaatu is free, he is turning other spirits dark. The more spirits he turns, the stronger he becomes," Raava yells him.

"He's getting bigger, and you're getting smaller," Wan observes.

I knew I wasn't crazy, she is getting smaller!

"As darkness grows, light fades."

"I'm sorry for endangering your village, but I promise to set things right," Wan apologizes and lowers his head in shame.

"How?" The monk asks worryingly.

Wan, Raava, and the monk walk outside of the city and approaches the lion turtle. I think Wan may be asking for the power of air.

"Great lion turtle, I ask that you grant me the power of air so that I can defeat Vaatu before it's too late."

"You already carry the power of fire. No human has ever held two elements at the same time," it tells Wan.

"I'm not like other humans. I can learn to do it."

"Hmm, perhaps. But to do so, Raava must hold the power for you until you master it."

Hmmm.

"Ancient one," Raava says to the lion turtle. "Why would I do that for a human? Especially one who's caused so much trouble?"

"Raava, please, I can't let the world fall into chaos because of my mistake. Neither of us can defeat Vaatu alone, but together we have a chance," Wan pleads.

"You may be right. Very well. I will help you to master the power of air."

Yes!

"Thank you. And in return, I will help you restore balance to the world."

...

I followed Raava and Wan as they walked through deserted lands and on to the next lion turtle. I cannot wait until we get to the waterbending lion turtle! I bet it rests under a waterfall. To bad I can't bend, I'd have so much fun! And so would Korra. On the plus side, I'm watching the first Avatar and the great spirit of light take on the world's greatest enemy.

"What's this harmonic thing Vaatu was talking about?" Wan asks Raava.

"Harmonic Convergence. That is when Vaatu and I must battle for the fate of the world."

Really? I never knew this!

"How long do we have until then?"

"About a year in your time."

"Then we better start training," he says and starts firebending. "All right, I'm ready to try air. How's this gonna work?"

"The only way for me to give you the other element is to pass through your body and combine our energies."

"Great. So you've done this before."

"No, this has never even been attempted. It is very dangerous," she tells him.

Yikes.

"That's what they said about living in the Spirit Wilds, and I survived that. I'm ready, give me the air."

Raava passes through his body, and after he regains his composure, he sends out a gust of wind.

"It feels completely different. If you and Vaatu have the same fight every ten thousand years, why hasn't one of you destroyed the other?" He asks her as he continues practicing his airbending.

"He cannot destroy light any more than I can destroy darkness. One cannot exist without the other. Even if I defeat Vaatu in this encounter, darkness will grow inside me until he emerges again. The same will hold true if Vaatu defeats me."

So if Vaatu wins, she can just come back?

"That doesn't sound so bad. Even if Vaatu wins you'll come back."

"Yes, but you will probably not survive to see it. Vaatu will destroy the world as you know it. Darkness will cover the Earth for ten thousand years."

So if Raava is ever 'destroyed,' she won't be truly gone? It'll take 10,000 years for her to come back. So it won't really matter? The world will be too long gone by then.

"If I'm gonna help you battle Vaatu, then I should visit more lion turtles."

...

We visit two more lion turtle cities. Water being the coolest of course, and now Raava holds all four elements. One thing that I keep thinking about though, Aye-Aye told Wan that there are dozens of lion turtles, and we've only ever known of four, so where are the other ones? What other elements are there? Are they even elements? Maybe the lion turtle that opened Avatar Aang's chakra wasn't one of the lion turtles we've come across in Wan's universe.

I've watched Wan excel so much as he masters each element. It's been nice seeing his experience and hearing his insight on each element.

"This physical world is where humans come from. Spirits come from another realm. At the North and South Poles, the two realms intersect. Over time, more and more spirits have drifted into this world" Raava tells Wan. "Humans have been forced apart, settling on the lion turtles who protect them and losing touch with each other."

"Most people think they live in the only human city in the world," Wan tells her.

"Most humans think only of themselves, no matter how many others are around," Wan says as Raava passes through him. "When you pass through me, I feel an incredible rush of power. I feel like I'm changing. The more we practice, the stronger I become."

They continue to practice, but Wan stops to sniff the air. He looks confusingly at Raava. "Smells like smoke," he tells her.

"Humans are nearby," Raava says.

"Let's check it out."

They follow the smell through the forest and come across a group of people. To my surprise, one of those people happens to be Jaya! Even though he doesn't know of me, I've actually missed him. He was Wan's friend, and he only wanted him safe.

"A spirit!" A traveler yells referring to Raava.

He hurls a fireball toward Raava. Luckily Wan deflects it and jumps in front of her.

"Easy there, fellas. We're friendly."

"I can't believe it. Wan?" Jaya says as he walks up to Wan. He looks so much different, he has facial hair now, and his arms are all muscley. I wonder where Yao is!

"What are you doing out here?" Wan asks as he embraces his friend.

"You inspired us," he laughs. "Once we heard that you survived out in the wilds, we decided to try it, too."

"Where's Yao?"

Jaya's face changes. He looks sad. Oh, I don't think this is good. I don't think Yao made it. How sad...

"Did he come with you?" Wan asks again.

"Yes, but sadly, he didn't make it."

Wan hangs his head in sadness and sorrow. "We ... we lost a lot of good men along the way. So why were you protecting this spirit?" Jaya asks, changing the subject.

"This is Raava," Wan introduces her.

She's so much smaller now. She's almost the same height as Wan and Jaya.

"Don't worry, she's not like the dark spirits you've probably run into."

"Dark spirits? What's the difference? We throw fire at any spirit we see around here. Just like they attack any man."

Oh, no!

"You have no idea what you're doing! You're only making things worse," Raava exclaims.

She's right! They're upsetting the spirits!

"The spirits are coming back!" A man shouts.

"Let's wipe 'em out this time!" Jaya yells at him and they all run toward The incoming spirit. "We'll burn down this whole forest if we have to!"

Wan runs inbetween the two crowds, and I immediately recognize some of the spirits. Like Aye-Aye who's leading the pack.

"Get out of the forest, humans!"

"Wait! We can resolve this peacefully," Wan pleads.

"Stinky?" Aye-Aye says happily. "You came back."

"It's good to see you again."

I've missed him.

"You and Raava are just in time to help us clear these tree-killing fire-lovers out of here just like the old days."

"You are the one who's getting cleared out," Jaya yells harshly.

What happened to him?

"There's no need for violence. I know there must be a way to work out a compromise."

"You have a good heart, Stinky. But these fire tossers aren't like you," Aye-Aye says.

"Spirits like him killed our friends! I can't let them get away with that," Haha says harshly.

The rumbling of thunder sounds, and clouds roll in overhead. A lightning bolt strikes overhead, illuminating Vaatu's dark form in the sky. He laughs wickedly. He is terrifying. The spirits transform, and their likeness imitates Vaatu's dark image. This is the scariest thing I've ever witnessed, and I kinda wish I wasn't here to see it. To know that Jaya is now filled with hatred and leans towards violence, and Yao is gone, it makes me more sad than anything.

"We are protectors of the forest. We won't let you burn it down," Aye-Aye says in a deep scary voice.

"It's Vaatu. He's growing stronger, using their anger to turn them to his side," Raava tells Wan.

Aye-Aye avoids a fire ball tossed at him by Jaya, and he looks at him like he's going to kill him.

"Wipe them out!"

Why even bother trying to stop them? There's nothing I can do, and it sucks.

...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.2K 429 38
Your past comes back to haunt you when your idiot brother is arrested, yet again. Somehow unknowingly leaving you under the protection of a cop you c...
163K 8K 81
❝𝑲𝒉𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒆, 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒂 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒊𝒄𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒅𝒆𝒂𝒅 𝒄𝒐𝒍𝒅 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔, 𝒔𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒎𝒆 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒎.❞ ✧ in which a girl's l...
6.2K 315 10
_____________________________ ________________ Book 2; Only a few weeks pass from the events of Amon's revelation. Y/n choose to temporarily leave te...
39.4K 1.1K 25
______________________________ ______________________ Book 1; Y/n daughter of Commander Bumi and M/n a fragile noble from the fire nation who died wh...