:| |: White Dove :| |: - (Bl...

By IEatPuncakes

❝I just want... I just want you to be safe...❞ Alaina Ejiri and Rin Okumura were nearly inseparable. Aft... More

🕊 O N E 🕊
🕊 T W O 🕊
🕊 T H R E E 🕊
🕊 F I V E 🕊
🕊 S I X 🕊
🕊 S E V E N 🕊
🕊 E I G H T 🕊
🕊 N I N E 🕊
🕊 T E N 🕊
🕊 E L E V E N 🕊
🕊 T W E L V E 🕊
🕊 T H I R T E E N 🕊
🕊 F O U R T E E N 🕊
🕊 F I F T E E N 🕊
🕊 S I X T E E N 🕊
🕊 S E V E N T E E N 🕊
🕊 E I G H T E E N 🕊
🕊 N I N E T E E N 🕊
🕊 T W E N T Y 🕊
🕊 T W E N T Y - O N E 🕊
🕊 T W E N T Y - T W O 🕊
🕊 T W E N T Y - T H R E E 🕊
🕊 T W E N T Y - F O U R 🕊
🕊 T W E N T Y - F I V E 🕊
🕊 T W E N T Y - S I X 🕊
🕊 T W E N T Y - S E V E N 🕊
🕊 T W E N T Y - E I G H T 🕊
🕊 T W E N T Y - N I N E 🕊
🕊 T H I R T Y 🕊
🕊 T H I R T Y - O N E 🕊
🕊 T H I R T Y - T W O 🕊
🕊 T H I R T Y - T H R E E 🕊
🕊 T H I R T Y - F O U R 🕊
🕊 T H I R T Y - F I V E 🕊
🕊 T H I R T Y - S I X 🕊
🕊 T H I R T Y - S E V E N 🕊
🕊 T H I R T Y - E I G H T 🕊
🕊 T H I R T Y - N I N E 🕊
🕊 F O R T Y 🕊
🕊 F O R T Y - O N E 🕊
🕊 F O R T Y - T W O 🕊
🕊 F O R T Y - T H R E E 🕊
🕊 Author's Note 🕊
🕊 F O R T Y - F O U R 🕊

🕊 F O U R 🕊

3K 85 15
By IEatPuncakes

🕊Chapter Four: Dodgeball 🕊

🕊🕊🕊

"Alaina! Alaina, pay attention!"

The girl, now fifteen years old jerked awake from her spot at her desk. "Y-Yes, ma'am! My apologies!"

The teacher eyed her irritably and turned back to the board to continue teaching. 

"Anyway, class..."

Alaina sighed and blew a strand of newly pink hair out of her face. The class seemed to carry on forever today.

Before long, she felt a tap on her shoulder. She smirked and rolled her eyes, already knowing who it was. She turned around and stared at her best friend, "What do you want, Okumura?" She teased.

Rin smirked and leaned over his desk. "Got enough sleep last night? I could see you drooling from back here."

Alaina had a dream about that day in the daycare. The day she was finally taken from that retched orphanage. The day her life finally changed for the better. 

It's been eight years since that day in the daycare, and she was officially placed under Shiro Fujimoto's care as her Legal Guardian. Alaina was grateful for everything he, Rin, Yukio, and everyone else at the monetary had done for her. She couldn't imagine what her life would be like without them. She was finally happy.

Alaina pouted, smiling slightly. "I don't drool, stop lying."

Rin snickered.

"Alaina Ejiri and Rin Okumura!"

Both of them straightened their posture in a hurry as they faced the front of the class, responding in unison to the teacher, "Y-Yes, ma'am?!" 

"Met me after class!"

They both shrunk in their seat. "Yes, ma'am..."

Yukio sat in the back of the classroom, staring at his brother and good friend with a sigh. The only people in this is class that talked were those two. He loved them to death but they were such a handful at times. Especially when they were together.

The class went on like usual, Rin and Alaina refraining from talking to one another. Anytime Rin would attempt to hand her a note, the teacher would take it and rip it up. The bell rang and Rin and Alaina had rushed to leave class to avoid the scolding. Yukio, however, held them back.

"Oh, no you don't. If you two get in trouble, own up to it, and endure your deserved lecture."

Rin groaned and glared at him, being pushed back into the room. "You're such a teacher's pet, four-eyes!"

Yukio scoffed, disagreeing. "I just listen to directions. You should try it sometime. Alaina is falling behind in class because you keep talking to her."

"I am?!" Alaina exclaimed, a surprised and anxious tone in her voice. 

"She fell two percent because of your constant chatter."

"Two percent?! Geez, you're like the Hitler of good grades." Rin rolled his eyes and turned around, crossing his arms.

Alaina let out a breath of relief. She was never good about checking her grades and worried about falling behind. But thankfully it was just Yukio being overdramatic.

"That doesn't make any sense." Yukio sweatdropped, staring at the back of his brother's head.

Alaina laughed awkwardly at the two. It was common they bickered like this when Rin got in trouble in class. 

"Thank you, Yukio. You may get to your next class."

Yukio bowed, "Yes, ma'am.", and turned around gripping his bag as he left.

"Total teacher's pet." Rin leaned over and whispered in his friend's ear, making her giggle.

"Hey!"

The two jumped, standing straight. "Y-Yes!"

Their teacher sighed. "Listen. I get you both are good friends. I can tell that. It's pretty obvious, actually. But that's not the point. You two need to stop talking to each other and get better about paying attention."

Rin glared over to the side in annoyance, crossing his arms. Alaina stood there with her hands in front of her, listening. "Yes, ma'am. We're sorry. We'll try to be better."

She sighed and scratched her head. "The school year is almost over is less than a week and you both will be Freshmen next year. Rin, you really need to get better about turning in your work. Alaina, you're doing very well in your classes. Just make sure that Rin doesn't bring you down."

Alaina bowed her head, "Yes, ma'am."

She sighed and waved her hand, "You are dismissed."

The two left the classroom just as the bell rang, signaling the next class had started. "Who does she think she is? I'm doing a lot better than any other year."

Alaina smiled up at her friend, "Yeah. You are. And I'm proud of you! But she just wants you to do well, Rin. So do I."

Rin looked forward as they walked to their next class. "Yeah, I guess you're right."

Alaina smiled and leaned on him as he walked. "Of course I'm right. I'm smarter than you." She teased, a small smile on her face.

Rin scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Yeah, but I'm stronger than you."

Alaina pouted and shoved him. "Meanie."

He laughed and resumed his previous position next to her, finally making it to their next class, and sharing their least favorite; math.

🕊🕊🕊

"UGH! Who came up with math!?" Rin groaned, gripping onto his hair. 

Alaina laughed awkwardly. "Yeah. Math sucks, doesn't it?"

Rin looked over at her, hair all messy from his previous abuse by his own hands. "That is an understatement if I've ever heard one."

She smiled and walked out of the classroom. It was only lunchtime, and they were both done with school, and ready to go home.

"Finally! Lunchtime!"

Alaina stared up curiously at him, a brow quirked as she smiled questionably at him. "Since when are you excited about lunch? You hate school lunches."

Rin groaned, reaching his arms above his head in a big stretch. "Lunch is the only time I get to talk to you without getting in trouble. And I get to take your juice. The orange juice is the only good thing about it."

She laughed at him, "You're such a dork."

Rin smiled, ginning to himself. "You love me." He teased.

She smiled, "Maybe."

The two friends made their way to the cafeteria where Rin walked with Alaina as she grabbed her lunch so they could eat outside where they normally did. It was a nice day. The sun was shining down and there was a nice cool breeze.

There was an outside picnic table filled with the popular kids who started sitting there after seeing the two of them there.

"Ugh. They took our spot again." Rin groaned, staring at the kids sitting at their usual table.

Alaina smiled at him. "It's okay. We'll sit by that tree again. Like we have for the past ten times." She laughed awkwardly.

Rin sighed, "Okay, okay."

🕊🕊🕊

It was the last class of the day. Gym Class. Everyone was competing to see which side would get to skip out on doing to half-mile run for the next week. It was very competitive.

Alaina, Yukio, and several others were on the right side of the gym. Rin and a bunch of other athletic kids were sent to the left side.

The teacher's whistle sounded in the air. "Okumura! You're out!"

"What?! I didn't even get hit!"

"Don't argue! I saw it. Now get over here!"

Alaina laughed mockingly at him retreating to the bleachers. "Haha!"

"Better watch out, Ejiri! I'll be coming after you next!" Rin called, pointing at her.

She made a face at him, mocking him, "Oh, I'm soooooo~ scaared~." She snickered at his angry face.

He smirked. 'So that's how she wants to be... Fine!'

Some time went on as he watches Alaina and Yukio play. 

Rin was always a little surprised at his brother's athletic capabilities with how much of a nerd Yukio was. Rin always assumed all that studying and homework would've made him bad at sports, but it wasn't the case. He was the top student in their class for a reason.

Several minutes went by, and it was beginning to be a close call. Alaina had put her hair up in a ponytail long before now, her tight gym uniform allowing her good mobility.

"JAILBREAK!"

Several kids ran back onto the court, filling up the space they left behind. This was a no-play zone. Just business. Everyone had the intent to kill out on the court. Being literary, of course.

"How did you and four-eyes manage to last that long?" Rin teased, smirking as he yelled to the other side where his friend and brother were.

"I dunno, Okumura! Maybe It's just because I'm better than you!" She smirked slyly at him, watching his face contort into irritation.

Rin smirked. "Careful what you say, Eiji!"

🕊🕊🕊

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

354K 9.8K 58
As an Angel it was always your duty to protect those with a pure heart. Raised by the true cross order after the death of your parents you were give...
576 22 24
y/N didn't exactly hate her life, but as the second born she of an elite exorcist family she had to uphold all expectations and reputations of the fa...
144K 5K 69
❝ A smile formed on my face, and for a moment, it seemed like the city went quiet as if they'd really heard me. And maybe, just for a second, the...
146K 3.8K 33
y/n, a new ex-wire in True Cross Academy, meets every possible personality there. But can't get whats different about Rin and his younger brother, Yu...